Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [kingdomlocke] ghost kingdom
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18
@Raptondragon
No worries, the Harpy is going to be around for a bit. They're giving Yseult an extra life, after all. XD

Pretty boggie! More lore, I'm guessing?
@Raptondragon
No worries, the Harpy is going to be around for a bit. They're giving Yseult an extra life, after all. XD

Pretty boggie! More lore, I'm guessing?
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
@girlofSornieth
Possibly..
But maybe you should take a better look at their familiar- Wait no FRIEND. Their FRIEND.
@girlofSornieth
Possibly..
But maybe you should take a better look at their familiar- Wait no FRIEND. Their FRIEND.
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
@Raptondragon
OH HI TAILON

That is Tailon, right? XD
@Raptondragon
OH HI TAILON

That is Tailon, right? XD

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

@girlofSornieth
That do be Tailon yes, Tailon actually looks more like an eagle than anything else in-lore, but since we don't have something like that (That I know of), I'll settle for a stonewatch harpy.
@girlofSornieth
That do be Tailon yes, Tailon actually looks more like an eagle than anything else in-lore, but since we don't have something like that (That I know of), I'll settle for a stonewatch harpy.
@girlofSornieth

Could I please be added to the pinglist? This is wonderful!

Also, I have to say, you have the same luck with monarchs that I have with pirate captains. Here's hoping things go more smoothly in the future!

I'm excited to see how Sage fits into all of this!!!
@girlofSornieth

Could I please be added to the pinglist? This is wonderful!

Also, I have to say, you have the same luck with monarchs that I have with pirate captains. Here's hoping things go more smoothly in the future!

