Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | { WIP }
1 2
Preparing to write a new challenge w/ new rules! Please don't post--this won't be ready for awhile and I'd like to have a chance to tweak as necessary! If what you see intrigues you, please PM me and I can ping you when I'm done :D

i. introduction
Preparing to write a new challenge w/ new rules! Please don't post--this won't be ready for awhile and I'd like to have a chance to tweak as necessary! If what you see intrigues you, please PM me and I can ping you when I'm done :D

i. introduction
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
ii. description??
ii. description??
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[b]iii.[/b] the start of the survivallocke ruleset :o [quote name=Premise]Flight Rising has been promising adventure mode for a long time. A lot of people want it, but it has (understandably) fallen onto the backburners. While the staff focus on other features, I've begun to wonder... Could I create a challenge ruleset that effectively simulates an adventure mode campaign? The immediate answer: probably not. With only current game mechanics to use, I can't create something that feels exactly like a unique adventure mode. However, I [i]can[/i] create something that poses similar challenges...enter, the [i]Survivallocke[/i]. Essentially, this ruleset boils down to a big Flight Rising survival simulator. Think Minecraft, but with a unique FR twist. You have your dragons, and you have an unsettled swath of land. What would it take for them to build a clan? What challenges would they face in doing so? That's what the Survivallocke is about. This ruleset has been in the works for over a year. As you can imagine, that means a bit more complexity than your average 'locke. There's quite a handful of rules; however, many of them are the kind of thing you only need to read once (or, when it comes to some of the rollable tables, not at all in their entirety) to understand enough to play. I'd like to hope that I'm not the only one who enjoys rule-heavy challenges, but time will tell with that [emoji=banescale winking size=1] Right now, the Survivallocke ruleset is in a playtesting phase. This thread here is where I plan to see how the rules hold up to gameplay and make tweaks as necessary. If you would like to give this a try, you are welcome to do so! A lot of the ruleset I've written has been snipped from this thread (other Flight maps, for example), so please PM me if you plan on giving this a try and I can send you the rest of the rules! Without further ado, let's get into the rules![/quote] [quote name="Survivallocke Breakdown: Game Mechanics"]Before I can really dig into the meat of the ruleset, I have to address a few core mechanics. These fuel every other part of the rules and are the most essential part of the Survivallocke. These central mechanics are as follows: [b]Health Points[/b] Health Points (HP) are a dragon's "life meter" as you might expect! Fainting in the Coliseum, as well as other things such as random events and starvation, will inflict HP penalties on the dragons who undergo them. If a dragon runs out of HP, they have died or are otherwise no longer a part of the 'locke. Exalting them is the choice method for removing them from gameplay, but you are welcome to rehome/keep them--whatever works best for you! Managing your dragons' HP is very important, as HP [u]does not regenerate naturally[/u]. Certain crafted items and status affects can heal a dragon's injuries, but these are typically quite hard to come by, so take good care of your dragons' HP when possible! The amount of HP a dragon starts with depends on their breed and role, so some breeds/roles might make a better starting choice than others if you're worried about losing HP too fast. [b]Energy Points[/b] In addition to HP, dragons also have Energy Points, or EP. EP represents the amount of work they can do in a day, with each point corresponding to one action (more about actions in a bit). When a dragon has exhausted their EP for the day, they can no longer complete any actions and their daily "turn" is done. Actions that involve a group of dragons, like Hunting (AKA Coli) deplete the appropriate number of EP from every dragon involved unless their role would dictate otherwise. Just as with HP, the amount of EP a dragon has is influenced by their breed and role. EP regenerates every morning in correspondence with the quality of sleep a dragon had during the night (which is influenced by craftable items like beds as well as certain events and status effects), with two EP regenerating every morning as a default. Excess EP is always disregarded unless another rule/event/item/ect. would dictate otherwise. Dragons who have had their health decreased to a single HP have their total EP bar lowered to a single EP as well until they heal (unless they begin with a 1 HP max). This change can be remedied through certain craftable items or through healing. [b]Hunger[/b] One of the other major mechanics that are key to the Survivallocke, hunger measures how much food a dragon needs to survive. A dragon's hunger bar, much like its health, varies in size depending on the breed (and can even be influenced by certain roles), meaning that larger dragons often need more food than smaller breeds. The hunger bar is divided into three portions: [u]satisfied[/u], [u]hungry[/u], and [u]starving[/u]. A dragon's hunger is depleted from "satisfied" to "hungry" at the start of each day, and they must be fed the appropriate amount of food points to replenish their hunger. If a dragon's hunger is not replenished to "satisfied" by the end of the day, they will transition from "hungry" to "starving". Failing to feed them back to "satisfied" (two feedings of their daily amount, so double the food points!) before the end of the day will result in their losing [u]1 HP[/u]. Dragons who are "starving" will also have their EP decreased by 1 each day they remain in that condition. "Starvation" is not a one-time condition; until a dragon's hunger is replenished, they will remain in the "starvation" state until they are fed. This means that leaving a dragon unfed will continue to damage them until they run out of HP and are removed from the 'locke. A similar condition to hunger, thirst, is available as an optional rule on certain Flight maps or in general. I have cut it from this ruleset so as not to bloat an already massive chunk of text; information will be provided to curious parties should they ask about starting a game on a relevant map or with the rule as a challenge. [b]Temperature:[/b] Dragons who are working to survive in the wild must also be conscious of their bodily temperature. Temperature exists as a static meter from [u]extreme cold[/u] to [u]extreme heat[/u] as follows: extreme cold <- cold <- neutral temp (starting point) -> heat -> extreme heat. This meter is the same for all breeds, though some breed details, flight affiliations, and roles may change how quickly or slowly a dragon responds to changes in temperature. Temperature can change through random events and seasonal shifting, and some Flight maps may not even require a temperature measure in the first place. A dragon's bodily temperature determines how they function whilst outdoors; reaching "heat" or "cold" inflicts a 1 EP loss on any dragon that reaches that state, regardless of wether or not they quickly change their circumstances. Reaching "extreme heat" or "extreme cold" inflicts a 1 [b][i]HP[/i][/b] loss on the dragon as well as the previously stated drop in EP. Temperature can be influenced in many ways, typically through crafting resistant armor. If you are concerned that sending your dragon out of the shelter would harm them, you are also free to have them complete their actions inside, though this limits what they can do. If your dragons have no shelter, then they have no way to avoid temperature changes short of wearing/crafting appropriate insulative materials or accepting the penalties, so prioritizing shelter-crafting may be a wise move! Temperature changes [u]do stack[/u], so if the daily weather would dictate a +1 to temperature (neutral temp -> heat) and a random daily event would also dictate a +1 to weather, the two would combine to a +2 (neutral temp -> extreme heat). Contradictory weather changes (ex. a +1 and a-1) [i]do[/i] cancel one another out. Temperature changes that go beyond the caps are ignored and do not cause any additional penalties (ex. no +3 extreme-extreme heat or anything like that). [b]Inventory and Apparel Slots:[/b] I've lumped these two together because they are very similar in nature to one another. First, I'll cover inventory slots as they are the most important of the two. Every dragon begins with a certain amount of Inventory Slots. This varies from breed to breed and may also be affected by a dragon's role. These slots represent how much a dragon can carry on them at any time, which imposes restrictions on how they contribute to their clan. For example, if a dragon decides to Gather, they may only bring back an amount of items that corresponds to the size of their inventory. Items of the same type stack with one another (to the size of a FR stack, 99) and take up a single inventory slot. This means that, if a dragon finds six unique items and have only five inventory slots, they must leave one of the items behind. Items that are carried in an inventory are [i]not[/i] immediately cleared once a dragon returns to camp; instead, they must be stored in an appropriate space. Items may be simply dumped in a shelter or similar structure to that building's storage capacity, or they may be packed into specifically-crafted storage items that occupy space in the camp. If a dragon cannot place their items into some sort of storage, they must continue to carry them until storage is provided. If they wish to clear a space for newly-acquired items, they may discard something from their inventory to make space. Before dragons set out to do tasks in the morning and when they return to camp at night, they may transfer items from their inventory to the inventories of other dragons for purposes of temporary storage or something similar. Food items being carried in a dragon's inventory may be directly converted into "points" once a dragon has returned to camp; this removes the item from a dragon's inventory permanently without need for storage. Converting food into points resembles the food been cooked in its basic state for consumption; however, a food, once converted, ceases to become a unique item and cannot be used for Crafting (keep this in mind if you come across an item that can be a Crafting component!). Certain materials and trinkets that fit a universal theme (like wood or stone) can similarly be "converted", though this removes their uniqueness for purposes of Crafting just as it does with food. In addition to Inventory Slots, a dragon has Apparel Slots. Every dragon starts with three slots, though some roles and items may provide access to more slots. These Apparel Slots correspond to crafted apparel items that have unique affects on the dragons who wear them, not in-game apparel. You are free to deck your dragons out however you please; however, only crafted apparel will affect their Survivallocke performance. I personally recommend placing apparel on your dragons as they craft it (many pieces of crafted apparel correspond to FR apparel in one way or another), but that is by no means required. Three apparel slots don't make for nicely dressed-up dragons, after all! Apparel items discovered in the coliseum can be storied in Apparel Slots instead of Inventory Slots, though they won't have any affects by default.[/quote]
iii. the start of the survivallocke ruleset :o
Premise wrote:
Flight Rising has been promising adventure mode for a long time. A lot of people want it, but it has (understandably) fallen onto the backburners. While the staff focus on other features, I've begun to wonder...

