Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Wavecrest] Flotsam Town Boat Race
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36 37
“Well done, Team Amber. Or should I say Team Aquamarine.” Xinxian laughs loudly, because they’re aquatic! The Fathomsearch Ambassador sighs, reaching for a new roll of parchment, and tunes out Xin’s voice in order to focus. Looks like the dragon is starting to feel comfortable with the rowing and is now able to multitask. Talking, and in some cases singing, to his team. He hopes these dragons enjoy dad jokes and being serenaded. [center][size=5][b]Heat B - Team Amber Round 3/7[/b][/size] Ahoy diligent teammates, we are tied for 5th place with 41 spaces! (which isn't as bad as it sounds, just 9 spaces away from 1st place!) Round 2 Totals: 19 Round 3 Dice Rolls: 17 @/Nevercanth @/Jeevas @/Salixian @/Magmish They ask you how you are, and you just have to say you're fine. [b]21:00 / 9:00 PM FRT - Deadline for voting[/b] If you all agree on an ability, then only one person needs to fill out the form and vote.[/center] [LIST] [*]Heat B - Luxury Arcade [*]Team A (Apricot/Amber/Agate) [emoji=amber mosquito size=1] [*]Order in Google Form, not the same as order of resolution[LIST] [*]Dragon [b]#1 Xinxian the Imperial:[/b] Mighty Flight SUPPORT (can only use if we're in 4th, 5th or last race standings) Yes, but there appears to be a snag, because we did too well with our rowing/dice rolls, getting a 17. However, there's a chance this could still earn us some points? See below for my rambles. (In the mean time, "get back to rowing Xin!") [*]Dragon [b]#2 Scallop the Wildclaw:[/b] Long Strike ATTACK (This ability Affects the other team.) Can affect three teams in front of us, we have four teams in front, we could cause some big damage. But could be neutralized by Protect. Also shout-out to Scallop for your help on the first day!! [*]Dragon [b]#3 Ursula the Tundra:[/b] Smells Familiar SUPPORT (Wa ahead or equal, based on race standings) Yes, can gain 10 spaces. Shout-out to Ursula for your help the other day!! [*][s]Dragon [b]#4 Handel the Coatl:[/b] Quetzal Flight SUPPORT (Wa behind or equal, based on race standings)[/s] No, can't use today sadly, but shout-out to Handel for being a great teammate and listener. Your support is appreciated!! [*]Protect: [b]This ability can only be used once[/b] there are still [b]4 Rounds to go[/b] [/LIST][/LIST] Our abilities in order of resolution: [center][size=4][b]One Time Protection - DEFENSE[/b][/size][/center] [b]Protect[/b] - One other team's ability that would Affect this team is neutralized. The effects of the ability do not take place. Tip: Best used early in the race, especially if we’re in first and there are many dragons with ATTACK abilities. Every team except Team F has at least one ATTACK dragon (no Veilspun/Ridgeback/Wildclaw/Bogsneak to worry about here).[LIST] [*]Skydancer (Team C/E): switches their Round Totals with the team that has the highest Round Total this round - C has 16 (1 point difference) - don't worry about it? E has 14 (3 point difference) - wouldn't worry about it b/c they might go with something else. [*]Spiral (Team B/C/D): first place team loses 8 spaces unless that is this dragon's team, in which case the second place team loses 6 spaces. - this is why being in 1st and 2nd place is scary, doesn't apply to us. [*]Gaoler (Team C): steal one space from each team behind this one and add the spaces to the team's current Round Total. - they're tied with us, so I don't think anything will happen? [/LIST] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76975388][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/769754/76975388.