I'm excited to see how Sage fits into all of this!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/9#post_51561524]Previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/11#post_51578338]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=1]@ANT4RES @AngstOnTour @Raptondragon @Petall @SufferingCity[/size][/center] ----- [center][size=4][b]Yseult's Journal[/b][/size] [i]Day 18[/i] [item=supplicant footies][/center] "My name is Sokkot," the Harpy said. "Fala sent me." Sokkot has recovered enough to talk. Their voice, whether from age or weakness, is faint and rasps like gravel against the dry earth. I had to keep my head close to hear them, which was good for the things Sokkot had to tell me. "We have eyes," they said, wheezing softly, "in every kingdom. Your old home has – had! – two. As you know." I nodded. I remembered my previous mate, and how her eyes could look haunted as we hid from the sun in our dark cave. There were other things she was hiding from, though I never pressed her to tell me more. My heart sank at Sokkot's use of the past tense; so she had not survived Cumulus's wrath. Sokkot must have seen the grief in my eyes, for they suddenly coughed out a laugh. "Do not fear, fledgling," they croaked. "Your mate lives, and your only son. The Amethyst King could not afford to lose even more of his people. No, Ripley retired. Fully, now. She would not even speak to us after you left. We lost a good eye, with her." Relief filled me, and an old longing. Ripley was a good mate, and a better warrior; I trust that she will raise our son well. I looked at the three eggs in my nest with a sharp pang. They were due to hatch any hour. Only one out of three had survived then. Would my luck be better or worse now? "They are not the only ones who live," Sokkot continued. "Our other eye sent us a most urgent report. The Throne of Gems has been playing with death magic. Most dangerous of them. Their last success was a Spiral who claims to know you, and your exploits here, very well." I trembled. "Toxie," I said. "That is what she called herself." Sokkot smiled at me. "We had not known the details of your success, but it seems you flew higher than we hoped." "But," I said. My heart shuddered. "Then, Cumulus knows." "He does," Sokkot said. "He does not seem willing to act, yet. But Fala thought you should know all, just in case. She has faith you will decide well." "I will not provoke him," I said. "Not while my family lives in his shadow." "And when they no longer do? What then? You may have no choice if the Spiral calls for a blood price, fledgling." Comet stuck his head into the room before I could answer. "Milord," he said. He has taken to using the title since Larch explained our mission here. He had started with "Your Majesty"; I told him to stop being ridiculous. "You'd better come down. Larch found something." I left Sokkot to rest, after helping them drink, and followed Comet. "They look a little better," Comet said as we went down the spiral stairs. "They'll recover, right?" Sokkot's wings had been shattered. Mictlantecuhtli doubts that they will ever be able to fly again. Their leg was not much better, but at least it would heal in time. Such was the work of the wolves of the Crags, Sokkot had told us. They were a formidable enemy of both dragons and birds, and Sokkot knows they were lucky to escape them with their life. "Yes," I said to Comet. "What did Larch find?" Comet led me outside to three small hatchlings, curled up on Larch's back much like Somnus and the other foundlings had once been. It had not been so long since then, but I still ached for the brave little Obelisk. These three now slept soundly, despite Larch quivering beneath them from trying not to cough. "He found them by the back wall," Comet said. "There's a breach there, a small hole just big enough for a hatchling. Someone must have dug their way in – it's not the biggest breach, but any of the smaller beasts like the Serthis would be able to slip through easily." "Show me," I said. We left Larch to his little ones and went to the wall. I saw the hole, and confirmed my suspicions. "The dirt is dug from the inside," I said. "The wards would not easily let an outsider breach it. Someone from inside went out first, and the others came in after." "But who would do such a thing?" Comet said. My heart suddenly went cold. "Where are the other hatchlings?" I asked, and we both flew back to the tower in great haste. Tulip was inside. Mictlantecuhtli had given her care of a small winged rabbit he had found half-starved outside our gates, and she had spent the whole day playing with it. But Dollie and Giera were nowhere to be found. Muirgel said they were out playing in the courtyard the last she saw them; Gweneira had not seen either of them at all. We have searched the village and the slopes outside the village until after dark. They are gone. We cannot find them. There was only one trace of them in all that time: in a clearing, near a patch of bare scuffed dirt, was a smear of blood and a very small pearl. I brought the pearl back to my room. Sokkot watched me hold it close before I set it down on my desk, next to this journal. "The wolves," they said. "Their range is long. Their teeth are sharp." I did not answer, because I do not wish to think on what must have been. [emoji=peacock feather] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8943dc8281f741582a319f116b63f3c9/tumblr_inline_nl9cnutn5W1qb2yyz.png[/img][/center] [list][*][color=royalblue]daily familiar = tulip (+1 life)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]daily teacher training #1 = muirgel & mictlantecuhtli +1 level[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]muirgel 16[/color] [*][color=royalblue]mictlantecuhtli 20[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]daily teacher training #2 = comet & mictlantecuhtli +1 level[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]mictlantecuhtli 5[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]daily hatchling rolls:[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]giera 4 (dies)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]dollie 4 (dies)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]tulip 1[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]apparel = romance![/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]no breedable dragons[/color] [*][color=royalblue]rolled a 3 = 3 new hatchlings[/color][/list][/list] [color=royalblue]Pinkerton giveth, and Pinkerton taketh away. *immediately slaps a familiar on Tulip to protect her* A really lethal hatchling roll today, and yet another sign that the gods favor Yseult's long-term survival. They killed (...or did they...) the one hatchling that could have posed a threat to him and his reign under my Former Heirs mechanic. And they spared [s]me[/s] Yseult about two days' worth of future wibbling over whether or not to get rid of an innocent dragon. Anyway, @/AngstOnTour has agreed to take Dollie in the event of her untimely demise, so it's off to join her mum in the Crystalline Kingdom! (By the way, Angst has penned [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3130878/7#post_51562047]a lovely letter[/url] from Manik, Yseult's son. Yseult should be getting it any day now! The delivery service isn't the best up in the mountains, whoops.) Out of the six hatchlings that joined before, so far only one has made it to adulthood. One. And four have died. *laughs in pain* Good luck, new and future babies. May the odds be ever in your favor. [b]replies:[/b] @/Petall aaaaa omg! I've been such a big fan of your gorgeous 'locke, it's definitely one of my top 3 favorites! Welcome to this [s]trainwreck[/s] party, and I am so glad you're enjoying it!! Thank you so much for Sage, I will take the best possible care of her forever and ever. *pets* (Oh lol pls don't jinx me, I am counting on Yseult having a long and stable reign. I don't think my heart could take another shake-up. XD I hope your pirates fare a little better now. If you are ever in need of new recruits, I would be happy to send a bab in search of Adventur™!)[/color] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/9#post_51561524]Previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/11#post_51578338]Next[/url][/center]

Yseult's Journal
Day 18

Supplicant Footies

"My name is Sokkot," the Harpy said. "Fala sent me."

Sokkot has recovered enough to talk. Their voice, whether from age or weakness, is faint and rasps like gravel against the dry earth. I had to keep my head close to hear them, which was good for the things Sokkot had to tell me.

