Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Viral Circus-100 Hatchlings!!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@Lendri This is so fun! Can I offer you one of my boys? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77024795][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/770248/77024795_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76807435][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/768075/76807435_350.png[/img][/url]
@Lendri

This is so fun! Can I offer you one of my boys?

77024795_350.png

76807435_350.png
@DravenSparrow All your boys on offer are lovely, but I think Viscosity will make the prettiest babies with Mirsa! I'll add him to the list :)

@LilPepperSpray I'd love to use Silverlight! I'll add him as well, thank you!
@DravenSparrow All your boys on offer are lovely, but I think Viscosity will make the prettiest babies with Mirsa! I'll add him to the list :)

@LilPepperSpray I'd love to use Silverlight! I'll add him as well, thank you!
The Viral Circus- a 100 Hatchling Challenge!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3082683#post_3082683][img]https://i.imgur.com/HZU9zNv.png[/img][/url][/center]
HZU9zNv.png
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
"What's this one?" Tanzanite felt a light tap on his forearm and looked down at his son speaking around a mouthful of starfish. "Starfish," the obelisk said, gently extracting the sea creature from his son's hold. "They like to live on the rocks." "Starfish," the little tundra repeated to himself before he bounded back toward the tidepools. A moment later, Tanzanite leaped forward and yanked the hatchling by the tail away from the pool the dragonet had been about to leap into. The little one squawked in outrage at the pull. A huge gush of sea water exploded right where the hatchling had just been. "Pfft," The little one's sister snorted, tossing her head at her brother's foolhardiness. She returned to her intense observation of the odd underwater creature her father had called an anemone. "Careful," Tanzanite chided, "the ocean can be dangerous. Stay close," he added, placing himself protectively between his child and the larger tidepools. Looking out toward the horizon, Tanzanite sighed lightly. The teal waves beckoned with their rhythmic dance, reminding him of how long he'd been away from the sea proper. The laughing and splashes of the other members of the troupe nearer to shore drifted toward him on the breeze. A circus beside the seashore invited a rare day of play and delight among the waves for crew and performers alike. Most of them were sticking close to shore, but several of the braver ones had ventured out into the waves of the ocean proper. One [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65496833]tundra[/url], Tanzanite recalled being introduced to her as Mirsa's sister, was frolicking in the waves with her familiar, a strikingly colored spiney whale. Their play had attracted the attention of both hatchlings, who sat rapt watching their aunt balance atop the whale's large back as the familiar glided powerfully through the water. Tanzanite, also entranced by the aquatic ballet, suddenly grinned, a somewhat rare expression for the rather laconic dragon. "Want to go for a swim, too?" He asked his children. They both leaped up in joyful agreement. He crouched down, helping them onto his back. "Hang on," he said, before springing lightly across the tide pool rocks. With a graceful leap, he landed in the water like a seabird, mindful of his small passengers. He paddled about as his two little ones laughed in delight, pretending that they too were riding atop a large spiney whale. As the sun began to drift lower into the sky, most of the other dragons began seeking the shore, but Tanzanite and his hatchlings still played avidly among the waves, their laughter sparkling on the water like the orangey sunlight. [rule] Bartok, male [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77602312][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/776024/77602312_350.png[/img][/url] Izzy, female [b]ADOPTED[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77602313][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/776024/77602313_350.png[/img][/url] Babies are here! @berrybbtr loaned the boy, so they get first choice if they want anyone. Two little purples! :) @Mondschatten @Trickilicky @PlanetariumPixel @KingVulture @milesss @Jayfeather88 @Fouguri @Axqu @Meadbnb @Fantivity @berrybbtr @Wufflesnuff @Strangeflesh @DragonRule @BlueEternity @alleyes @SilverInky @dokidokibunni
"What's this one?" Tanzanite felt a light tap on his forearm and looked down at his son speaking around a mouthful of starfish.

"Starfish," the obelisk said, gently extracting the sea creature from his son's hold. "They like to live on the rocks."

"Starfish," the little tundra repeated to himself before he bounded back toward the tidepools. A moment later, Tanzanite leaped forward and yanked the hatchling by the tail away from the pool the dragonet had been about to leap into. The little one squawked in outrage at the pull. A huge gush of sea water exploded right where the hatchling had just been.

"Pfft," The little one's sister snorted, tossing her head at her brother's foolhardiness. She returned to her intense observation of the odd underwater creature her father had called an anemone.

"Careful," Tanzanite chided, "the ocean can be dangerous. Stay close," he added, placing himself protectively between his child and the larger tidepools. Looking out toward the horizon, Tanzanite sighed lightly. The teal waves beckoned with their rhythmic dance, reminding him of how long he'd been away from the sea proper. The laughing and splashes of the other members of the troupe nearer to shore drifted toward him on the breeze. A circus beside the seashore invited a rare day of play and delight among the waves for crew and performers alike. Most of them were sticking close to shore, but several of the braver ones had ventured out into the waves of the ocean proper.

