Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Hivelocke - A bee style locke
[center]Welcome![/center] [indent]I decided that I wanted to partake in a ‘locke’, but nothing really seemed to fit what I was looking for, so I decided to make a new one (out of a conglomerate mess of some of the others and my own ideas of course!). Over-all the Hivelocke is focused on lore building, each part has potential for short stories to be written, even the coli grinding should be good for lore as you don’t have to focus on exalting your dragons if they die in coli (unless in hard mode). The Hivelocke is based on events in the life of a bee. The challenge follows similar guidelines to the original pinkerlocke challenge, as it follows what pinkerton gives you.. The instructions are kinda long winded so you’ll have to bear with me... [/indent] [center] [b]Getting started:[/b][/center] [indent]* Create a new tab in your lair, and hibernal den, for the hive as you won’t want to get them mixed up with your other perma’s. *Also note that the challenge will most likely take up a lot of space later in the challenge.* * Start off by obtaining a breed-able female (your Queen) and male pair, and put them in the ‘hive’ tab. Next, breed them. The child(ren) will be the Queen’s drone(s), scout(s) and caretaker(s). This is the official start of the challenge, you are able to get your first item from Pinkerton now!… * Think of it as if you were starting FR over again, and these are your two starter dragons, what is their story, how did they meet? Why did they decide to start a hive? What will they do next?[/indent] [center][b][u]Pinkerton Drops:[/u][/b][/center] [indent][b]Trinkets:[/b] [i]Easy mode:[/i] Choose one of the below options. [i]Normal mode:[/i] Do the option corresponding to the rarity of the trinket. [i]Hard mode:[/i] Do. THEM. ALL. 1 star: Favorite item(s)? 2 star: What is one thing you always carry with you? 3 star: What is the dragon's role? 4 star: What is one of their secrets? 5 star: Write a description of the dragon's personality. Shiny star: Choose one (If you want to ignore these specific rules just keep them the same as the materials.) [b]Materials:[/b] [i]Easy mode:[/i] Choose one of the below options. [i]Normal mode:[/i] Do the option corresponding to the rarity of the trinket. [i]Hard mode:[/i] Sketch line and color a full piece. 1 star: Sketch a bust of a dragon. 2 star: Sketch a bust of a dragon, and do the line art 3 star: Fully sketch a dragon 4 star: Fully sketch a dragon, and do the line art 5 star: Sketch two dragons together. Shiny star: Choose one (If you want to ignore these rules just keep them the same as the trinkets) [b]Food:[/b] Coliseum time! Defend the Hive against invaders! [i]Easy mode:[/i] Enjoy the coli, do however many rounds you want!) [i]Normal mode:[/i] Insects: 5 - 15 rounds Fish: 15 - 25 rounds Plants: 35 - 45 rounds Meat: 45 rounds, or in [i]hard mode[/i] death run! [b]Familiars:[/b] Time to breed, when the eggs hatch, flip a coin for every egg. If it’s tails, that child dies. Every clutch must have a living egg, so if none survive, choose one or have RNG do it for you. [i]Easy mode:[/i] Breed a pair of dragons, it’s your choice who.* [i]Normal & Hard mode:[/i] Breed the Queen and a male.* *If unable to breed you can write about a relationship, whether that be between two dragons, or a dragon and a familiar. [b]Apparel:[/b] Create an outfit for a dragon, or make or commission a piece of art work for a dragon. [b]Battle items:[/b] BBCode, design the bio and description of a dragon![/indent] [b]Crim Trades:[/b] Each week you get 1 mandatory extra event. You are able to trade once to be able to roll for an event (there is a limit to 1 trade a week for the challenge, meaning 1 event a week); keep in mind some events are only able to be accessed in certain seasons, are based on rng, have a high likelihood of nothing happening, and may cost resources, or for you to be at a certain point before the events can happen. (Timing might change as once a week seems too sparse.) [indent][list=1][*]Set a random number generator from 1 - 75, determine what season you are in (based on your current real world season), and get 1 number. [*]Determine which event you are eligible for, make sure you have the requirements beforehand.