Could I create a challenge ruleset that effectively simulates an adventure mode campaign? The immediate answer: probably not. With only current game mechanics to use, I can't create something that feels exactly like a unique adventure mode. However, I can create something that poses similar challenges...enter, the Survivallocke.

Essentially, this ruleset boils down to a big Flight Rising survival simulator. Think Minecraft, but with a unique FR twist. You have your dragons, and you have an unsettled swath of land. What would it take for them to build a clan? What challenges would they face in doing so? That's what the Survivallocke is about.

This ruleset has been in the works for over a year. As you can imagine, that means a bit more complexity than your average 'locke. There's quite a handful of rules; however, many of them are the kind of thing you only need to read once (or, when it comes to some of the rollable tables, not at all in their entirety) to understand enough to play. I'd like to hope that I'm not the only one who enjoys rule-heavy challenges, but time will tell with that

Right now, the Survivallocke ruleset is in a playtesting phase. This thread here is where I plan to see how the rules hold up to gameplay and make tweaks as necessary. If you would like to give this a try, you are welcome to do so! A lot of the ruleset I've written has been snipped from this thread (other Flight maps, for example), so please PM me if you plan on giving this a try and I can send you the rest of the rules!

Without further ado, let's get into the rules!
Survivallocke Breakdown: Game Mechanics wrote:
Before I can really dig into the meat of the ruleset, I have to address a few core mechanics. These fuel every other part of the rules and are the most essential part of the Survivallocke. These central mechanics are as follows:

Health Points
Health Points (HP) are a dragon's "life meter" as you might expect! Fainting in the Coliseum, as well as other things such as random events and starvation, will inflict HP penalties on the dragons who undergo them. If a dragon runs out of HP, they have died or are otherwise no longer a part of the 'locke. Exalting them is the choice method for removing them from gameplay, but you are welcome to rehome/keep them--whatever works best for you! Managing your dragons' HP is very important, as HP does not regenerate naturally. Certain crafted items and status affects can heal a dragon's injuries, but these are typically quite hard to come by, so take good care of your dragons' HP when possible! The amount of HP a dragon starts with depends on their breed and role, so some breeds/roles might make a better starting choice than others if you're worried about losing HP too fast.

Energy Points
In addition to HP, dragons also have Energy Points, or EP. EP represents the amount of work they can do in a day, with each point corresponding to one action (more about actions in a bit). When a dragon has exhausted their EP for the day, they can no longer complete any actions and their daily "turn" is done. Actions that involve a group of dragons, like Hunting (AKA Coli) deplete the appropriate number of EP from every dragon involved unless their role would dictate otherwise. Just as with HP, the amount of EP a dragon has is influenced by their breed and role. EP regenerates every morning in correspondence with the quality of sleep a dragon had during the night (which is influenced by craftable items like beds as well as certain events and status effects), with two EP regenerating every morning as a default. Excess EP is always disregarded unless another rule/event/item/ect. would dictate otherwise. Dragons who have had their health decreased to a single HP have their total EP bar lowered to a single EP as well until they heal (unless they begin with a 1 HP max). This change can be remedied through certain craftable items or through healing.

Hunger
One of the other major mechanics that are key to the Survivallocke, hunger measures how much food a dragon needs to survive. A dragon's hunger bar, much like its health, varies in size depending on the breed (and can even be influenced by certain roles), meaning that larger dragons often need more food than smaller breeds. The hunger bar is divided into three portions: satisfied, hungry, and starving. A dragon's hunger is depleted from "satisfied" to "hungry" at the start of each day, and they must be fed the appropriate amount of food points to replenish their hunger. If a dragon's hunger is not replenished to "satisfied" by the end of the day, they will transition from "hungry" to "starving". Failing to feed them back to "satisfied" (two feedings of their daily amount, so double the food points!) before the end of the day will result in their losing 1 HP. Dragons who are "starving" will also have their EP decreased by 1 each day they remain in that condition. "Starvation" is not a one-time condition; until a dragon's hunger is replenished, they will remain in the "starvation" state until they are fed. This means that leaving a dragon unfed will continue to damage them until they run out of HP and are removed from the 'locke.

A similar condition to hunger, thirst, is available as an optional rule on certain Flight maps or in general. I have cut it from this ruleset so as not to bloat an already massive chunk of text; information will be provided to curious parties should they ask about starting a game on a relevant map or with the rule as a challenge.

Temperature:
Dragons who are working to survive in the wild must also be conscious of their bodily temperature. Temperature exists as a static meter from extreme cold to extreme heat as follows: extreme cold <- cold <- neutral temp (starting point) -> heat -> extreme heat. This meter is the same for all breeds, though some breed details, flight affiliations, and roles may change how quickly or slowly a dragon responds to changes in temperature. Temperature can change through random events and seasonal shifting, and some Flight maps may not even require a temperature measure in the first place. A dragon's bodily temperature determines how they function whilst outdoors; reaching "heat" or "cold" inflicts a 1 EP loss on any dragon that reaches that state, regardless of wether or not they quickly change their circumstances. Reaching "extreme heat" or "extreme cold" inflicts a 1 HP loss on the dragon as well as the previously stated drop in EP. Temperature can be influenced in many ways, typically through crafting resistant armor. If you are concerned that sending your dragon out of the shelter would harm them, you are also free to have them complete their actions inside, though this limits what they can do. If your dragons have no shelter, then they have no way to avoid temperature changes short of wearing/crafting appropriate insulative materials or accepting the penalties, so prioritizing shelter-crafting may be a wise move! Temperature changes do stack, so if the daily weather would dictate a +1 to temperature (neutral temp -> heat) and a random daily event would also dictate a +1 to weather, the two would combine to a +2 (neutral temp -> extreme heat). Contradictory weather changes (ex. a +1 and a-1) do cancel one another out. Temperature changes that go beyond the caps are ignored and do not cause any additional penalties (ex. no +3 extreme-extreme heat or anything like that).

Inventory and Apparel Slots:
I've lumped these two together because they are very similar in nature to one another. First, I'll cover inventory slots as they are the most important of the two.

