Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Putting Down Roots - a Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21
Woo! Can I just say, I appreciate the little details you use to distinguish the different breeds of dragon--how Neveah smells, the flat tone of Marbles, and Holmes's mimicry to name a few--it just really sells how unique each one is and makes the world that much more vibrant!
Woo! Can I just say, I appreciate the little details you use to distinguish the different breeds of dragon--how Neveah smells, the flat tone of Marbles, and Holmes's mimicry to name a few--it just really sells how unique each one is and makes the world that much more vibrant!
Lupine||Xb6XvIZ.pngomhr10R.pnglAvpyOQ.pngJ7D1quC.pngn29EMdP.png
food_bloody_snapdragon_by_dogi_crimson-dag65m2.gif
~~
Nature Worldbuilding/Lore
Writing/Lore Shop
???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please be gentle with me, I get stressed and anxious easily, and don't always pick up on meanings or social cues. I'm very detail-oriented & like to have all information possible before proceeding.
@Pocketdog Thank you so much :D
@Pocketdog Thank you so much :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[quote name="@Petall" date="2023-01-29 23:49:05" ] Omg, Holmes is so precious, I think she is swiftly becoming my favourite character in this locke so far. [/quote] You do like your Nocturnes don't you :P
@Petall wrote on 2023-01-29 23:49:05:
Omg, Holmes is so precious, I think she is swiftly becoming my favourite character in this locke so far.
You do like your Nocturnes don't you :P
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Huh, I never made that nocturne connection, I guess I do have a thing for nocs! (Myste my beloved...)
Huh, I never made that nocturne connection, I guess I do have a thing for nocs! (Myste my beloved...)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall @Emordnilap @Solaristigres @Oranitha @Pocketdog @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett

No story update at the moment, but check it out! We've got a very pretty header on the first post now! :D
@Petall @Emordnilap @Solaristigres @Oranitha @Pocketdog @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett

No story update at the moment, but check it out! We've got a very pretty header on the first post now! :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
That header is gorgeous, holy macaroni penguins!
That header is gorgeous, holy macaroni penguins!
Lupine||Xb6XvIZ.pngomhr10R.pnglAvpyOQ.pngJ7D1quC.pngn29EMdP.png
food_bloody_snapdragon_by_dogi_crimson-dag65m2.gif
~~
Nature Worldbuilding/Lore
Writing/Lore Shop
???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please be gentle with me, I get stressed and anxious easily, and don't always pick up on meanings or social cues. I'm very detail-oriented & like to have all information possible before proceeding.
OMG THAT HEADER IS STUNNING!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!
OMG THAT HEADER IS STUNNING!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][i]Day 20 - In Trust[/i][/b] [size=1]@Petall @Emordnilap @Solaristigres @Oranitha @Pocketdog @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=dried lilium petals] [b]Sentence:[/b] Writing -----[/center] "Holmes?" a deep voice rumbled. "Are you in there?" Holmes poked their head out of the den entry hole. She uttered a short chatter of surprise upon seeing Salt just outside. Salt turned his head slightly away to see them better. His hands were tucked close to his chest, folded in such a way that his thumb claws were nearly out of sight - as nonthreatening as he could be. He smiled. "There you are! Hello!" "...Hello." "You have something of mine, don't you?" Salt prompted. Holmes thought for a moment. Then, she nodded swiftly and scuttled back into the den. Moments later, she returned, walking on hind legs and wing knuckles and holding an object that looked a bit like a wide, curved section of copper pipe. It was comical in their hands, big enough to stick her whole face into, with a strange panel on one side. She held it out to Salt. "Yes, that's the one," Salt replied. "But, here's the thing: I don't actually need that [i]with me[/i], not like Neveah and her weapon. It's less here because I want it, and more because I don't want a certain group to have it. Do you understand?" Holmes tilted their head and stared at Salt. She tried again, equally futilely, to mimic the fin gesture that Marbles used to ask questions, and carefully pulled the object back toward herself. "Hmm, that might have been too complex to drop on you," Salt mused. "What I mean is, that is a secret treasure. I got it in much the same way as you got some of your secret treasures. But it might be best if I'm not the one keeping it anymore. Can you do me the honor of hiding it as your own?" Holmes' eyes widened. "Hide? Can hide! I. Can hide. It. Yes! I can hide it!" "It's a small chance that anyone would come this far looking," Salt admitted. Then, he murmured to himself, "Even assuming they didn't just remake it and blow themselves up..." Holmes shuffled closer, staring at Salt like a particularly curious cat. Salt chuckled. "No sense in worrying about that now. Thank you for keeping this safe for me." Holmes instantly perked up again. She clutched the device close to their chest and scooted excitedly back to their den. She twisted their head around at the entrance. "Thank you!" she called, before disappearing inside. ----- I'm trying a pattern where I have max one writing pull per post, but other things can pair with writing or each other? We'll see how that goes over time.
Day 20 - In Trust
Pull:
Dried Lilium Petals
Sentence: Writing
"Holmes?" a deep voice rumbled. "Are you in there?"

