Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [K] Rosethorn Valley - Complete!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [size=2][i]I finally have my computer back! No more struggling with posts on mobile!!![/i][/size] [center][size=4][u][b]Day 7[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] [quote][b]Dailies[/b] [b]Hatchling survival rolls:[/b] 5, 5, 4, 2, 3, 6, 3 [i]No one was lost, holy cannoli[/i] [item=woolly walrus] Familiar, new dragon Breed roll=3, Mirror[/quote] Kadere was playing the lookout this morning (something the hatchlings hadn't realized anyone could even do) from the highest vantage of the half built and battle scarred castle. A dark looping figure twined about stone, sparkling where the morning light caught the crystal scales of his hide. The original settlers had chosen a good location for their keep. They were on the top of a rise that was high enough to reveal the lands approaching the castle on all sides. It was very easy for Kadere to see the purple figure of a mirror dragon approaching from the beaten path that was slowly become a true road. He let out a trumpeting warning call when the figure neared. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74993943][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/749940/74993943_350.png[/img][/url] The mirror froze in place at the sound and started looking wildly around. When Kadere flared his wings, the mirror couldn't help but see him. She waved at him hesitantly. "Afton," Kadere rumbled down to his companion, "we have a visitor. Go." Afton rolled her eyes. Kadere was a dragon of few words and they usually came out as orders. Whatever. At least he would stay on watch up there while she fended off this stranger. Afton felt like she could probably count on him to swoop in if it turned out to be an ambush. [i]Probably.[/i] Afton ambled out beyond the gates. "H-hello!" The other mirror called in a high, thin voice, "I'm, I'm sorry to intrude-" "Whatcha want, sis?" Afton asked dryly. This seemed to take the other dragon aback. She looked down at the ground studiously and tucked her wings tight against her body. She was the picture of nerves. Afton thought she might simply bolt back down the road rather than respond. "Uhm, I, well," she stammered, "I heard there was a new castle here? and uh, uhm, I, well- I wondered if you might need an, an extra body to help out? I can do whatever n-needs doing?" Afton narrowed her eyes. She looked at the other dragon with a critical eye. This was no outlaw or troublemaker, certainly not like the Bandit Queen, Kadere or herself. The newcomer looked thin and haggard. She looked like a dragon that had been trying to rough it alone and discovered that she couldn't do it. Somebody... desperate. Afton did love a desperate customer. "W-eeeell..." Afton pretended to think, "I suppose we could use some help drudging here... You can see the place isn't finished and apparently there was a whole [i]thing[/i] with plant creatures running about the place and leaving dust on EVERYTHING. How do you feel about sweeping?" The other dragon was nodding vigorously. She looked painfully hopeful. "Of course... I'm not the one who you need to impress. If you want a spot here, you need to show your worth to Queen Nagrub. What's your name, sis?" "Q-queen?" The stranger breathed in awe. She caught Afton's question after a moment of wide eyed staring at the castle beyond. "Farnah, please, my name is Farnah" "Well Farnah, let's see what the Queen thinks of you..." [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote][item=Advisor Overcoat] Apparel, Breed two dragons WHAT? I actually have two RTB dragons?! I never thought we'd see the day![/quote] "I would not have let a stranger hurt you." Afton looked up to see Kadere standing in the shadows nearby. How he could be so darn sneaky, she had no idea. "Oh, sure." Afton replied breezily. "And it turns out the newbie is harmless anyways, so we didn't have to put you to the test-" The mirror stopped talking as Kadere stepped forward and lowered his head to meet her eyes. "We are together. In this." He said seriously. "You are... good with words. With talking to others." He paused, searching for the right thing to say. In the end, he grinned, showing off his fearsome, gleaming set of fangs. "I am fast. Good with fighting." Afton stared at him, momentarily at a loss for what to say. It had been a long time since anyone had thought she was worth protecting. She felt warmth blossom in her chest and an unexpected flutter in her belly. "I would not have let a stranger hurt you." Kadere repeated. "We are... a team." "A... team?" Afton repeated. Her face crinkled into a matching grin for Kadere. His eyes sparkled with happy surprise. "Okay big guy, I like the sound of that." [i] Afton and Kadere lay a nest of three![/i] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Desert Cactus] Food, plants 10-20 battles The first time I actually roll to see who makes up the coli party! Today is FULL of firsts!!![/quote] Afton and Kadere take Farnah out for a little jaunt around the castle lands and try to toughen her up at least a little. [i]Farnah is now level 3![/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote][item=Gold Lustre Vase] Material/trinket, roll d12 Roll=11, I QUIT! [i]Afton says NO MORE to a life of sales![/i] Job roll=9, Matchmaker[/quote] Snuggled up with Kadere, Afton wonders if there isn't some merit to this whole 'romance' and 'raising families' thing she's heard about so much before. Maybe she should stop fencing riches and helping the rest of Rosethorn Valley find love and loyalty instead? Isn't that an even rarer treasure? Dragons would pay handsomely for such a prize.... [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Rosaline Gulper] Food, seafood 30-40 battles This time we pulled Nagrub, Kadere and Farnah for some combat! [/quote] "Well then," The imposing queen said to Farnah, "Let's see what you can do!" Farnah had not expected that putting herself up for sweeping out and washing up at the castle would lead to such rigorous combat training, and yet, here she was. Violence was something she had done her best to avoid as much as possible. She knew that she wasn't terribly strong, or fast, or even very wise. When she traveled alone she was a target. And yet, Queen Nagrub had an air to her that Farnah found... hard to describe. It was easy to get swept up in what she said or wanted done. So when Farnah was told she needed to have rudimentary fighting skills and that they would train her, somehow she went along with it. With someone to show you how, it wasn't as hard as she'd imagined. By day's end, Farnah had the basics memorized. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so confident in her own hide. Maybe it was misplaced confidence? All the same, when the trio approached the castle on its picturesque rise, Farnah found herself saying "I, uhm, I actually know a bit about buildings. H-how they go together?" Kadere and Queen Nagrub both looked at her as if she had sprouted an extra head. "I c-could maybe... help?" She gestured at the half finished structure before them. "The ones who started building this place died." Queen Nagrub told her bluntly, "and I certainly haven't found anyone yet who knows how to finish it..." She hummed a little in thought before flashing a sharp toothed grin at Farnah. "Show me what you're thinking!" [i]Bandit Queen Nagrub is level 6 Kadere is level 6 Farnah is level 5 Farnah has rolled for a job and gotten [b]Architect[/b]![/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [/center]
@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi
I finally have my computer back! No more struggling with posts on mobile!!!

Day 7
9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png
Quote:
Dailies
Hatchling survival rolls:
5, 5, 4, 2, 3, 6, 3
No one was lost, holy cannoli

Woolly Walrus
Familiar, new dragon
Breed roll=3, Mirror

Kadere was playing the lookout this morning (something the hatchlings hadn't realized anyone could even do) from the highest vantage of the half built and battle scarred castle. A dark looping figure twined about stone, sparkling where the morning light caught the crystal scales of his hide.

The original settlers had chosen a good location for their keep. They were on the top of a rise that was high enough to reveal the lands approaching the castle on all sides. It was very easy for Kadere to see the purple figure of a mirror dragon approaching from the beaten path that was slowly become a true road. He let out a trumpeting warning call when the figure neared.

74993943_350.png

The mirror froze in place at the sound and started looking wildly around. When Kadere flared his wings, the mirror couldn't help but see him. She waved at him hesitantly.

"Afton," Kadere rumbled down to his companion, "we have a visitor. Go."

Afton rolled her eyes. Kadere was a dragon of few words and they usually came out as orders. Whatever. At least he would stay on watch up there while she fended off this stranger. Afton felt like she could probably count on him to swoop in if it turned out to be an ambush.

Probably.

Afton ambled out beyond the gates.

"H-hello!" The other mirror called in a high, thin voice, "I'm, I'm sorry to intrude-"

"Whatcha want, sis?" Afton asked dryly.