One tundra, Tanzanite recalled being introduced to her as Mirsa's sister, was frolicking in the waves with her familiar, a strikingly colored spiney whale. Their play had attracted the attention of both hatchlings, who sat rapt watching their aunt balance atop the whale's large back as the familiar glided powerfully through the water.

Tanzanite, also entranced by the aquatic ballet, suddenly grinned, a somewhat rare expression for the rather laconic dragon. "Want to go for a swim, too?" He asked his children. They both leaped up in joyful agreement. He crouched down, helping them onto his back. "Hang on," he said, before springing lightly across the tide pool rocks. With a graceful leap, he landed in the water like a seabird, mindful of his small passengers. He paddled about as his two little ones laughed in delight, pretending that they too were riding atop a large spiney whale.

As the sun began to drift lower into the sky, most of the other dragons began seeking the shore, but Tanzanite and his hatchlings still played avidly among the waves, their laughter sparkling on the water like the orangey sunlight.

Bartok, male
77602312_350.png

Izzy, female ADOPTED
77602313_350.png

Babies are here! @berrybbtr loaned the boy, so they get first choice if they want anyone. Two little purples! :)

@Mondschatten @Trickilicky @PlanetariumPixel @KingVulture @milesss @Jayfeather88 @Fouguri @Axqu @Meadbnb @Fantivity @berrybbtr @Wufflesnuff @Strangeflesh @DragonRule @BlueEternity @alleyes @SilverInky @dokidokibunni
@Lendri
Aw man they're both so cute! I love Tanzanite playing with his little hatchlings it's adorable. And Bartok being so eager and excited :D. I'd love to take Izzy home (and maybe join the family troupe lol)
@Lendri
Aw man they're both so cute! I love Tanzanite playing with his little hatchlings it's adorable. And Bartok being so eager and excited :D. I'd love to take Izzy home (and maybe join the family troupe lol)
Check out my alphabet challenge
DX3f5.gifu6fMF.gifPE5Uc.gif
@berrybbtr You got it! She's on her way! :) Thanks again for loaning me your boy, he was wonderful!
@berrybbtr You got it! She's on her way! :) Thanks again for loaning me your boy, he was wonderful!
In all his various travels, Giga had never met a group of dragons quite like those that populated the Blacktoe Circus. A more welcoming group he couldn’t imagine, to be sure. The moment he had stumbled upon their caravans and requested a drink of water, he’d been shuttled inside and told to rest and cool himself down as much as he needed. And then he’d just…stayed on for a time. Fascinated to see where the circus went, he hadn’t even had to request to stay. They all seemed readily accepting of new folk, as though dragons came and went all the time. Well, he supposed with amusement, dragons did come and go all the time. He hadn’t expected such undemanding friendliness, and it certainly inspired him to pass it forward in future travels. He also hadn’t expected to become infatuated with one of the troupe members to the point that he found himself presiding over a nest of rambunctious hatchlings of his own making. And yet here he was, doing just that, and he found himself the happiest he’d ever been. “Turn again! Again!” His little daughters and son demanded as they peered up at him. Giga obediently turned around, his deep red hide glittering with hidden stars and galaxies. The three babies stared saucer-eyed in wonder, their tails quivering as they tried to decide whether to pounce on the shining, moving sky. “You’re stars,” his little son piped, reaching out to gently touch Giga’s side. “Like at night time, but walking around.” “How are you stars?” One of his daughters demanded, her head tilted in anticipation of an answer. “Stars are stars. Dragons are dragons. Dragons are [i]not[/i] stars.” “I’m only stars sometimes,” Giga confided, getting down on a level with his hatchlings. He had realized early on that while honesty was certainly important, part of fatherhood involved a certain level of playful inventive storytelling. Sometimes it was far more easily grasped than truths learned later in life. “Other times I’m a dragon, because it’s quite fun to be a dragon down here on the ground. It’s where I get to meet other dragons. There aren’t a lot of stars that like to have conversations. Or play games.” The hatchlings looked scandalized at this. “So when I get bored, I come down and do dragon things. When I need to, I go back to rest in the sky.” “Could we go with you?” His other daughter asked. “No, I’m afraid not. It’s a long trip, and you’re still very little. It’s also very very cold in the stars. Think of the coldest day you’ve ever known.” He smiled to himself, it was still summer. “It’s a million times colder than that.” “Oh,” she said with disappointment clear in her voice. “I guess we can’t, then.” [i][/i] “You’re made for this world, little love,” Giga said consolingly. “To run and play and have friends. You can look up at the stars every night and talk to them. And who knows? Maybe like me there are stars that are bored and will want to come down and be like you, a dragon. It’s much more fun to be a dragon,” he added. “You can run, and play, and eat your favorite flowers.” He smiled to see her brighten again. “There you are,” he said delightedly. “Stars may look bright and exciting, but really, it’s so much better down here.” After that he was pelted with questions and suppositions on life as “stars”. When did he first decide to become a dragon? What did stars do all day? [i]Was[/i] there daytime for stars? Would he have to go away and be stars again soon? This last had him nod solemnly. “One day, I must return to the sky to rest a bit before becoming a dragon again. But I will be out there,” he looked from each one to the next. “If you look up, I’ll be out there and I’ll be able to hear and see you, if you need me. Don’t forget, the stars are your friends, little ones.” They all nodded agreeably to this. Looking skyward himself, Giga gathered his hatchlings up and headed to the cookhouse tent with them. [rule] Babies are here! Since @KrypticKreature lent me the boy, they get first pick of any babies! @Mondschatten @Trickilicky @PlanetariumPixel @KingVulture @milesss @Jayfeather88 @Fouguri @Axqu @Meadbnb @Fantivity @berrybbtr @Wufflesnuff @Strangeflesh @DragonRule @BlueEternity @alleyes @SilverInky @dokidokibunni Ariadne, female [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77996214][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/779963/77996214_350.png[/img][/url] Helene, female [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77996215][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/779963/77996215_350.png[/img][/url] Barrigan, male [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77996216][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/779963/77996216_350.png[/img][/url]
In all his various travels, Giga had never met a group of dragons quite like those that populated the Blacktoe Circus. A more welcoming group he couldn’t imagine, to be sure. The moment he had stumbled upon their caravans and requested a drink of water, he’d been shuttled inside and told to rest and cool himself down as much as he needed. And then he’d just…stayed on for a time. Fascinated to see where the circus went, he hadn’t even had to request to stay. They all seemed readily accepting of new folk, as though dragons came and went all the time. Well, he supposed with amusement, dragons did come and go all the time.