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #2 Wildclaw - ATTACK [/b][/size][/url] (This ability Affects the other team)[/center] [b]Long Strike[/b] - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 2 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 4 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 8 spaces. [quote name="dreamclaws" date="2022-04-26 08:09:37" ] @Magmish If Team Amber uses the Wildclaw ability, Long Strike, the previous race standings are used in the event of a tie. So Team Emerald would lose 2 spaces, team Diadem would lose 4 spaces, and team Bells would lose 8 spaces. If team Diadem uses Protect, then they don't lose 4 spaces, but everything else happens. Protect doesn't make attacks "skip" teams. [/quote] 1st - 50 spaces (I think they're too far to be reached even if another team protects, just want to confirm that? @/dreamclaws also say Team D uses Protect, would Team B lose 4 or 8 spaces then?) @Nevercanth @Jeevas @Salixian @Magmish Updated this section: 2nd - 46 spaces: Team B (could lose 8 or be protected) 3rd - 45 spaces: Team D* (could lose 4 or be protected) 4th - 45 spaces: Team E (could lose 2 or be protected) 5th** - We are here: 41 spaces [quote]If two teams have the same race total, the team that was previously ahead is considered to be ahead.[/quote] *In the Round 1 Results/Start of Round 2, Team D was ahead of Team E. **In the Round 1 Results/Start of Round 2, Team A was ahead of Team C. [center]3/5 Teams in our Heat have a Water Dragon (Team B, D, F) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9377076][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/93771/9377076.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #4 Coatl - SUPPORT[/b][/size][/url] [/center] [b]Quetzal Flight[/b]- If any dragon on any team behind or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 6 spaces. Any Water dragons behind or equal to us? No, Team Coral doesn't have any Water dragons. Clever, clever! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35448470][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/354485/35448470.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #3 Tundra - SUPPORT[/b][/size][/url] [/center] [b]Smells Familiar[/b] - If any dragon on any team ahead or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 10 spaces. Any Water dragons ahead or equal to us? Yes, Team B/D/F [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73309885][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/733099/73309885.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #1 Imperial - SUPPORT[/b][/size][/url][/center] [b]Mighty Flight [/b]- If this team is in the last half of teams in the race standings, it uses the same Round Total as the team with the highest Round Total for this round instead of whatever it had. [s]Turn our 17 to....17...wow.[/s] [b]Tip:[/b] Because this ability goes last, it can be incredibly powerful in the right situation. If all the other abilities helped another team get a very high Round Total, you can benefit too. Sooooo if there's a team that uses the right ability and doesn't get attacked, they could end up with a even higher Round Total (over 17?), and then we can copy their totals?? But it's waaay too late for me to even process this information. I don't know if this ability is a good idea to use, since we don't know how many spaces we'll get. We could even end up earning zero extra spaces.... [center][size=5][b]T.L.D.R.[/b][/size][/center] It's a tough one: we could focus on improving our team, gaining spaces. Or trying to knock some teams down the standings with attacking. Free feel to chat amongst yourselves on what would works best. Basically our options are to: [LIST] [*]Attack with Dragon #2 - causing three teams to lose spaces, but could be neutralized by their use of Protect. [*]Support to gain 10 spaces with Dragon #3 [*]Protect (keep in mind that is only works once and we still got ways to go). Also looking at the attacks we could expect, I don't think they'll cause any big damages towards us. [*]Not confident in this one at all, Support with Dragon #1... I don't know. It's totally possible we could end up with 17 again, instead of something higher. [s]I'm typing this past 2:30 AM so my brain isn't really focused at the moment[/s], but it seems attack or +10 space would make a bigger difference than protect and the Imperial ability.. [center]Don't stress too much with the decision, feel free to discuss and suggest an ability we should use. Cheers, and apologies if there are any errors/misunderstandings.[/center]
“Well done, Team Amber. Or should I say Team Aquamarine.” Xinxian laughs loudly, because they’re aquatic!