This seemed to take the other dragon aback. She looked down at the ground studiously and tucked her wings tight against her body. She was the picture of nerves. Afton thought she might simply bolt back down the road rather than respond.

"Uhm, I, well," she stammered, "I heard there was a new castle here? and uh, uhm, I, well- I wondered if you might need an, an extra body to help out? I can do whatever n-needs doing?"

Afton narrowed her eyes. She looked at the other dragon with a critical eye. This was no outlaw or troublemaker, certainly not like the Bandit Queen, Kadere or herself. The newcomer looked thin and haggard. She looked like a dragon that had been trying to rough it alone and discovered that she couldn't do it. Somebody... desperate.

Afton did love a desperate customer.

"W-eeeell..." Afton pretended to think, "I suppose we could use some help drudging here... You can see the place isn't finished and apparently there was a whole thing with plant creatures running about the place and leaving dust on EVERYTHING. How do you feel about sweeping?"

The other dragon was nodding vigorously. She looked painfully hopeful.

"Of course... I'm not the one who you need to impress. If you want a spot here, you need to show your worth to Queen Nagrub. What's your name, sis?"

"Q-queen?" The stranger breathed in awe. She caught Afton's question after a moment of wide eyed staring at the castle beyond. "Farnah, please, my name is Farnah"

"Well Farnah, let's see what the Queen thinks of you..."

8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png
Quote:
Advisor Overcoat
Apparel, Breed two dragons

WHAT? I actually have two RTB dragons?! I never thought we'd see the day!

"I would not have let a stranger hurt you."

Afton looked up to see Kadere standing in the shadows nearby. How he could be so darn sneaky, she had no idea.

"Oh, sure." Afton replied breezily. "And it turns out the newbie is harmless anyways, so we didn't have to put you to the test-"

The mirror stopped talking as Kadere stepped forward and lowered his head to meet her eyes.

"We are together. In this." He said seriously. "You are... good with words. With talking to others." He paused, searching for the right thing to say. In the end, he grinned, showing off his fearsome, gleaming set of fangs. "I am fast. Good with fighting."

Afton stared at him, momentarily at a loss for what to say. It had been a long time since anyone had thought she was worth protecting. She felt warmth blossom in her chest and an unexpected flutter in her belly.

"I would not have let a stranger hurt you." Kadere repeated. "We are... a team."

"A... team?" Afton repeated. Her face crinkled into a matching grin for Kadere. His eyes sparkled with happy surprise. "Okay big guy, I like the sound of that."

Afton and Kadere lay a nest of three!

3healthy_0dead.png

Quote:
Desert Cactus
Food, plants
10-20 battles

The first time I actually roll to see who makes up the coli party! Today is FULL of firsts!!!

Afton and Kadere take Farnah out for a little jaunt around the castle lands and try to toughen her up at least a little.

Farnah is now level 3!

Quote:
Gold Lustre Vase
Material/trinket, roll d12
Roll=11, I QUIT!

Afton says NO MORE to a life of sales!

Job roll=9, Matchmaker

Snuggled up with Kadere, Afton wonders if there isn't some merit to this whole 'romance' and 'raising families' thing she's heard about so much before. Maybe she should stop fencing riches and helping the rest of Rosethorn Valley find love and loyalty instead?

Isn't that an even rarer treasure? Dragons would pay handsomely for such a prize....

Quote:
Rosaline Gulper
Food, seafood
30-40 battles

This time we pulled Nagrub, Kadere and Farnah for some combat!

"Well then," The imposing queen said to Farnah, "Let's see what you can do!"

Farnah had not expected that putting herself up for sweeping out and washing up at the castle would lead to such rigorous combat training, and yet, here she was. Violence was something she had done her best to avoid as much as possible. She knew that she wasn't terribly strong, or fast, or even very wise. When she traveled alone she was a target.

And yet, Queen Nagrub had an air to her that Farnah found... hard to describe. It was easy to get swept up in what she said or wanted done. So when Farnah was told she needed to have rudimentary fighting skills and that they would train her, somehow she went along with it. With someone to show you how, it wasn't as hard as she'd imagined. By day's end, Farnah had the basics memorized. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so confident in her own hide.

Maybe it was misplaced confidence? All the same, when the trio approached the castle on its picturesque rise, Farnah found herself saying "I, uhm, I actually know a bit about buildings. H-how they go together?"

Kadere and Queen Nagrub both looked at her as if she had sprouted an extra head.

"I c-could maybe... help?" She gestured at the half finished structure before them.

"The ones who started building this place died." Queen Nagrub told her bluntly, "and I certainly haven't found anyone yet who knows how to finish it..." She hummed a little in thought before flashing a sharp toothed grin at Farnah.

"Show me what you're thinking!"

Bandit Queen Nagrub is level 6
Kadere is level 6
Farnah is level 5

Farnah has rolled for a job and gotten Architect!

@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [size=2][i]we have ART and we have LORE and we have FOUR employed dragons?! I am waiting for RNG to take everything away. Not waiting, more like running directly at-[/i][/size] [center][size=4][u][b]Day 7 continued[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] [quote] [item=Moth-eaten Mith Doll] Material, roll d12 Roll=9, Backstabbing [i]AYUP HERE IT COMES[/i][/quote] It was an accident. Farnah kept repeating that, and Afton was like to believe her. The new mirror dragon was clearly a sheltered thing with no taste for trickery. Afton didn't think she was capable of planning something like this out and making it look like an accident, even if she had wanted to. It would have been painfully obvious. All the same, little Melchiah lay crushed under the fallen beam. "No hatchlings in work space." Kadere rumbled angrily at the remaining youths, "You get hurt. You die." They cowered together. The other little fae, Levant, had gone mute with horror at his sister's sudden demise. One moment they had been thundering through the halls, and the next- Afton bit her tongue. She could point out that they [i]had[/i] ordered the hatchlings to run laps around the castle rooms to build up their stamina... but what good would that do? Bandit Queen Nagrub stood before them all and looked at the gory mess with an impatient expression. "Enough waterworks." She snapped at Farnah, who was still gibbering and had tears leaking out of her eight eyes. "Like you said, it was an accident. Now get her out of here and into the ground." [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Echo Eater Spikescarf] Apparel, breed two dragons womp womp nobody is RTB! Turn skip[/quote] [quote] [item=Iron Nugget] Material, roll d12 Roll=8, THE PLAGUE [b]Plague Rolls:[/b] Nagrub=12 Afton=1 [i]NOOOOOO[/i] Kadere=8 Farnah=7 Karale=9 Memyo=9 Siani=6 Glynn=8 Elise=2 Levant=11 [i]DOESN'T MATTER CUZ DEATHBOND NOOOOO[/i] BUT HEY AT LEAST WE GOT BONUS d12 Crim Roll: Word that Bandit Queen Nagrub has a new lair she’s operating out of attracts another ne’er do well dragon to the fold! [i]gently sobbing[/i] [/quote] Afton, closely followed by Levant, dealt with the burial of Melchiah. They must have unearthed something during the digging, because not long after the young fae had been buried, Afton became unexpectedly weak. Kadere tended to her as best he could, thinking it was exertion from the sad labor that had taken place. It was not. Weakness spread throughout the castle like wildfire, rendering every dragon and hatchling exhausted and sprawling, save Nagrub. They crumpled where they were: half in rooms, up on the watch tower, midway through the courtyard. The bandit queen looked over her decimated populace with horror and dismay and no little irritation. By the time the moon rose high in the darkness, Afton and Levant had both stopped breathing. Elise struggled to keep her lungs moving under the deep stillness and weakness she felt. Her wheezing breath echoed through the halls but did not cease. Nagrub had a few trinkets and special things that were more than they seemed at first glance. One of them she withdrew now. It was a black shell painted with squiggles of color. She smashed it on the ground and dark purple smoke rose up in hypnotic plumes. "Hiram," Nagrub said into the smoke, "I'm calling in that favor." In a dark place in an entirely different part of the world, a dragon turned toward the sound of something breaking. He saw the smoke and heard Nagrub's voice through it. "In trouble already?" He asked, "Awright, where are you? Be there as soon as I can." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70786372][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/707864/70786372_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [/center]
we have ART and we have LORE and we have FOUR employed dragons?! I am waiting for RNG to take everything away. Not waiting, more like running directly at-

Day 7 continued
Quote:
Moth-eaten Mith Doll
Material, roll d12
Roll=9, Backstabbing

AYUP HERE IT COMES

It was an accident.

