Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Q] COMPLETE - XXX G1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[font=Garamond][center][u][b]I. INTRODUCTION[/b][/u] hello! i'm kawacy, but you can call me Tael :> and after sitting on this dream for more than five years, i'm finally going to take charge and act on it! my therapist would be proud of me !! i am saving up for an XXX G1. i'm not sure how long this will take, but i will commit myself to saving for however long this goes on for. this has always been something i've dreamed of ever since starting in late 2015, and after years of talking myself down and telling myself i could never achieve something this big, i want to prove myself wrong. ----- [u][b]II. PREFACE[/b][/u] [u]why am i so obsessed with achieving this goal?[/u] i am a person with both slight OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and moderate to severe ADD (attention deficit disorder). from young, i have hyperfocused on things that catch my eye and don't stop until i finish them. if i leave it unpolished, it will always be a painful thorn in my side. [u]why an XXX?[/u] i'm irked by different colours, even if they're practically indiscernable. for example, a black/midnight/black G1 would not make me feel emotionally satisfied. it's an odd feeling to describe - like an itch you can't scratch. get what i'm saying? i hope you get what im saying :< [u]why a G1?[/u] G1 dragons are a 'clean slate' of sorts. again, i am irked by any sort of other traits such as offspring, parents, etc. i am a writer by heart and trade, so i always prefer no prerequisite backgrounds in order to refine and shape them into characters that i can truly call mine. and finally, my main motivation for doing this: i want to help myself be happy, and i want to help others to be happy. dragons have always been my interests since i was a small child, and i grew up drawing/imagining them. FR means a lot to me, both as a community and as a game. i've always thought of settling down one day to give back to FR, not having to care about profits and earnings, just playing for the sake of helping others and at my own leisure without having to constantly chase a goal. it's tiring, to say the least, when you have a goal in sight and you hyperfocus on it so furiously that the rest of the game's aspects are forgotten in the midst of striving to achieve it. by starting this quest, i hope to be able to stop constantly clawing my way up the metaphorical mountain and instead pause to help others below me once i finish it. ----- [b][u]III. GOALS[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76378948][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/763790/76378948_350.png[/img][/url] current progress (in increments of 1kg): - pure in vault: 115kg NEXT GOAL: COMPLETE! ;O; FINAL GOAL: 115kg (+7kg in partials) ----- [b][u]IV. HELP[/u][/b] as someone who is constantly discouraged by the sheer journey ahead, a simple 'you can do it!' or 'i believe in you!' is worth the world to me. even the tiniest form of affirmation will mean a lot; this quest is unprecedented for me in both size and scale. if you'd like to contribute to the quest, you can do so by: 1. checking out the hoard cleanout i have over [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/3070750]here[/url] - i sell things below LAH! 2. trading me gems for treasure at 1:1000! 3. donations - but please don't donate unless you can afford to and really want to. i am grateful enough that you're here reading this and accompanying me on my journey. ----- [b][u]V. THANKS[/u][/b] [u]GENERAL[/u] 1. @/Natron, always, for being so patient and kind with me! 2. @/cherrykitkat for being so nice to discuss with! 3. everyone who has bought something from my hoard cleanout! 4. everyone who is reading this! thank you <3 [u]DONATIONS/TIPS[/u] [center][b]treasure[/b][/center] 1. @/Kaydra - 50kt 2. @/naranciag - 10kt [center][b]gems[/b][/center] 1. @/seradis - 15g 2. @/Callistephus - 10g 3. @/3ctoplasm - 50g 4. @/raccqn - 35g [/center]
I. INTRODUCTION

hello!

i'm kawacy, but you can call me Tael :> and after sitting on this dream for more than five years, i'm finally going to take charge and act on it! my therapist would be proud of me !!

i am saving up for an XXX G1. i'm not sure how long this will take, but i will commit myself to saving for however long this goes on for. this has always been something i've dreamed of ever since starting in late 2015, and after years of talking myself down and telling myself i could never achieve something this big, i want to prove myself wrong.