[/list][/indent] [b]Spring Events:*[/b] [list=i][*]An Abundance Of Pollen; Easy mode: 1-11. Normal and Hard mode: 1-7. [*]Birth; Easy mode: 12-18. Normal and Hard mode: 8-13. [*]Swarm; Easy mode: 19-24. Normal and Hard mode: 14-17. [*]Crowning; Easy mode: 25-31. Normal and Hard mode: 18-23. [*]Nothing Happens; Easy mode: 32-75. Normal and Hard mode: 24-75. [/list] [b]Summer Events*:[/b] [list=i][*]An Abundance Of Pollen; Easy mode: 1-6. Normal and Hard mode: 1-3. [*]Birth; Easy mode: 7-9. Normal and Hard mode: 4-6. [*]Swarm; Easy mode: 10-12. Normal and Hard mode: 7-8. [*]Crowning; Easy mode: 13-16. Normal and Hard mode: 9-10. [*]Nothing Happens; Easy mode: 17-75. Normal and Hard mode: 11-75. [/list] [b]Fall Events*:[/b] [list=i][*]Froze; Easy mode: 1-6. Normal and hard mode: 1-3. [*]Birth; Easy mode: 7-9. Normal and Hard mode: 4-6. [*]Swarm; Easy mode: 10-12. Normal and Hard mode: 7-8. [*]Crowning; Easy mode: 13-16. Normal and Hard mode: 9-10. [*]Lazy Bum; Easy mode: 17. Normal and hard mode: 11. [*]Nothing Happens; Easy mode: 18-75. Normal and Hard mode: 12-75. [/list] [b]Winter Events* **:[/b] [list=i][*]Froze; Easy mode: 1-15. Normal and hard mode: 1-26. [*]An Abundance Of Honey; Easy mode: 16-21. Normal and Hard mode: 27-30. [*]Early Thaw; Easy mode: 22-28. Normal and hard mode: 31-36. [/list] *See ‘Seasonal Events’ for information on each event. **See ‘Winter Gameplay’ for more information on the rules for winter. [center]__________________________________________________________________[/center] [u][b]Seasonal Events:[b][/u] Below is an alphabetical list of events, with their requirements. It should be noted that if the requirements aren’t met nothing will happen. Numbers still need to be adjusted, and more events may be added in the future, feel free to suggest some! I’m currently brainstorming some ideas for the monthly festivals... [LIST] [*][b]An Abundance of Honey:[/b] [list][*](To unlock this event the queen and a mate must be unfrozen* and able to breed. (*See ‘Winter Gameplay,’ for more information.)) [*][i]The Queen has decided that there is enough honey in the hive to allow one more nest to be born. Breed the Queen and her mate according to breeding rules: When the eggs hatch, flip a coin for every egg. If it’s tails, that child dies. Every clutch must have a living egg, so if none survive, choose one or have RNG do it for you.[/i][/list] [*][b]An Abundance Of Pollen:[/b] [list][*][i]There is so much pollen that the Queen feels brave enough to accept 1 dragon into the hive, buy the cheapest dragon from the AH, it can be a hatchling or fully grown. And can be bought in gems or treasure.[/i][/list] [*][b]Birth:[/b] [list][*](To unlock this event the lair must have exalted*; 30 (Easy), 50 (normal), or 75 (hard), fodder dragons. The Queen must also be able to breed. (*See ‘Getting rid of dragons (Fodder and Deaths)’ for more information.)) [*][i]With all of the new space the Queen has decided that it is time to birth a new Queen!Daughter. Breed the Queen and a mate, pick one of the daughters to be a Queen!Daughter, the rest of the hatchlings die. If no females are born; Easy mode: Try again after breeding cooldown. Normal and Hard mode: Nothing happens, better luck next time![/i][/list] [*][b]Crowning:[/b] [list][*](To unlock this event: the current Queen must be level 10 (Easy), 15 (normal), 20 (hard). The Queen must also have a Queen!daughter available.) [*][i]The old Queen is getting tired and has decided to pass the duty of the hive to one of her daughters. It is up to the player to decide what happens here. [/i] [*]I’ll probably use this for lore writing. For example, say the older dragons don’t agree with the new queen and start to revolt, in easy mode nothing could happen, in normal mode 1-2 dragons could die (never the new queen tho lol), in hard mode half the hive was wiped out including the old queen. As iterated before it is up to the player as this is a chance for lore writing. If you just want to continue on, then nothing can happen too.[/list] [*][b]Early Thaw:[/b] [list][*](To unlock this event there must be ‘frozen’* dragons to thaw. (*See ‘Winter Gameplay’ for more information.)) [*][i]Whew, it sure is warm today! Set an Rng to the amount of frozen dragons you have and get 2 numbers and whichever dragons that is, they are now unfrozen.