He hadn’t expected such undemanding friendliness, and it certainly inspired him to pass it forward in future travels. He also hadn’t expected to become infatuated with one of the troupe members to the point that he found himself presiding over a nest of rambunctious hatchlings of his own making. And yet here he was, doing just that, and he found himself the happiest he’d ever been.

“Turn again! Again!” His little daughters and son demanded as they peered up at him. Giga obediently turned around, his deep red hide glittering with hidden stars and galaxies. The three babies stared saucer-eyed in wonder, their tails quivering as they tried to decide whether to pounce on the shining, moving sky. “You’re stars,” his little son piped, reaching out to gently touch Giga’s side. “Like at night time, but walking around.”

“How are you stars?” One of his daughters demanded, her head tilted in anticipation of an answer. “Stars are stars. Dragons are dragons. Dragons are not stars.”

“I’m only stars sometimes,” Giga confided, getting down on a level with his hatchlings. He had realized early on that while honesty was certainly important, part of fatherhood involved a certain level of playful inventive storytelling. Sometimes it was far more easily grasped than truths learned later in life. “Other times I’m a dragon, because it’s quite fun to be a dragon down here on the ground. It’s where I get to meet other dragons. There aren’t a lot of stars that like to have conversations. Or play games.” The hatchlings looked scandalized at this. “So when I get bored, I come down and do dragon things. When I need to, I go back to rest in the sky.”

“Could we go with you?” His other daughter asked.

“No, I’m afraid not. It’s a long trip, and you’re still very little. It’s also very very cold in the stars. Think of the coldest day you’ve ever known.” He smiled to himself, it was still summer. “It’s a million times colder than that.”

“Oh,” she said with disappointment clear in her voice. “I guess we can’t, then.”

“You’re made for this world, little love,” Giga said consolingly. “To run and play and have friends. You can look up at the stars every night and talk to them. And who knows? Maybe like me there are stars that are bored and will want to come down and be like you, a dragon. It’s much more fun to be a dragon,” he added. “You can run, and play, and eat your favorite flowers.” He smiled to see her brighten again. “There you are,” he said delightedly. “Stars may look bright and exciting, but really, it’s so much better down here.”

After that he was pelted with questions and suppositions on life as “stars”. When did he first decide to become a dragon? What did stars do all day? Was there daytime for stars? Would he have to go away and be stars again soon?

This last had him nod solemnly. “One day, I must return to the sky to rest a bit before becoming a dragon again. But I will be out there,” he looked from each one to the next. “If you look up, I’ll be out there and I’ll be able to hear and see you, if you need me. Don’t forget, the stars are your friends, little ones.” They all nodded agreeably to this. Looking skyward himself, Giga gathered his hatchlings up and headed to the cookhouse tent with them.

Babies are here! Since @KrypticKreature lent me the boy, they get first pick of any babies!

@Mondschatten @Trickilicky @PlanetariumPixel @KingVulture @milesss @Jayfeather88 @Fouguri @Axqu @Meadbnb @Fantivity @berrybbtr @Wufflesnuff @Strangeflesh @DragonRule @BlueEternity @alleyes @SilverInky @dokidokibunni

Ariadne, female
77996214_350.png

Helene, female
77996215_350.png

Barrigan, male
77996216_350.png
@Lendri Sorry, missed the ping! But I'd love to take Barrigan home :)
@Lendri Sorry, missed the ping! But I'd love to take Barrigan home :)
Artshop_Commission_2.png
@Lendri can i please have Pangar?
@Lendri can i please have Pangar?
JKIdNaT.png
@SugXrWormz You got it! He's on his way to you! :)
@SugXrWormz You got it! He's on his way to you! :)
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23