Farnah kept repeating that, and Afton was like to believe her. The new mirror dragon was clearly a sheltered thing with no taste for trickery. Afton didn't think she was capable of planning something like this out and making it look like an accident, even if she had wanted to. It would have been painfully obvious.

All the same, little Melchiah lay crushed under the fallen beam.

"No hatchlings in work space." Kadere rumbled angrily at the remaining youths, "You get hurt. You die."

They cowered together. The other little fae, Levant, had gone mute with horror at his sister's sudden demise. One moment they had been thundering through the halls, and the next-

Afton bit her tongue. She could point out that they had ordered the hatchlings to run laps around the castle rooms to build up their stamina... but what good would that do?

Bandit Queen Nagrub stood before them all and looked at the gory mess with an impatient expression.

"Enough waterworks." She snapped at Farnah, who was still gibbering and had tears leaking out of her eight eyes. "Like you said, it was an accident. Now get her out of here and into the ground."

Quote:
Echo Eater Spikescarf
Apparel, breed two dragons

womp womp nobody is RTB!
Turn skip
Quote:
Iron Nugget
Material, roll d12
Roll=8, THE PLAGUE

Plague Rolls:
Nagrub=12
Afton=1 NOOOOOO
Kadere=8
Farnah=7
Karale=9
Memyo=9
Siani=6
Glynn=8
Elise=2
Levant=11 DOESN'T MATTER CUZ DEATHBOND NOOOOO

BUT HEY
AT LEAST WE GOT
BONUS d12 Crim Roll: Word that Bandit Queen Nagrub has a new lair she’s operating out of attracts another ne’er do well dragon to the fold!

gently sobbing

Afton, closely followed by Levant, dealt with the burial of Melchiah. They must have unearthed something during the digging, because not long after the young fae had been buried, Afton became unexpectedly weak. Kadere tended to her as best he could, thinking it was exertion from the sad labor that had taken place.

It was not.

Weakness spread throughout the castle like wildfire, rendering every dragon and hatchling exhausted and sprawling, save Nagrub. They crumpled where they were: half in rooms, up on the watch tower, midway through the courtyard. The bandit queen looked over her decimated populace with horror and dismay and no little irritation.

By the time the moon rose high in the darkness, Afton and Levant had both stopped breathing. Elise struggled to keep her lungs moving under the deep stillness and weakness she felt. Her wheezing breath echoed through the halls but did not cease.

Nagrub had a few trinkets and special things that were more than they seemed at first glance. One of them she withdrew now. It was a black shell painted with squiggles of color. She smashed it on the ground and dark purple smoke rose up in hypnotic plumes.

"Hiram," Nagrub said into the smoke, "I'm calling in that favor."

In a dark place in an entirely different part of the world, a dragon turned toward the sound of something breaking. He saw the smoke and heard Nagrub's voice through it.

"In trouble already?" He asked, "Awright, where are you? Be there as soon as I can."

70786372_350.png

@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [center][size=4][u][b]Day 8[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] [quote] [item=Wind-Up Pocketmouse] Familiar, a new dragon! roll 1-18 Roll=2, Guardian [b]Dailies[/b] Hatchling survival rolls: 6, 5, 6, 3, 6 [i]Everyone survives!!! I am holding out hope that at least some of these littles will make it to adulthood. Pls pls pls[/i] [/quote] Two dragons approached the keep at dawn. One of them was well known to Queen Nagrub - her old second, Hiram. With him he brought another, a guardian named Athame. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75003252][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/750033/75003252_350.png[/img][/url] "Hail, Na'," Hiram said softly once they were inside the gates, "This is a friend of mine. Where do you need us to start?" Nagrub showed them where she had dragged all the ill dragons to convalesce, and the pyre she was building for those that had not survived. "I found this place half built," She told her old crony, "and I thought myself lucky! This place is a mess. Things covered in poisonous dust, unstable construction - it all has to go. Raze it. We'll start fresh." The snapper nodded thoughtfully and pursed his lips, looking at the walls. "Oh, I do so love some demolition-" He chuckled. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Spore Spreader Moth] Food, insect 20-30 battles Rolling for who goes to fight: [i]Kadere, Farnah and Athame[/i] [/quote] Athame is level 2! [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Greater Plantain] Food, plant 10-20 battles Rolling for who goes to fight: [i]Farnah, Hiram and Athame[/i] [/quote] Hiram is level 3 Athame is level 3 [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Amethyst Striker] Food, meat 40-50 battles Rolling for who goes to fight: [i]Kadere, Hiram and Athame[/i] [/quote] Hiram is level 4 Athame is level 4 [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [/center]

Day 8
Quote:
Wind-Up Pocketmouse
Familiar, a new dragon! roll 1-18
Roll=2, Guardian

Dailies
6, 5, 6, 3, 6
Everyone survives!!!
I am holding out hope that at least some of these littles will make it to adulthood. Pls pls pls

Two dragons approached the keep at dawn. One of them was well known to Queen Nagrub - her old second, Hiram. With him he brought another, a guardian named Athame.

75003252_350.png

"Hail, Na'," Hiram said softly once they were inside the gates, "This is a friend of mine. Where do you need us to start?"

Nagrub showed them where she had dragged all the ill dragons to convalesce, and the pyre she was building for those that had not survived.

"I found this place half built," She told her old crony, "and I thought myself lucky! This place is a mess. Things covered in poisonous dust, unstable construction - it all has to go. Raze it. We'll start fresh."

The snapper nodded thoughtfully and pursed his lips, looking at the walls.

"Oh, I do so love some demolition-" He chuckled.

Quote:
Spore Spreader Moth
Food, insect
20-30 battles

Rolling for who goes to fight: Kadere, Farnah and Athame

Athame is level 2!

Quote:
Greater Plantain
Food, plant
10-20 battles

Rolling for who goes to fight: Farnah, Hiram and Athame

Hiram is level 3
Athame is level 3

Quote:
Amethyst Striker
Food, meat
40-50 battles

Rolling for who goes to fight: Kadere, Hiram and Athame

Hiram is level 4
Athame is level 4

@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [center][size=4][u][b]Day 9[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] [quote] [item=Crusty Copper Pot] Material/Trinket, roll d12 Roll=10, Train the Newbies Everyone below level 4: Hiram, Athame, Karale, Memyo and Siani [b]Dailies[/b] Three hatchlings have grown into adults!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75024422][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/750245/75024422.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75026572][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/750266/75026572.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75020280][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/750203/75020280.png[/img][/url] [b]Hatchling survival rolls:[/b] Glynn=6 Elise=1 [i]Deep, ragged sigh. Bye bby[/i] [emoji=pearlcatcher sad size=2] [/quote] They all spent the night in a rough camp a little ways from the crumbling ruins of what was once King Moonbiter's castle. A pyre had been built for Afton and Levant, far from the castle and far from the camp. It smouldered now with only a flicker of glowing embers in the distance. Hiram had been true to his word and his purpose: all that remained of the keep was a pile of rubble. Farnah had been deep in conversation with Queen Nagrub about what they would build in its place. There were rough sketches in the dirt all over as they brainstormed. Elise, who had never fully recovered as the rest had from the great weakness, lay near the campfire and watched Farnah sketch in the dirt with dull eyes. Her half sister Glynn refused to leave her side. She tried to tempt the other hatchling with sips of water and morsels of food, but Elise refused most everything. In the morning, Glynn awoke to find herself curled around a cold and lifeless body. Her wretched sobbing woke the rest of the camp. Kadere went to her and comforted the little one as best he could. They added Elise and fresh fuel to the pyre and set it alight once more. "No more burials," Bandit Queen Nagrub told them all. "We burn our dead and release their ashes to the sky from now on." The harsh light of morning revealed that three of the youths had gone through significant growth spurts. Karale, Memyo and Siani were no longer considered children, and Hiram put them to work accordingly. Along with Athame and Hiram, the three of them spent the day toiling at the site of the old castle. They cleared rubble and sorted through the remaining materials for what was usable and what was not. Farnah and the Queen continued to discuss the final details of the new construction. Kadere kept Glynn close to him and the remaining eggs they had carefully moved to the campsite. The two grieving dragons set a solemn vigil over the future. [i]Hiram and Athame are level 5! Memyo is level 4 Karale and Siani are level 3[/i] [b]Job Rolls!!![/b] [i]Hiram: 10, Scout Athame: 15, Blacksmith[/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img]

Day 9
Quote:
Crusty Copper Pot
Material/Trinket, roll d12
Roll=10, Train the Newbies

Everyone below level 4: Hiram, Athame, Karale, Memyo and Siani

Dailies
Three hatchlings have grown into adults!!