[/i][/list] [*][b]Freeze:[/b] [list][*](This event can only happen when there are unfrozen* dragons. (*See ‘Winter Gameplay’ for details)) [*][i]It’s getting pretty cold and the queen is starting to get sluggish. After the big freeze the majority of the clan was frozen solid and forced into a deep sleep. Set an Rng for the remaining amount of unfrozen dragons; Easy and Normal mode: Get 1 number and whichever dragon that is, they are now frozen. Hard mode: Winter is hard for the elders in the hive, get the eldest dragon in the hive, minus the Queen or Queen!Daughters, and exalt them.[/i][/list] [*][b]Lazy Bums:[/b] [list][*][i]The Queen has decided that she no longer wants to support the male in her hive; Easy and Normal mode: Kick out half of the males in the hive, make sure to keep the males able to breed with the Queen. Hard mode: Get rid of all males, except one that is breedable with the Queen.[/i][/list] [*][b]Swarm:[/b] [list][*](To unlock this event: There must be a population of 20 (Easy), 30 (Normal), 50 (Hard). The Queen must also have a Queen!Daughter available in the hive.) [*][i]The Queen feels the hive is getting too crowded and has decided to kick out one of her Queen!Daughters. Take that daughter, and a breedable male (can be obtained from the AH or already owned) and put them in a new tab, this will be the start of another hive*. (*See ‘Hive/New Hive Rules’ for details).[/i][/list] [b][u]Winter Gameplay[/u][/b] [list][*]Once your game reaches winter, there is an extra gameplay mechanic added in. This is referred to as being “Frozen”. [*]The first day of winter is when the hive goes into lockdown. In all gameplay modes the player gets to choose half of their dragons that are going to be ‘frozen,’ or put in the hibernal den. [*]There are certain events that can freeze, or unfreeze (thaw) dragons in your hibernal den. On top of this 1 dragon gets to be unfrozen each day, and dragons that have already been frozen that winter can’t be frozen again until next winter. [*]The Queen [b]CAN[/b] be frozen, as can her Queen!Daughters, they are usually the last to freeze though, and should be priority to thaw first. [*]Some events require the Queen to be unfrozen, such as breeding. If she is frozen nothing happens. [*]You don’t need to coli in the winter! (But you can if you want) [*]As soon as a dragon gets frozen, move them to the hibernal den, even if it is for one day. [*]On the first day of spring all frozen dragons get thawed and come back to life, make sure to keep a record of which dragon was FROZEN THE LONGEST, [b]AS THEY WILL DIE.*[/b] (*See ‘Getting Rid of Dragons (Fodder and Deaths)’ for more information.)
Welcome!
I decided that I wanted to partake in a ‘locke’, but nothing really seemed to fit what I was looking for, so I decided to make a new one (out of a conglomerate mess of some of the others and my own ideas of course!). Over-all the Hivelocke is focused on lore building, each part has potential for short stories to be written, even the coli grinding should be good for lore as you don’t have to focus on exalting your dragons if they die in coli (unless in hard mode). The Hivelocke is based on events in the life of a bee. The challenge follows similar guidelines to the original pinkerlocke challenge, as it follows what pinkerton gives you.. The instructions are kinda long winded so you’ll have to bear with me...
Getting started:
* Create a new tab in your lair, and hibernal den, for the hive as you won’t want to get them mixed up with your other perma’s. *Also note that the challenge will most likely take up a lot of space later in the challenge.*
* Start off by obtaining a breed-able female (your Queen) and male pair, and put them in the ‘hive’ tab. Next, breed them. The child(ren) will be the Queen’s drone(s), scout(s) and caretaker(s). This is the official start of the challenge, you are able to get your first item from Pinkerton now!…
* Think of it as if you were starting FR over again, and these are your two starter dragons, what is their story, how did they meet? Why did they decide to start a hive? What will they do next?
Pinkerton Drops:
Trinkets:
Easy mode: Choose one of the below options.
Normal mode: Do the option corresponding to the rarity of the trinket.
Hard mode: Do. THEM. ALL.
1 star: Favorite item(s)?
2 star: What is one thing you always carry with you?
3 star: What is the dragon's role?
4 star: What is one of their secrets?
5 star: Write a description of the dragon's personality.
Shiny star: Choose one
(If you want to ignore these specific rules just keep them the same as the materials.)

