Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Starwood stories (open!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote=Prompt]The skydancer smiled, twirling a fern in her claws. "And you want some MAGIC done? What kind?" The fae considered. "Okay, okay, skip that. I'll need payment up front." The fae 's crest tilted. She placed her gems on the table. The skydancer took a breath. "... That'll do." She said, caressing the gems. " Now, whaddya need done?[/quote] [quote=generator]a cup of tea[/quote] [b][font=Georgia]Entry Three: Title TBD[/b] [i]Bonus Item: [/i] reserve!
Prompt wrote:
The skydancer smiled, twirling a fern in her claws. "And you want some MAGIC done? What kind?" The fae considered. "Okay, okay, skip that. I'll need payment up front." The fae 's crest tilted. She placed her gems on the table. The skydancer took a breath. "... That'll do." She said, caressing the gems. " Now, whaddya need done?
generator wrote:
a cup of tea

Entry Three: Title TBD
Bonus Item:

reserve!
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
@DragonQueenHi any chance you have another generator? i went to go to it today to get my prompt for my post and i was blocked by my browser security telling me the site was likely to give me a trojan :| i went through anyway but i'd prefer to not have to do that at all
@DragonQueenHi any chance you have another generator? i went to go to it today to get my prompt for my post and i was blocked by my browser security telling me the site was likely to give me a trojan :| i went through anyway but i'd prefer to not have to do that at all
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[quote name="@Valoria" date="2022-09-23 08:39:00" ] @.DragonQueenHi any chance you have another generator? i went to go to it today to get my prompt for my post and i was blocked by my browser security telling me the site was likely to give me a trojan :| i went through anyway but i'd prefer to not have to do that at all [/quote] Sorry, but i don't think i can!
@Valoria wrote on 2022-09-23 08:39:00:
@.DragonQueenHi any chance you have another generator? i went to go to it today to get my prompt for my post and i was blocked by my browser security telling me the site was likely to give me a trojan :| i went through anyway but i'd prefer to not have to do that at all
Sorry, but i don't think i can!
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
[quote name="lyrelore" date="2022-09-22 11:09:55" ] yaya new prompt. i'll go ahead and use this as my claimed spot since i'm already posting LOL could i be put on the pinglist please? (edit: sorry if i wasn't supposed to post yet, the WIP thing was crossed out so i thought it didn't apply anymore!) [/quote] If it's crossed out u can post! :)
lyrelore wrote on 2022-09-22 11:09:55:
yaya new prompt. i'll go ahead and use this as my claimed spot since i'm already posting LOL

could i be put on the pinglist please?

(edit: sorry if i wasn't supposed to post yet, the WIP thing was crossed out so i thought it didn't apply anymore!)
If it's crossed out u can post! :)
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
wishlist
Posting my own story for a laugh! [quote]The skydancer smiled, twirling a fern in her claws. "And you want some MAGIC done? What kind?" The fae considered. "Okay, okay, skip that. I'll need payment up front." The fae 's crest tilted. She placed her gems on the table. The skydancer took a breath. "... That'll do." She said, caressing the gems. " Now, whaddya need done? [/quote] [quote]a familiar[/quote] The skydancer smiled, twirling a fern in her claws. "And you want some MAGIC done? What kind?" The fae considered. "Okay, okay, skip that. I'll need payment up front." The fae 's crest tilted. She placed her gems on the table. The skydancer took a breath. "... That'll do." She said, caressing the gems. " Now, whaddya need done? "I see you know the worth of these gems? " Coldfang clinked them in her claws. "I need a curse." Jinx smiled. " can't you do that yourself, oh great witch? " Coldfang's crown glowed as she glared. "This isn't a plague magic spell. It's... NATURE-arcane." She spat the word nature. " and I'd rather you try to do THAT then me, to be completely honest. " "Oh, i know, sweetie. But i need more info." Coldfang placed a branch of a starwood tree into her hand. "I need this cursed. It's a... GIFT...for ashraven, if you know what i mean..." Jinx smiled, her claws glowing. "Pleasure doing business with you, sweetie." Coldfang just nodded.
Posting my own story for a laugh!
Quote:
The skydancer smiled, twirling a fern in her claws. "And you want some MAGIC done? What kind?" The fae considered. "Okay, okay, skip that. I'll need payment up front." The fae 's crest tilted. She placed her gems on the table. The skydancer took a breath. "... That'll do." She said, caressing the gems. " Now, whaddya need done?
Quote:
a familiar