The Fathomsearch Ambassador sighs, reaching for a new roll of parchment, and tunes out Xin’s voice in order to focus.

Looks like the dragon is starting to feel comfortable with the rowing and is now able to multitask. Talking, and in some cases singing, to his team. He hopes these dragons enjoy dad jokes and being serenaded.
Heat B - Team Amber Round 3/7
Ahoy diligent teammates, we are tied for 5th place with 41 spaces!
(which isn't as bad as it sounds, just 9 spaces away from 1st place!)
Round 2 Totals: 19
Round 3 Dice Rolls: 17
@/Nevercanth @/Jeevas @/Salixian @/Magmish
They ask you how you are, and you just have to say you're fine.

21:00 / 9:00 PM FRT - Deadline for voting
If you all agree on an ability, then only one person needs to fill out the form and vote.
  • Heat B - Luxury Arcade
  • Team A (Apricot/Amber/Agate)
  • Order in Google Form, not the same as order of resolution
    • Dragon #1 Xinxian the Imperial: Mighty Flight
      SUPPORT (can only use if we're in 4th, 5th or last race standings) Yes, but there appears to be a snag, because we did too well with our rowing/dice rolls, getting a 17. However, there's a chance this could still earn us some points? See below for my rambles. (In the mean time, "get back to rowing Xin!")
    • Dragon #2 Scallop the Wildclaw: Long Strike
      ATTACK (This ability Affects the other team.) Can affect three teams in front of us, we have four teams in front, we could cause some big damage. But could be neutralized by Protect.
      Also shout-out to Scallop for your help on the first day!!
    • Dragon #3 Ursula the Tundra: Smells Familiar
      SUPPORT (Wa ahead or equal, based on race standings) Yes, can gain 10 spaces.
      Shout-out to Ursula for your help the other day!!
    • Dragon #4 Handel the Coatl: Quetzal Flight
      SUPPORT (Wa behind or equal, based on race standings)
      No, can't use today sadly, but shout-out to Handel for being a great teammate and listener.
      Your support is appreciated!!
    • Protect: This ability can only be used once
      there are still 4 Rounds to go
Our abilities in order of resolution:
One Time Protection - DEFENSE
Protect - One other team's ability that would Affect this team is neutralized. The effects of the ability do not take place.
Tip: Best used early in the race, especially if we’re in first and there are many dragons with ATTACK abilities.

Every team except Team F has at least one ATTACK dragon (no Veilspun/Ridgeback/Wildclaw/Bogsneak to worry about here).
  • Skydancer (Team C/E): switches their Round Totals with the team that has the highest Round Total this round -
    C has 16 (1 point difference) - don't worry about it?
    E has 14 (3 point difference) - wouldn't worry about it b/c they might go with something else.
  • Spiral (Team B/C/D): first place team loses 8 spaces unless that is this dragon's team, in which case the second place team loses 6 spaces. - this is why being in 1st and 2nd place is scary, doesn't apply to us.
  • Gaoler (Team C): steal one space from each team behind this one and add the spaces to the team's current Round Total. - they're tied with us, so I don't think anything will happen?
76975388.png
Dragon #2 Wildclaw - ATTACK

(This ability Affects the other team)
Long Strike - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 2 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 4 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 8 spaces.
dreamclaws wrote on 2022-04-26 08:09:37:
@Magmish If Team Amber uses the Wildclaw ability, Long Strike, the previous race standings are used in the event of a tie. So Team Emerald would lose 2 spaces, team Diadem would lose 4 spaces, and team Bells would lose 8 spaces.

If team Diadem uses Protect, then they don't lose 4 spaces, but everything else happens. Protect doesn't make attacks "skip" teams.
1st - 50 spaces (I think they're too far to be reached even if another team protects, just want to confirm that? @/dreamclaws also say Team D uses Protect, would Team B lose 4 or 8 spaces then?)

@Nevercanth @Jeevas @Salixian @Magmish Updated this section:
2nd - 46 spaces: Team B (could lose 8 or be protected)
3rd - 45 spaces: Team D* (could lose 4 or be protected)
4th - 45 spaces: Team E (could lose 2 or be protected)
5th** - We are here: 41 spaces
Quote:
If two teams have the same race total, the team that was previously ahead is considered to be ahead.

*In the Round 1 Results/Start of Round 2, Team D was ahead of Team E.
**In the Round 1 Results/Start of Round 2, Team A was ahead of Team C.
3/5 Teams in our Heat have a Water Dragon (Team B, D, F)

9377076.png
Dragon #4 Coatl - SUPPORT
Quetzal Flight- If any dragon on any team behind or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 6 spaces.

Any Water dragons behind or equal to us? No, Team Coral doesn't have any Water dragons. Clever, clever!
Smells Familiar - If any dragon on any team ahead or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 10 spaces.

Any Water dragons ahead or equal to us? Yes, Team B/D/F
Mighty Flight - If this team is in the last half of teams in the race standings, it uses the same Round Total as the team with the highest Round Total for this round instead of whatever it had.
Turn our 17 to....17...wow.

Tip: Because this ability goes last, it can be incredibly powerful in the right situation. If all the other abilities helped another team get a very high Round Total, you can benefit too.