Every dragon begins with a certain amount of Inventory Slots. This varies from breed to breed and may also be affected by a dragon's role. These slots represent how much a dragon can carry on them at any time, which imposes restrictions on how they contribute to their clan. For example, if a dragon decides to Gather, they may only bring back an amount of items that corresponds to the size of their inventory. Items of the same type stack with one another (to the size of a FR stack, 99) and take up a single inventory slot. This means that, if a dragon finds six unique items and have only five inventory slots, they must leave one of the items behind. Items that are carried in an inventory are not immediately cleared once a dragon returns to camp; instead, they must be stored in an appropriate space. Items may be simply dumped in a shelter or similar structure to that building's storage capacity, or they may be packed into specifically-crafted storage items that occupy space in the camp. If a dragon cannot place their items into some sort of storage, they must continue to carry them until storage is provided. If they wish to clear a space for newly-acquired items, they may discard something from their inventory to make space. Before dragons set out to do tasks in the morning and when they return to camp at night, they may transfer items from their inventory to the inventories of other dragons for purposes of temporary storage or something similar. Food items being carried in a dragon's inventory may be directly converted into "points" once a dragon has returned to camp; this removes the item from a dragon's inventory permanently without need for storage. Converting food into points resembles the food been cooked in its basic state for consumption; however, a food, once converted, ceases to become a unique item and cannot be used for Crafting (keep this in mind if you come across an item that can be a Crafting component!). Certain materials and trinkets that fit a universal theme (like wood or stone) can similarly be "converted", though this removes their uniqueness for purposes of Crafting just as it does with food.

