Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [FIN] They're All In Cahoots! Discussion
And I dont wanna parrot everyone’s point on the two votes getting in so fast, but just to make it clear I do find the two votes being casted back to back at the start of the day very weird. I think it’s less on the vote itself but more on the timing and the very strong opinion that Celestic is mafia. Both seems very determined and certain.

Though, I highly doubt mafia would just pop up and cast two votes like that. It does make me wonder if they have some sort of information from their roles that make them so sure on the Celestic sus.
And I dont wanna parrot everyone’s point on the two votes getting in so fast, but just to make it clear I do find the two votes being casted back to back at the start of the day very weird. I think it’s less on the vote itself but more on the timing and the very strong opinion that Celestic is mafia. Both seems very determined and certain.

Though, I highly doubt mafia would just pop up and cast two votes like that. It does make me wonder if they have some sort of information from their roles that make them so sure on the Celestic sus.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Well, there was that weird discussion about why it would totally have been better to hide dandelion's role card, which kind of feels like an attempt to go way off course and wildly speculate about a mafia ability in order to draw attention away from them? Basically acting like they don't know how it works so clearly they're not mafia. As I've said before, I've only seen role-hiding abilities in 3rd-party and mafia for non-b*stard games, and definitely no ability to hide a random town's roleflip. (I have seen roles that can hide all flips for a day, or that can hide a roleflip while simultaneously concealing the player from other type of abilities though. Actually now that I've brought that up that's also a possibility.)

There was also the weird tunneling on Hiii and trying to claim that Hiltain killing llorn made Hiii suspicious. It feels like Leo was putting a lot of effort yesterday into trying to claim that our confirmed townie was actually mafia.
Well, there was that weird discussion about why it would totally have been better to hide dandelion's role card, which kind of feels like an attempt to go way off course and wildly speculate about a mafia ability in order to draw attention away from them? Basically acting like they don't know how it works so clearly they're not mafia. As I've said before, I've only seen role-hiding abilities in 3rd-party and mafia for non-b*stard games, and definitely no ability to hide a random town's roleflip. (I have seen roles that can hide all flips for a day, or that can hide a roleflip while simultaneously concealing the player from other type of abilities though. Actually now that I've brought that up that's also a possibility.)

There was also the weird tunneling on Hiii and trying to claim that Hiltain killing llorn made Hiii suspicious. It feels like Leo was putting a lot of effort yesterday into trying to claim that our confirmed townie was actually mafia.
deseczka2.png
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2022-10-01 16:45:52" ] And I dont wanna parrot everyone’s point on the two votes getting in so fast, but just to make it clear I do find the two votes being casted back to back at the start of the day very weird. I think it’s less on the vote itself but more on the timing and the very strong opinion that Celestic is mafia. Both seems very determined and certain. Though, I highly doubt mafia would just pop up and cast two votes like that. It does make me wonder if they have some sort of information from their roles that make them so sure on the Celestic sus. [/quote] Okay, so I was bandwagoning a little, but not in the way you think. I've been trying to hold off on early-voting since it doesn't seem to be how it works here, but after seeing Shimmer also being willing to early-vote I figured that meant it was acceptable to start early-voting later into the game. I'd have voted for Leo no matter who Shimmer voted for.
Tanglefire wrote on 2022-10-01 16:45:52:

Okay, so I was bandwagoning a little, but not in the way you think. I've been trying to hold off on early-voting since it doesn't seem to be how it works here, but after seeing Shimmer also being willing to early-vote I figured that meant it was acceptable to start early-voting later into the game. I'd have voted for Leo no matter who Shimmer voted for.
deseczka2.png
@/Ainsell I completely goofed. I didn't think about how it was a mafia kill. I still believe that covering their role card could have also potentially hidden some vital information about their town role type. That being said I don't understand how it benefits the third party to cover their role card unless it was jester type where you were trying to get eliminated at or by a certain point.

I understand why the Mafia would want to hide their role. I don't understand why a third party would want to since they are, to my understanding, pretty much out. Unless they can win even after death (not in the case they were trying to die).

@/Beatoriche
I had said before I don't find it sus that they vote for me since they have done so consistently. It may just be a bolder playstyle to go ahead and place your vote to change it later if a situation occurs. It's not how I like to play but I don't think it is out of character at least for Griffin. I also understand Shimmer sees me as a weaker sus player.
@/Ainsell I completely goofed. I didn't think about how it was a mafia kill. I still believe that covering their role card could have also potentially hidden some vital information about their town role type. That being said I don't understand how it benefits the third party to cover their role card unless it was jester type where you were trying to get eliminated at or by a certain point.

I understand why the Mafia would want to hide their role. I don't understand why a third party would want to since they are, to my understanding, pretty much out. Unless they can win even after death (not in the case they were trying to die).

