Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Aftermath
1 2 3 4
[center][b]Day 5: Material[/b] [item=Woven Cloth][/center] okay I have seen the error of Pinkerton Glitch, cloth is a Material Lore time!! And time for Fallout to meet some People :) ----- Well... he only got to step out a couple steps before a blade was at his neck. "And who th' hell are [i]you[/i]?" Fallout inhaled, looking over towards the holder of the blade- only to see two things at once. Firstly, the owner of the blade is actually a Fae in armor -how did he get so close without making noise- and secondly: the blade is actually a shovel. Must be very sharpened then, what with the way it was currently pushed against his windpipe. Well then, he's just gonna have to be confident when he talks. The Fae knows nothing about him, maybe intimidation will work out? "I- I'm- just came from the vault... I'm Fallout?" Well, scratch that off the list. "Yeah, but how'd ya get in? These Vaults you can't just waltz your way in..." The Fae put more pressure, and Fallout found himself taking shorter, quicker breaths just to keep air flowing. He didn't have much else he could say- hell, he's been awake for what? Two hours, maybe 3? And already he's gonna get killed?? Dangit! "Rodo, hold on-!" A voice called from the side, and Fallout glanced over to see a robed...Nocturne? -He guessed it was a Nocturne, the shape looks right- zooming over, standing in front of the Skydancer. "You're different... you don't have dust, and you look [i]real[/i] confused." Then the Noc looked to the Fae, gesturing with their claws quickly. "Rodo, put the shovel away, I think this dragon came FROM the Vault! I bet he's a Dweller!" The Fae paused, then stared incredulously at the Noc. "A Dweller? Then where's the others? These Vaults weren't made jus' for one dragon, much less a dragon who..." The Fae glanced at Fallout, then back to the Noc. "..doesn't seem to hold much worth." Did this dude just say he's POOR???? Nevermind that, time to explain. "There are others- but they aren't alive- well- not anymore, they haven't been alive for a while- uh..." Fallout took a step back, relieved that the Fae slowly put his shovel down to a more passive stance. "You can follow me! I can show you where the bodies are- uh- I don't have much.... I'm just confused.." The Fae and Noc seemed to glance at each other, before focusing back in. "Alright [i]Fallout[/i], you lead. If what you say is true, then nothing happens. If you're lying in any way..." They held the shovel up. "Your neck is easy access." Fallout swallowed thickly at that, before nodding. "...uh..what's your names..?" The Noc spoke up quickly. "I'm Blair, and m' friend is Rodomont!" "..okay.." With that, Fallout lead them to the stairs.
Day 5: Material
Woven Cloth

okay I have seen the error of Pinkerton Glitch, cloth is a Material

Lore time!! And time for Fallout to meet some People :)

Well... he only got to step out a couple steps before a blade was at his neck. "And who th' hell are you?" Fallout inhaled, looking over towards the holder of the blade- only to see two things at once.

Firstly, the owner of the blade is actually a Fae in armor -how did he get so close without making noise- and secondly: the blade is actually a shovel. Must be very sharpened then, what with the way it was currently pushed against his windpipe.

Well then, he's just gonna have to be confident when he talks. The Fae knows nothing about him, maybe intimidation will work out?

"I- I'm- just came from the vault... I'm Fallout?"

Well, scratch that off the list.

"Yeah, but how'd ya get in? These Vaults you can't just waltz your way in..." The Fae put more pressure, and Fallout found himself taking shorter, quicker breaths just to keep air flowing. He didn't have much else he could say- hell, he's been awake for what? Two hours, maybe 3? And already he's gonna get killed?? Dangit!

"Rodo, hold on-!" A voice called from the side, and Fallout glanced over to see a robed...Nocturne? -He guessed it was a Nocturne, the shape looks right- zooming over, standing in front of the Skydancer. "You're different... you don't have dust, and you look real confused." Then the Noc looked to the Fae, gesturing with their claws quickly. "Rodo, put the shovel away, I think this dragon came FROM the Vault! I bet he's a Dweller!"