75024422.png 75026572.png 75020280.png

Glynn=6
Elise=1
Deep, ragged sigh. Bye bby

They all spent the night in a rough camp a little ways from the crumbling ruins of what was once King Moonbiter's castle. A pyre had been built for Afton and Levant, far from the castle and far from the camp. It smouldered now with only a flicker of glowing embers in the distance.

Hiram had been true to his word and his purpose: all that remained of the keep was a pile of rubble. Farnah had been deep in conversation with Queen Nagrub about what they would build in its place. There were rough sketches in the dirt all over as they brainstormed.

Elise, who had never fully recovered as the rest had from the great weakness, lay near the campfire and watched Farnah sketch in the dirt with dull eyes. Her half sister Glynn refused to leave her side. She tried to tempt the other hatchling with sips of water and morsels of food, but Elise refused most everything.

In the morning, Glynn awoke to find herself curled around a cold and lifeless body. Her wretched sobbing woke the rest of the camp. Kadere went to her and comforted the little one as best he could.

They added Elise and fresh fuel to the pyre and set it alight once more.

"No more burials," Bandit Queen Nagrub told them all. "We burn our dead and release their ashes to the sky from now on."

The harsh light of morning revealed that three of the youths had gone through significant growth spurts. Karale, Memyo and Siani were no longer considered children, and Hiram put them to work accordingly. Along with Athame and Hiram, the three of them spent the day toiling at the site of the old castle. They cleared rubble and sorted through the remaining materials for what was usable and what was not.

Farnah and the Queen continued to discuss the final details of the new construction. Kadere kept Glynn close to him and the remaining eggs they had carefully moved to the campsite. The two grieving dragons set a solemn vigil over the future.

Hiram and Athame are level 5!
Memyo is level 4
Karale and Siani are level 3

Job Rolls!!!
Hiram: 10, Scout
Athame: 15, Blacksmith

ooh im curious to see what gets built now! i feel like Nagrub is a pretty aggressive leader though, i hope everything will go well for the kids Elise dying is sad, it's a shame whenever a hatchling passes [emoji=banescale sad size=2]
ooh im curious to see what gets built now! i feel like Nagrub is a pretty aggressive leader though, i hope everything will go well for the kids

