Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ2020] Befriend the Field Critters
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 36
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69181][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/692/69181_350.png[/img][/url] Naydra is so happy when they manage to win the bunny's game! "I hope she likes it indeed! Dew was so nice to us but I think we scared her." she says with regret. But that is quickly replaced with joy at the sight of the token. When they all join Jasmine and Mila on the last part of the journey it really feels as though the dragons present all have hope for the final token. Then they arrive at the hill Naydra joins the others ands sits down. After quite the wait Mika starts talking louder and louder. A bit confused to what is going on Naydra looks around her when the ground suddenly starts shaking and they all slide down what eventually was shown to be a Ursa of a size she has never seen before! Then suddenly all the other critters they met start to appear from behind the massive ursa. Naydra is so happy see them all. And even more so that they knew they had never meant any harm to them. This made her feel a whole lot better. Then the Ursa comes with the final riddle. 'This is a hard one she thinks.' Mulling it over in her mind.. "I think you mean us? We went with Jasmine, the descendent. And made so many friends along the way.." Naydra still sounds a bit hesitant.. She had been wrong so many times before, because of only thinking of herself.
69181_350.png

Naydra is so happy when they manage to win the bunny's game! "I hope she likes it indeed! Dew was so nice to us but I think we scared her." she says with regret. But that is quickly replaced with joy at the sight of the token.

When they all join Jasmine and Mila on the last part of the journey it really feels as though the dragons present all have hope for the final token. Then they arrive at the hill Naydra joins the others ands sits down.

After quite the wait Mika starts talking louder and louder. A bit confused to what is going on Naydra looks around her when the ground suddenly starts shaking and they all slide down what eventually was shown to be a Ursa of a size she has never seen before!

Then suddenly all the other critters they met start to appear from behind the massive ursa. Naydra is so happy see them all. And even more so that they knew they had never meant any harm to them. This made her feel a whole lot better.

Then the Ursa comes with the final riddle. 'This is a hard one she thinks.' Mulling it over in her mind.. "I think you mean us? We went with Jasmine, the descendent. And made so many friends along the way.." Naydra still sounds a bit hesitant.. She had been wrong so many times before, because of only thinking of herself.

lightbottom.png
@Disillusionist [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61043777][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/610438/61043777p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][size=4][color=#092D40]Hmmm, I'm not very good with riddles either. I think I'm starting to get it, though, and if I [i]am[/i] right, I don't know if I'm allowed to feel offended or just humbled. >:([/color][/columns]
@Disillusionist

61043777p.png __ Hmmm, I'm not very good with riddles either. I think I'm starting to get it, though, and if I am right, I don't know if I'm allowed to feel offended or just humbled. >:(
___________________ adoptable by #40738 ___ petal . she/they . frt +4
Player(s) or Jasmine. It might be her mom but the line "yet to learn of the world around" implies a younger or more naive subject.

I want to say players, but idk.
Player(s) or Jasmine. It might be her mom but the line "yet to learn of the world around" implies a younger or more naive subject.

I want to say players, but idk.
ETsArtAdoptShopIcon100px.png***** for_fun_c_small.png
I'm thinking 'both jasmine and the player' could be a good answer, but idk I don't want to mess up,,,,
I'm thinking 'both jasmine and the player' could be a good answer, but idk I don't want to mess up,,,,
853d899612de96ce4f11ed0dfc7ccb2091569ad5.png Transmasc
he/him
FR+9
Bird & bug enthusiast
Familiar collector
5hF3FGk.png
[quote name="Watercolour" date="2020-06-27 10:53:39" ] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61043777][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/610438/61043777p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][size=4][color=#092D40]Hmmm, I'm not very good with riddles either. I think I'm starting to get it, though, and if I [i]am[/i] right, I don't know if I'm allowed to feel offended or just humbled. >:([/color][/columns] [/quote] That sounds like there is one answer, but I can't tell which from that. Offended would make me think that she isn't the answer, but the humbled makes me think she would.
Watercolour wrote on 2020-06-27 10:53:39:
61043777p.png __ Hmmm, I'm not very good with riddles either. I think I'm starting to get it, though, and if I am right, I don't know if I'm allowed to feel offended or just humbled. >:(