In addition to Inventory Slots, a dragon has Apparel Slots. Every dragon starts with three slots, though some roles and items may provide access to more slots. These Apparel Slots correspond to crafted apparel items that have unique affects on the dragons who wear them, not in-game apparel. You are free to deck your dragons out however you please; however, only crafted apparel will affect their Survivallocke performance. I personally recommend placing apparel on your dragons as they craft it (many pieces of crafted apparel correspond to FR apparel in one way or another), but that is by no means required. Three apparel slots don't make for nicely dressed-up dragons, after all! Apparel items discovered in the coliseum can be storied in Apparel Slots instead of Inventory Slots, though they won't have any affects by default.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[quote name="Survivallocke Setup: Dragons"]Dragons are what move a Survivallocke, so picking them out is one of the first steps to take when it comes to setting up your 'locke. If you want to pick your dragons based on the location you choose for your 'locke, you are welcome to skip ahead to the Setup: Territory section, but I would recommend setting up your dragons as quickly as possible! Unlike many 'locke varieties, the Survivallocke allows you to pick your dragons by hand instead of randomizing them or selecting the cheapest ones available. You are still welcome to pick randomly if you want a challenge, but selecting a set of dragons that mesh well together is often a good way to go when it comes to starting out with a Survivallocke. Each breed has its strengths and weaknesses (as you will see momentarily), and these will be most apparent (and impactful) in the early game. Choose dragons who will complement one another! Each breed has a set of defaults relating to some of the core mechanics seen in the above section. They also have special abilities, known as Traits. Every breed has at least one Positive Trait and one Negative Trait that determine how they interact with the world around them, and these may affect which dragons you want to start with or accept into your clan throughout the game. [b][emoji=banescale size=1] Banescale Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x3 Insect/Seafood/Meat points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Aerialist[/u] Banescales are talented fliers and as such are not affected by any hazards that would affect terrestrial movement (i.e. thorn tangles blocking one area off, fiery ground, etc.). They may also travel one movement distance away without incurring EP penalties. [u]Negative Trait: Clumsy[/u] Banescales are not traditionally dextrous on account of their lack of forelegs. If a Banescale attempts to craft something, roll a six-sided dice. On a roll of 1, they fail to craft successfully and one random item that they were working with is damaged beyond repair as a result (and as such must be discarded). The EP used to craft is still lost. [b][emoji=Bogsneak size=1] Bogsneak Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x3 Plant/Meat points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Stealthy[/u] Bogsneaks are very stealthy dragons, able to blend in no matter the scenery. They are never affected by Ambush events and can always flee from any given scenario without an EP or HP penalty. Bogsneaks may also perform an additional Hunt, Insect Catch, or Fish action for free once per day on account of their stealth. [u]Negative Trait: Antisocial[/u] Bogsneaks are solitary creatures who prioritize their own safety above that of others. A Bogsneak can never assume the Leader role when the position opens (though they may be the initial leader at the player's discretion). Additionally, a coin must be flipped any time a Bogsneak would share resources with another dragon. On a result of tails, the Bogsneak will think it best to keep the item for themselves and will not share it. This does not apply when an equal trade is made (like when the Bogsneak pays for an item or trades items of the same type [food for food, material for material, etc.] with their clanmates). Failed transactions cannot immediately be reattempted and must wait until the next available time (for example, if a Bogsneak fails to share its item in the morning before all dragons leave camp, the transaction cannot be attempted again until nighttime when the dragons all return to camp). Bogsneaks also have a -1 debuff when attempting to convince new dragons to join the clan. [u]Negative Trait: Flightless[/u] A Bogsneak's movement is always terrestrial. [b][emoji=coatl size=1] Coatl Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x4 Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Tinkerer[/u] A Coatl may perform an additional Craft action for no EP cost once per day. [u]Negative Trait: Incomprehensible[/u] Due to their ear structure and alternative language, Coatls struggle to communicate with other species. A Coatl cannot convince new dragons to join the clan (unless the new dragon is a Coatl) and they cannot barter for supplies. [u]Negative Trait: Homeward Bound[/u] Coatls struggle to nest outside of Fire territory, so a Coatl must either travel to the Ashfall Waste to lay eggs or not lay eggs altogether. [b][emoji=fae size=1] Fae Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 1 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x1 Insect points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 2[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Sapspinner[/u] A Fae may use its innate magical powers to create a Level 1 Sap shelter in exchange for 1 EP. It may improve the Level of this shelter by investing further EP, to a maximum of 20. [u]Negative Trait: Weak[/u] A Fae cannot acquire any further inventory slots and can only carry up to 1/3rd of a stack (33) per inventory slot. [u]Negative Trait: Monotone[/u] A Fae suffers a -1 debuff when trying to convince non-Fae dragons to join the clan and it is impossible for a Fae to convince a Coatl to join the clan. [b][emoji=gaoler size=1] Gaoler Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x4 Meat or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Dutiful[/u] A Gaoler may participate once per day in an action taken by a dragon with the Leader Role without losing any EP. [u]Negative Trait: Overzealous[/u] Any time a new dragon or familiar joins the clan, roll a d10. On a roll of 1, a Gaoler will drive that creature away for smelling too strongly of Shade. [u]Negative Trait: Flightless[/u] A Gaoler's movement is always terrestrial. [b][emoji=guardian size=1] Guardian Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 5 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x5 Meat, Seafood, Insect, or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Defender[/u] Any time a clanmate in a Guardian's vicinity would suffer an HP penalty, they may choose to protect them and take the HP penalty themselves. [u]Negative Trait: Obligated[/u] A Guardian must always have a Charge to watch over. Whenever a Guardian is introduced to the clan, you must select a charge for it to watch over. This Charge could be another dragon, a familiar, or a specific item. If the Charge is a dragon, the Guardian must always be within vicinity of that dragon (i.e., if that dragon goes to fight in the Coliseum, the Guardian must be part of the party). If the Charge is a familiar, that familiar can never be sold or otherwise leave the Guardian's sight. As such, it must be fed. If the Charge is an item, that item must always be in the Guardian's inventory and can never stack with others of its kind. If the Charge is in some way destroyed, the Guardian will exile themselves from the clan in grief. [b][emoji=imperial size=1] Imperial Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x5 Meat, Seafood, Insect, or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Craftsdrake[/u] As Imperials place such a great value on perfecting a trade, an Imperial will select and work intensely in a specific area. Randomize or select a type of action. When the Imperial uses an EP to perform this action, their efficiency allows them to repeat it an additional time without EP cost. [u]Negative Trait: Unstable Lifespan[/u] At the end of every season, roll a d20. On a roll of 1, the Imperial dies suddenly. [u]Negative Trait: Undeath[/u] If an Imperial dies in a camp where an Imperial has already died, roll a d6. On a roll of 1, the Imperials raise to life as an Emperor, a deadly boss monster covered in section X. [b][emoji=mirror size=1] Mirror Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 2 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x3 Meat or Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Tracker[/u] Instead