Sooooo if there's a team that uses the right ability and doesn't get attacked, they could end up with a even higher Round Total (over 17?), and then we can copy their totals?? But it's waaay too late for me to even process this information. I don't know if this ability is a good idea to use, since we don't know how many spaces we'll get. We could even end up earning zero extra spaces....
T.L.D.R.

It's a tough one: we could focus on improving our team, gaining spaces.
Or trying to knock some teams down the standings with attacking. Free feel to chat amongst yourselves on what would works best.

Basically our options are to:
  • Attack with Dragon #2 - causing three teams to lose spaces, but could be neutralized by their use of Protect.
  • Support to gain 10 spaces with Dragon #3
  • Protect (keep in mind that is only works once and we still got ways to go).
    Also looking at the attacks we could expect, I don't think they'll cause any big damages towards us.
  • Not confident in this one at all, Support with Dragon #1... I don't know. It's totally possible we could end up with 17 again, instead of something higher.

I'm typing this past 2:30 AM so my brain isn't really focused at the moment, but it seems attack or +10 space would make a bigger difference than protect and the Imperial ability..
    Don't stress too much with the decision,
    feel free to discuss and suggest an ability we should use.
    Cheers, and apologies if there are any errors/misunderstandings.
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
@dreamclaws

My heat certainly loves ties doesn't it? I do wonder how the ties work in terms of abilities tho. Are we considered to be in the same place as Berry and Fennel and can't be hit by their attacks? If someone used a Spiral would it hit Chili or Eggplant? I'm just a bit confused on who's considered in what place. Thanks for your help! :D
@dreamclaws

My heat certainly loves ties doesn't it? I do wonder how the ties work in terms of abilities tho. Are we considered to be in the same place as Berry and Fennel and can't be hit by their attacks? If someone used a Spiral would it hit Chili or Eggplant? I'm just a bit confused on who's considered in what place. Thanks for your help! :D
Vf4NNzN.pngoqvVn94.pngC7mO9Uf.pngJQaR6Pn.pngaFx6p75.pngWg5Qa7r.pngBggloVp.pngDknvbG3.png
@DelightedVilla For the purposes of abilities, the team that was previously in first is considered to be in first in the event of a tie. So Eggplant would be hit by a Spiral's attack.

If team Dill, for example, used the Wildclaw ability, teams Apricot and Berry would lose 2 spaces, and team Fennel would lose 4 spaces. But no one would lose 8 spaces because the ability already affected three teams.

If this situation happens in the first round, the "previous" standings are just the letters A-F in order.

This is something I'm thinking about changing for the next iteration of the race, but we'll see how it plays out.
@DelightedVilla For the purposes of abilities, the team that was previously in first is considered to be in first in the event of a tie. So Eggplant would be hit by a Spiral's attack.

If team Dill, for example, used the Wildclaw ability, teams Apricot and Berry would lose 2 spaces, and team Fennel would lose 4 spaces. But no one would lose 8 spaces because the ability already affected three teams.

If this situation happens in the first round, the "previous" standings are just the letters A-F in order.

This is something I'm thinking about changing for the next iteration of the race, but we'll see how it plays out.
Na5WGHa.png
@Magmish If Team Amber uses the Wildclaw ability, Long Strike, the previous race standings are used in the event of a tie. So Team Emerald would lose 2 spaces, team Diadem would lose 4 spaces, and team Bells would lose 8 spaces.

If team Diadem uses Protect, then they don't lose 4 spaces, but everything else happens. Protect doesn't make attacks "skip" teams.

Na5WGHa.png
[center][b]Team Emerald[/b] ((We've been discussing via discord and I have volunteered to write us up a RP post to keep things fun!)) [b]Rhapsody[/b] was just vibing, supporting her team and motivating them with a promise of soup! :D "Soup! Soup! Soup!" They cheered happily as the team raced along. [i]We're just soup! In a boat bowl! Floating across soup!"[/i] [b]Hope[/b] was having a great time, one head gazing deep into the water, the other smiling the day away. He was paying attention, of course, for anything. [b]Icy[/b] was thrilled to have a break from the Mire. All those days training fodder... now she had an Icy vacation! "Let's go, Team Emerald! Onwards! In the S.S. Indy!" [b]Marigold[/b] was enthusiastically helping the others paddle. They were enjoying this very... very much! It was their first boat race and they would do it again, even if it wasn't over yet. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TUFWMbf.png[/img] scribble courtesy of AlphaSnowdust
Team Emerald
((We've been discussing via discord and I have volunteered to write us up a RP post to keep things fun!))