Holmes poked their head out of the den entry hole. She uttered a short chatter of surprise upon seeing Salt just outside.

Salt turned his head slightly away to see them better. His hands were tucked close to his chest, folded in such a way that his thumb claws were nearly out of sight - as nonthreatening as he could be. He smiled. "There you are! Hello!"

"...Hello."

"You have something of mine, don't you?" Salt prompted.

Holmes thought for a moment. Then, she nodded swiftly and scuttled back into the den. Moments later, she returned, walking on hind legs and wing knuckles and holding an object that looked a bit like a wide, curved section of copper pipe. It was comical in their hands, big enough to stick her whole face into, with a strange panel on one side. She held it out to Salt.

"Yes, that's the one," Salt replied. "But, here's the thing: I don't actually need that with me, not like Neveah and her weapon. It's less here because I want it, and more because I don't want a certain group to have it. Do you understand?"

Holmes tilted their head and stared at Salt. She tried again, equally futilely, to mimic the fin gesture that Marbles used to ask questions, and carefully pulled the object back toward herself.

"Hmm, that might have been too complex to drop on you," Salt mused. "What I mean is, that is a secret treasure. I got it in much the same way as you got some of your secret treasures. But it might be best if I'm not the one keeping it anymore. Can you do me the honor of hiding it as your own?"

Holmes' eyes widened. "Hide? Can hide! I. Can hide. It. Yes! I can hide it!"

"It's a small chance that anyone would come this far looking," Salt admitted. Then, he murmured to himself, "Even assuming they didn't just remake it and blow themselves up..."

Holmes shuffled closer, staring at Salt like a particularly curious cat. Salt chuckled. "No sense in worrying about that now. Thank you for keeping this safe for me."

Holmes instantly perked up again. She clutched the device close to their chest and scooted excitedly back to their den. She twisted their head around at the entrance. "Thank you!" she called, before disappearing inside.