of using randomized gathering turns, a Mirror may choose to take the Hunt or Fish action to search for 1d6 of a specific local prey item instead. [u]Negative Trait: Pragmatic Wanderer[/u] At the end of every season in which the clan has not moved at least one movement distance away from the location they began the season in, roll a d10. On a roll of 1, the Mirror will abandon the clan to move on to fresh hunting grounds located in an area that two movement distances away, regardless of whether or not it has been captured by the clan. If multiple Mirror dragons live in the clan, all will leave should even one roll a 1, unless there is an active Feud between one or more of them, in which case those who are at odds with each other will not follow one another out of the clan. [b][emoji=nocturne size=1] Nocturne Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 2 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x2 Insect or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 2[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Imitator[/u] In addition to their own role, a Nocturne may imitate one random role or positive breed trait from another dragon, gaining its benefits. [u]Negative Trait: True Mimic[/u] A Nocturne must also assume one random negative breed trait from another dragon. [b][emoji=obelisk size=1] Obelisk Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x4 Seafood or Insect points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Stony Countenance[/u] At any point in time, including in the Coliseum, an Obelisk may assume their Stoneshape form in exchange for 1 EP. Whilst in Stoneshape, an Obelisk cannot lose any HP; however, they also cannot perform any actions whilst in this form. If the Obelisk assumes Stoneshape whilst in the Coliseum, they cannot use any move except "Guard" until they exit Stoneshape. They may exit Stoneshape at any point in time for no further EP cost. [u]Positive Trait: Intimidating[/u] If an Obelisk is part of the clan, the crafting recipe "Imposing Statue" becomes available, which decreases the likelihood of attacks from enemy clans. [u]Negative Trait: Brittle[/u] Any time an Obelisk would lose an HP whilst in Stoneshape, roll a d100. On a roll of 1, the Obelisk's Stoneshape form shatters and they instantly lose any remaining HP. If the Obelisk is in the Coliseum when they assume Stoneshape, they must make the same roll any time they are successfully hit by an enemy. [u]Negative Trait: Alarmed[/u] Any time this dragon is a part of a party which encounters members of another clan, they feel compelled to pass on the warnings of their species. This unsettling warning will negate any positive buffs that would otherwise come into effect during the encounter. [b][emoji=pearlcatcher size=1] Pearlcatcher Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x3 Insect or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Savvy[/u] Pearlcatchers are known for their love of gossip and news; as such, a Pearlcatcher is keenly aware of the goings-on of local clans and dragons. They may use their knowledge to build relations with clans, gaining a +1 boost to diplomatic interactions. They also gain a +1 boost when attempting to sway new dragons to join the clan. [u]Negative Trait: Pearlbound[/u] On the last day of each season, a Pearlcatcher must expend all of its EP adding a new layer to its pearl containing all of that season's memories. [u]Negative Trait: Cowardly[/u] Every time a Pearlcatcher is hit in the coliseum, roll a d20. On a roll of 1, they become overwhelmed by the situation and flee, incurring any fleeing penalties along the way. When attacking or being attacked by another clan, flip a coin. If tails, the Pearlcatcher refuses to participate out of cowardice. [b][emoji=ridgeback size=1] Ridgeback Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 4 - Food Requirements: x5 Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 5[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Tunneler[/u] A Ridgeback may complete one Dig action every day for no EP cost, and they may create a Simple Level 1 Burrow shelter for 2 EP. For 1 additional EP, they may improve the Level of the shelter by one, to a maximum of 10. [u]Negative Trait: Borrower[/u] At the end of every day, roll a d6. On a roll of 1, the Ridgeback steals one random item from the inventory of another random dragon (if there are multiples of that same item type in the dragon's inventory, the Ridgeback steals all of them). If the Ridgeback's inventory is full, it disposes of a random item from its inventory permanently, destroying the item. At the start of the next day, flip a coin. On a result of tails, the dragon the Ridgeback stole from realizes the theft and a Feud begins between them. [u]Negative Trait: Shedding Season[/u] At the start of a new year, a Ridgeback begins to shed its spines. At the start of every day, roll a d4. This is the number of spines it successfully sheds. Shedding season does not conclude until the Ridgeback has shed a number of spines that equals or exceeds 10. For the duration of this period, the Ridgeback is twice as likely to start Feuds with clanmates (multiply the % chance by 2 for the dragon; for example, if a certain scenario would place the Ridgeback at a 25% chance of starting a Feud, its odds of starting the Feud are doubled to 50%), and it will have a -1 debuff on diplomacy rolls and rolls to sway new dragons to join the clan. [b][emoji=skydancer size=1] Skydancer Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 1 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x2 Plant or Insect points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Empathetic[/u] A Skydancer dragon gains a +2 buff when attempting to sway new dragons to the clan, as well as a +1 buff to diplomacy. [u]Positive Trait: Alert[/u] A Skydancer can sleep and perform the Guard action at the same time. [u]Negative Trait: Frail[/u] A Skydancer dragon will automatically lose HP if placed into a situation where such a result is possible and they are selected as the target--such as when fleeing from battle, participating in interclan warfare, getting poisoned, etc. [b][emoji=snapper size=1] Snapper Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 1 - Food Requirements: x2 Plant or Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Knowledgeable[/u] A Snapper dragon can utilize any recipe that is locked behind a Discovery barrier. For the cost of 2 EP (either in one day through Persistence or over the course of two days) it may impart one Discovery recipe to its clan, allowing them to use the recipe freely. [u]Neutral Trait: Insomniac[/u] A Snapper dragon never sleeps. This means that its quality of sleep cannot be changed either positively or negatively. [u]Negative Trait: Transient[/u] At the end of each season, flip a coin. On a result of heads, the Snapper leaves the clan temporarily to travel along its route. It cannot benefit or contact the clan for a minimum of 1 season to a maximum of 3 seasons at the player's discretion. For each season it is gone, you may perform 3 gathering turns (in a skill of the player's choice) in a different elemental region upon its return, representing new items gathered on the Snapper's journey. [b][emoji=snapper size=1] Snapper Dragons:[/b] [i]Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 1 - Food Requirements: x2 Plant or Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3[/i] [u]Positive Trait: Knowledgeable[/u] A Snapper dragon can utilize any recipe that is locked behind a Discovery barrier. For the cost of 2 EP (either in one day through Persistence or over the course of two days) it may impart one Discovery recipe to its clan, allowing them to use the recipe freely. [u]Neutral Trait: Insomniac[/u] A Snapper dragon never sleeps. This means that its quality of sleep cannot be changed either positively or negatively. [u]Negative Trait: Transient[/u] At the end of each season, flip a coin. On a result of heads, the Snapper leaves the clan temporarily to travel along its route. It cannot benefit or contact the clan for a minimum of 1 season to a maximum of 3 seasons at the player's discretion. For each season it is gone, you may perform 3 gathering turns (in a skill of the player's choice) in a different elemental region upon its return, representing new items gathered on the Snapper's journey. [/quote]
Survivallocke Setup: Dragons wrote:
Dragons are what move a Survivallocke, so picking them out is one of the first steps to take when it comes to setting up your 'locke. If you want to pick your dragons based on the location you choose for your 'locke, you are welcome to skip ahead to the Setup: Territory section, but I would recommend setting up your dragons as quickly as possible!

