Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Reader's Advisory - CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
(pinglist please!!) [b]Title:[/b] Shadowlands [b]Author:[/b] Kate Brian [b]Reason:[/b] You asked for a series? Here's a series that comes to mind: Shadowlands. It comprises of three books. The protagonist is a teenage girl who moves to an island town to gain protection from a serial killer. The island town seems to have a welcoming community of locals at first, but as we read on, we start to realise that this town really isn't what it seems to be... This series has lots of plot twists which is essential for a good mystery!! You'll definitely like this one [emoji=coatl winking size=1]
(pinglist please!!)

Title: Shadowlands
Author: Kate Brian
Reason: You asked for a series? Here's a series that comes to mind: Shadowlands. It comprises of three books. The protagonist is a teenage girl who moves to an island town to gain protection from a serial killer. The island town seems to have a welcoming community of locals at first, but as we read on, we start to realise that this town really isn't what it seems to be... This series has lots of plot twists which is essential for a good mystery!! You'll definitely like this one
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
Title: Murder is Binding

Author: Lorna Barrett

Reason:
This is a cozy mystery set in a small town starring an ordinary person. I read an enjoyed it several years ago. It's also part of a series, although I never got around to reading the later books. I think you'll enjoy the quirky setting of a small town with a variety of bookshops and appreciate the main character's pet cat.

Edit: Oh, and please add me to the ping list!
Title: Murder is Binding

Author: Lorna Barrett

Reason:
This is a cozy mystery set in a small town starring an ordinary person. I read an enjoyed it several years ago. It's also part of a series, although I never got around to reading the later books. I think you'll enjoy the quirky setting of a small town with a variety of bookshops and appreciate the main character's pet cat.

Edit: Oh, and please add me to the ping list!
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
please add me to the pinglist!
please add me to the pinglist!
–micah
–they/them
–fr +3
gk0Ty8n.png
Pinglist please! And also just to be sure, do recommendations that aren't translated to english count? I'm assuming not but i had to ask ^^;
Pinglist please! And also just to be sure, do recommendations that aren't translated to english count? I'm assuming not but i had to ask ^^;
1136473bo09ry2gpx.gif

Luciana ♥ She/Her ♥ FRT +5
Pinglist please! [columns][b]Seshat's recommendation for Sunday's Patron: [/b][br] "I think you'll like [b]Still Life[/b] by [b]Louise Penny[/b]. It's the first in a series that follows a small-town detective, so you'll get to spend some time with the town and its lovable cast of characters. The setting is cozy and atmospheric, and the story centers on the death of an artist, whose paintings play a role in unraveling the mystery." [nextcol][right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2356354][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/23564/2356354.png[/img] [/url][/right][/columns] Disclaimer: mystery isn't my usual wheelhouse so I had to phone a friend (my mom) for suggestions :D
Pinglist please!
Seshat's recommendation for Sunday's Patron:

"I think you'll like Still Life by Louise Penny. It's the first in a series that follows a small-town detective, so you'll get to spend some time with the town and its lovable cast of characters. The setting is cozy and atmospheric, and the story centers on the death of an artist, whose paintings play a role in unraveling the mystery."
Disclaimer: mystery isn't my usual wheelhouse so I had to phone a friend (my mom) for suggestions :D
T12.pngl6mtPEk.png98aej12.pngcbEt44U.pngcyrFFXk.pngo028-d03-Galactina.pngo028-d02-Galactina.pngo028-d01-Galactina.pngo388-d03-Galactina.pngo388-d02-Galactina.pngo388-d04-Galactina.pngo388-d05-Galactina.pngRcDdsyA.png
lG9UFR1.png
Title: The secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden Book 1)
Author: Kathryn Kenny
Reason: The Trixie Belden books are a wonderful series following a thirteen-year-old girl and her friends who solve various mysteries. They're really good – I liked them better than Nancy Drew – and, if I remember correctly, are set in at least a medium-sized town, if not a small town.
Title: The secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden Book 1)
Author: Kathryn Kenny
Reason: The Trixie Belden books are a wonderful series following a thirteen-year-old girl and her friends who solve various mysteries. They're really good – I liked them better than Nancy Drew – and, if I remember correctly, are set in at least a medium-sized town, if not a small town.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Our patron may enjoy The Lucky Paws Petsitting Series by Bethany Blake. The first book is about a petsitter who gets tied up in solving the murder of her sister's boyfriend to prove her sister's innocence with the help of her dogs. It includes recipes for dog treats!