I'm trying a pattern where I have max one writing pull per post, but other things can pair with writing or each other? We'll see how that goes over time.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I hope that Holmes hiding this thing doesn't get her hurt! But it was a very clever idea on Salt's part, I can't wait to find out more about this object and why dragons are after it!
I hope that Holmes hiding this thing doesn't get her hurt! But it was a very clever idea on Salt's part, I can't wait to find out more about this object and why dragons are after it!
[center][b][i]Day 21 - Moss o Meños[/i][/b] [size=1]@Petall @Emordnilap @Solaristigres @Oranitha @Pocketdog @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=amethyst geode][item=battered scroll case] [b]Sentence:[/b] Writing, Art -----[/center] "Hey, Salt," Anzu said. "Can I get your help for a little while today?" "You're in luck," Salt chuckled. "I was looking for something to do. What do you need?" "I found a big moss patch," Anzu explained. "I want to collect a bunch, and something like your claws would be a big help." - "So, what do you need the moss for, anyway? I hear it's good as bandages." "Certain kinds are. No, this is for our paths." The two landed, and Anzu pointed out the edges of the moss carpet. He paced across it, estimating the widths needed, and Salt followed, using his thumb claws to carve easily through the moss. "The paths?" Salt asked. "Yep. We haven't had a super serious rain storm like the one you blew in on, thankfully, but when that one was happening, everything was completely unusable. Neveah wants to get a gutter system onto the paths eventually, but we don't really have anyone with the right set of skills for that. So in the meantime the moss will at least be something to dig our claws into, you know?" "I see! Will it grow firmly enough into the rootwood?" "I'm hoping it will." They worked in silence for a bit, cutting rectangles of moss and piling them up. "Excuse me if this sounds a little ignorant," Salt said, "but I'm a little surprised you're... allowed to do this." Anzu frowned. "Huh? What do you mean?" Salt gestured at the bare earth under where they had been working. "Cutting up the plant life like this, taking it elsewhere, walking all over the bits of it. That doesn't go against any Nature tenets?" "Oh." Anzu laughed. "Of course not! That would be like... like the Arcanist being so protective of his domain that he bans you from studying the stars." "That would be ridiculous. Researching the world and what's outside of it is what Arcanist made his children to do." "And Gladekeeper made us to be part of her ecosystem," Anzu replied. "Everything in a healthy system is useful to something else in the system. We are here to care for her garden. If we refused to use what the Gladekeeper provides, that would be disrespectful!" "That makes sense," Salt mused. "As long as you don't go too far, of course." "Of course," Anzu agreed. "I was sometimes warned about Lightning dragons as a youth. Gross generalization, obviously, but I imagine some of them feel the same way about us - always taking only what we need, and not producing for the pure sake of production. Speaking of taking what we need, I think that's enough moss for now. If Gladekeeper wills it, it will spread, and meanwhile this patch will spread back into place as well." "So, the Gladekeeper controls all her plants?" "Perhaps. But Gladekeeper must exert at least some force on life in the space we live. After all, every home and path is carved into the most direct conduit of Nature magic we have - the very roots of the Behemoth herself." ----- For the art, continuing the emblematic art with Neveah! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/444724100963893259/1074543779853385778/1676234907698-6102c5ce-cbcc-48f0-9375-2b56e5de3563_2.jpg[/img]
Day 21 - Moss o Meños
Pull:
Amethyst Geode Battered Scroll Case
Sentence: Writing, Art
"Hey, Salt," Anzu said. "Can I get your help for a little while today?"

"You're in luck," Salt chuckled. "I was looking for something to do. What do you need?"

"I found a big moss patch," Anzu explained. "I want to collect a bunch, and something like your claws would be a big help."

-

"So, what do you need the moss for, anyway? I hear it's good as bandages."

"Certain kinds are. No, this is for our paths."

The two landed, and Anzu pointed out the edges of the moss carpet. He paced across it, estimating the widths needed, and Salt followed, using his thumb claws to carve easily through the moss. "The paths?" Salt asked.

"Yep. We haven't had a super serious rain storm like the one you blew in on, thankfully, but when that one was happening, everything was completely unusable. Neveah wants to get a gutter system onto the paths eventually, but we don't really have anyone with the right set of skills for that. So in the meantime the moss will at least be something to dig our claws into, you know?"

"I see! Will it grow firmly enough into the rootwood?"

"I'm hoping it will."

They worked in silence for a bit, cutting rectangles of moss and piling them up.

"Excuse me if this sounds a little ignorant," Salt said, "but I'm a little surprised you're... allowed to do this."

Anzu frowned. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Salt gestured at the bare earth under where they had been working. "Cutting up the plant life like this, taking it elsewhere, walking all over the bits of it. That doesn't go against any Nature tenets?"

"Oh." Anzu laughed. "Of course not! That would be like... like the Arcanist being so protective of his domain that he bans you from studying the stars."

"That would be ridiculous. Researching the world and what's outside of it is what Arcanist made his children to do."

"And Gladekeeper made us to be part of her ecosystem," Anzu replied. "Everything in a healthy system is useful to something else in the system. We are here to care for her garden. If we refused to use what the Gladekeeper provides, that would be disrespectful!"

"That makes sense," Salt mused. "As long as you don't go too far, of course."

"Of course," Anzu agreed. "I was sometimes warned about Lightning dragons as a youth. Gross generalization, obviously, but I imagine some of them feel the same way about us - always taking only what we need, and not producing for the pure sake of production. Speaking of taking what we need, I think that's enough moss for now. If Gladekeeper wills it, it will spread, and meanwhile this patch will spread back into place as well."

"So, the Gladekeeper controls all her plants?"

"Perhaps. But Gladekeeper must exert at least some force on life in the space we live. After all, every home and path is carved into the most direct conduit of Nature magic we have - the very roots of the Behemoth herself."
For the art, continuing the emblematic art with Neveah!
1676234907698-6102c5ce-cbcc-48f0-9375-2b56e5de3563_2.jpg
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21