@/Beatoriche
I had said before I don't find it sus that they vote for me since they have done so consistently. It may just be a bolder playstyle to go ahead and place your vote to change it later if a situation occurs. It's not how I like to play but I don't think it is out of character at least for Griffin. I also understand Shimmer sees me as a weaker sus player.
MUOEd1W.png
Forums I Run

Official Shadow Subspecies Hub: IF | OOF
FR Deity Memes | Food Exchange
W.I.P Lore | Dragon Pen Pals | Art | More..

She/They | FR+ 3 | English | ID: 208844
UeqWADf.png
I would also like to say to this quote [quote]t feels like Leo was putting a lot of effort yesterday into trying to claim that our confirmed townie was actually mafia.[/quote] that it being Day two has allowed me to try and piece theories together. It was no longer based on personal opinion questions but on actions. I had mentioned before in the case of @/Hiii that I did not want to let anyone fly under the radar. We have already seen from the start of Day 2 that the information received isn't always accurate. So that being in mind- I wanted to throw the thoughts that had crossed in my head out there. In the case of my death or being eliminated. We also had the span of 3 irl days so I was able to put in more effort.
I would also like to say to this quote
Quote:
t feels like Leo was putting a lot of effort yesterday into trying to claim that our confirmed townie was actually mafia.

that it being Day two has allowed me to try and piece theories together. It was no longer based on personal opinion questions but on actions. I had mentioned before in the case of @/Hiii that I did not want to let anyone fly under the radar. We have already seen from the start of Day 2 that the information received isn't always accurate. So that being in mind- I wanted to throw the thoughts that had crossed in my head out there. In the case of my death or being eliminated. We also had the span of 3 irl days so I was able to put in more effort.
MUOEd1W.png
Forums I Run

UeqWADf.png
[quote name="CelesticLeo" date="2022-10-01 16:56:45" ] That being said I don't understand how it benefits the third party to cover their role card unless it was jester type where you were trying to get eliminated at or by a certain point. [/quote] Honestly when I said "third-party" I was assuming it was some kind of innate ability that meant their role card would be covered no matter what, not something that they had to activate.
CelesticLeo wrote on 2022-10-01 16:56:45:
That being said I don't understand how it benefits the third party to cover their role card unless it was jester type where you were trying to get eliminated at or by a certain point.

Honestly when I said "third-party" I was assuming it was some kind of innate ability that meant their role card would be covered no matter what, not something that they had to activate.
deseczka2.png
Day ends in a little less than 24 hours. Remember to get your actions and votes in!
Day ends in a little less than 24 hours. Remember to get your actions and votes in!
jghAv2V.png
i'll quickly answer all the questions (which are all similar in a way) here and mourn over the loss of cookies. nooooooooo Σ(°o°lll)

honestly? i throw in the vote as both a reminder to myself that i Have to Vote and to prompt celestic to explain their actions (which are still squint-worthy on the hiii sus part. this game is non-b*stard so the mods cannot lie, and from a game balancing pov, having a one-shot that can lie about assignments using a mod announcement just seems too op for it to be true. if the "hiii conf town" part came from one of the players' investigative abilities, i would also doubt it, but since the mods confirmed it, i would trust them, and waste less time on thinking about the impossible)

also, the immediate "oh lynx must be scum/3p" thought was my tired brain malfunctioning. i could totally see how it would actually be a scum/3p x-shot ability to cover up someone's rolecard to pave way for chaos such as my initial thoughts, especially if scum KNEW that lynx was Not part of them (ie lynx was either town or 3p.), so as to confuse people and shift the focus of suspicion from them to the others, but there is always the off chance that it is lynx's passive at work which hints at a non-town friendly role.

i will also try to read tangle i guess, but tangle is an enigma. ugh...
i'll quickly answer all the questions (which are all similar in a way) here and mourn over the loss of cookies. nooooooooo Σ(°o°lll)

honestly? i throw in the vote as both a reminder to myself that i Have to Vote and to prompt celestic to explain their actions (which are still squint-worthy on the hiii sus part. this game is non-b*stard so the mods cannot lie, and from a game balancing pov, having a one-shot that can lie about assignments using a mod announcement just seems too op for it to be true. if the "hiii conf town" part came from one of the players' investigative abilities, i would also doubt it, but since the mods confirmed it, i would trust them, and waste less time on thinking about the impossible)

also, the immediate "oh lynx must be scum/3p" thought was my tired brain malfunctioning. i could totally see how it would actually be a scum/3p x-shot ability to cover up someone's rolecard to pave way for chaos such as my initial thoughts, especially if scum KNEW that lynx was Not part of them (ie lynx was either town or 3p.), so as to confuse people and shift the focus of suspicion from them to the others, but there is always the off chance that it is lynx's passive at work which hints at a non-town friendly role.