Another option is the Booktown Mystery Series by Lorna Barrett, about a bookstore owner who keeps getting unwillingly tangled up in murder mysteries.
Our patron may enjoy The Lucky Paws Petsitting Series by Bethany Blake. The first book is about a petsitter who gets tied up in solving the murder of her sister's boyfriend to prove her sister's innocence with the help of her dogs. It includes recipes for dog treats!

Another option is the Booktown Mystery Series by Lorna Barrett, about a bookstore owner who keeps getting unwillingly tangled up in murder mysteries.
call me bug, ghost, or phantom! fr +4
P9aWhak.png
9YmzAZz.pngoq8LyLj.pngRep3FAu.png
event-sig-small-4.png
Cozy mystery? ......... Oh, have I got the one for you :D

Title: Murder with Peacocks

Author: Donna Andrews

Reason:

First in a series starring the character Meg Langslow, the amazing crazy family she's the only sensible member of, and the obligatory romantic interest (later spouse) who's her bastion of sanity. The characters make the story and the humor is what sets it apart from every other murder mystery I've read.

Meg is in her hometown for the summer to assist in three different weddings - her mother's, her brother's, and her best friend's. The string of murders are frankly just more chaos thrown into the mix that she really doesn't need, but family is implicated so she'll figure out what's going on to protect her crazy relatives from themselves. (Thank god for the hot new tailor in town who's willing to lend her a hand with everything and unfortunately, definitely, unsubstantiatedly gay.)

Daily pinglist for me please!
Cozy mystery? ......... Oh, have I got the one for you :D

Title: Murder with Peacocks

Author: Donna Andrews

Reason:

First in a series starring the character Meg Langslow, the amazing crazy family she's the only sensible member of, and the obligatory romantic interest (later spouse) who's her bastion of sanity. The characters make the story and the humor is what sets it apart from every other murder mystery I've read.

Meg is in her hometown for the summer to assist in three different weddings - her mother's, her brother's, and her best friend's. The string of murders are frankly just more chaos thrown into the mix that she really doesn't need, but family is implicated so she'll figure out what's going on to protect her crazy relatives from themselves. (Thank god for the hot new tailor in town who's willing to lend her a hand with everything and unfortunately, definitely, unsubstantiatedly gay.)

Daily pinglist for me please!
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Pinglist me too!

Stargazy Pie by Victoria Goddard
Jemis Greenwing returns to his village after a bad year away at college. He gets a job working at the local bookstore. He's not in the best lights with most of the town because of his father; now he is just waiting for his stepfather's will to be read. But in the meantime, what is the meaning of the pie that someone left at the town fountain?
And what is going on in the woods nearby?

I tend to read mostly sf and fantasy, this definitely falls into the fantasy camp, but also the mystery camp. My friend bugged me for a couple years to read this one; it's the start of a series, I have yet to get to the other books!
Pinglist me too!

Stargazy Pie by Victoria Goddard
Jemis Greenwing returns to his village after a bad year away at college. He gets a job working at the local bookstore. He's not in the best lights with most of the town because of his father; now he is just waiting for his stepfather's will to be read. But in the meantime, what is the meaning of the pie that someone left at the town fountain?
And what is going on in the woods nearby?

I tend to read mostly sf and fantasy, this definitely falls into the fantasy camp, but also the mystery camp. My friend bugged me for a couple years to read this one; it's the start of a series, I have yet to get to the other books!
@lusbiana For your main recommendation, please use an English-language book. But if you want to include extra non-English books feel free :)
@lusbiana For your main recommendation, please use an English-language book. But if you want to include extra non-English books feel free :)
PaI4dmB.pngseeeeeeeeeeekrit text no lookieNhUMtTB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23