Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | NotN Music Club [OPEN!]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
claim! [b]Drops:[/b] [item=Crimson Rogue Hood][item=date plumed cover][item=tigerblood foo][item=aurelian porcupine][item=strange chest]x12 [b]Thoughts:[/b] Definitely not something I'd listen to on my own but I really liked No Love (Interlude) and Let Live. Nice calming music, scared me when they started talking at the beginning though xD overall very nice and relaxing :) [b]Next:[/b] [spoiler]Suki Suki Daisuki by Jun Togawa[/spoiler] --> [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmhcSNLIflA3SUlzz4wGn9fomoJF4MbHF]Link[/url]!
claim!
Drops:
Crimson Rogue Hood Date Plumed Cover Tigerblood Foo Aurelian Porcupine Strange Chest x12
Thoughts: Definitely not something I'd listen to on my own but I really liked No Love (Interlude) and Let Live. Nice calming music, scared me when they started talking at the beginning though xD overall very nice and relaxing :)

Next: Suki Suki Daisuki by Jun Togawa --> Link!
0464d7796820bdcb24963d3798cece840337c42a.pngHW4lpxl.png
Drops: [item=Strange Chest] x10, [item=Pronghorn Stomper] x1 Thoughts: Kind of a mixed bag, but overall pretty good! I enjoyed the second track and the last two, but some of the others were a bit grating to me. A solid 6/10 - I probably won't seek it out again, but if it came on on the radio, I wouldn't turn it off. Next person: [url=https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_khO-yOFA63HIKbjL4xi4Z9CMOyNHFq5rQ]Youtube[/url] / [url=https://open.spotify.com/album/1z9Gc48TdeR5AgEWUQoTOK?si=FAZByZgZT22IPdv_wIhKMQ&utm_source=copy-link]Spotify[/url] (It's a long one, about an hour and 20 minutes, but I won't be mad if you skip the spoken word parts lol) [spoiler]Deadhorse (Deluxe Edition) by Dirt Poor Robins[/spoiler]
Drops: Strange Chest x10, Pronghorn Stomper x1

Thoughts: Kind of a mixed bag, but overall pretty good! I enjoyed the second track and the last two, but some of the others were a bit grating to me. A solid 6/10 - I probably won't seek it out again, but if it came on on the radio, I wouldn't turn it off.

Next person: Youtube / Spotify (It's a long one, about an hour and 20 minutes, but I won't be mad if you skip the spoken word parts lol)
Deadhorse (Deluxe Edition) by Dirt Poor Robins
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Claim!

Note: I swear I haven’t forgotten about this, I got interrupted and am waiting for my family to go to bed so I can listen without headphones.

Thoughts: Okay I think I listened to all of it? I couldn’t get YouTube to cooperate, and Spotify is a huge pain and stuck it on shuffle for some reason (I hate Spotify lol). I think it started over once or twice, or else played some songs it wasn’t supposed to, because the Spotify playlist didn’t quite match the YouTube one. So yeah, sorry if I missed some songs, I didn’t really want to listen to everything twice to make sure.

I’ll admit, with the first song I wasn’t sure what to think. The music itself was good, but I wasn’t so sure about the lyrics. I’m glad I gave it a chance though, because hoo boy this was good! The songs were all different enough that they avoided the whole “same song” thing that some artists get, but similar enough that I could tell it was the same band. It probably would’ve had a more profound effect in order since it sounded like one of those story albums, but unfortunately there’s not much I could do about that. I’ll have to figure out YouTube mobile before I come back to this thread.

My favorites were the Babylon song, Enchanté, the one about Algernon (which makes me sad from that word alone), and one more that I don’t know the name of. All in all, I would definitely listen to this again, and possibly more of this band if they all have the same vibe.

Epic Undertale Playlist SoundCloud
Claim!

Note: I swear I haven’t forgotten about this, I got interrupted and am waiting for my family to go to bed so I can listen without headphones.

Thoughts: Okay I think I listened to all of it? I couldn’t get YouTube to cooperate, and Spotify is a huge pain and stuck it on shuffle for some reason (I hate Spotify lol). I think it started over once or twice, or else played some songs it wasn’t supposed to, because the Spotify playlist didn’t quite match the YouTube one. So yeah, sorry if I missed some songs, I didn’t really want to listen to everything twice to make sure.

I’ll admit, with the first song I wasn’t sure what to think. The music itself was good, but I wasn’t so sure about the lyrics. I’m glad I gave it a chance though, because hoo boy this was good! The songs were all different enough that they avoided the whole “same song” thing that some artists get, but similar enough that I could tell it was the same band. It probably would’ve had a more profound effect in order since it sounded like one of those story albums, but unfortunately there’s not much I could do about that. I’ll have to figure out YouTube mobile before I come back to this thread.