That sounds like there is one answer, but I can't tell which from that. Offended would make me think that she isn't the answer, but the humbled makes me think she would.
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35796887][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/357969/35796887_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Reina was thrilled when the team managed to find the correct bunny. As it led them over to the sunflower token, she grinned. Finally, we'd found one! After being rudely tumbled down the hill, Reina smiled when she saw the Ursa. This was a once in a life time event, and she would probably never get the chance to see another this size. Her heart swelled as the other critters returned. She was glad she'd travelled to join the festivities this year. She would have to make it a more regular thing. Upon hearing the riddle however, her heart jumped to her throat. Another challenge - a riddle. What would happen if she got it wrong? Perhaps she could tell it an easier one, the one about the white horses, she'd always loved that one. After going slowly over the lines, she realised they could apply to all of them - friendships made - they'd all certainly done that. Tokens, the sunflowers. Far from home, that could apply to many of the dragons here. Perhaps it was all of us?
35796887_350.png

Reina was thrilled when the team managed to find the correct bunny. As it led them over to the sunflower token, she grinned. Finally, we'd found one!

After being rudely tumbled down the hill, Reina smiled when she saw the Ursa. This was a once in a life time event, and she would probably never get the chance to see another this size. Her heart swelled as the other critters returned. She was glad she'd travelled to join the festivities this year. She would have to make it a more regular thing.

Upon hearing the riddle however, her heart jumped to her throat. Another challenge - a riddle. What would happen if she got it wrong? Perhaps she could tell it an easier one, the one about the white horses, she'd always loved that one. After going slowly over the lines, she realised they could apply to all of them - friendships made - they'd all certainly done that. Tokens, the sunflowers. Far from home, that could apply to many of the dragons here. Perhaps it was all of us?
mWb40Sz.png ° Loreka :: FR +8
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
darkstar looked up. "shes talking about me and how i took the quest!" she said.
darkstar looked up. "shes talking about me and how i took the quest!" she said.
68-F971-B2-F51-A-4-DE7-8103-DEECE3-DE1-BC9.png
[center][font=sylfaen][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/618502/61850192.png[/img] Though she wouldn't normally, Niobe thinks it might be appropriate to ask for help in this case. The riddle is really making her head hurt and Jasmine's answer only seems to confuse her more. Maybe asking the critters could help solve this? They certainly seem pretty intelligent. Looking at a certain Capricat with interest, Niobe thinks. Maybe a simple, prsctical approach would help here. [i]"Vanilla, do you perhaps want to help me with this riddle here?"[/i], Niobe questions while tilting her head.
61850192.png

Though she wouldn't normally, Niobe thinks it might be appropriate to ask for help in this case. The riddle is really making her head hurt and Jasmine's answer only seems
to confuse her more.
Maybe asking the critters could help solve this? They certainly seem pretty intelligent.
Looking at a certain Capricat with interest, Niobe thinks. Maybe a simple, prsctical approach would help here.
"Vanilla, do you perhaps want to help me with this riddle here?", Niobe questions while tilting her head.
853d899612de96ce4f11ed0dfc7ccb2091569ad5.png Transmasc
he/him
FR+9
Bird & bug enthusiast
Familiar collector
5hF3FGk.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/14101968][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/141020/14101968_350.png[/img][/url] "Geez Louise," Obsidian muttered. "If I wanted to solve cryptic riddles I would've become an oracle, not a familiar handler." Still, he had to give it his best shot. "Golden land" most likely referred to the Sunbeam Ruins, and the 3rd and 4th lines were describing their search for the sunflower tokens. "Far and farther from their own..." Well, "their own" probably referred to the type of creature that was the answer to this riddle. Was it one of the critters they met? No, it couldn't be - they had been meeting new animals this whole week, not moving away from them. Except from the times where the critters fled, but that wasn't what was supposed to happen. They had been moving farther away from dragon civilization though... So then the answer must be referring to a dragon. "Generous helper of a humble descendant, yet to learn of the world around..." Didn't Mila say that Jasmine's great-grandparents were the first to complete the trials of this land? If Jasmine was the "humble descendant", then her "generous helper" would be... "Us!" Obsidian shouted. "I mean, the answer is us, right? The dragons who've been tagging along and helping Jasmine collect sunflower tokens from the creatures we've been meeting? We've all been learning of this world around us together, and we've been gaining knowledge, friendship, and tokens from the creatures we've befriended. And the creatures who've fled from us before are now apologizing and offering us another chance to claim their sunflower tokens now that our journey's almost over. It makes sense, don't it?" Obsidian hoped he had the right answer. He didn't want to miss this chance to collect the remaining tokens.
14101968_350.png
"Geez Louise," Obsidian muttered. "If I wanted to solve cryptic riddles I would've become an oracle, not a familiar handler."

