Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Viridian Crystal CYOA
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 64 65
[right][font=corbel]@Celestriakle @dividedAnimus @Soulthreads @ulvesang [/right] [font=corbel][emoji=bamboo chute size=1] - [b]Searching Salvias[/b] ----- [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/400837/40083680.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/4mrY7DN/Pladge-48.png[/img] [item=rattle snake] [nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][font=corbel][ This first bit is a small catch-up of the previous day's RP, for my own personal accomplishment. ] Nosey and the gang had been a bit tired from the walk as they had met up with the two dragons from Bramblevale Village. He stuck around the back of the group, staying quiet and resting as the others discussed what they wanted to do. To him, the decision is an easy one: Simply trade the Elders for the crystal with Treasure and Gems. The memories and dragons he got to meet are the real treasure to Nosey. As everyone worked together, both to fish and trade, the day ended in good spirits. It made Nosey happy to see everyone part with smiles on their face and helped gain back the energy he needed to continue on with the quest. Not long after they entered the diseased land, Nosey watches in dismay as Freyr gets engulfed by the flower. Nosey almost goes for his dagger when he remembers back to the incident with the tree bridge and hesitates. After all, once something is cut, it is not so easily put back together again. Even if it could be put back together again, more often that not the object would be different than it had been before the cut. Nosey glances at everyone, noticing that none of them happened to be Ice dragons. Still, perhaps someone had an idea on how to freeze the plant. A frozen plant could still be thawed after, so they could still free Freyr while keeping the plant intact. "Ideas any be having to as freezing plant the helps to free Freyr?" Nosey asks the group?

- Searching Salvias

40083680.png

Pladge-48.png

Rattle Snake
__ [ This first bit is a small catch-up of the previous day's RP, for my own personal accomplishment. ]

Nosey and the gang had been a bit tired from the walk as they had met up with the two dragons from Bramblevale Village. He stuck around the back of the group, staying quiet and resting as the others discussed what they wanted to do. To him, the decision is an easy one: Simply trade the Elders for the crystal with Treasure and Gems. The memories and dragons he got to meet are the real treasure to Nosey.

As everyone worked together, both to fish and trade, the day ended in good spirits. It made Nosey happy to see everyone part with smiles on their face and helped gain back the energy he needed to continue on with the quest.

Not long after they entered the diseased land, Nosey watches in dismay as Freyr gets engulfed by the flower. Nosey almost goes for his dagger when he remembers back to the incident with the tree bridge and hesitates. After all, once something is cut, it is not so easily put back together again. Even if it could be put back together again, more often that not the object would be different than it had been before the cut. Nosey glances at everyone, noticing that none of them happened to be Ice dragons. Still, perhaps someone had an idea on how to freeze the plant. A frozen plant could still be thawed after, so they could still free Freyr while keeping the plant intact. "Ideas any be having to as freezing plant the helps to free Freyr?" Nosey asks the group?
GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
[s]My poor boy is never getting over this. XD[/s] @HSoup @Bxy26 @TigerLily009 @jessk [center][font=Arial][color=green][size=5][u][b]Peaceful Palmito[/b][/u][/font] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76757][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/768/76757_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] Askr wasn't really surprised that his teammates went ahead with a trade before he was ready - nothing to do with his opinion of them, but rather because he hadn't said anything about his idea! He ought to learn to speak up more for himself. He didn't want to rock the boat and cause an argument by putting in any kind of protest, so he fluttered over to stand beside Pacifica, who also didn't seem happy, while the Elders gave their ruling and offered them only a place to stay for the night. He wasn't really surprised, just disappointed - mostly in himself for saying nothing. It felt strange to leave the village the next day without a crystal, but at least with a compass and map they had a direction to walk in. However, the further they travelled the more disconcerted Askr became: the plants here were obviously diseased and he hoped they would be able to fix them. As a gardener, he hated to see plantlife so obviously struggling. However, as they reached the site of the temple, he spotted an unexpectedly beautiful flower rising up out of the ground. He fluttered closer for a better look. "Look," he said, turning towards his team and doing his best to raise his voice to draw their attention. "Th-this flower - amazing that something so lovely can e-exist in all this blight, isn't it?" "Quick Askr, move!" they shouted. He frowned and started to turn, but before he could see anything he was grabbed and dragged into a tight, dark space. For a moment, he was unable to do anything expect struggle in his new prison - he was so shocked he couldn't even to scream! But he could still just hear his new friends shouting outside. They wouldn't abandon him. Eridanus's voice was closer than the others, saying something about - cutting? "Yes!" Askr sobbed. He had no idea if they could hear him or not. "Cut me out! Please! Help!"
My poor boy is never getting over this. XD