My favorites were the Babylon song, Enchanté, the one about Algernon (which makes me sad from that word alone), and one more that I don’t know the name of. All in all, I would definitely listen to this again, and possibly more of this band if they all have the same vibe.

Epic Undertale Playlist SoundCloud
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Claim! Ooh, Undertale! It's been a while. The Undertale soundtrack already sounds like nostalgia, so being genuinely nostalgic for it was a lot of emotion. Nostalgia squared, wow. I was feeling a little leitmotif'ed out by the end, though, between the multiple Megalovanias and several medleys. [item=Rally][item=Nebula Starsilk Tailwrap][item=Nebula Starsilk Sleeves] [item=Strange Chest] x 22 (+15 from trading materials) ----- Next person: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWiw16acTQ][b]Youtube[/b][/url] [spoiler]Deep Politics by Grails[/spoiler]
Claim!

Ooh, Undertale! It's been a while. The Undertale soundtrack already sounds like nostalgia, so being genuinely nostalgic for it was a lot of emotion. Nostalgia squared, wow. I was feeling a little leitmotif'ed out by the end, though, between the multiple Megalovanias and several medleys.

Rally Nebula Starsilk Tailwrap Nebula Starsilk Sleeves Strange Chest x 22 (+15 from trading materials)

Next person: Youtube
Deep Politics by Grails
An interesting album, for sure! It had a very nice melody overall, though some songs felt too long and a few seemed to blend in together. I really liked Future Primitive, Deep politics and I Led Three Lives, absolutely gonna add them to my personal playlist lol

Next Person:
"The Much Much How How and I" by Cosmo Sheldrake
An interesting album, for sure! It had a very nice melody overall, though some songs felt too long and a few seemed to blend in together. I really liked Future Primitive, Deep politics and I Led Three Lives, absolutely gonna add them to my personal playlist lol

Next Person:
"The Much Much How How and I" by Cosmo Sheldrake
hdCEH9z.png

nefzg1V.png
WKtl2lb.png

I'm familiar with Cosmo Sheldrake! I even heard some of the songs in this album, i guess this is a sign for me to fully listen to it! all his instruments are nothing i've ever heard before, every song is unique but all sound like they belong in the same place- or rather album i'd say. Cosmo always has those whimsical lyrics making his songs sounding like fairytale, very much my taste (as you can probably tell from album i suggested) i enjoyed this album. Coming into this, Solar Waltz was my favorite. Walking out, Solar Waltz is still my favorite, but Axolotl and Run Rings Right Wrongs are other found favorites. Thanks for giving me a reason to finish this album! it was a treat. edit for op after me: you get it sm. i enjoyed reading ur thoughts! Razia's Shadow is the first album i heard storytelling trailing off after every song and I've been obsessed with it for the entire year. (and for more years to come) I have no words to describe all the feelings i have for these songs! and the story too. I also singalong with it!! you get it!! [u]notable drops[/u] [item=anticipate] x2 [item=sap] x2 [item=strange chest] x15 ----- Next Person: [url=https://open.spotify.com/album/1TtcqoTGxpZdPIWPrFqO5t?si=hymJqOdVSiKhvt03AtrCCg]Spotify link[/url] - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwRpkCvgjYY&list=PLQJwkdkii-jq9mg55RuuS788fQ1IQsoPQ]Youtube link[/url] [spoiler]Razia's Shadow: A Musical[/spoiler]
I'm familiar with Cosmo Sheldrake! I even heard some of the songs in this album, i guess this is a sign for me to fully listen to it!

all his instruments are nothing i've ever heard before, every song is unique but all sound like they belong in the same place- or rather album i'd say. Cosmo always has those whimsical lyrics making his songs sounding like fairytale, very much my taste (as you can probably tell from album i suggested) i enjoyed this album.
Coming into this, Solar Waltz was my favorite.
Walking out, Solar Waltz is still my favorite, but Axolotl and Run Rings Right Wrongs are other found favorites.
Thanks for giving me a reason to finish this album! it was a treat.

edit for op after me: you get it sm. i enjoyed reading ur thoughts! Razia's Shadow is the first album i heard storytelling trailing off after every song and I've been obsessed with it for the entire year. (and for more years to come) I have no words to describe all the feelings i have for these songs! and the story too.
I also singalong with it!! you get it!!

notable drops
Anticipate x2 Sap x2 Strange Chest x15
Next Person: Spotify link - Youtube link
Razia's Shadow: A Musical
Claim~