The Fae paused, then stared incredulously at the Noc. "A Dweller? Then where's the others? These Vaults weren't made jus' for one dragon, much less a dragon who..." The Fae glanced at Fallout, then back to the Noc. "..doesn't seem to hold much worth."

Did this dude just say he's POOR???? Nevermind that, time to explain.

"There are others- but they aren't alive- well- not anymore, they haven't been alive for a while- uh..." Fallout took a step back, relieved that the Fae slowly put his shovel down to a more passive stance. "You can follow me! I can show you where the bodies are- uh- I don't have much.... I'm just confused.."

The Fae and Noc seemed to glance at each other, before focusing back in. "Alright Fallout, you lead. If what you say is true, then nothing happens. If you're lying in any way..." They held the shovel up. "Your neck is easy access."

Fallout swallowed thickly at that, before nodding. "...uh..what's your names..?"

The Noc spoke up quickly. "I'm Blair, and m' friend is Rodomont!"

"..okay.."

With that, Fallout lead them to the stairs.
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 6: Material[/b] [item = Gelatinous Orb][/center] More lore babey!!! ---- "See?" Fallout paced back and forth, watching the other two dragons explore the hall of pods Fallout had come from. Blair seemed interested, poking and prodding at the screens by dead pods, trying to get them open. Meanwhile Rodomont was shaking his head, muttering something about "proper burial." Fallout watched that said Fae then move to the lockers, opening them up to search through each. "Pah, most of this is just junk- stuff these dead ones brought because it held 'sentimental value'." Rodomont moved back over to Fallout, looking him up and down again. "Ya know where th' armory is?" "....armory?" "The place where the guns and weapons are at silly!" Blair butted in, a cheerful tone that was surprising for someone just staring into the face of a shriveled-up Spiral seconds before. Fallout just shook his head, watching both dragons seem to deflate. "I need more ammo though...." The Noc now looked through a different set of lockers, as if hoping to find something in it. Rodo stared Fallout down before moving over to Blair, muttering in tones that were too low for Fallout to eavesdrop on. They seemed to come to some sort of agreement, the both of them heading back to Fallout. "You're coming with us, Fallout. You'll get yourself killed over something stupid like forgetting to stay hydrated. Plus, Blair's got questions for ya and she's not willing to let you go just yet." Rodo stared at Fallout, who just nodded his head. What else was he supposed to do??? Ignore what the Fae said and get his neck sliced open by a sharp shovel? No thank you! "Al..alright. I'll try to help-" "Oh you'll be helping alright: first task- collecting all the scrap and junk, and carrying it with you. We're gonna sell it at the next outpost."
Day 6: Material
Gelatinous Orb

More lore babey!!!

----

"See?" Fallout paced back and forth, watching the other two dragons explore the hall of pods Fallout had come from. Blair seemed interested, poking and prodding at the screens by dead pods, trying to get them open. Meanwhile Rodomont was shaking his head, muttering something about "proper burial."

Fallout watched that said Fae then move to the lockers, opening them up to search through each. "Pah, most of this is just junk- stuff these dead ones brought because it held 'sentimental value'." Rodomont moved back over to Fallout, looking him up and down again. "Ya know where th' armory is?"

"....armory?"

"The place where the guns and weapons are at silly!" Blair butted in, a cheerful tone that was surprising for someone just staring into the face of a shriveled-up Spiral seconds before.

Fallout just shook his head, watching both dragons seem to deflate. "I need more ammo though...." The Noc now looked through a different set of lockers, as if hoping to find something in it. Rodo stared Fallout down before moving over to Blair, muttering in tones that were too low for Fallout to eavesdrop on.

They seemed to come to some sort of agreement, the both of them heading back to Fallout. "You're coming with us, Fallout. You'll get yourself killed over something stupid like forgetting to stay hydrated. Plus, Blair's got questions for ya and she's not willing to let you go just yet." Rodo stared at Fallout, who just nodded his head. What else was he supposed to do??? Ignore what the Fae said and get his neck sliced open by a sharp shovel? No thank you!