@HSoup @Bxy26 @TigerLily009 @jessk
Peaceful Palmito

76757_350.png

Askr wasn't really surprised that his teammates went ahead with a trade before he was ready - nothing to do with his opinion of them, but rather because he hadn't said anything about his idea! He ought to learn to speak up more for himself. He didn't want to rock the boat and cause an argument by putting in any kind of protest, so he fluttered over to stand beside Pacifica, who also didn't seem happy, while the Elders gave their ruling and offered them only a place to stay for the night. He wasn't really surprised, just disappointed - mostly in himself for saying nothing.

It felt strange to leave the village the next day without a crystal, but at least with a compass and map they had a direction to walk in. However, the further they travelled the more disconcerted Askr became: the plants here were obviously diseased and he hoped they would be able to fix them. As a gardener, he hated to see plantlife so obviously struggling.

However, as they reached the site of the temple, he spotted an unexpectedly beautiful flower rising up out of the ground. He fluttered closer for a better look.

"Look," he said, turning towards his team and doing his best to raise his voice to draw their attention. "Th-this flower - amazing that something so lovely can e-exist in all this blight, isn't it?"

"Quick Askr, move!" they shouted. He frowned and started to turn, but before he could see anything he was grabbed and dragged into a tight, dark space.

For a moment, he was unable to do anything expect struggle in his new prison - he was so shocked he couldn't even to scream! But he could still just hear his new friends shouting outside. They wouldn't abandon him. Eridanus's voice was closer than the others, saying something about - cutting?

"Yes!" Askr sobbed. He had no idea if they could hear him or not. "Cut me out! Please! Help!"
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Heart @/Goldia @tigressRising @FishingNet @kiwipen

Valiant Vibernum

Nilam watched in horror as a plant 'swallowed' the Coatl hatchling. In that moment, he realised that he had, in fact, become quite fond of the young dragon's antics and determined he would do whatever he could to rescue him. Hearing muffled shouts from within the plant he was assured there was some time, but felt he'd better act quickly. As a Nature dragon, he had no elemental powers like fire or ice, so he decided that on this occasion, his knife was his best choice.

Hang in there Dio, we'll get you out!!
@Heart @/Goldia @tigressRising @FishingNet @kiwipen

Valiant Vibernum

Nilam watched in horror as a plant 'swallowed' the Coatl hatchling. In that moment, he realised that he had, in fact, become quite fond of the young dragon's antics and determined he would do whatever he could to rescue him. Hearing muffled shouts from within the plant he was assured there was some time, but felt he'd better act quickly. As a Nature dragon, he had no elemental powers like fire or ice, so he decided that on this occasion, his knife was his best choice.

Hang in there Dio, we'll get you out!!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Heart haha, all good. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the lore I have done!!

It really is interesting isn't it?! Some of the breeds I just look at and don't understand why anyone would want one and others I don't understand why people don't like them. One thing this site does is get people to realise how diverse we all are - how we interpret the same things differently (whether like this, or because we have to think harder about how to word things so they aren't misinterpreted by people from different backgrounds/languages). I really like the idea that there's people out there that are more aware of the world around them, and the people in it, because they've met me (and everyone else) here. A little understanding goes a long way!

Anyway, philosophising over, time to get on with my Friday night!! (yes, my work week is done - I'm FR+15!)
@Heart haha, all good. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the lore I have done!!