II. PREFACE

why am i so obsessed with achieving this goal?

i am a person with both slight OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) and moderate to severe ADD (attention deficit disorder). from young, i have hyperfocused on things that catch my eye and don't stop until i finish them. if i leave it unpolished, it will always be a painful thorn in my side.

why an XXX? i'm irked by different colours, even if they're practically indiscernable. for example, a black/midnight/black G1 would not make me feel emotionally satisfied. it's an odd feeling to describe - like an itch you can't scratch. get what i'm saying? i hope you get what im saying :<

why a G1? G1 dragons are a 'clean slate' of sorts. again, i am irked by any sort of other traits such as offspring, parents, etc. i am a writer by heart and trade, so i always prefer no prerequisite backgrounds in order to refine and shape them into characters that i can truly call mine.

and finally, my main motivation for doing this: i want to help myself be happy, and i want to help others to be happy. dragons have always been my interests since i was a small child, and i grew up drawing/imagining them. FR means a lot to me, both as a community and as a game. i've always thought of settling down one day to give back to FR, not having to care about profits and earnings, just playing for the sake of helping others and at my own leisure without having to constantly chase a goal. it's tiring, to say the least, when you have a goal in sight and you hyperfocus on it so furiously that the rest of the game's aspects are forgotten in the midst of striving to achieve it. by starting this quest, i hope to be able to stop constantly clawing my way up the metaphorical mountain and instead pause to help others below me once i finish it.

III. GOALS

76378948_350.png

current progress (in increments of 1kg):

- pure in vault: 115kg
NEXT GOAL: COMPLETE! ;O;
FINAL GOAL: 115kg (+7kg in partials)

IV. HELP

as someone who is constantly discouraged by the sheer journey ahead, a simple 'you can do it!' or 'i believe in you!' is worth the world to me. even the tiniest form of affirmation will mean a lot; this quest is unprecedented for me in both size and scale.

if you'd like to contribute to the quest, you can do so by:

1. checking out the hoard cleanout i have over here - i sell things below LAH!
2. trading me gems for treasure at 1:1000!
3. donations - but please don't donate unless you can afford to and really want to. i am grateful enough that you're here reading this and accompanying me on my journey.

V. THANKS

GENERAL

1. @/Natron, always, for being so patient and kind with me!
2. @/cherrykitkat for being so nice to discuss with!
3. everyone who has bought something from my hoard cleanout!
4. everyone who is reading this! thank you <3

DONATIONS/TIPS
treasure
1. @/Kaydra - 50kt
2. @/naranciag - 10kt

gems
1. @/seradis - 15g
2. @/Callistephus - 10g
3. @/3ctoplasm - 50g
4. @/raccqn - 35g
7ntZZGM.png
Gjf5omr.png
VI. TIMELINE

29/10/2021 - began quest

29/10/2021 - hit 5kg milestone

30/10/2021 - quest thread made!

30/10/2021 - hit 10kg milestone

31/10/2021 - hit 15kg milestone

31/10/2021 - hit 20kg milestone

2/11/2021 - hit 25kg milestone

3/11/2021 - hit 30kg milestone

3/11/2021 - hit 35kg milestone

7/11/2021 - hit 40kg milestone

13/11/2021 - hit 45kg milestone

18/11/2021 - hit 50kg milestone

22/11/2021 - hit 55kg milestone

25/11/2021 - hit 60kg milestone

26/11/2021 - dragon in question sold

26/11/2021 - changed aim to non-specific XXX g1

3/3/2022 - roundsey XXX: i am looking respectfully

3/3/2022 - back down to 45kg

12/3/2022 - re-hit 50kg milestone

14/3/2022 - re-hit 55kg milestone

21/3/2022 - re-hit 60kg milestone

25/3/2022 - hit 65kg milestone

27/3/2022 - hit 70kg milestone

28/3/2022 - hit 75kg milestone

31/3/2022 - hit 80kg milestone

2/4/2022 - hit 85kg milestone

6/4/2022 - hit 90kg milestone

9/4/2022 - hit 95kg milestone

11/4/2022 - hit 100kg milestone

16/4/2022 - hit 105kg milestone

20/4/2022 - hit 110kg milestone

22/4/2022 - THE QUEST IS FINALLY OVER!!

VII. PINGLIST?

might have a pinglist here for milestone celebrations & stuff!

@/TheLocalCryptid @/choodle @/3ctoplasm @/RainbowDragons97 @/sardineparty
VI. TIMELINE

29/10/2021 - began quest

29/10/2021 - hit 5kg milestone

30/10/2021 - quest thread made!