Materials:
Easy mode: Choose one of the below options.
Normal mode: Do the option corresponding to the rarity of the trinket.
Hard mode: Sketch line and color a full piece.
1 star: Sketch a bust of a dragon.
2 star: Sketch a bust of a dragon, and do the line art
3 star: Fully sketch a dragon
4 star: Fully sketch a dragon, and do the line art
5 star: Sketch two dragons together.
Shiny star: Choose one
(If you want to ignore these rules just keep them the same as the trinkets)

Food: Coliseum time! Defend the Hive against invaders!
Easy mode: Enjoy the coli, do however many rounds you want!)
Normal mode:
Insects: 5 - 15 rounds
Fish: 15 - 25 rounds
Plants: 35 - 45 rounds
Meat: 45 rounds, or
in hard mode death run!

Familiars:
Time to breed, when the eggs hatch, flip a coin for every egg. If it’s tails, that child dies. Every clutch must have a living egg, so if none survive, choose one or have RNG do it for you.
Easy mode: Breed a pair of dragons, it’s your choice who.*
Normal & Hard mode: Breed the Queen and a male.*
*If unable to breed you can write about a relationship, whether that be between two dragons, or a dragon and a familiar.

Apparel:
Create an outfit for a dragon, or make or commission a piece of art work for a dragon.

Battle items:
BBCode, design the bio and description of a dragon!

Crim Trades:
Each week you get 1 mandatory extra event. You are able to trade once to be able to roll for an event (there is a limit to 1 trade a week for the challenge, meaning 1 event a week); keep in mind some events are only able to be accessed in certain seasons, are based on rng, have a high likelihood of nothing happening, and may cost resources, or for you to be at a certain point before the events can happen. (Timing might change as once a week seems too sparse.)
  1. Set a random number generator from 1 - 75, determine what season you are in (based on your current real world season), and get 1 number.
  2. Determine which event you are eligible for, make sure you have the requirements beforehand.

Spring Events:*
  1. An Abundance Of Pollen; Easy mode: 1-11. Normal and Hard mode: 1-7.
  2. Birth; Easy mode: 12-18. Normal and Hard mode: 8-13.
  3. Swarm; Easy mode: 19-24. Normal and Hard mode: 14-17.
  4. Crowning; Easy mode: 25-31. Normal and Hard mode: 18-23.
  5. Nothing Happens; Easy mode: 32-75. Normal and Hard mode: 24-75.

Summer Events*:
  1. An Abundance Of Pollen; Easy mode: 1-6. Normal and Hard mode: 1-3.
  2. Birth; Easy mode: 7-9. Normal and Hard mode: 4-6.
  3. Swarm; Easy mode: 10-12. Normal and Hard mode: 7-8.
  4. Crowning; Easy mode: 13-16. Normal and Hard mode: 9-10.
  5. Nothing Happens; Easy mode: 17-75. Normal and Hard mode: 11-75.

Fall Events*:
  1. Froze; Easy mode: 1-6. Normal and hard mode: 1-3.
  2. Birth; Easy mode: 7-9. Normal and Hard mode: 4-6.
  3. Swarm; Easy mode: 10-12. Normal and Hard mode: 7-8.
  4. Crowning; Easy mode: 13-16. Normal and Hard mode: 9-10.
  5. Lazy Bum; Easy mode: 17. Normal and hard mode: 11.
  6. Nothing Happens; Easy mode: 18-75. Normal and Hard mode: 12-75.