Elise dying is sad, it's a shame whenever a hatchling passes
@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [size=2][s]taking turns but holding off on writing out lore for now, will fill in when the busy times quiet down[/s] lore done![/size] [center][size=4][u][b]Day 10[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] Prince Rainheart and Meirion's nest hatched: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75184890][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/751849/75184890.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75184891][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/751849/75184891.png[/img][/url] Ironrain / Meira [quote] [b]Dailies[/b] [b]Survival rolls:[/b] Ironrain=heads (survive) Meira=tails (exalt) [i]noooooooooooo[/i] [b]One hatchling has grown up![/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75052771][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/750528/75052771.png[/img][/url] [item=Moonbeam Sardines] Food, seafood 30-40 matches [i]Combatants rolled: Kadere, Karale and Glynn[/i] [/quote] Kadere and Karale managed to convince Glynn to leave her vigil of the pyre for Elise and come with them out on a gathering trip for food. Her own growth spurt had finally kicked in, making the pearlcatcher large enough to keep up with the other two. Both of the young dragons did well in combat, but it was impossible to ignore the way that Glynn threw herself recklessly at their foes. Even out of combat she was distant and unwise. Glynn didn't look where she was going, didn't avoid obstacles like brambles and sharp rocks, and certainly seemed to not hear the others' warning her to take care. [i]Karale is level 4 Glynn is level 3[/i] While they were out, the nest with Rainheart and Meirion's two eggs hatched. Or rather, one tundra that was the spitting image of his father hatched. The second egg remained dull and inert, and was eventually added to the pyre. Meymo was quiet as she looked at the small blue and yellow hatchling. She remembered well what they had done to his father. Surely this newborn, fresh into the world, did not carry Rainheart's curse... she resolved to keep an eye on the child and decided he should be called Ironrain. One way or another, she would see what became of him. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote][item=Glass Hybrid Fragment] Battle item, flip a coin Flip=Heads, BEAST CLAN ATTACK [i]Aww cripes let’s see these rolls......[/i] Bandit Queen Nagrub=9 Kadere=2 Farnah=4 Hiram=7 Athame=12 Karale=10 Memyo=3 Siani=5 Glynn=3 Ironrain=3 [i]WHEEZE Somehow everyone survived?![/i][/quote] Glynn's carelessness was nearly their undoing. She was meant to be watching their trail as they returned from their trip back to camp. Instead, she seemed in her own world. When an angry dryad shifted into view, Glynn simply stared at it before walking on. The camp was quickly assaulted by dryads of all shapes and sizes. They were furious about the wood and fruit that had been gathered from their sacred groves, even if it had not been an intentional slight. The dragons managed to fend them off long enough for Queen Nagrub to pinpoint their ringleader. In classic fashion for the wildclaw, she pinned the dryad to the ground with her mighty talons and demanded that the fighting cease - lest the dryads all wanted to be slaughtered. They managed an uneasy truce: none of the Rosethorn dragons would harvest anything from the sacred grove from this day forward, if the dryads agreed not to attack them again. In fact, the dragons would even patrol around the grove to turn away other creatures that might plunder it. In return for their 'protection', the dryads would offer the dragons a regular tithe of goods of their choosing. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote][item= Sea Grass] Food, plants 10-20 matches [i]Combatants rolled: Hiram, Farnah, Athame[/i] [/quote] Making good on their new agreement, Bandit Queen Nagrub sent some of the more senior dragons to execute their first grove patrol. [i]Farnah is level 7![/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Carpenter Wax] Material/Trinket, roll d12 Roll=9, Backstabbing Glynn has been exalted [i]Nooooooooooooooooo[/i] [/quote] Glynn had been on thin ice since the dryad attack. Karale, Meymo and Siani did their best to talk sense into her. None of them had forgotten Nagrub's threat the first day she arrived. You were either part of this crew, or you wouldn't last long. Glynn sat through their lectures with grim, dull eyes. Eventually, she got up without a word and walked away. They watched her return to the site of the recent pyres and figured that at least if she was out mourning, she couldn't be causing trouble. She stayed there all day. "Enough." Queen Nagrub said to her finally in sharp tones, "Your mourning is extravagant and you're neglecting your responsibilities. Grow up, you're not the only one who has lost somebody." Glynn looked up at her with hateful, resentful eyes. Her whole body tensed. For a split second, Queen Nagrub didn't think the young pearlcatcher would follow through. But she did, launching herself at the larger wildclaw with claw, fang and horn. Eerily, Glynn made no sound. She didn't yell or cry, she didn't speak or hiss. It was the silence that decided it for Nagrub. She respected a member of her crew standing up for themself, and even throwing down occasionally, but Glynn's quiet fury was made up of pure, murderous grief and rage. Nagrub had no use for a crew member who didn't pull their weight and would only try to off her at every chance they got. Glynn was young and single minded, but Nagrub was a seasoned fighter. It was over in moments. The Bandit Queen kicked Glynn's body onto the pyre she had spent so much time guarding. "What a disappointment," The Queen hissed, "You weren't even worth the food you ate." [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Ebony Hogfish] Food, seafood 30-40 matches [i]Combatants rolled: Farnah, Athame and Meymo[/i] [/quote] Karale, Siani and Meymo were horrified at the news of Glynn's death. Queen Nagrub wasn't foolish enough to think they would be fine with it. She ordered the other dragons to split up the youths and keep them occupied. Athame and Farnah took Meymo with them to visit the river and do some fishing. Farnah was upset and sympathetic to the young spiral. Athame was not. "The Queen did what was right," the guardian snapped finally, "and if the two of you don't want to end up in a similar situation, I'd drop the topic entirely." Farnah and Meymo spent the rest of the trip in tense silence. When they returned to camp, Meymo said only that she preferred the company of creatures instead of dragons. [i]Athame is level 6 Meymo is level 5[/i] [b]Job rolling time[/b] Memyo=6, Familiar Caretaker! [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Arctic Scrub] Food, plants 10-20 matches [i]Combatants rolled: Karale, Athame and Memyo[/i] [/quote] Seeing how quickly the discontented young dragons turned to each other for comfort, Athame tapped Karale and Meymo to do the next grove patrol. Her cold agreement with Nagrub's actions disturbed both of them. Another expedition that was spent mostly in heavy silence. [i]Athame is level 7 Memyo is level 6[/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Foo's Eye] Material/Trinket, roll d12 Roll=6, Quest time! Adventurers going on the quest: Siani and Athame [/quote] Siani saw the way that she and her friends were being split apart. The bright imperial kept her thoughts to herself after their first moments comforting each other had been so soundly broken up. She was not blind to Bandit Queen Nagrub's intent. Hiram and Athame were the Queen's strongest supporters. After the loss of Afton, Kadere seemed reclusive. Farnah had only just become aware of the hornet nest she had wandered into. Siani determined to be careful around all of them, just in case. After returning from a patrol with Karale and Meymo - who looked even more dispirited than before - Athame turned her attention to Siani. "You need to pull your weight here, too." The guardian groused, "Come on, you and I are going to scatter all these ashes far from camp and prep some wood for whatever next pyre we need." She gestured to the pile that was all that remained of Glynn, Elise, the unhatched egg, Afton and Levant. Siani complied without raising a fuss. Her orange clawed forepaws became stained grey dark from the work. A deep howl was building up inside her gut. She thought of her fellow hatchlings. All that they had seen and survived together. Even Afton hadn't been so bad. Siani missed them all. [i]Athame is level 8 Siani is level 5[/i] They were making one last trip when Athame stepped poorly. The ground covered in branches and stones shifted under her weight and her hind leg was bent at a sudden and unnatural angle. Blood welled up around scales. She hissed in pain. Siani set down her load and came over to the guardian. "Let me staunch the bleeding," Siani offered meekly. Athame grunted and nodded for Siani to approach. The imperial crouched by the guardian's hind legs to look over the wound. It was nasty, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with some bandages and a healing potion. A thought occured to Siani and she felt every fiber of her body freeze. "Well?" Athame called impatiently. The pain made her testy. "Don't tell me, you've gone mute like your pearlcatcher friend?" "How... how DARE she mention Glynn!" Siani thought wildly. "They think we're just random children, but Glynn was my SISTER. My FAMILY!" She reached under the guardian's belly and ripped the length of it open with her claws in one swift and furious motion. Athame shrieked in shock and pain. Before she could attack or try to flee, Siani threw her entire, not inconsiderable, bulk against the off balance dragon. Athame slammed into the ground with a wheezing cry. Siani swarmed over top of her, pressing the guardian's face into the earth. She held on grimly as Athame struggled beneath her. "You have NO idea what we're capable of," Siani snarled into Athame's ear, "and your boss killed my sister. I'm not going to stop until you're all ashes too!" [quote][b]Quest survival roll:[/b] Athame=1 FAIL Siani=4 Survive![/quote] When Athame was finally still beneath her, Siani stepped off the other dragon. Blood soaked the ground around them. It would attract attention soon, if it hadn't already. "Let the scavengers have you!" Siani spat at the corpse. She turned back towards the direction of camp and took a deep breath. Right now, the element of surprise was on her side. Siani remembered well that surprise was deadly and effective. As was a distraction... Siani burst back onto camp wide-eyed, wailing and covered in blood. "The Dryads!" She gasped frantically, "they jumped us! I barely got away, I don't know where Athame is!" The others crowded around her, alarmed at the sight of blood. Hiram's large head snapped towards the woods that Siani had come stumbling out of. Bandit Queen Nagrub roared in fury at this news. "Those two-timing backstabbers!" She growled, "Come on, let's go teach them what happens to those who cross us! Hiram, you're the scout - find them!" Hiram charged off with fury in his eyes. Siani made a mental note that he would have to be dealt with next. "M-my Queen!" Siani managed to wheeze, "They said- they s-said that-" She collapsed to the ground, coughing. Nagrub shoved the others aside and bent down next to the wounded imperial. "Said what!?" She demanded. Siani opened her mouth to speak and managed very weakly, [size=2]"s-said that y-you-"[/size] Nagrub leaned in closer to listen. Like a striking viper, Siani latched onto the wildclaw's throat. She bit down fiercely and whipped her head away. Nagrub let out a terrible noise and stumbled back. Siani spat out flesh and blood from her mouth. "You shouldn't have [i]killed my sister.[/i]" She snarled. No longer faking injury, Siani rose up to her full height and looked sharply at the other dragons. Her hatchlinghood friends had not stepped in to defend Nagrub, they looked at her approvingly. Farnah was horrified and cowering away. Kadere- The other imperial slammed into her and stood between Nagrub and Siani. "Too late." Siani hissed. Her fangs were scarlet. Kadere cast a glance back at Nagrub. She was already stilling on the ground. "You-" He started to rumble. "I killed Athame too! She said Nagrub did the right thing by killing Glynn!" Siani roared, "My sister, murdered when she was trying to conquer her grief! If you defend that that [i]murderous tyrant[/i], then I will fight you too." Kadere's eyes jumped to the nest he and Afton had laid and then back to Siani. She narrowed her eyes and growled low in her throat. Karale and Meymo, taking their cue from the scene, stepped closer to the nest to loom over it. Kadere's face twisted. He lowered his wings and ears to a submissive posture. "Don't." He whispered. There was agony in his voice. Siani held his gaze for a long moment. Then she nodded. "Your hatchlings will be safe under [i]my[/i] protection." Siani told him, "As will you, if you keep peaceful." The dark imperial nodded and looked away. "Hail Queen Siani!" Karale cried. The other young dragons took up the cry, with Farnah belatedly joining in. Queen Siani turned her gaze towards the woods. Now all that was left to deal with was Hiram. [quote][b]Job rolling time:[/b] Siani rolled a 20 - ROYAL?!? Combat outcome roll=2, The leader dies and the new leader is crowned [b]SIANI KILLS NAGRUB AND TAKES THE CROWN!![/b][/quote] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img]
taking turns but holding off on writing out lore for now, will fill in when the busy times quiet down lore done!
Day 10

Prince Rainheart and Meirion's nest hatched:
75184890.png 75184891.png
Ironrain / Meira
Quote:
Dailies
Survival rolls:
Ironrain=heads (survive)
Meira=tails (exalt) noooooooooooo

One hatchling has grown up!
75052771.png

Moonbeam Sardines
Food, seafood
30-40 matches

Combatants rolled: Kadere, Karale and Glynn

Kadere and Karale managed to convince Glynn to leave her vigil of the pyre for Elise and come with them out on a gathering trip for food. Her own growth spurt had finally kicked in, making the pearlcatcher large enough to keep up with the other two.