"We have eyes," they said, wheezing softly, "in every kingdom. Your old home has – had! – two. As you know."

I nodded. I remembered my previous mate, and how her eyes could look haunted as we hid from the sun in our dark cave. There were other things she was hiding from, though I never pressed her to tell me more. My heart sank at Sokkot's use of the past tense; so she had not survived Cumulus's wrath. Sokkot must have seen the grief in my eyes, for they suddenly coughed out a laugh.

"Do not fear, fledgling," they croaked. "Your mate lives, and your only son. The Amethyst King could not afford to lose even more of his people. No, Ripley retired. Fully, now. She would not even speak to us after you left. We lost a good eye, with her."

Relief filled me, and an old longing. Ripley was a good mate, and a better warrior; I trust that she will raise our son well. I looked at the three eggs in my nest with a sharp pang. They were due to hatch any hour. Only one out of three had survived then. Would my luck be better or worse now?

"They are not the only ones who live," Sokkot continued. "Our other eye sent us a most urgent report. The Throne of Gems has been playing with death magic. Most dangerous of them. Their last success was a Spiral who claims to know you, and your exploits here, very well."

I trembled. "Toxie," I said.

"That is what she called herself." Sokkot smiled at me. "We had not known the details of your success, but it seems you flew higher than we hoped."

"But," I said. My heart shuddered. "Then, Cumulus knows."

"He does," Sokkot said. "He does not seem willing to act, yet. But Fala thought you should know all, just in case. She has faith you will decide well."

"I will not provoke him," I said. "Not while my family lives in his shadow."

"And when they no longer do? What then? You may have no choice if the Spiral calls for a blood price, fledgling."

Comet stuck his head into the room before I could answer. "Milord," he said. He has taken to using the title since Larch explained our mission here. He had started with "Your Majesty"; I told him to stop being ridiculous. "You'd better come down. Larch found something."

I left Sokkot to rest, after helping them drink, and followed Comet. "They look a little better," Comet said as we went down the spiral stairs. "They'll recover, right?"

Sokkot's wings had been shattered. Mictlantecuhtli doubts that they will ever be able to fly again. Their leg was not much better, but at least it would heal in time. Such was the work of the wolves of the Crags, Sokkot had told us. They were a formidable enemy of both dragons and birds, and Sokkot knows they were lucky to escape them with their life. "Yes," I said to Comet. "What did Larch find?"

Comet led me outside to three small hatchlings, curled up on Larch's back much like Somnus and the other foundlings had once been. It had not been so long since then, but I still ached for the brave little Obelisk. These three now slept soundly, despite Larch quivering beneath them from trying not to cough. "He found them by the back wall," Comet said. "There's a breach there, a small hole just big enough for a hatchling. Someone must have dug their way in – it's not the biggest breach, but any of the smaller beasts like the Serthis would be able to slip through easily."

"Show me," I said. We left Larch to his little ones and went to the wall. I saw the hole, and confirmed my suspicions. "The dirt is dug from the inside," I said. "The wards would not easily let an outsider breach it. Someone from inside went out first, and the others came in after."

"But who would do such a thing?" Comet said.

My heart suddenly went cold. "Where are the other hatchlings?" I asked, and we both flew back to the tower in great haste.

Tulip was inside. Mictlantecuhtli had given her care of a small winged rabbit he had found half-starved outside our gates, and she had spent the whole day playing with it. But Dollie and Giera were nowhere to be found. Muirgel said they were out playing in the courtyard the last she saw them; Gweneira had not seen either of them at all.

We have searched the village and the slopes outside the village until after dark. They are gone. We cannot find them. There was only one trace of them in all that time: in a clearing, near a patch of bare scuffed dirt, was a smear of blood and a very small pearl.

I brought the pearl back to my room. Sokkot watched me hold it close before I set it down on my desk, next to this journal. "The wolves," they said. "Their range is long. Their teeth are sharp."