Winter Events* **:
  1. Froze; Easy mode: 1-15. Normal and hard mode: 1-26.
  2. An Abundance Of Honey; Easy mode: 16-21. Normal and Hard mode: 27-30.
  3. Early Thaw; Easy mode: 22-28. Normal and hard mode: 31-36.
*See ‘Seasonal Events’ for information on each event.
**See ‘Winter Gameplay’ for more information on the rules for winter.

Seasonal Events: Below is an alphabetical list of events, with their requirements. It should be noted that if the requirements aren’t met nothing will happen. Numbers still need to be adjusted, and more events may be added in the future, feel free to suggest some! I’m currently brainstorming some ideas for the monthly festivals...
  • An Abundance of Honey:
    • (To unlock this event the queen and a mate must be unfrozen* and able to breed. (*See ‘Winter Gameplay,’ for more information.))
    • The Queen has decided that there is enough honey in the hive to allow one more nest to be born. Breed the Queen and her mate according to breeding rules: When the eggs hatch, flip a coin for every egg. If it’s tails, that child dies. Every clutch must have a living egg, so if none survive, choose one or have RNG do it for you.
  • An Abundance Of Pollen:
    • There is so much pollen that the Queen feels brave enough to accept 1 dragon into the hive, buy the cheapest dragon from the AH, it can be a hatchling or fully grown. And can be bought in gems or treasure.
  • Birth:
    • (To unlock this event the lair must have exalted*; 30 (Easy), 50 (normal), or 75 (hard), fodder dragons. The Queen must also be able to breed. (*See ‘Getting rid of dragons (Fodder and Deaths)’ for more information.))
    • With all of the new space the Queen has decided that it is time to birth a new Queen!Daughter. Breed the Queen and a mate, pick one of the daughters to be a Queen!Daughter, the rest of the hatchlings die. If no females are born; Easy mode: Try again after breeding cooldown. Normal and Hard mode: Nothing happens, better luck next time!
  • Crowning:
    • (To unlock this event: the current Queen must be level 10 (Easy), 15 (normal), 20 (hard). The Queen must also have a Queen!daughter available.)
    • The old Queen is getting tired and has decided to pass the duty of the hive to one of her daughters. It is up to the player to decide what happens here.
    • I’ll probably use this for lore writing. For example, say the older dragons don’t agree with the new queen and start to revolt, in easy mode nothing could happen, in normal mode 1-2 dragons could die (never the new queen tho lol), in hard mode half the hive was wiped out including the old queen. As iterated before it is up to the player as this is a chance for lore writing. If you just want to continue on, then nothing can happen too.
  • Early Thaw:
    • (To unlock this event there must be ‘frozen’* dragons to thaw. (*See ‘Winter Gameplay’ for more information.))
    • Whew, it sure is warm today! Set an Rng to the amount of frozen dragons you have and get 2 numbers and whichever dragons that is, they are now unfrozen.
  • Freeze:
    • (This event can only happen when there are unfrozen* dragons. (*See ‘Winter Gameplay’ for details))
    • It’s getting pretty cold and the queen is starting to get sluggish. After the big freeze the majority of the clan was frozen solid and forced into a deep sleep. Set an Rng for the remaining amount of unfrozen dragons; Easy and Normal mode: Get 1 number and whichever dragon that is, they are now frozen. Hard mode: Winter is hard for the elders in the hive, get the eldest dragon in the hive, minus the Queen or Queen!Daughters, and exalt them.
  • Lazy Bums:
    • The Queen has decided that she no longer wants to support the male in her hive; Easy and Normal mode: Kick out half of the males in the hive, make sure to keep the males able to breed with the Queen. Hard mode: Get rid of all males, except one that is breedable with the Queen.
  • Swarm:
    • (To unlock this event: There must be a population of 20 (Easy), 30 (Normal), 50 (Hard). The Queen must also have a Queen!Daughter available in the hive.)
    • The Queen feels the hive is getting too crowded and has decided to kick out one of her Queen!Daughters. Take that daughter, and a breedable male (can be obtained from the AH or already owned) and put them in a new tab, this will be the start of another hive*. (*See ‘Hive/New Hive Rules’ for details).