Both of the young dragons did well in combat, but it was impossible to ignore the way that Glynn threw herself recklessly at their foes. Even out of combat she was distant and unwise. Glynn didn't look where she was going, didn't avoid obstacles like brambles and sharp rocks, and certainly seemed to not hear the others' warning her to take care.

Karale is level 4
Glynn is level 3

While they were out, the nest with Rainheart and Meirion's two eggs hatched. Or rather, one tundra that was the spitting image of his father hatched. The second egg remained dull and inert, and was eventually added to the pyre.

Meymo was quiet as she looked at the small blue and yellow hatchling. She remembered well what they had done to his father. Surely this newborn, fresh into the world, did not carry Rainheart's curse... she resolved to keep an eye on the child and decided he should be called Ironrain. One way or another, she would see what became of him.

Quote:
Glass Hybrid Fragment
Battle item, flip a coin
Flip=Heads, BEAST CLAN ATTACK
Aww cripes let’s see these rolls......

Bandit Queen Nagrub=9
Kadere=2
Farnah=4
Hiram=7
Athame=12
Karale=10
Memyo=3
Siani=5
Glynn=3
Ironrain=3

WHEEZE
Somehow everyone survived?!

Glynn's carelessness was nearly their undoing. She was meant to be watching their trail as they returned from their trip back to camp. Instead, she seemed in her own world. When an angry dryad shifted into view, Glynn simply stared at it before walking on.

The camp was quickly assaulted by dryads of all shapes and sizes. They were furious about the wood and fruit that had been gathered from their sacred groves, even if it had not been an intentional slight. The dragons managed to fend them off long enough for Queen Nagrub to pinpoint their ringleader. In classic fashion for the wildclaw, she pinned the dryad to the ground with her mighty talons and demanded that the fighting cease - lest the dryads all wanted to be slaughtered.

They managed an uneasy truce: none of the Rosethorn dragons would harvest anything from the sacred grove from this day forward, if the dryads agreed not to attack them again. In fact, the dragons would even patrol around the grove to turn away other creatures that might plunder it. In return for their 'protection', the dryads would offer the dragons a regular tithe of goods of their choosing.

Quote:
Sea Grass
Food, plants
10-20 matches

Combatants rolled: Hiram, Farnah, Athame

Making good on their new agreement, Bandit Queen Nagrub sent some of the more senior dragons to execute their first grove patrol.

Farnah is level 7!

Quote:
Carpenter Wax
Roll=9, Backstabbing

Glynn has been exalted

Nooooooooooooooooo

Glynn had been on thin ice since the dryad attack. Karale, Meymo and Siani did their best to talk sense into her. None of them had forgotten Nagrub's threat the first day she arrived. You were either part of this crew, or you wouldn't last long.

Glynn sat through their lectures with grim, dull eyes. Eventually, she got up without a word and walked away. They watched her return to the site of the recent pyres and figured that at least if she was out mourning, she couldn't be causing trouble. She stayed there all day.

"Enough." Queen Nagrub said to her finally in sharp tones, "Your mourning is extravagant and you're neglecting your responsibilities. Grow up, you're not the only one who has lost somebody."

Glynn looked up at her with hateful, resentful eyes. Her whole body tensed.

For a split second, Queen Nagrub didn't think the young pearlcatcher would follow through. But she did, launching herself at the larger wildclaw with claw, fang and horn. Eerily, Glynn made no sound. She didn't yell or cry, she didn't speak or hiss.

It was the silence that decided it for Nagrub. She respected a member of her crew standing up for themself, and even throwing down occasionally, but Glynn's quiet fury was made up of pure, murderous grief and rage. Nagrub had no use for a crew member who didn't pull their weight and would only try to off her at every chance they got.

Glynn was young and single minded, but Nagrub was a seasoned fighter. It was over in moments.

The Bandit Queen kicked Glynn's body onto the pyre she had spent so much time guarding.

"What a disappointment," The Queen hissed, "You weren't even worth the food you ate."

Quote:
Ebony Hogfish
Food, seafood
30-40 matches

Combatants rolled: Farnah, Athame and Meymo

Karale, Siani and Meymo were horrified at the news of Glynn's death. Queen Nagrub wasn't foolish enough to think they would be fine with it. She ordered the other dragons to split up the youths and keep them occupied.

Athame and Farnah took Meymo with them to visit the river and do some fishing. Farnah was upset and sympathetic to the young spiral. Athame was not.

"The Queen did what was right," the guardian snapped finally, "and if the two of you don't want to end up in a similar situation, I'd drop the topic entirely."

Farnah and Meymo spent the rest of the trip in tense silence. When they returned to camp, Meymo said only that she preferred the company of creatures instead of dragons.

Athame is level 6
Meymo is level 5

Job rolling time
Memyo=6, Familiar Caretaker!

Quote:
Arctic Scrub
Food, plants
10-20 matches

Combatants rolled: Karale, Athame and Memyo

Seeing how quickly the discontented young dragons turned to each other for comfort, Athame tapped Karale and Meymo to do the next grove patrol.

Her cold agreement with Nagrub's actions disturbed both of them. Another expedition that was spent mostly in heavy silence.

Athame is level 7
Memyo is level 6

Quote:
Foo's Eye
Roll=6, Quest time!

Adventurers going on the quest: Siani and Athame

Siani saw the way that she and her friends were being split apart. The bright imperial kept her thoughts to herself after their first moments comforting each other had been so soundly broken up. She was not blind to Bandit Queen Nagrub's intent.

Hiram and Athame were the Queen's strongest supporters. After the loss of Afton, Kadere seemed reclusive. Farnah had only just become aware of the hornet nest she had wandered into. Siani determined to be careful around all of them, just in case.

After returning from a patrol with Karale and Meymo - who looked even more dispirited than before - Athame turned her attention to Siani.

"You need to pull your weight here, too." The guardian groused, "Come on, you and I are going to scatter all these ashes far from camp and prep some wood for whatever next pyre we need." She gestured to the pile that was all that remained of Glynn, Elise, the unhatched egg, Afton and Levant.

Siani complied without raising a fuss. Her orange clawed forepaws became stained grey dark from the work. A deep howl was building up inside her gut. She thought of her fellow hatchlings. All that they had seen and survived together. Even Afton hadn't been so bad. Siani missed them all.

Athame is level 8
Siani is level 5

They were making one last trip when Athame stepped poorly. The ground covered in branches and stones shifted under her weight and her hind leg was bent at a sudden and unnatural angle. Blood welled up around scales. She hissed in pain.

Siani set down her load and came over to the guardian.

"Let me staunch the bleeding," Siani offered meekly.

Athame grunted and nodded for Siani to approach. The imperial crouched by the guardian's hind legs to look over the wound. It was nasty, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with some bandages and a healing potion. A thought occured to Siani and she felt every fiber of her body freeze.

"Well?" Athame called impatiently. The pain made her testy. "Don't tell me, you've gone mute like your pearlcatcher friend?"

"How... how DARE she mention Glynn!" Siani thought wildly. "They think we're just random children, but Glynn was my SISTER. My FAMILY!"

She reached under the guardian's belly and ripped the length of it open with her claws in one swift and furious motion. Athame shrieked in shock and pain. Before she could attack or try to flee, Siani threw her entire, not inconsiderable, bulk against the off balance dragon. Athame slammed into the ground with a wheezing cry. Siani swarmed over top of her, pressing the guardian's face into the earth. She held on grimly as Athame struggled beneath her.

"You have NO idea what we're capable of," Siani snarled into Athame's ear, "and your boss killed my sister. I'm not going to stop until you're all ashes too!"

Quote:
Quest survival roll:
Athame=1 FAIL
Siani=4 Survive!

When Athame was finally still beneath her, Siani stepped off the other dragon. Blood soaked the ground around them. It would attract attention soon, if it hadn't already.

"Let the scavengers have you!" Siani spat at the corpse.

She turned back towards the direction of camp and took a deep breath. Right now, the element of surprise was on her side. Siani remembered well that surprise was deadly and effective. As was a distraction...

Siani burst back onto camp wide-eyed, wailing and covered in blood.