It really is interesting isn't it?! Some of the breeds I just look at and don't understand why anyone would want one and others I don't understand why people don't like them. One thing this site does is get people to realise how diverse we all are - how we interpret the same things differently (whether like this, or because we have to think harder about how to word things so they aren't misinterpreted by people from different backgrounds/languages). I really like the idea that there's people out there that are more aware of the world around them, and the people in it, because they've met me (and everyone else) here. A little understanding goes a long way!

Anyway, philosophising over, time to get on with my Friday night!! (yes, my work week is done - I'm FR+15!)
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[center][size=4][b]SEARCHING SALVIAS[/b][/size] @Celestriakle @Katsuji @Soulthreads @dividedAnimus[/center] [rule] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=67630521][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/676306/67630521.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] Cynara knew the diseased lands will probably not be easy to get through, but nothing prepared her for witnessing one of their companions get gobbled up by a plant. She gasps in terror, taking a few steps forward reflexively, hoping to be able to grab Freyr and pull him back, but then a few steps away realizing it already happened and she doesn't know what to do. The wildclaw notices Nosey instinctively almost going for his dagger but then not doing it - and does she understand the hesitation well, after their last attempt of resolving an issue by using a sharp object did not go well. Cynara feels hesitant and unsure as well, and flops to the ground at a loss, trying to see if she could think of [i]anything[/i]. Cynara hears Nosey's suggestion of freezing the plant, and wonders. She can't do magic, Nosey and Delta seem more like the weaponry-using kind of dragons, maybe Avicenna? But then would magic be the way to go anyway? Where the previous situations felt like one option, in the end, involved less harm than the other (or none at all), in this case it seemed like either way the plant would suffer. The wildclaw is almost tempted to go for the dagger solution anyway - but maybe there's a slim chance the plant would survive a temporary freeze? Cutting it would definitely kill it, but perhaps with some freezing magic, they'd be able to save Freyr without too much harm to either of them.

67630521.png Cynara knew the diseased lands will probably not be easy to get through, but nothing prepared her for witnessing one of their companions get gobbled up by a plant. She gasps in terror, taking a few steps forward reflexively, hoping to be able to grab Freyr and pull him back, but then a few steps away realizing it already happened and she doesn't know what to do.

The wildclaw notices Nosey instinctively almost going for his dagger but then not doing it - and does she understand the hesitation well, after their last attempt of resolving an issue by using a sharp object did not go well. Cynara feels hesitant and unsure as well, and flops to the ground at a loss, trying to see if she could think of anything.

Cynara hears Nosey's suggestion of freezing the plant, and wonders. She can't do magic, Nosey and Delta seem more like the weaponry-using kind of dragons, maybe Avicenna? But then would magic be the way to go anyway? Where the previous situations felt like one option, in the end, involved less harm than the other (or none at all), in this case it seemed like either way the plant would suffer.

The wildclaw is almost tempted to go for the dagger solution anyway - but maybe there's a slim chance the plant would survive a temporary freeze? Cutting it would definitely kill it, but perhaps with some freezing magic, they'd be able to save Freyr without too much harm to either of them.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png
- bek
- they / ae; 25
- FRT +10
[center][b]Amiable Aloe[/b] [size=2]@gravitycon @jbapple @EliWondercat @KaichouKai[/size][/center] "Does anyone know how we could freeze this plant?" she looked around the group. None of them were an ice dragon but maybe? She had a knife in her bag but she didn't like hurting creatures, even when they were plants and so far a peaceful approach worked to their advantage. But if she had to she'll use it. Can't let this flower eat one of her friends! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35705106][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/357052/35705106_350.png[/img][/url][/center]

"Does anyone know how we could freeze this plant?" she looked around the group. None of them were an ice dragon but maybe? She had a knife in her bag but she didn't like hurting creatures, even when they were plants and so far a peaceful approach worked to their advantage. But if she had to she'll use it. Can't let this flower eat one of her friends!
35705106_350.png
kI7B1wB.png
webp_net_gifmaker_by_cxndy_lace-dbe956u.gif