"I see you know the worth of these gems? " Coldfang clinked them in her claws. "I need a curse." Jinx smiled. " can't you do that yourself, oh great witch? " Coldfang's crown glowed as she glared. "This isn't a plague magic spell. It's... NATURE-arcane." She spat the word nature. " and I'd rather you try to do THAT then me, to be completely honest. "

"Oh, i know, sweetie. But i need more info." Coldfang placed a branch of a starwood tree into her hand. "I need this cursed. It's a... GIFT...for ashraven, if you know what i mean..." Jinx smiled, her claws glowing. "Pleasure doing business with you, sweetie."

Coldfang just nodded.
wishlist
((Sorry, this got...pretty dark))
Quote:
The spiral bowed awkwardly, tucking her wings to her sides in an effort to look more.. Sophisticated. She gulped. Curse this tiny spiral body! "O Arcanist..." Deep breath. " i wanted to ask you something.. "
Perhaps the deity wasn't even listening. Perhaps the deity didn't even care. Perhaps the god had already abandoned her.
"...I want to fly again. I want to live once more." her ghostly form wavered, flickered like badly formed torch, like a light that should have been dead yet refused to rest. "I want to return to my hatchlings, wherever and whomever they may be, if only for one final second."
Could even the Arcanist himself resurrect the dead? Could anyone?
"I want to say good-bye."
She had shut her eyes when an experiment had gone terribly wrong and opened them not three minutes later hovering above the ruins of her mage tower, scales rusty and shimmering like the ghost she was.
Ironically, it was only when she was dead could she finally regret living.
All those summers, spent with books instead of her children.
All those moments, spent with her own experiments instead of her mate until it was too late and her sweet lover was gone.
All those days, spent slaving over runes while her hatchlings played alone in the library's grand, dusty and empty halls.
All those nights, spent worrying why, just why her magecraft went wrong instead of fretting over whether or not her hatchlings ever made it home.
All those times when she would look at her life in moments and wonder, just wonder, how her children had grown so big and so resentful of a mother that preferred her experiments to them.
For all her accomplishments in life, the arrogant archmage never had a chance to even say good-bye to her own children. She had been a fool to ever think one could only have enough love in their heart for one subject, a fool who had thought her books were worth much more than the way the light in her hatchlings' eyes would slowly die little by little as she sequestered them away in her library, hoarding them the same way one could hoard precious books until they grew old enough and left as an exalt to the war and the battlefield taking only the combat spellbooks she had offered them and not even her own blessings to leave.
"Arcanist, my lord, if they are still in the world of the living, if they are still there, wondering what became of their mother...Arcanist please, I want to talk to them." Please "I want to apologize."
((Sorry, this got...pretty dark))
Quote:
The spiral bowed awkwardly, tucking her wings to her sides in an effort to look more.. Sophisticated. She gulped. Curse this tiny spiral body! "O Arcanist..." Deep breath. " i wanted to ask you something.. "
Perhaps the deity wasn't even listening. Perhaps the deity didn't even care. Perhaps the god had already abandoned her.
"...I want to fly again. I want to live once more." her ghostly form wavered, flickered like badly formed torch, like a light that should have been dead yet refused to rest. "I want to return to my hatchlings, wherever and whomever they may be, if only for one final second."