Winter Gameplay
    • Once your game reaches winter, there is an extra gameplay mechanic added in. This is referred to as being “Frozen”.
    • The first day of winter is when the hive goes into lockdown. In all gameplay modes the player gets to choose half of their dragons that are going to be ‘frozen,’ or put in the hibernal den.
    • There are certain events that can freeze, or unfreeze (thaw) dragons in your hibernal den. On top of this 1 dragon gets to be unfrozen each day, and dragons that have already been frozen that winter can’t be frozen again until next winter.
    • The Queen CAN be frozen, as can her Queen!Daughters, they are usually the last to freeze though, and should be priority to thaw first.
    • Some events require the Queen to be unfrozen, such as breeding. If she is frozen nothing happens.
    • You don’t need to coli in the winter! (But you can if you want)
    • As soon as a dragon gets frozen, move them to the hibernal den, even if it is for one day.
    • On the first day of spring all frozen dragons get thawed and come back to life, make sure to keep a record of which dragon was FROZEN THE LONGEST, AS THEY WILL DIE.*
      (*See ‘Getting Rid of Dragons (Fodder and Deaths)’ for more information.)

hZipXGO.png
cSKe1Cn.png
CioCFC3.png
HJLIYn4.png
em6G0U2.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
H5iV1HN.png
[b][u]Hive/New Hive Rules:[/u][/b] There is an event that allows you to start another hive. After this happens here are some choices to make: [list=1][*] You have technically won the challenge and can end there. [*]Continue playing, keep the old and new hive separate, they will each have their individual challenge, you can play them on rotating days, or on the same day. [*]The new hive dies and you continue playing the old hive. [*]The old hive dies, or you perma them, and continue playing the new hive (starting over of starting a new generation,,, I think it would be fun to incorporate a legacy challenge) [*]You could put the new Queen and her mate on this thread and give them away to someone who wants to do the challenge. [*]This isn’t a definitive list, there may be more options.[/list] [b][u]Getting Rid of Dragons (Fodder and Deaths): [/u][/b] There are several ways to get fodder (dead) dragons from this challenge. Many coming from events from Crim. [list][*]Any event that involves breeding will most likely give you some fodder to sell or exalt. [*]For events that require a certain number of exalts, the exalted dragons must be from the challenge, not outside sources. [*]Deaths can come from freezing events. [*]From the event ‘Lazy Bums’, the males are considered dead. [*]No dragon that is supposed to be dead is allowed to rejoin the challenge or hive. [*]All dead dragons should be immediately trained and exalted, or sold. [*]On top of all of this, if writing lore for certain events, you can make other dragons die. [/list] [b][u]Queen!Daughters About:[/u][/b] [list][*]Queen!Daughters can only be made from the event ‘Birth.’ [*]Queen!Daughters are necessary for a lot of the events. [*]After the ‘Birth’ of a Queen!Daughter, the tally for exalts is reset and must be done again to Birth a new queen. [/list] [b][u]How to get more dragons:[/u][/b] [list][*]For whatever reason if you want more dragons in the challenge you are going to have to get lucky. Either get an event for breeding, buying a new dragon, or stumble upon an egg while grinding in the coli. [/list] [b][u]How to lose:[/u][/b] [list][*]The Queen dying from being frozen the longest, [*]The Queen dying from death streak in hard mode, [*]The Queen dying for Lore reasons! [*]If you quit the challenge. [/list] [b][u]How to win:[/u][/b] [list][*]You win the challenge when you successfully swarm! [*]There may be other achievements added later. [/list] Final words: Overall just have fun with the challenge! It was made with the prospect of writing lore. Make sure you keep track of who’s who, and who has been frozen. Soon I will upload badges for those, and myself, who have completed the challenge, gotten rare events, etc… __________________________________________________________________ FAQ: Feel free to ask questions! Or give suggestions, on bug fixes. __________________________________________________________________ References and Credits: Lovecraftian Nuzlocke Variant by @/Pasafatu https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1481136#post_1481136 Firoz Taverbi's Biolocke by @/FirozTaverbi https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823161/1 Timelocke Guidebook (a locke challenge) by @/CleverDual and @/Petall https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2405765/1 Littletoes101's Biolocke by @/littletoes101 https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827399/1 The Hiberlocke by @/Relics https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2816214/1#post_42136035 Seasonal Cycles of Activities in Colonies. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://agdev.anr.udel.edu/maarec/honey-bee-biology/seasonal-cycles-of-activities-in-colonies/
Hive/New Hive Rules:
There is an event that allows you to start another hive. After this happens here are some choices to make:
  1. You have technically won the challenge and can end there.
  2. Continue playing, keep the old and new hive separate, they will each have their individual challenge, you can play them on rotating days, or on the same day.
  3. The new hive dies and you continue playing the old hive.
  4. The old hive dies, or you perma them, and continue playing the new hive (starting over of starting a new generation,,, I think it would be fun to incorporate a legacy challenge)
  5. You could put the new Queen and her mate on this thread and give them away to someone who wants to do the challenge.
  6. This isn’t a definitive list, there may be more options.