Rhapsody was just vibing, supporting her team and motivating them with a promise of soup! :D
"Soup! Soup! Soup!" They cheered happily as the team raced along.
We're just soup! In a boat bowl! Floating across soup!"

Hope was having a great time, one head gazing deep into the water, the other smiling the day away. He was paying attention, of course, for anything.

Icy was thrilled to have a break from the Mire. All those days training fodder... now she had an Icy vacation! "Let's go, Team Emerald! Onwards! In the S.S. Indy!"

Marigold was enthusiastically helping the others paddle. They were enjoying this very... very much! It was their first boat race and they would do it again, even if it wasn't over yet.

TUFWMbf.png
scribble courtesy of AlphaSnowdust
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
ice dom team & hh curator
[Center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=77119843][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/771199/77119843.png[/img][/url][/center] Kousa watched as [i]wait that wasnt the Tidelord, right[/i]- regardless, Kousa watched as his guardian teammate spurred the waters around them faster, excitement rising in his body, his wings fluttering excitedly. Kousa tried to paddle along, though it took him a moment to realize- "oh, right, I should wait for the spell to end!" In his excitable state he had already messed up a few times- first it was dropping his paddle at the start of the race, then his wings had flaired open at the wrong time and caught a bit of countercurrent but now he was getting the hang of things... [i]right?[/i] Even if his little arms did better gripping the paddle than helping to move, Kousa wanted to at least keep his team going forwards!
77119843.png

Kousa watched as wait that wasnt the Tidelord, right- regardless, Kousa watched as his guardian teammate spurred the waters around them faster, excitement rising in his body, his wings fluttering excitedly. Kousa tried to paddle along, though it took him a moment to realize- "oh, right, I should wait for the spell to end!" In his excitable state he had already messed up a few times- first it was dropping his paddle at the start of the race, then his wings had flaired open at the wrong time and caught a bit of countercurrent but now he was getting the hang of things... right?
Even if his little arms did better gripping the paddle than helping to move, Kousa wanted to at least keep his team going forwards!
IF HubOOF Hub
@dreamclaws Could you explain what would happen if Team Fennel used the Snapper or Wildclaw abilities, since there are so many ties so far?
@dreamclaws Could you explain what would happen if Team Fennel used the Snapper or Wildclaw abilities, since there are so many ties so far?
Qc5WgXd.png
@liljewelthief When there is a tie and an ability refers to race standings, default to the previous race standings. The team that was ahead previously is considered to be ahead now.

The Snapper ability cannot work because of all the ties.

If you used the Wildclaw ability, Team C would lose 2 spaces and Team E would lose 4 spaces.
@liljewelthief When there is a tie and an ability refers to race standings, default to the previous race standings. The team that was ahead previously is considered to be ahead now.

The Snapper ability cannot work because of all the ties.

If you used the Wildclaw ability, Team C would lose 2 spaces and Team E would lose 4 spaces.
Na5WGHa.png
@Ajgreelyfan3 @Festivoog @PasssionFish

Hey team! Nice effort Chubtoria, at least we're joint last and within 2 spaces of (joint) first place. Given today's rolls I think we should use Spark's Mirror ability of Pack Pride, which should bump us up to having 4 6s! That should put us in a stronger position, hopefully? (Though as previous rounds have proved ... anything can happen!!)
@Ajgreelyfan3 @Festivoog @PasssionFish

Hey team! Nice effort Chubtoria, at least we're joint last and within 2 spaces of (joint) first place. Given today's rolls I think we should use Spark's Mirror ability of Pack Pride, which should bump us up to having 4 6s! That should put us in a stronger position, hopefully? (Though as previous rounds have proved ... anything can happen!!)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Ajgreelyfan3 @fistivoog @Lundlaeva Yes I think pack pride would be A good choice here, tell me what u think!
@Ajgreelyfan3 @fistivoog @Lundlaeva Yes I think pack pride would be A good choice here, tell me what u think!
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36 37