Unlike many 'locke varieties, the Survivallocke allows you to pick your dragons by hand instead of randomizing them or selecting the cheapest ones available. You are still welcome to pick randomly if you want a challenge, but selecting a set of dragons that mesh well together is often a good way to go when it comes to starting out with a Survivallocke. Each breed has its strengths and weaknesses (as you will see momentarily), and these will be most apparent (and impactful) in the early game.
Choose dragons who will complement one another!

Each breed has a set of defaults relating to some of the core mechanics seen in the above section. They also have special abilities, known as Traits. Every breed has at least one Positive Trait and one Negative Trait that determine how they interact with the world around them, and these may affect which dragons you want to start with or accept into your clan throughout the game.

Banescale Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x3 Insect/Seafood/Meat points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Aerialist
Banescales are talented fliers and as such are not affected by any hazards that would affect terrestrial movement (i.e. thorn tangles blocking one area off, fiery ground, etc.). They may also travel one movement distance away without incurring EP penalties.

Negative Trait: Clumsy
Banescales are not traditionally dextrous on account of their lack of forelegs. If a Banescale attempts to craft something, roll a six-sided dice. On a roll of 1, they fail to craft successfully and one random item that they were working with is damaged beyond repair as a result (and as such must be discarded). The EP used to craft is still lost.