FR time +9 | >Instagram
@Snek @ghostingskies @StormDragon21 @sockmonkeygerald [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24270905][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/242710/24270905_350.png[/img][/url] What starts off as "one small favour" turns into a full-blown, all out fishing competition! Each dragon takes to the nearby streams with a ferocity the local fishes had never before witnessed (and likely never would again). While Akebia takes advantage of her large size to scoop entire armfuls of fish, Gymma and Aria dart above the water like birds of prey, and Gumshoe builds a little fish trap with the slightly-less-precious sticks and leaves of his precious treasure collection. As the fish baskets fill with fishes of all sizes, even the village fishermen - joined by Dusk - eventually stop to watch. As the competition draws to a close, each competitor's basket is so full it takes some assistance from the larger dragons to hoist the haul back to the village for weighing. Everyone waits with bated breath as the baskets are compared, and checked, before the self-appointed fisherman acting as judge finally turns to the crowd, announcing: "The winner is... Gumshoe!" Gumshoe is understandably gobsmacked - who knew he'd be this good? Gymma laughs and says good-naturedly, "I'll do you one better next time!" After some minor celebrations, the fish is traded for the crystal, and all in the village gather 'round for a fantastically fishy feast that evening. ([url=https://i.imgur.com/yXb9YxX.png]we rolled a 5[/url] - Gumshoe is the winner! He will be bringing home a bountiful fishnet full of tiny red fishes, leftover from the offering~ thanks for joining in, you guys!) [center][item=rosy similis][/center] ----- Gymma watches in shock as Gumshoe disappears into the flower before any of them can react. What in Glademomma's name was that? Her thoughts flew into a panicked frenzy - what if we claw it open? Is it poisonous? Will we hurt him by accident? How could I let this happen, damnit! As Dusk steps forward, Gymma shakes herself out of her panic for long enough to step out of the way. With how they'd failed to retrieve the crystal from the trunk last time... she shuddered to think of the consequences if they were to fail again. She takes a slow, calming breath to steady her nerves, before she speaks: "Dusk, we're counting on you. We'll help however we can. Let's get him out!"
@Snek @ghostingskies @StormDragon21 @sockmonkeygerald

24270905_350.png

What starts off as "one small favour" turns into a full-blown, all out fishing competition! Each dragon takes to the nearby streams with a ferocity the local fishes had never before witnessed (and likely never would again). While Akebia takes advantage of her large size to scoop entire armfuls of fish, Gymma and Aria dart above the water like birds of prey, and Gumshoe builds a little fish trap with the slightly-less-precious sticks and leaves of his precious treasure collection. As the fish baskets fill with fishes of all sizes, even the village fishermen - joined by Dusk - eventually stop to watch.

As the competition draws to a close, each competitor's basket is so full it takes some assistance from the larger dragons to hoist the haul back to the village for weighing. Everyone waits with bated breath as the baskets are compared, and checked, before the self-appointed fisherman acting as judge finally turns to the crowd, announcing:

"The winner is... Gumshoe!"

Gumshoe is understandably gobsmacked - who knew he'd be this good? Gymma laughs and says good-naturedly, "I'll do you one better next time!" After some minor celebrations, the fish is traded for the crystal, and all in the village gather 'round for a fantastically fishy feast that evening.

(we rolled a 5 - Gumshoe is the winner! He will be bringing home a bountiful fishnet full of tiny red fishes, leftover from the offering~ thanks for joining in, you guys!)
Rosy Similis

Gymma watches in shock as Gumshoe disappears into the flower before any of them can react. What in Glademomma's name was that? Her thoughts flew into a panicked frenzy - what if we claw it open? Is it poisonous? Will we hurt him by accident? How could I let this happen, damnit!