OH LOL I DON'T EVEN NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS TO GIVE MY IMPRESSION. This is one of my favourite albums, thanks for giving me an excuse to listen to it AGAIN lmao. I'll do a better writeup afterwards mebbe

The Haul
Strange Chest x34
Eliminate x1
Nature Rune x1

Impression
Alright so as stated this album's been near the top of my favourites for about 10 years now. It was one of my first introductions to narrative/concept albums, but before that to 'storytelling albums' and 'storytelling through music'; ie, where there's concrete visions and actions being depicted sheerly through the music itself. It's overshadowed a bit by how explicit the narrative is and the fact the characters are often literally describing what they're doing, but it's the vocal inflections and instruments doing the heavy work of depicting the scene -- and they do an EXCRUCIATINGLY good job of it.

Like, kind of an outrageously good job of it, because there isn't a point in this album where I'm not getting a vivid image of what the character looks like, how they're moving, the setting, etc sheerly through the music and vocals. For that alone it's an obscenely good album that's kind of hard to put down the same way it's hard to put down a novel, because it basically is just a novel. The singers on this thing all knock it out of the park depicting their characters and the ones I know are also great musicians in their own right, who pretty obviously brought their strengths onto this thing in a way that mixed really well (looking mostly at Casey of The Dear Hunter and Aaron of mewithoutYou)

So with that being said the story is what this is all centred around/hinges on, because all the composition is in service to depicting that story, and the story...

It's kind of frustratingly good. It's cheesy, it's outrageously hokey at points and there's some pretty rough-around-the-edges lyrics or lines that are hard not to cringe at ('I'm THE SPIDER..... CRAWL INSIDE HER....' is still really awful to the point I'm not sure if I actually just love it for how awkward it is, and 'I can't do this/ BUT YOU MUUUuUUuuUUuUST PRINCEEEeEeeEESSS' is also still really funny lol) but it's counterbalanced by way more moments where it just gets everything right. The majesty of Ahrima and the lamps, the sneaky spiteful malevolence of the spider manipulating him, Toba's righteous fury, all of The Exit, the scuzziness of the Doctor, Pallis' condescending dark strictness, etc it's all extremely on point. So for every awkward beat there's at least two really superb ones, and there's still turns of phrase from this thing that have wormed their way into my head that keep emerging when I'm writing, so the lyrical imagery also sticks.

And the plot, you know, it looks simple. It kind of is really simple. Maybe the better word is straightforward. There's no tricks or flashy hooks, it's a conventional well-written story, mostly because it's so darn sweet and earnest in that convention. And the more you look at it the more it's like, wow, there's some pretty big stuff it's dealing with here actually, you know the good and evil and love as the meaning of life theological junk, that sticks like a glue beneath the hokey archetypes that gives it this persistent relevance. It's impressive it fit into what, an hour?, with as much lowkey complexity as it has. There isn't a missing or superfluous story beat on this thing, I don't think there's any point you could take out.

For that it's one of those albums that I think has been way more influential than people know or really realise. It's certainly been influential on my stuff honestly more than it has a right to but that's the breaks when something's just kind of good -_-

Really fun singalong album too.

Next: Masayoshi Takanaka - The Rainbow Goblins Youtube | Spotify
Claim~

OH LOL I DON'T EVEN NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS TO GIVE MY IMPRESSION. This is one of my favourite albums, thanks for giving me an excuse to listen to it AGAIN lmao. I'll do a better writeup afterwards mebbe

The Haul
Strange Chest x34
Eliminate x1
Nature Rune x1

Impression
Alright so as stated this album's been near the top of my favourites for about 10 years now. It was one of my first introductions to narrative/concept albums, but before that to 'storytelling albums' and 'storytelling through music'; ie, where there's concrete visions and actions being depicted sheerly through the music itself. It's overshadowed a bit by how explicit the narrative is and the fact the characters are often literally describing what they're doing, but it's the vocal inflections and instruments doing the heavy work of depicting the scene -- and they do an EXCRUCIATINGLY good job of it.

Like, kind of an outrageously good job of it, because there isn't a point in this album where I'm not getting a vivid image of what the character looks like, how they're moving, the setting, etc sheerly through the music and vocals. For that alone it's an obscenely good album that's kind of hard to put down the same way it's hard to put down a novel, because it basically is just a novel. The singers on this thing all knock it out of the park depicting their characters and the ones I know are also great musicians in their own right, who pretty obviously brought their strengths onto this thing in a way that mixed really well (looking mostly at Casey of The Dear Hunter and Aaron of mewithoutYou)

So with that being said the story is what this is all centred around/hinges on, because all the composition is in service to depicting that story, and the story...