Getting Rid of Dragons (Fodder and Deaths):
There are several ways to get fodder (dead) dragons from this challenge. Many coming from events from Crim.
  • Any event that involves breeding will most likely give you some fodder to sell or exalt.
  • For events that require a certain number of exalts, the exalted dragons must be from the challenge, not outside sources.
  • Deaths can come from freezing events.
  • From the event ‘Lazy Bums’, the males are considered dead.
  • No dragon that is supposed to be dead is allowed to rejoin the challenge or hive.
  • All dead dragons should be immediately trained and exalted, or sold.
  • On top of all of this, if writing lore for certain events, you can make other dragons die.

Queen!Daughters About:
  • Queen!Daughters can only be made from the event ‘Birth.’
  • Queen!Daughters are necessary for a lot of the events.
  • After the ‘Birth’ of a Queen!Daughter, the tally for exalts is reset and must be done again to Birth a new queen.

How to get more dragons:
  • For whatever reason if you want more dragons in the challenge you are going to have to get lucky. Either get an event for breeding, buying a new dragon, or stumble upon an egg while grinding in the coli.

How to lose:
  • The Queen dying from being frozen the longest,
  • The Queen dying from death streak in hard mode,
  • The Queen dying for Lore reasons!
  • If you quit the challenge.

How to win:
  • You win the challenge when you successfully swarm!
  • There may be other achievements added later.

Final words:

Overall just have fun with the challenge! It was made with the prospect of writing lore. Make sure you keep track of who’s who, and who has been frozen.

Soon I will upload badges for those, and myself, who have completed the challenge, gotten rare events, etc…

Feel free to ask questions! Or give suggestions, on bug fixes.

References and Credits:

Lovecraftian Nuzlocke Variant by @/Pasafatu
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1481136#post_1481136

Firoz Taverbi's Biolocke by @/FirozTaverbi
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823161/1

Timelocke Guidebook (a locke challenge) by @/CleverDual and @/Petall
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2405765/1

Littletoes101's Biolocke by @/littletoes101
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827399/1

The Hiberlocke by @/Relics
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2816214/1#post_42136035

Seasonal Cycles of Activities in Colonies. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://agdev.anr.udel.edu/maarec/honey-bee-biology/seasonal-cycles-of-activities-in-colonies/
hZipXGO.png
cSKe1Cn.png
CioCFC3.png
HJLIYn4.png
em6G0U2.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
H5iV1HN.png
I plan on starting in the next day or two to hopefully work out bugs, add more events, and start writing my lore... You can find my WIP Pinkerlocke thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2831763#post_2831763
I plan on starting in the next day or two to hopefully work out bugs, add more events, and start writing my lore... You can find my WIP Pinkerlocke thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2831763#post_2831763
hZipXGO.png
cSKe1Cn.png
CioCFC3.png
HJLIYn4.png
em6G0U2.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
H5iV1HN.png
[columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Sb4n7Qh.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] [center] <I just uploaded my first entry, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2831763#post_43553072]Here![/url][/center] [/columns] Testing?: [img]https://i.imgur.com/20fblQh.png[/img]
Sb4n7Qh.png
<I just uploaded my first entry, Here!

Testing?:

20fblQh.png
hZipXGO.png
cSKe1Cn.png
CioCFC3.png
HJLIYn4.png
em6G0U2.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
H5iV1HN.png