"The Dryads!" She gasped frantically, "they jumped us! I barely got away, I don't know where Athame is!"

The others crowded around her, alarmed at the sight of blood. Hiram's large head snapped towards the woods that Siani had come stumbling out of. Bandit Queen Nagrub roared in fury at this news.

"Those two-timing backstabbers!" She growled, "Come on, let's go teach them what happens to those who cross us! Hiram, you're the scout - find them!"

Hiram charged off with fury in his eyes. Siani made a mental note that he would have to be dealt with next.

"M-my Queen!" Siani managed to wheeze, "They said- they s-said that-"

She collapsed to the ground, coughing. Nagrub shoved the others aside and bent down next to the wounded imperial.

"Said what!?" She demanded.

Siani opened her mouth to speak and managed very weakly, "s-said that y-you-"

Nagrub leaned in closer to listen.

Like a striking viper, Siani latched onto the wildclaw's throat. She bit down fiercely and whipped her head away.

Nagrub let out a terrible noise and stumbled back.

Siani spat out flesh and blood from her mouth.

"You shouldn't have killed my sister." She snarled.

No longer faking injury, Siani rose up to her full height and looked sharply at the other dragons. Her hatchlinghood friends had not stepped in to defend Nagrub, they looked at her approvingly. Farnah was horrified and cowering away. Kadere-

The other imperial slammed into her and stood between Nagrub and Siani.

"Too late." Siani hissed. Her fangs were scarlet.

Kadere cast a glance back at Nagrub. She was already stilling on the ground.

"You-" He started to rumble.

"I killed Athame too! She said Nagrub did the right thing by killing Glynn!" Siani roared, "My sister, murdered when she was trying to conquer her grief! If you defend that that murderous tyrant, then I will fight you too."

Kadere's eyes jumped to the nest he and Afton had laid and then back to Siani. She narrowed her eyes and growled low in her throat. Karale and Meymo, taking their cue from the scene, stepped closer to the nest to loom over it.

Kadere's face twisted. He lowered his wings and ears to a submissive posture.

"Don't." He whispered. There was agony in his voice.

Siani held his gaze for a long moment. Then she nodded.

"Your hatchlings will be safe under my protection." Siani told him, "As will you, if you keep peaceful."

The dark imperial nodded and looked away.

"Hail Queen Siani!" Karale cried. The other young dragons took up the cry, with Farnah belatedly joining in.

Queen Siani turned her gaze towards the woods. Now all that was left to deal with was Hiram.
Quote:
Job rolling time:
Siani rolled a 20 - ROYAL?!?
Combat outcome roll=2, The leader dies and the new leader is crowned

SIANI KILLS NAGRUB AND TAKES THE CROWN!!

aww the new babies are so cute! i'm guessing they both lived? and good on the one who grew up today!
aww the new babies are so cute! i'm guessing they both lived? and good on the one who grew up today!
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [size=2]yesterday was a doozy. On the road today, only doing pinkerton pull for now[/size] [center][size=4][u][b]Day 11[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] [quote] [b]Dailies[/b] [b]Hatchling survival rolls:[/b] Ironrain=3 [i]Aliveeeeeee![/i] [item=Sheep] Food, meat 40-50 matches [i]Combatants rolled: Karale, Meymo, Kadere[/i] [/quote] On Queen Siani's orders, Karale and Meymo take Kadere with them to look for Hiram. The scout has yet to be found. [i]Karale is level 6 Memyo is level 7 Kadere is level 7 Karale has rolled for a job and is now a [b]Blacksmith[/b][/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img]
yesterday was a doozy. On the road today, only doing pinkerton pull for now
Day 11
Quote:
Dailies
Ironrain=3 Aliveeeeeee!

Sheep
Food, meat
40-50 matches

Combatants rolled: Karale, Meymo, Kadere

On Queen Siani's orders, Karale and Meymo take Kadere with them to look for Hiram. The scout has yet to be found.

Karale is level 6
Memyo is level 7
Kadere is level 7

Karale has rolled for a job and is now a Blacksmith

Lore for Day 10 has been written in, there is much drama! I head onto yesterday, Day 11 next and THEN see if I have energy to roll for today too!

Lore for Day 10 has been written in, there is much drama! I head onto yesterday, Day 11 next and THEN see if I have energy to roll for today too!
@amubun @naranciag @apneic @necralisk @uyi [size=2]here we goooooo[/size] [center][size=4][u][b]Day 12[/b][/u][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/17e61a4d8dfb7f207622e6e731a97298/68d352a9d55b74b8-f7/s500x750/9014d9b9e2b99171e9cafd4bf1a657cf5fc621e3.png[/img] Afton and Kadere's nest hatched: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75222007][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/752221/75222007.png[/img][/url] / [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75222008][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/752221/75222008.png[/img][/url] / [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75222009][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/752221/75222009.png[/img][/url] Kadoe / Aferen / Metis [quote] [b]Dailies[/b] [b]Survival rolls:[/b] Kadoe =heads (survive) [i]RUNES?! Can't believe somebody got a non-basic[/i] Aferen =heads (survive) Metis=tails (exalt) [i]boo[/i] [b] Hatchling survival rolls[/b] Ironrain=6, survive! [item=Flycatcher] Food, plants 10-20 matches [i]Combatants rolled: Siani, Karale and Hiram[/i] [/quote] Hiram knew something was amiss the moment he entered the woods. They were too quiet. Not in a 'calm before the storm' or 'everyone is hunkered down and hiding' way. They were quiet in a natural, undisturbed way. Birds softly trilled and fluttered overhead. Small creatures nosed about in the undergrowth for food. If the dryads were truly on the attack, as they had so recently been, the whole forest would be alive with their fury. Siani had made no effort to hide her trail back to camp. Hiram followed it away, into the woods, feeling a tightness in his throat that was all too familiar. He knew what he would find, but hoped desperately to see something else. His wishes were in vain. Athame lay bloody on the ground, clearly done in by another dragon. There were markings of a scuffle and disturbed earth from a struggle. The bloody prints only went in one direction: the way he had come. Hiram heaved a deep sigh of sorrow and anger. Athame had come here at his request. What was Siani's game? Hiram was fairly sure he knew that too. Cursing, the snapper wheeled back the way he had come. Smoke on the air reached his nose before he got back to the camp and confirmed his fears. Someone else was dead. But had Bandit Queen Nagrub seen through the ruse and defeated Siani? Or had someone else fallen? Using his knowledge of woodcraft and stealth, Hiram circled the camp. Weight crushed around his heart when he saw the bright orange and green flash of Siani's hide among the other dragons... and not the familiar pale green shape of Nagrub. Hiram had seen bloody coups before. He's participated in some, too. The choice now was what he would do from here. Flee? Revenge himself on Siani for Athame and Nagrub? He was here because the Bandit Queen had called in a favor. Now that she was dead, how far did his loyalty go? But Athame... she was a friend. Some of the dragons split away from the camp and headed into the woods Siani had arrived from. They were looking for him. Hiram withdrew into the shadows of the woodlands and tried to figure out what to do. [i]Siani is level 6 Hiram is level 6[/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img] [quote] [item=Bottled Bones] Material/trinket, roll d12 Roll=9, Backstabbing [i]RNG YOU CLEARLY HAVE A GOAL HERE[/i][/quote] Farnah sat with Kadere and the little hatchlings, feeling as if she too was utterly new to the world. Afton and Kadere's eggs had finally hatched. One little blue mirror hadn't made it fully out of the shell before life left her, but the other two made it out okay. Kadere named them Kanoe and Aferen and was curled close to them. His eyes were haunted and sad. He had tried everything to keep the third child going. Another body for the pyre. Farnah shuddered. So... so much violence had transpired since she arrived here. It made it hard for her to think. Farnah had never seen one dragon kill another until now. And then she had seen it happen again. Her mind skittered over a jumble of recent memories. Siani drenched in blood, snarling. Nagrub wiping Glynn's blood off her talons with an air of disgust. The sheer [i]smell[/i] of fresh blood in the hot sun. Farnah felt like she kept starting and stopping. None of this made sense. Kadere was saying something, but Farnah couldn't make her ears catch the words. She turned wide, uncomprehending eyes to the dark imperial. Oh. He wasn't talking to her. Kadere was talking to Hiram. Farnah felt the memories skip and stutter again. Hiram lighting the pyre with Glynn on it. The same look of disgust as Nagrub. Hearing his voice order the young dragons away from each other. Repeat that Glynn had deserved what happened. Sound rose and fell. Farnah realized that Kadere and Hiram were arguing. Belatedly, she wondered if this was important and tried to focus on what they were saying. "-for those little scraps of scale?!" Hiram growled. His gesture indicated the two mirror hatchlings currently tucked in with Ironrain. "Yes!" Kadere said angrily. Hiram's face contorted into a frightening mask. He lunged for the nest. Kadere shouldered the snapper aside before he could reach the hatchlings. Farnah shrieked in alarm. The sound of raised voices caught Meymo's attention from the castle ruins. Farnah saw the spiral jump into the air and snake towards them. More memories. Melchiah under the fallen beam. Blood on wood. Blood on stone. Blood on earth. The crackle of fire and the smell of charr. Little bodies in the flames. Levant. Elise. Nestlings unnamed. "No, no, no, not again!" Farnah whimpered. Kadere and Hiram were tangled together in a full brawl. They rolled across the camp, pulling down shelters here and scattering fire pits there. Ironrain was crying with fear. The little mirrors were doing the same. Farnah gathered the three of them up in her arms and flung out her wings wide. She leapt into the air and backed away from the combat. No more dead hatchlings. Not if she could help it! Meymo streaked past her to help Kadere. Her blue scales flashed in the sunlight as she raked alongside Hiram with her claws. The snapper was a tough fighter who had seen plenty of combat, but Kadere was filled with fear at losing all that was left of his little family. Farnah turned away. With strong wingbeats she rose higher into the air and angled away from the camp altogether. She turned towards the ruins and started babbling to the children. "See that big block all by itself down there?" She said to them, "That's going to be where I put a tall, tall tower. We will sit at the top of that tower and see so far." With her tail, Farnah continued to point and sketch out the plans she had for a new keep for the hatchlings. Faintly behind them, she heard the sounds of combat come to an end. [i] Hiram has been exalted[/i] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d8dcaac390a40401c9f349c9126a7acb/68d352a9d55b74b8-2b/s500x750/8bfe6eb78f482f7a365bd0176470b86b3583f49b.png[/img]
here we goooooo
Day 12