Could even the Arcanist himself resurrect the dead? Could anyone?
"I want to say good-bye."
She had shut her eyes when an experiment had gone terribly wrong and opened them not three minutes later hovering above the ruins of her mage tower, scales rusty and shimmering like the ghost she was.
Ironically, it was only when she was dead could she finally regret living.
All those summers, spent with books instead of her children.
All those moments, spent with her own experiments instead of her mate until it was too late and her sweet lover was gone.
All those days, spent slaving over runes while her hatchlings played alone in the library's grand, dusty and empty halls.
All those nights, spent worrying why, just why her magecraft went wrong instead of fretting over whether or not her hatchlings ever made it home.
All those times when she would look at her life in moments and wonder, just wonder, how her children had grown so big and so resentful of a mother that preferred her experiments to them.
For all her accomplishments in life, the arrogant archmage never had a chance to even say good-bye to her own children. She had been a fool to ever think one could only have enough love in their heart for one subject, a fool who had thought her books were worth much more than the way the light in her hatchlings' eyes would slowly die little by little as she sequestered them away in her library, hoarding them the same way one could hoard precious books until they grew old enough and left as an exalt to the war and the battlefield taking only the combat spellbooks she had offered them and not even her own blessings to leave.
"Arcanist, my lord, if they are still in the world of the living, if they are still there, wondering what became of their mother...Arcanist please, I want to talk to them." Please "I want to apologize."
AND-GOD-SAID.png
not gonna get around to finishing my entry for the current prompt in time unfortunately, so I'm just gonna take my time with it and put it up when it's ready. I'm just in this for the fun of it anyway :3
not gonna get around to finishing my entry for the current prompt in time unfortunately, so I'm just gonna take my time with it and put it up when it's ready. I'm just in this for the fun of it anyway :3
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
[Center][S]WIP DON'T POST[/s] [b][size=6][color=#FF00FF]W[/color][color=#BF00FF]i[/color][color=#7F00FF]n[/color][color=#3F00FF]n[/color][color=#0000FF]e[/color][color=#003FFF]r[/color][color=#007FFF]s[/color] [/size][b][size=6][emoji=pink star size=1][size=4] [quote]good luck! @doozie @unidra @Late711 @cowboymouth @farore[/quote] Skaya has read and compiled your entries, and the book is complete! 6 books remain. After a small clan-wide vote, our winner is... @tetrahedr0n! Runner-up being.. N/A The prize board isn't up yet, you can pick when it is! [b][size=6][color=#FF00FF]P[/color][color=#AA00FF]r[/color][color=#5500FF]o[/color][color=#0000FF]m[/color][color=#0055FF]p[/color][color=#00AAFF]t[/color][/size][b][size=6] Aand the new prompt is.. [quote] "Happy Starfall!" " you too! " The young imperial smiled as she flew down toward the tourmaline archives. Starfall was so fun. She hung up the lanterns in the spot asked, then grabbed a book. Soon she was engrossed. "Hello? HELLO? There's a tundra here!" A dragon called. She started. How long hae she been asleep? [/size] [i][/i] Pick up your badge on the front page! DQH Xx
WIP DON'T POST
Winners
Quote:
Skaya has read and compiled your entries,
and the book is complete!
6 books remain.