Still, he had to give it his best shot. "Golden land" most likely referred to the Sunbeam Ruins, and the 3rd and 4th lines were describing their search for the sunflower tokens. "Far and farther from their own..." Well, "their own" probably referred to the type of creature that was the answer to this riddle. Was it one of the critters they met? No, it couldn't be - they had been meeting new animals this whole week, not moving away from them. Except from the times where the critters fled, but that wasn't what was supposed to happen. They had been moving farther away from dragon civilization though... So then the answer must be referring to a dragon.

"Generous helper of a humble descendant, yet to learn of the world around..." Didn't Mila say that Jasmine's great-grandparents were the first to complete the trials of this land? If Jasmine was the "humble descendant", then her "generous helper" would be...

"Us!" Obsidian shouted. "I mean, the answer is us, right? The dragons who've been tagging along and helping Jasmine collect sunflower tokens from the creatures we've been meeting? We've all been learning of this world around us together, and we've been gaining knowledge, friendship, and tokens from the creatures we've befriended. And the creatures who've fled from us before are now apologizing and offering us another chance to claim their sunflower tokens now that our journey's almost over. It makes sense, don't it?" Obsidian hoped he had the right answer. He didn't want to miss this chance to collect the remaining tokens.
oCF41Q1.png
[center][b][u]Saturday[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59373124][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/593732/59373124_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] Mossdew was happy to discover that his plan actually worked! Using his other senses revealed Nimbus as distinct from the illusions around him. Mossdew made sure to ask the rabbit if he was okay after coming to a running stop when he was caught, though he certainly seemed okay with how enthusiastically he showed them the sunflower token. "This last token must be very well hidden," Mossdew spoke with some of the other dragons as they traveled much further through the fields than before. "Or maybe this creature is very shy." Mossdew appreciated the calm of the hillside they stopped on for the scenic view, or at least while the clam lasted. As the ground shook, Mossdew was surprised enough that Mila's safety suggestions evaded him. "Fold my wings, then what was it...?" he muttered to himself, trying to follow along until the chaos became too much. He tumbled away from their gathering point with a startled shout as the massive creature emerged. He landed among the now displaced group, fortunately unhurt from the event. He gazed up in awe at the sheer size and presence of the field guardian Sunbeam Ursa. To add to the excitement, all of the creatures they met had returned! Mossdew was happy to see them all, and even more so that they were willing to forgive any of the misunderstandings from before. Everyone had come with the goal to make friends on this journey, and sometimes honest mistakes were part of that process. Mossdew knew from his own experiences from adventures with his clanmates that this could be true. Mossdew listened carefully to the Ursa's riddle, repeating it to himself a few times to turn the words over in his mind. "I'm not very good at riddles but..." Mossdew concentrated for a few moments, "A traveler who is learning, making friends, and a helper of a descendant... I think the answer is you, Jasmine!"
Saturday

59373124_350.png

Mossdew was happy to discover that his plan actually worked! Using his other senses revealed Nimbus as distinct from the illusions around him. Mossdew made sure to ask the rabbit if he was okay after coming to a running stop when he was caught, though he certainly seemed okay with how enthusiastically he showed them the sunflower token.

"This last token must be very well hidden," Mossdew spoke with some of the other dragons as they traveled much further through the fields than before. "Or maybe this creature is very shy."
Mossdew appreciated the calm of the hillside they stopped on for the scenic view, or at least while the clam lasted. As the ground shook, Mossdew was surprised enough that Mila's safety suggestions evaded him.
"Fold my wings, then what was it...?" he muttered to himself, trying to follow along until the chaos became too much. He tumbled away from their gathering point with a startled shout as the massive creature emerged.
He landed among the now displaced group, fortunately unhurt from the event. He gazed up in awe at the sheer size and presence of the field guardian Sunbeam Ursa.
To add to the excitement, all of the creatures they met had returned! Mossdew was happy to see them all, and even more so that they were willing to forgive any of the misunderstandings from before. Everyone had come with the goal to make friends on this journey, and sometimes honest mistakes were part of that process. Mossdew knew from his own experiences from adventures with his clanmates that this could be true.
Mossdew listened carefully to the Ursa's riddle, repeating it to himself a few times to turn the words over in his mind.
"I'm not very good at riddles but..." Mossdew concentrated for a few moments, "A traveler who is learning, making friends, and a helper of a descendant... I think the answer is you, Jasmine!"
V0Ys4Wl.gifCat_Carnival_7_size_100.pngGY3dCkS.pngIQWJYtW.gif
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 36