It's kind of frustratingly good. It's cheesy, it's outrageously hokey at points and there's some pretty rough-around-the-edges lyrics or lines that are hard not to cringe at ('I'm THE SPIDER..... CRAWL INSIDE HER....' is still really awful to the point I'm not sure if I actually just love it for how awkward it is, and 'I can't do this/ BUT YOU MUUUuUUuuUUuUST PRINCEEEeEeeEESSS' is also still really funny lol) but it's counterbalanced by way more moments where it just gets everything right. The majesty of Ahrima and the lamps, the sneaky spiteful malevolence of the spider manipulating him, Toba's righteous fury, all of The Exit, the scuzziness of the Doctor, Pallis' condescending dark strictness, etc it's all extremely on point. So for every awkward beat there's at least two really superb ones, and there's still turns of phrase from this thing that have wormed their way into my head that keep emerging when I'm writing, so the lyrical imagery also sticks.

And the plot, you know, it looks simple. It kind of is really simple. Maybe the better word is straightforward. There's no tricks or flashy hooks, it's a conventional well-written story, mostly because it's so darn sweet and earnest in that convention. And the more you look at it the more it's like, wow, there's some pretty big stuff it's dealing with here actually, you know the good and evil and love as the meaning of life theological junk, that sticks like a glue beneath the hokey archetypes that gives it this persistent relevance. It's impressive it fit into what, an hour?, with as much lowkey complexity as it has. There isn't a missing or superfluous story beat on this thing, I don't think there's any point you could take out.

For that it's one of those albums that I think has been way more influential than people know or really realise. It's certainly been influential on my stuff honestly more than it has a right to but that's the breaks when something's just kind of good -_-

Really fun singalong album too.

Next: Masayoshi Takanaka - The Rainbow Goblins Youtube | Spotify
Drops: [item=Strange Chest]x6 [item=Sap] [item=Shattered Serpent] Thoughts: Not the kind of thing I would normally listen to on my own, but I'm so glad I did because this album is beautiful! I especially loved Rainbow Paradise and Thunderstorm but the whole thing was so cheerful and lovely. Will definitely be listening again :] ------- Next: [spoiler]I Like Fun by They Might Be Giants[/spoiler] [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMZspu4a2xsNCrB60WUBNKgBkmtFVMbt9]Youtube[/url] | [url=https://open.spotify.com/album/0NphwDR3zIVfULKcBDQ9Ap?si=-HmTnYmLQmi0Fj4eA5Q75Q]Spotify[/url]
Drops:
Strange Chest x6 Sap Shattered Serpent

Thoughts: Not the kind of thing I would normally listen to on my own, but I'm so glad I did because this album is beautiful! I especially loved Rainbow Paradise and Thunderstorm but the whole thing was so cheerful and lovely. Will definitely be listening again :]

Next: I Like Fun by They Might Be Giants Youtube | Spotify
they/he | FR+3
claim

thoughts: I like the sounds a lot

laurel hell - mitski (link)
claim

thoughts: I like the sounds a lot

laurel hell - mitski (link)
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
The Haul
Strange Chest x13
Gene: Candycane x1

Impression
Musically it's alright. Nothing really astounding nothing really awful, not repetitive enough to be boring not intricate enough to need much attention. Has some nice energy at points, easy to chill and zone out to. Kind of almost offensively inoffensive. Would be chill radio music which might be the point.

Subject matter wise, uhhhhhhh hahaha lol. Pretty up itself honestly. Talks a lot about others not loving her enough but not very much about her affection for others, except to say that she's bad at it, which I suppose I believe! It's not like I don't get the sentiments going on but it's like seeing someone working on a math problem until it's one step from solved, then scrunching up the paper throwing it away and going 'waaah! I give up! I don't get it!'. Blah. On purpose. Frustrating.

Next: Honorary Astronaut - EP. 001 Youtube | Spotify
The Haul
Strange Chest x13
Gene: Candycane x1

Impression
Musically it's alright. Nothing really astounding nothing really awful, not repetitive enough to be boring not intricate enough to need much attention. Has some nice energy at points, easy to chill and zone out to. Kind of almost offensively inoffensive. Would be chill radio music which might be the point.

Subject matter wise, uhhhhhhh hahaha lol. Pretty up itself honestly. Talks a lot about others not loving her enough but not very much about her affection for others, except to say that she's bad at it, which I suppose I believe! It's not like I don't get the sentiments going on but it's like seeing someone working on a math problem until it's one step from solved, then scrunching up the paper throwing it away and going 'waaah! I give up! I don't get it!'. Blah. On purpose. Frustrating.

Next: Honorary Astronaut - EP. 001 Youtube | Spotify
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13