30/10/2021 - hit 10kg milestone

31/10/2021 - hit 15kg milestone

31/10/2021 - hit 20kg milestone

2/11/2021 - hit 25kg milestone

3/11/2021 - hit 30kg milestone

3/11/2021 - hit 35kg milestone

7/11/2021 - hit 40kg milestone

13/11/2021 - hit 45kg milestone

18/11/2021 - hit 50kg milestone

22/11/2021 - hit 55kg milestone

25/11/2021 - hit 60kg milestone

26/11/2021 - dragon in question sold

26/11/2021 - changed aim to non-specific XXX g1

3/3/2022 - roundsey XXX: i am looking respectfully

3/3/2022 - back down to 45kg

12/3/2022 - re-hit 50kg milestone

14/3/2022 - re-hit 55kg milestone

21/3/2022 - re-hit 60kg milestone

25/3/2022 - hit 65kg milestone

27/3/2022 - hit 70kg milestone

28/3/2022 - hit 75kg milestone

31/3/2022 - hit 80kg milestone

2/4/2022 - hit 85kg milestone

6/4/2022 - hit 90kg milestone

9/4/2022 - hit 95kg milestone

11/4/2022 - hit 100kg milestone

16/4/2022 - hit 105kg milestone

20/4/2022 - hit 110kg milestone

22/4/2022 - THE QUEST IS FINALLY OVER!!

VII. PINGLIST?

might have a pinglist here for milestone celebrations & stuff!

@/TheLocalCryptid @/choodle @/3ctoplasm @/RainbowDragons97 @/sardineparty
7ntZZGM.png
Gjf5omr.png
@Natron you wanted to be pinged for the saving progression! <3 sorry if this bothers you!
@Natron you wanted to be pinged for the saving progression! <3 sorry if this bothers you!
7ntZZGM.png
Gjf5omr.png
Interested to see which dragon you're saving up for c:
Interested to see which dragon you're saving up for c:
74608095.png 67644545.png 66323483.png My Wishlist
Long Drop Coli
Aella Hatchery (Green dragons)
HFNgSxI.gif
This is so sweet ;a; good luck on your journey!!!
This is so sweet ;a; good luck on your journey!!!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@COparade it's this dragon, owned by Natron!

@Natron i am so grateful for your continuous support and hope to reciprocate it one day <3
@COparade it's this dragon, owned by Natron!

@Natron i am so grateful for your continuous support and hope to reciprocate it one day <3
7ntZZGM.png
Gjf5omr.png
me, in tears: hOuGHghkfgk you're gIvINg me moNEY-

I simply cannot not be grateful as I always freak out once someone's decided to pay me for something, real money or FR currency like this ;.; Like, you like my stuff?? Especially if it's my art, wooh.... But that's just the joking part here, I'm just very happy I could potentially allow someone to achieve their dream. I too am grateful for your interest and enthusiasm!
me, in tears: hOuGHghkfgk you're gIvINg me moNEY-

I simply cannot not be grateful as I always freak out once someone's decided to pay me for something, real money or FR currency like this ;.; Like, you like my stuff?? Especially if it's my art, wooh.... But that's just the joking part here, I'm just very happy I could potentially allow someone to achieve their dream. I too am grateful for your interest and enthusiasm!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron

your art is gorgeous help can u donate some talent

this quest is the first semblance of long-term commitment i've ever started on in my life ever - i saw your dragon and knew immediately that he was the one i wanted. and you have been so patient and understanding with me, even though i keep pinging and bothering you, so each word of encouragement from you means the universe to me and more. <3

(p.s. pls let me know if the pings are getting too much i'll stop i promise QAQ)
@Natron

your art is gorgeous help can u donate some talent

this quest is the first semblance of long-term commitment i've ever started on in my life ever - i saw your dragon and knew immediately that he was the one i wanted. and you have been so patient and understanding with me, even though i keep pinging and bothering you, so each word of encouragement from you means the universe to me and more. <3

(p.s. pls let me know if the pings are getting too much i'll stop i promise QAQ)
7ntZZGM.png
Gjf5omr.png
Thats a very pretty dragon! I remember seeing it a while back :)
I'll be stalking this thread from a distance :eyes:
Thats a very pretty dragon! I remember seeing it a while back :)
I'll be stalking this thread from a distance :eyes:
74608095.png 67644545.png 66323483.png My Wishlist
Long Drop Coli
Aella Hatchery (Green dragons)
HFNgSxI.gif
@COparade your support is everything to me, thank you so much! (^o^)/

on another note, we hit the 10kg goal!!!! :DDDD
@COparade your support is everything to me, thank you so much! (^o^)/

on another note, we hit the 10kg goal!!!! :DDDD
7ntZZGM.png
Gjf5omr.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10