i will also try to read tangle i guess, but tangle is an enigma. ugh...
9wQxglT.pngo6Tbf9W.png onQoetT.pngOiUbXtl.png
@/Shimmerwing

I mentioned in another post that while the Mods themself won't lie, they did confirm that the messages they post can be a lie from the player. I confirmed that info after posting my theory. I just wanted to contribute and throw out my ideas and thoughts more so nothing was left unsaid or under the radar.
@/Shimmerwing

I mentioned in another post that while the Mods themself won't lie, they did confirm that the messages they post can be a lie from the player. I confirmed that info after posting my theory. I just wanted to contribute and throw out my ideas and thoughts more so nothing was left unsaid or under the radar.
MUOEd1W.png
Forums I Run

UeqWADf.png
[quote name="@CelesticLeo" date="2022-10-01 17:01:42" ] I would also like to say to this quote [quote]t feels like Leo was putting a lot of effort yesterday into trying to claim that our confirmed townie was actually mafia.[/quote] that it being Day two has allowed me to try and piece theories together. It was no longer based on personal opinion questions but on actions. I had mentioned before in the case of @/Hiii that I did not want to let anyone fly under the radar. We have already seen from the start of Day 2 that the information received isn't always accurate. So that being in mind- I wanted to throw the thoughts that had crossed in my head out there. In the case of my death or being eliminated. We also had the span of 3 irl days so I was able to put in more effort. [/quote] while i do think that, generally, it's good to question some things, the hiii sus reads as a conspiracy theory? but i was curious, so i asked the mods a few questions. they said that all abilities are resolved before the end of the day, and before someone is elimed or voted out. they also mentioned that lightning abilities /usually/ cannot be interfered with. so there's a bit of info town has now aand i don't think i have to write about why i don't think i'm scum lol [quote name="@lyrelore" date="2022-10-01 11:27:25" ] @/Hiii [quote name="Hiii" date="2022-09-30 21:53:43" ] but we have a bit of new information at least. there is definitely a scum who can hide rolecards, and that ability is likely one/two shot for balancing. interesting that it was used now instead of d1. [/quote] or Lynx might've had a passive that allows them to hide their own rolecard - unless i'm missing something of course. (am i missing something?)[/quote] i think it just didn't occur to me? --- doing a quick read (since i don't think i've read tangle) before i have to go do some work ahaha @Tanglefire [b]leans town.[/b] while i do think peoples' wariness towards @/starstream was valid, i think it was more of a playstyle difference rather than anything suspicious. @/Tanglefire seems to talk often and it just seems like they're trying to be helpful. --- going to be pinging people who haven't posted much, partly for the rule that you have to post 3+ times a day, and partly because i'd like to hear more of their opinions (not pinging people i've already pinged in my above comments) @/lyrelore @Beatoriche @Ainsell
@CelesticLeo wrote on 2022-10-01 17:01:42:
I would also like to say to this quote
Quote:
t feels like Leo was putting a lot of effort yesterday into trying to claim that our confirmed townie was actually mafia.

that it being Day two has allowed me to try and piece theories together. It was no longer based on personal opinion questions but on actions. I had mentioned before in the case of @/Hiii that I did not want to let anyone fly under the radar. We have already seen from the start of Day 2 that the information received isn't always accurate. So that being in mind- I wanted to throw the thoughts that had crossed in my head out there. In the case of my death or being eliminated. We also had the span of 3 irl days so I was able to put in more effort.

while i do think that, generally, it's good to question some things, the hiii sus reads as a conspiracy theory? but i was curious, so i asked the mods a few questions.

they said that all abilities are resolved before the end of the day, and before someone is elimed or voted out. they also mentioned that lightning abilities /usually/ cannot be interfered with.

so there's a bit of info town has now aand i don't think i have to write about why i don't think i'm scum lol

@lyrelore wrote on 2022-10-01 11:27:25:
@/Hiii
Hiii wrote on 2022-09-30 21:53:43:
but we have a bit of new information at least. there is definitely a scum who can hide rolecards, and that ability is likely one/two shot for balancing. interesting that it was used now instead of d1.

or Lynx might've had a passive that allows them to hide their own rolecard - unless i'm missing something of course. (am i missing something?)

i think it just didn't occur to me?

---

doing a quick read (since i don't think i've read tangle) before i have to go do some work ahaha

@Tanglefire

leans town. while i do think peoples' wariness towards @/starstream was valid, i think it was more of a playstyle difference rather than anything suspicious. @/Tanglefire seems to talk often and it just seems like they're trying to be helpful.

---

going to be pinging people who haven't posted much, partly for the rule that you have to post 3+ times a day, and partly because i'd like to hear more of their opinions (not pinging people i've already pinged in my above comments)

@/lyrelore @Beatoriche @Ainsell
1HKauy9.png