As Dusk steps forward, Gymma shakes herself out of her panic for long enough to step out of the way. With how they'd failed to retrieve the crystal from the trunk last time... she shuddered to think of the consequences if they were to fail again. She takes a slow, calming breath to steady her nerves, before she speaks: "Dusk, we're counting on you. We'll help however we can. Let's get him out!"
pwsCeXk.png FR time +15
(Woohoo Gumshoe, fishing aficionado! He must've learned how to do it better than he thought :D) [rule] @Snek @ghostingskies @StormDragon21 @RikaSigma [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43886821][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/438869/43886821_350.png[/img][/url] Gumshoe was just admiring the giant flower. Gumshoe was [i]just admiring the giant flower[/i] and then it was [i]moving[/i] and he was popped into a too-small bag like unruly luggage with no room to turn or [i]breathe[/i] or-- Gumshoe struggled harder, every muscle trying to thrash, claws raking blindly for a way out [i]out OUT[/i] and barely moving at all. He wanted out! This was not fun he didn't want to be eaten he needed air he [i]WANTED OUT![/i]
(Woohoo Gumshoe, fishing aficionado! He must've learned how to do it better than he thought :D)

@Snek @ghostingskies @StormDragon21 @RikaSigma
43886821_350.png

Gumshoe was just admiring the giant flower. Gumshoe was just admiring the giant flower and then it was moving and he was popped into a too-small bag like unruly luggage with no room to turn or breathe or--

Gumshoe struggled harder, every muscle trying to thrash, claws raking blindly for a way out out OUT and barely moving at all. He wanted out! This was not fun he didn't want to be eaten he needed air he WANTED OUT!
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@Mandragorum

Thank you for your kind words! Yesterday I felt truly dreadful but so it was a little less catered for but hopefully today...fingers crossed. I have to say this is definitely the limit of people playing though if you also have a job...!
@Mandragorum

Thank you for your kind words! Yesterday I felt truly dreadful but so it was a little less catered for but hopefully today...fingers crossed. I have to say this is definitely the limit of people playing though if you also have a job...!
mWb40Sz.png ° Loreka :: FR +8
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
@InfinitiFlight @Ghoulio @tues @Wildclaw101 [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/591277/59127665p.png[/img][nextcol]Clavelina opened her bag, determined to find something to trade for the crystal. Holding it upside down, from it fell some bugs (both dead and alive), art supplies, a bunch of flowers, glitter, some pages from her sketchbook, and a small pouch of treasure and gems. She proudly presented this collection to the elders, and asked them to make their pick.[/columns] Later, walking trough the forest, she didn't know where to land her eyes. Her attention kept darting between the strange plants and the crystal, trying to take it all in. "Oh. That one's pretty." She said when her paw brushed against a flower. She reached for her sketchbook, and while she wasn't looking, the plant swallowed her whole. From inside, she heard the shouts of her fellow teammates. "Try to freeze it!" Tiene shouted. [i]Freeze it? How am I supposed to- Oh right. I almost forgot.[/i] After living in Arcane for so long, the fae had fallen out of practice with her Ice magic. Still, it was worth a try. Focusing on her magic, Clavelina counted to three, and tried to freeze the flower.
@InfinitiFlight @Ghoulio @tues @Wildclaw101

59127665p.png Clavelina opened her bag, determined to find something to trade for the crystal. Holding it upside down, from it fell some bugs (both dead and alive), art supplies, a bunch of flowers, glitter, some pages from her sketchbook, and a small pouch of treasure and gems. She proudly presented this collection to the elders, and asked them to make their pick.

Later, walking trough the forest, she didn't know where to land her eyes. Her attention kept darting between the strange plants and the crystal, trying to take it all in. "Oh. That one's pretty." She said when her paw brushed against a flower. She reached for her sketchbook, and while she wasn't looking, the plant swallowed her whole.

From inside, she heard the shouts of her fellow teammates. "Try to freeze it!" Tiene shouted. Freeze it? How am I supposed to- Oh right. I almost forgot. After living in Arcane for so long, the fae had fallen out of practice with her Ice magic. Still, it was worth a try. Focusing on her magic, Clavelina counted to three, and tried to freeze the flower.
1136473bo09ry2gpx.gif

Luciana ♥ She/Her ♥ FRT +5
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 64 65