I did not answer, because I do not wish to think on what must have been.

tumblr_inline_nl9cnutn5W1qb2yyz.png

• daily familiar = tulip (+1 life)
  • daily teacher training #1 = muirgel & mictlantecuhtli +1 level
    • muirgel 16
    • mictlantecuhtli 20
  • daily teacher training #2 = comet & mictlantecuhtli +1 level
    • mictlantecuhtli 5
  • daily hatchling rolls:
    • giera 4 (dies)
    • dollie 4 (dies)
    • tulip 1
  • apparel = romance!
    • no breedable dragons
    • rolled a 3 = 3 new hatchlings
Pinkerton giveth, and Pinkerton taketh away. *immediately slaps a familiar on Tulip to protect her*

A really lethal hatchling roll today, and yet another sign that the gods favor Yseult's long-term survival. They killed (...or did they...) the one hatchling that could have posed a threat to him and his reign under my Former Heirs mechanic. And they spared me Yseult about two days' worth of future wibbling over whether or not to get rid of an innocent dragon. Anyway, @/AngstOnTour has agreed to take Dollie in the event of her untimely demise, so it's off to join her mum in the Crystalline Kingdom! (By the way, Angst has penned a lovely letter from Manik, Yseult's son. Yseult should be getting it any day now! The delivery service isn't the best up in the mountains, whoops.)

Out of the six hatchlings that joined before, so far only one has made it to adulthood. One. And four have died. *laughs in pain* Good luck, new and future babies. May the odds be ever in your favor.

replies:
@/Petall aaaaa omg! I've been such a big fan of your gorgeous 'locke, it's definitely one of my top 3 favorites! Welcome to this trainwreck party, and I am so glad you're enjoying it!! Thank you so much for Sage, I will take the best possible care of her forever and ever. *pets* (Oh lol pls don't jinx me, I am counting on Yseult having a long and stable reign. I don't think my heart could take another shake-up. XD I hope your pirates fare a little better now. If you are ever in need of new recruits, I would be happy to send a bab in search of Adventur™!)

@girlofSornieth Oh no, Dollie! Every trace of the original members is slowly disappearing [emoji=nocturne sad size=1] At least Tulip is still safe, for now...
@girlofSornieth

Oh no, Dollie! Every trace of the original members is slowly disappearing At least Tulip is still safe, for now...

_________________________The Goldenscale Lineage
__Henry.png
@girlofSornieth
Oh dear, RIP children. At least Tulip lives.. *Stares at Yseult and Pinkerton*
Also I really like Comet now. The "Your majesty" part really got me. He do be gentleman.
Also as my daily mini-update (Yes I'm calling it that now) I looked at your clan bio, discovered Dragon Cave, and now I don't know what the heck I'm doing but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
@girlofSornieth
Oh dear, RIP children. At least Tulip lives.. *Stares at Yseult and Pinkerton*
Also I really like Comet now. The "Your majesty" part really got me. He do be gentleman.
Also as my daily mini-update (Yes I'm calling it that now) I looked at your clan bio, discovered Dragon Cave, and now I don't know what the heck I'm doing but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
@SerenityGale
ikr?! I may or may not have slapped a familiar on Tulip for protection, ha. (My headcanon is that, since the only evidence of harm is Giera's, Dollie is super fine and out having adventures. Probably making her way to Dragonhome as we speak. ;D)

@Raptondragon
He's a respectful hunter boy! I am fully aware of the irony of this since the Icefield is literally one of the southernmost regions of Sornieth, but for some reason I hear Comet with a light Southern twang. (LMAO DRAGON CAVE I HAVEN'T LOGGED IN FOR YEARS! I hope you're having fun there, it's got some pretty dragons for sure :D)
@SerenityGale
ikr?! I may or may not have slapped a familiar on Tulip for protection, ha. (My headcanon is that, since the only evidence of harm is Giera's, Dollie is super fine and out having adventures. Probably making her way to Dragonhome as we speak. ;D)

@Raptondragon
He's a respectful hunter boy! I am fully aware of the irony of this since the Icefield is literally one of the southernmost regions of Sornieth, but for some reason I hear Comet with a light Southern twang. (LMAO DRAGON CAVE I HAVEN'T LOGGED IN FOR YEARS! I hope you're having fun there, it's got some pretty dragons for sure :D)

@girlofSornieth
(I am actually, just got my third eggo and one of the three has already hatched! Things went by pretty fast after I figured out how hatcheries work)
I also had a hella funny thought that I cant get rid of.
Comet's last words: "Your majesty, I dont feel so good.." *DED*
@girlofSornieth
(I am actually, just got my third eggo and one of the three has already hatched! Things went by pretty fast after I figured out how hatcheries work)
I also had a hella funny thought that I cant get rid of.
Comet's last words: "Your majesty, I dont feel so good.." *DED*
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18