Bogsneak Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x3 Plant/Meat points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4

Positive Trait: Stealthy
Bogsneaks are very stealthy dragons, able to blend in no matter the scenery. They are never affected by Ambush events and can always flee from any given scenario without an EP or HP penalty. Bogsneaks may also perform an additional Hunt, Insect Catch, or Fish action for free once per day on account of their stealth.

Negative Trait: Antisocial
Bogsneaks are solitary creatures who prioritize their own safety above that of others. A Bogsneak can never assume the Leader role when the position opens (though they may be the initial leader at the player's discretion). Additionally, a coin must be flipped any time a Bogsneak would share resources with another dragon. On a result of tails, the Bogsneak will think it best to keep the item for themselves and will not share it. This does not apply when an equal trade is made (like when the Bogsneak pays for an item or trades items of the same type [food for food, material for material, etc.] with their clanmates). Failed transactions cannot immediately be reattempted and must wait until the next available time (for example, if a Bogsneak fails to share its item in the morning before all dragons leave camp, the transaction cannot be attempted again until nighttime when the dragons all return to camp). Bogsneaks also have a -1 debuff when attempting to convince new dragons to join the clan.

Negative Trait: Flightless
A Bogsneak's movement is always terrestrial.

Coatl Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x4 Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4

Positive Trait: Tinkerer
A Coatl may perform an additional Craft action for no EP cost once per day.

Negative Trait: Incomprehensible
Due to their ear structure and alternative language, Coatls struggle to communicate with other species. A Coatl cannot convince new dragons to join the clan (unless the new dragon is a Coatl) and they cannot barter for supplies.

Negative Trait: Homeward Bound
Coatls struggle to nest outside of Fire territory, so a Coatl must either travel to the Ashfall Waste to lay eggs or not lay eggs altogether.

Fae Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 1 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x1 Insect points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 2

Positive Trait: Sapspinner
A Fae may use its innate magical powers to create a Level 1 Sap shelter in exchange for 1 EP. It may improve the Level of this shelter by investing further EP, to a maximum of 20.

Negative Trait: Weak
A Fae cannot acquire any further inventory slots and can only carry up to 1/3rd of a stack (33) per inventory slot.

Negative Trait: Monotone
A Fae suffers a -1 debuff when trying to convince non-Fae dragons to join the clan and it is impossible for a Fae to convince a Coatl to join the clan.

Gaoler Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x4 Meat or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Dutiful
A Gaoler may participate once per day in an action taken by a dragon with the Leader Role without losing any EP.

Negative Trait: Overzealous
Any time a new dragon or familiar joins the clan, roll a d10. On a roll of 1, a Gaoler will drive that creature away for smelling too strongly of Shade.

Negative Trait: Flightless
A Gaoler's movement is always terrestrial.

Guardian Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 5 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x5 Meat, Seafood, Insect, or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4

Positive Trait: Defender
Any time a clanmate in a Guardian's vicinity would suffer an HP penalty, they may choose to protect them and take the HP penalty themselves.

Negative Trait: Obligated
A Guardian must always have a Charge to watch over. Whenever a Guardian is introduced to the clan, you must select a charge for it to watch over. This Charge could be another dragon, a familiar, or a specific item. If the Charge is a dragon, the Guardian must always be within vicinity of that dragon (i.e., if that dragon goes to fight in the Coliseum, the Guardian must be part of the party). If the Charge is a familiar, that familiar can never be sold or otherwise leave the Guardian's sight. As such, it must be fed. If the Charge is an item, that item must always be in the Guardian's inventory and can never stack with others of its kind. If the Charge is in some way destroyed, the Guardian will exile themselves from the clan in grief.

Imperial Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x5 Meat, Seafood, Insect, or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 4

Positive Trait: Craftsdrake
As Imperials place such a great value on perfecting a trade, an Imperial will select and work intensely in a specific area. Randomize or select a type of action. When the Imperial uses an EP to perform this action, their efficiency allows them to repeat it an additional time without EP cost.

Negative Trait: Unstable Lifespan
At the end of every season, roll a d20. On a roll of 1, the Imperial dies suddenly.

Negative Trait: Undeath
If an Imperial dies in a camp where an Imperial has already died, roll a d6. On a roll of 1, the Imperials raise to life as an Emperor, a deadly boss monster covered in section X.

Mirror Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 2 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x3 Meat or Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Tracker
Instead of using randomized gathering turns, a Mirror may choose to take the Hunt or Fish action to search for 1d6 of a specific local prey item instead.

Negative Trait: Pragmatic Wanderer
At the end of every season in which the clan has not moved at least one movement distance away from the location they began the season in, roll a d10. On a roll of 1, the Mirror will abandon the clan to move on to fresh hunting grounds located in an area that two movement distances away, regardless of whether or not it has been captured by the clan. If multiple Mirror dragons live in the clan, all will leave should even one roll a 1, unless there is an active Feud between one or more of them, in which case those who are at odds with each other will not follow one another out of the clan.

Nocturne Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 2 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x2 Insect or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 2

Positive Trait: Imitator
In addition to their own role, a Nocturne may imitate one random role or positive breed trait from another dragon, gaining its benefits.

Negative Trait: True Mimic
A Nocturne must also assume one random negative breed trait from another dragon.

Obelisk Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x4 Seafood or Insect points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Stony Countenance
At any point in time, including in the Coliseum, an Obelisk may assume their Stoneshape form in exchange for 1 EP. Whilst in Stoneshape, an Obelisk cannot lose any HP; however, they also cannot perform any actions whilst in this form. If the Obelisk assumes Stoneshape whilst in the Coliseum, they cannot use any move except "Guard" until they exit Stoneshape. They may exit Stoneshape at any point in time for no further EP cost.