Afton and Kadere's nest hatched:
75222007.png / 75222008.png / 75222009.png

Kadoe / Aferen / Metis
Quote:
Dailies
Survival rolls:
Kadoe =heads (survive) RUNES?! Can't believe somebody got a non-basic
Aferen =heads (survive)
Metis=tails (exalt) boo

Hatchling survival rolls

Ironrain=6, survive!

Flycatcher
Food, plants
10-20 matches

Combatants rolled: Siani, Karale and Hiram

Hiram knew something was amiss the moment he entered the woods.

They were too quiet.

Not in a 'calm before the storm' or 'everyone is hunkered down and hiding' way. They were quiet in a natural, undisturbed way. Birds softly trilled and fluttered overhead. Small creatures nosed about in the undergrowth for food. If the dryads were truly on the attack, as they had so recently been, the whole forest would be alive with their fury.

Siani had made no effort to hide her trail back to camp. Hiram followed it away, into the woods, feeling a tightness in his throat that was all too familiar. He knew what he would find, but hoped desperately to see something else.

His wishes were in vain.

Athame lay bloody on the ground, clearly done in by another dragon. There were markings of a scuffle and disturbed earth from a struggle. The bloody prints only went in one direction: the way he had come. Hiram heaved a deep sigh of sorrow and anger. Athame had come here at his request.

What was Siani's game? Hiram was fairly sure he knew that too. Cursing, the snapper wheeled back the way he had come.

Smoke on the air reached his nose before he got back to the camp and confirmed his fears. Someone else was dead. But had Bandit Queen Nagrub seen through the ruse and defeated Siani? Or had someone else fallen?

Using his knowledge of woodcraft and stealth, Hiram circled the camp. Weight crushed around his heart when he saw the bright orange and green flash of Siani's hide among the other dragons... and not the familiar pale green shape of Nagrub.

Hiram had seen bloody coups before. He's participated in some, too. The choice now was what he would do from here. Flee? Revenge himself on Siani for Athame and Nagrub? He was here because the Bandit Queen had called in a favor. Now that she was dead, how far did his loyalty go? But Athame... she was a friend.

Some of the dragons split away from the camp and headed into the woods Siani had arrived from. They were looking for him.

Hiram withdrew into the shadows of the woodlands and tried to figure out what to do.

Siani is level 6
Hiram is level 6

Quote:
Bottled Bones
Material/trinket, roll d12
Roll=9, Backstabbing

RNG YOU CLEARLY HAVE A GOAL HERE

Farnah sat with Kadere and the little hatchlings, feeling as if she too was utterly new to the world. Afton and Kadere's eggs had finally hatched. One little blue mirror hadn't made it fully out of the shell before life left her, but the other two made it out okay. Kadere named them Kanoe and Aferen and was curled close to them. His eyes were haunted and sad. He had tried everything to keep the third child going.

Another body for the pyre. Farnah shuddered.

So... so much violence had transpired since she arrived here. It made it hard for her to think. Farnah had never seen one dragon kill another until now. And then she had seen it happen again.

Her mind skittered over a jumble of recent memories. Siani drenched in blood, snarling. Nagrub wiping Glynn's blood off her talons with an air of disgust. The sheer smell of fresh blood in the hot sun. Farnah felt like she kept starting and stopping. None of this made sense.

Kadere was saying something, but Farnah couldn't make her ears catch the words. She turned wide, uncomprehending eyes to the dark imperial. Oh. He wasn't talking to her.

Kadere was talking to Hiram.

Farnah felt the memories skip and stutter again. Hiram lighting the pyre with Glynn on it. The same look of disgust as Nagrub. Hearing his voice order the young dragons away from each other. Repeat that Glynn had deserved what happened.

Sound rose and fell. Farnah realized that Kadere and Hiram were arguing. Belatedly, she wondered if this was important and tried to focus on what they were saying.

"-for those little scraps of scale?!" Hiram growled. His gesture indicated the two mirror hatchlings currently tucked in with Ironrain.

"Yes!" Kadere said angrily.

Hiram's face contorted into a frightening mask. He lunged for the nest.

Kadere shouldered the snapper aside before he could reach the hatchlings. Farnah shrieked in alarm. The sound of raised voices caught Meymo's attention from the castle ruins. Farnah saw the spiral jump into the air and snake towards them.

More memories. Melchiah under the fallen beam. Blood on wood. Blood on stone. Blood on earth. The crackle of fire and the smell of charr. Little bodies in the flames. Levant. Elise. Nestlings unnamed.

"No, no, no, not again!" Farnah whimpered.

Kadere and Hiram were tangled together in a full brawl. They rolled across the camp, pulling down shelters here and scattering fire pits there. Ironrain was crying with fear. The little mirrors were doing the same.

Farnah gathered the three of them up in her arms and flung out her wings wide. She leapt into the air and backed away from the combat.

No more dead hatchlings. Not if she could help it!

Meymo streaked past her to help Kadere. Her blue scales flashed in the sunlight as she raked alongside Hiram with her claws. The snapper was a tough fighter who had seen plenty of combat, but Kadere was filled with fear at losing all that was left of his little family.

Farnah turned away. With strong wingbeats she rose higher into the air and angled away from the camp altogether. She turned towards the ruins and started babbling to the children.

"See that big block all by itself down there?" She said to them, "That's going to be where I put a tall, tall tower. We will sit at the top of that tower and see so far."

With her tail, Farnah continued to point and sketch out the plans she had for a new keep for the hatchlings. Faintly behind them, she heard the sounds of combat come to an end.

Hiram has been exalted

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28