"Al..alright. I'll try to help-"

"Oh you'll be helping alright: first task- collecting all the scrap and junk, and carrying it with you. We're gonna sell it at the next outpost."
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 7: Food[/b] [item=Sandstrike Hedgehog][/center] ...oh n o my oh no was in right, blair got k.o.ed. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/588558275830611978/782693340491546624/unknown.png[/img] ----- It wasn't long before the trio was thrown into a battle- against some -what looked like to Fallout- mutated... basilisks? Whatever they were, their talons HURT. Fallout found that using his own claws was much easier than trying to summon his magical energy, which was very little as is. Dodging an attack from one, he barely heard Rodo shout out in alarm. Or.. what he was shouting for. When he righted himself back up.. he saw why. Blair was stumbling back, her robes tattered in the front: the distinct talonmarks of the basilisk going through her chest. "I... I thought I was safe..." Her voice, soft but loud, made Fallout reel back. How can someone command such a presence and not be loud? Rodo raced over, fluttering about Blair and guiding her away. Fallout followed after, glancing back to make sure the basilisks weren't following. Blair was laid down by some remains of trees, body shaking and crimson flowing from her chest. Even Fallout could tell that the wounds were fatal... and it seems Rodo knew it as well. He was whispering to Blair, calming the Noc down even as her breaths became unsteady, hitches and pauses that weren't normal. "You're okay.. you're fine... you're all good... don't be scared... you're fine..." Rodo repeated those lines over and over, taking Blair's cloth mask off to look her in the face. Faint Arcane eyes stared back, looking at Rodo before glancing to Fallout, then back to Rodo. "No... dear no... I don't.." The hesitation and pause the Fae held broke what most thought Fae were: emotionless, relying on their fan crests to convey their emotions. Blair raised one talon, placing it against Rodo's face... before the faint light of Arcane magic went out, leaving eyes with a natural color: a deep brown. "...." The Fae stood up slowly, resting Blair's hand on her chest and picking up his shovel. "I-" [i]"Shut up.[/i] We're burying her, and I don't want to hear a [i]damn[/i] peep from you."
Day 7: Food
Sandstrike Hedgehog

...oh n o

my oh no was in right, blair got k.o.ed.

unknown.png

It wasn't long before the trio was thrown into a battle- against some -what looked like to Fallout- mutated... basilisks? Whatever they were, their talons HURT.

Fallout found that using his own claws was much easier than trying to summon his magical energy, which was very little as is. Dodging an attack from one, he barely heard Rodo shout out in alarm. Or.. what he was shouting for. When he righted himself back up.. he saw why.

Blair was stumbling back, her robes tattered in the front: the distinct talonmarks of the basilisk going through her chest. "I... I thought I was safe..." Her voice, soft but loud, made Fallout reel back. How can someone command such a presence and not be loud?

Rodo raced over, fluttering about Blair and guiding her away. Fallout followed after, glancing back to make sure the basilisks weren't following.

Blair was laid down by some remains of trees, body shaking and crimson flowing from her chest. Even Fallout could tell that the wounds were fatal... and it seems Rodo knew it as well. He was whispering to Blair, calming the Noc down even as her breaths became unsteady, hitches and pauses that weren't normal.

"You're okay.. you're fine... you're all good... don't be scared... you're fine..." Rodo repeated those lines over and over, taking Blair's cloth mask off to look her in the face. Faint Arcane eyes stared back, looking at Rodo before glancing to Fallout, then back to Rodo.

"No... dear no... I don't.." The hesitation and pause the Fae held broke what most thought Fae were: emotionless, relying on their fan crests to convey their emotions.

Blair raised one talon, placing it against Rodo's face... before the faint light of Arcane magic went out, leaving eyes with a natural color: a deep brown.

"...." The Fae stood up slowly, resting Blair's hand on her chest and picking up his shovel.

"I-"

"Shut up. We're burying her, and I don't want to hear a damn peep from you."
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 8: Trinket[/b] [item= black pawn][/center] all of these art posts are just becoming save points
Day 8: Trinket
Black Pawn

all of these art posts are just becoming save points
aaaaaaa
You know what. Nope. I got another meat, I'm throwing into the backlog. I want to have a full coli team before I do that again. Backlog go brrr. [item=ire tweet] That's what I got.
You know what. Nope. I got another meat, I'm throwing into the backlog. I want to have a full coli team before I do that again. Backlog go brrr.