After a small clan-wide vote, our winner is...
@tetrahedr0n!
Runner-up being..
N/A
The prize board isn't up yet, you can pick when it is!

Prompt
Aand the new prompt is..
Quote:
"Happy Starfall!" " you too! " The young imperial smiled as she flew down toward the tourmaline archives. Starfall was so fun. She hung up the lanterns in the spot asked, then grabbed a book. Soon she was engrossed.

"Hello? HELLO? There's a tundra here!" A dragon called. She started. How long hae she been asleep?

Pick up your badge on the front page! DQH Xx
wishlist
[quote=Today's prompt] "Happy Starfall!" " you too! " The young imperial smiled as she flew down toward the tourmaline archives. Starfall was so fun. She hung up the lanterns in the spot asked, then grabbed a book. Soon she was engrossed. "Hello? HELLO? There's a tundra here!" A dragon called. She started. How long hae she been asleep?[/quote] [quote=Mandatory item] a tundra named Millie[/quote] When the explosion went off,[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77327950] Independent[/url] turned to the mayor with a lazy grin. "Would you, ah, like me to—" "Yes, yes!" snapped the mayor, waving angry claws at her. "I hire you to go take care of it!" They turned away, muttering about treasure, and Independent pulled herself to her feet. She yawped a summoning and scattered all down the city streets, dragons popped out of shops or market stalls or, notably, a barrel of old dead fish. The Contractors gathered around Independent, asking what was up, what were they doing today, and Independent snapped her jaws for their attention. "Our dear client, Mayor—" she blanked on the name, and so barreled on— "of the city, has grown weary of our presence here in their town." Mutterings and curses. The Contractor who'd been belly-deep in fish barrel shook their head, utterly unashamed. "But before we go," Independent said, lifting her voice above the complaints, "we've got one last job." "That explosion over there?" hollered one Contractor. Independent pointed at them. "Bingo! That explosion over there! Let's take care of it!" She jumped forward and the Contractors followed, falling in line behind her, forming one large noisy pack pelting down the streets with the residents, all decked out in Starfall celebratory attire, yelping and hastilly making way before they could get trampled. Still, at least one market stall was overturned; Independent saw a stack of books go up in a flurry of loose pages out of the corner of an eye. Maybe there was a reason the mayor regretted their contract. Well, they'd be out of their scales soon enough. One last job before that, though. Independent skidded to a stop before the building the explosion had originated: the Tourmaline Archives. Dragons wheeled in confusion outside it, and pink smoke still floated through the air. At least it hadn't seemed to have caused arcane flame, or otherwise spread—[i]that[/i] was always a pain to clean up. "Contractors!" Independent called. "Split into two-three teams. Three outside on perimeter, don't let anyone else inside, keep watch for anything amiss. Two enter from the roof, work your way down through each room, towards the explosion. Two through front entrance, another two through side and back entrances each, and do the same, search each room, go to explosion. Identify source of explosion, assess damage, determine what can be done to fix or stop it, don't be, eh, too risky! This is the Arcanist's territory, after all!" Rough laughter bounced between Contractors, and one asked, "And you, boss?" "My team! We're going through the hole." Independent showed her teeth, to yips and howls of delight from the mercenaries, and as they began to disperse, sorting themselves into teams, she leaped forward without waiting. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78497698]Decipher[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80653583]Torga[/url] flanked her on either side, and together they flew up to the gaping hole in the Archives' side. Pink smoke billowed out from the crack still, sparkling and gritty to the teeth, and Independent held her breath as she dove down, her fellows close on her tail. She landed with a thump to polished tile, and as her regular vision eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, she swung her head around, scanning for heat signatures. "Hello? HELLO!" She bounded forward, to a tundra sprawled across a cushion, but saw she was unconscious. The smoke rose faintly off her fur. "There's a tundra here," she yelled over her shoulder. "Seems a mage got too frisky with the scrolls. Nothing else of threat." Decipher nodded and turned, jumping back out of the hole with fierce beats of her wings, to report back to the mayor. "She's coming to," Torga said, having trotted over, and peeling back the eyelid of the tundra to stare at the blank pink eye gazing vaguely back. "Seems to be alright. Hey, what's your name?" "M-Millie," the tundra said blearily. "W-what happened? Why am I—why aren't I an imperial anymore?? Is this—" a disgusted snarl— "Am I covered in [i]fur[/i]?" "What sort of spells were you reading," Torga asked sternly. Independent yawned, turning away to scan their surroundings, just in case. A short job, then. Hopefully the teams didn't break too many things during their search. She'd told them no pillaging, but . . . Her heat vision caught a flicker of movement behind the pillars. Independent stopped short, coming to full attention, watching that spot. No further movement, but then. A flash of pink, then two thin glowing slits. Two more. [i]Four[/i] more. All glowing. Glaring. Eyes. "Torga," Independent drawled, interrupting an argument between aberration and imperial-turned-tundra. "It wasn't spells." "What?" Torga said grumpily, turning to her. Independent nodded to the monstrous shadow lurking in the darkness still. "Something's playing games." A thunderous growl echoed through the hall, sending vibrations rippling down the tiled floor and juddering up Independent's body. She bared her teeth, flexed her claws, enjoying the sensation. Torga snarled and jumped up to stand by Independent's side, facing the beast. "Let's hope those other teams get here quick," xe growled. "For sure," Independent said easily, stalking towards the beast. "We wouldn't want them to miss out on the fun."
Today's prompt wrote:
"Happy Starfall!" " you too! " The young imperial smiled as she flew down toward the tourmaline archives. Starfall was so fun. She hung up the lanterns in the spot asked, then grabbed a book. Soon she was engrossed.

"Hello? HELLO? There's a tundra here!" A dragon called. She started. How long hae she been asleep?
Mandatory item wrote:
a tundra named Millie

When the explosion went off, Independent turned to the mayor with a lazy grin. "Would you, ah, like me to—"

"Yes, yes!" snapped the mayor, waving angry claws at her. "I hire you to go take care of it!" They turned away, muttering about treasure, and Independent pulled herself to her feet. She yawped a summoning and scattered all down the city streets, dragons popped out of shops or market stalls or, notably, a barrel of old dead fish.