Positive Trait: Intimidating
If an Obelisk is part of the clan, the crafting recipe "Imposing Statue" becomes available, which decreases the likelihood of attacks from enemy clans.

Negative Trait: Brittle
Any time an Obelisk would lose an HP whilst in Stoneshape, roll a d100. On a roll of 1, the Obelisk's Stoneshape form shatters and they instantly lose any remaining HP. If the Obelisk is in the Coliseum when they assume Stoneshape, they must make the same roll any time they are successfully hit by an enemy.

Negative Trait: Alarmed
Any time this dragon is a part of a party which encounters members of another clan, they feel compelled to pass on the warnings of their species. This unsettling warning will negate any positive buffs that would otherwise come into effect during the encounter.

Pearlcatcher Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 2 - Food Requirements: x3 Insect or Plant points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Savvy
Pearlcatchers are known for their love of gossip and news; as such, a Pearlcatcher is keenly aware of the goings-on of local clans and dragons. They may use their knowledge to build relations with clans, gaining a +1 boost to diplomatic interactions. They also gain a +1 boost when attempting to sway new dragons to join the clan.

Negative Trait: Pearlbound
On the last day of each season, a Pearlcatcher must expend all of its EP adding a new layer to its pearl containing all of that season's memories.

Negative Trait: Cowardly
Every time a Pearlcatcher is hit in the coliseum, roll a d20. On a roll of 1, they become overwhelmed by the situation and flee, incurring any fleeing penalties along the way. When attacking or being attacked by another clan, flip a coin. If tails, the Pearlcatcher refuses to participate out of cowardice.

Ridgeback Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 4 - EP: 4 - Food Requirements: x5 Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 5

Positive Trait: Tunneler
A Ridgeback may complete one Dig action every day for no EP cost, and they may create a Simple Level 1 Burrow shelter for 2 EP. For 1 additional EP, they may improve the Level of the shelter by one, to a maximum of 10.

Negative Trait: Borrower
At the end of every day, roll a d6. On a roll of 1, the Ridgeback steals one random item from the inventory of another random dragon (if there are multiples of that same item type in the dragon's inventory, the Ridgeback steals all of them). If the Ridgeback's inventory is full, it disposes of a random item from its inventory permanently, destroying the item. At the start of the next day, flip a coin. On a result of tails, the dragon the Ridgeback stole from realizes the theft and a Feud begins between them.

Negative Trait: Shedding Season
At the start of a new year, a Ridgeback begins to shed its spines. At the start of every day, roll a d4. This is the number of spines it successfully sheds. Shedding season does not conclude until the Ridgeback has shed a number of spines that equals or exceeds 10. For the duration of this period, the Ridgeback is twice as likely to start Feuds with clanmates (multiply the % chance by 2 for the dragon; for example, if a certain scenario would place the Ridgeback at a 25% chance of starting a Feud, its odds of starting the Feud are doubled to 50%), and it will have a -1 debuff on diplomacy rolls and rolls to sway new dragons to join the clan.

Skydancer Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 1 - EP: 3 - Food Requirements: x2 Plant or Insect points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Empathetic
A Skydancer dragon gains a +2 buff when attempting to sway new dragons to the clan, as well as a +1 buff to diplomacy.

Positive Trait: Alert
A Skydancer can sleep and perform the Guard action at the same time.

Negative Trait: Frail
A Skydancer dragon will automatically lose HP if placed into a situation where such a result is possible and they are selected as the target--such as when fleeing from battle, participating in interclan warfare, getting poisoned, etc.

Snapper Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 1 - Food Requirements: x2 Plant or Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Knowledgeable
A Snapper dragon can utilize any recipe that is locked behind a Discovery barrier. For the cost of 2 EP (either in one day through Persistence or over the course of two days) it may impart one Discovery recipe to its clan, allowing them to use the recipe freely.

Neutral Trait: Insomniac
A Snapper dragon never sleeps. This means that its quality of sleep cannot be changed either positively or negatively.

Negative Trait: Transient
At the end of each season, flip a coin. On a result of heads, the Snapper leaves the clan temporarily to travel along its route. It cannot benefit or contact the clan for a minimum of 1 season to a maximum of 3 seasons at the player's discretion. For each season it is gone, you may perform 3 gathering turns (in a skill of the player's choice) in a different elemental region upon its return, representing new items gathered on the Snapper's journey.

Snapper Dragons:
Base Stats -- HP: 3 - EP: 1 - Food Requirements: x2 Plant or Seafood points per Hunger level - Inventory Slots: 3

Positive Trait: Knowledgeable
A Snapper dragon can utilize any recipe that is locked behind a Discovery barrier. For the cost of 2 EP (either in one day through Persistence or over the course of two days) it may impart one Discovery recipe to its clan, allowing them to use the recipe freely.

Neutral Trait: Insomniac
A Snapper dragon never sleeps. This means that its quality of sleep cannot be changed either positively or negatively.

Negative Trait: Transient
At the end of each season, flip a coin. On a result of heads, the Snapper leaves the clan temporarily to travel along its route. It cannot benefit or contact the clan for a minimum of 1 season to a maximum of 3 seasons at the player's discretion. For each season it is gone, you may perform 3 gathering turns (in a skill of the player's choice) in a different elemental region upon its return, representing new items gathered on the Snapper's journey.
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »

eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2