Ire Tweet

That's what I got.
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 9: Material[/b] [item= dragonhorn coral][/center] will come back adn lore later, tldr of the plans? salty rodo, scared fallout, angy mode ----- They... they had buried her. It was hard- both between the silence and a sudden extra attack from nearby mutated dryads. The burial was done with great care: Rodo knew the rites, the ways he wanted to help her soul be guided on. The Fae had couched by the grave, head leaning against the homemade marker they had made. They, more like just Rodo. He ignored Fallout, straight up leaving him to deal with a dryad that had gotten too close BY HIMSELF. He couldn't understand- then again, it was probably going to be a lot harder to understand. Finally, the Fae stood up, moving over to Fallout. He swallowed nervously, seeing that Rodo had his claws around the handle of the shovel. "This is what we're gonna do. You're becoming bait, the one who goes in first, the scout- I'll keep you alive but it'll be a damn loose definition of what ALIVE is. Blair was the one that kept me from killing you, and even at her death seemed to not want you to die. So I won't kill you. If you die by other means that I can't heal, then that's it. [i]Understand me?[/i]" Fallout took a mental step back, hearing the amount of anger in Rodo's tone. "Yeah.... yeah I understand...." "Good. Let's go."
Day 9: Material
Dragonhorn Coral

will come back adn lore later, tldr of the plans? salty rodo, scared fallout, angy mode

They... they had buried her. It was hard- both between the silence and a sudden extra attack from nearby mutated dryads. The burial was done with great care: Rodo knew the rites, the ways he wanted to help her soul be guided on. The Fae had couched by the grave, head leaning against the homemade marker they had made.

They, more like just Rodo. He ignored Fallout, straight up leaving him to deal with a dryad that had gotten too close BY HIMSELF. He couldn't understand- then again, it was probably going to be a lot harder to understand.

Finally, the Fae stood up, moving over to Fallout. He swallowed nervously, seeing that Rodo had his claws around the handle of the shovel.

"This is what we're gonna do. You're becoming bait, the one who goes in first, the scout- I'll keep you alive but it'll be a damn loose definition of what ALIVE is. Blair was the one that kept me from killing you, and even at her death seemed to not want you to die. So I won't kill you. If you die by other means that I can't heal, then that's it. Understand me?"

Fallout took a mental step back, hearing the amount of anger in Rodo's tone. "Yeah.... yeah I understand...."

"Good. Let's go."
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 10: Food[/b] [item= Pale Katydid][/center] Alright, I get it- also whoops missed a day but I ain't stressing it (mostly bc i grabbed my item yesterday then maintenance hit and I didn't write it down.)
Day 10: Food
Pale Katydid

Alright, I get it- also whoops missed a day but I ain't stressing it (mostly bc i grabbed my item yesterday then maintenance hit and I didn't write it down.)
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 11: Food[/b] [item=Bluelipped Thresh][/center] oop that went well enough, got some experience to them both.
Day 11: Food
Bluelipped Thresh

oop

that went well enough, got some experience to them both.
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 12: Battle Stone.[/b] [item= Discipline][/center] oh god. [i]The luck of the cards is with me once again I got tails-[/i]
Day 12: Battle Stone.
Discipline

oh god.

The luck of the cards is with me once again I got tails-
aaaaaaa
[center][b]Day 13: Battlestone [s]I hate it here[/s][/b] [item = ambush][/center] I'm not doing this, Pinkerton I'm sorry but you must not understand i have 2 dragons one cant die and the other I wanna write lore for so screw you. my luck is immaculate tails once more. its gonna run out soon but still immaculate
Day 13: Battlestone I hate it here
Ambush

I'm not doing this, Pinkerton I'm sorry but you must not understand i have 2 dragons one cant die and the other I wanna write lore for so screw you.

my luck is immaculate tails once more. its gonna run out soon but still

immaculate
aaaaaaa
1 2 3 4