The Contractors gathered around Independent, asking what was up, what were they doing today, and Independent snapped her jaws for their attention. "Our dear client, Mayor—" she blanked on the name, and so barreled on— "of the city, has grown weary of our presence here in their town."

Mutterings and curses. The Contractor who'd been belly-deep in fish barrel shook their head, utterly unashamed.

"But before we go," Independent said, lifting her voice above the complaints, "we've got one last job."

"That explosion over there?" hollered one Contractor.

Independent pointed at them. "Bingo! That explosion over there! Let's take care of it!" She jumped forward and the Contractors followed, falling in line behind her, forming one large noisy pack pelting down the streets with the residents, all decked out in Starfall celebratory attire, yelping and hastilly making way before they could get trampled. Still, at least one market stall was overturned; Independent saw a stack of books go up in a flurry of loose pages out of the corner of an eye.

Maybe there was a reason the mayor regretted their contract.

Well, they'd be out of their scales soon enough. One last job before that, though. Independent skidded to a stop before the building the explosion had originated: the Tourmaline Archives. Dragons wheeled in confusion outside it, and pink smoke still floated through the air. At least it hadn't seemed to have caused arcane flame, or otherwise spread—that was always a pain to clean up.

"Contractors!" Independent called. "Split into two-three teams. Three outside on perimeter, don't let anyone else inside, keep watch for anything amiss. Two enter from the roof, work your way down through each room, towards the explosion. Two through front entrance, another two through side and back entrances each, and do the same, search each room, go to explosion. Identify source of explosion, assess damage, determine what can be done to fix or stop it, don't be, eh, too risky! This is the Arcanist's territory, after all!"

Rough laughter bounced between Contractors, and one asked, "And you, boss?"

"My team! We're going through the hole." Independent showed her teeth, to yips and howls of delight from the mercenaries, and as they began to disperse, sorting themselves into teams, she leaped forward without waiting. Decipher and Torga flanked her on either side, and together they flew up to the gaping hole in the Archives' side.

Pink smoke billowed out from the crack still, sparkling and gritty to the teeth, and Independent held her breath as she dove down, her fellows close on her tail. She landed with a thump to polished tile, and as her regular vision eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, she swung her head around, scanning for heat signatures.

"Hello? HELLO!" She bounded forward, to a tundra sprawled across a cushion, but saw she was unconscious. The smoke rose faintly off her fur. "There's a tundra here," she yelled over her shoulder. "Seems a mage got too frisky with the scrolls. Nothing else of threat."

Decipher nodded and turned, jumping back out of the hole with fierce beats of her wings, to report back to the mayor.

"She's coming to," Torga said, having trotted over, and peeling back the eyelid of the tundra to stare at the blank pink eye gazing vaguely back. "Seems to be alright. Hey, what's your name?"

"M-Millie," the tundra said blearily. "W-what happened? Why am I—why aren't I an imperial anymore?? Is this—" a disgusted snarl— "Am I covered in fur?"

"What sort of spells were you reading," Torga asked sternly.

Independent yawned, turning away to scan their surroundings, just in case. A short job, then. Hopefully the teams didn't break too many things during their search. She'd told them no pillaging, but . . .

Her heat vision caught a flicker of movement behind the pillars. Independent stopped short, coming to full attention, watching that spot. No further movement, but then. A flash of pink, then two thin glowing slits. Two more. Four more. All glowing. Glaring.

Eyes.

"Torga," Independent drawled, interrupting an argument between aberration and imperial-turned-tundra. "It wasn't spells."

"What?" Torga said grumpily, turning to her.

Independent nodded to the monstrous shadow lurking in the darkness still. "Something's playing games."

A thunderous growl echoed through the hall, sending vibrations rippling down the tiled floor and juddering up Independent's body. She bared her teeth, flexed her claws, enjoying the sensation. Torga snarled and jumped up to stand by Independent's side, facing the beast.

"Let's hope those other teams get here quick," xe growled.

"For sure," Independent said easily, stalking towards the beast. "We wouldn't want them to miss out on the fun."
DRAGONS !
@DragonQueenHi i'd like to be pinged for the prompts, if that's possible :)
@DragonQueenHi i'd like to be pinged for the prompts, if that's possible :)
DRAGONS !
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11