Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ2020] Pirate Treasure CYOA!
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
@MoonEclispe - I ended up uploading this as a temporary fix, but I can remove it if you want: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Oh5nhFd.jpg[/img] My friend turned the file into a jpg because the png was giving her a false black background instead of a transparent one when she copied it over. Then she moved the image in a separate layer to the corner of her canvass and cropped the canvass to the right size. She centered the image. And then in Photoshop she "saved for web" instead of "save as jpg," which allowed her to change the size of the final file. Neither of us are sure how to make a transparent background, though, which is one reason it's only a temporary fix.
@MoonEclispe - I ended up uploading this as a temporary fix, but I can remove it if you want:
Oh5nhFd.jpg

My friend turned the file into a jpg because the png was giving her a false black background instead of a transparent one when she copied it over. Then she moved the image in a separate layer to the corner of her canvass and cropped the canvass to the right size. She centered the image. And then in Photoshop she "saved for web" instead of "save as jpg," which allowed her to change the size of the final file.

Neither of us are sure how to make a transparent background, though, which is one reason it's only a temporary fix.
LxbWmll.png
@Alfamangle @Breezefeather, @CatchyEarwyrm19, @Pyruvae, @MoonEclispe
Thank you so much for all of the work you put into the art for this project. The people who played the game had high praises for your art - it turned the project into an event. I was going to send you individual messages instead, but I wanted to ping you into the thread so you can see how much everyone else enjoyed your artwork too.

@wetdog15 @felistopaz @RisenWolf @Saraceaser
Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed the event.
@Alfamangle @Breezefeather, @CatchyEarwyrm19, @Pyruvae, @MoonEclispe
Thank you so much for all of the work you put into the art for this project. The people who played the game had high praises for your art - it turned the project into an event. I was going to send you individual messages instead, but I wanted to ping you into the thread so you can see how much everyone else enjoyed your artwork too.

@wetdog15 @felistopaz @RisenWolf @Saraceaser
Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed the event.
LxbWmll.png
Thanks for hosting this. Even though I didn’t rp, I had fun!
Thanks for hosting this. Even though I didn’t rp, I had fun!
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
Aaah I almost forgot to RP! Also thanks for running this! Sunny and I had a lot of fun :D ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52490454] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524905/52490454_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sunny feels incredibly lucky to have had a soft landing. She isn't sure how she'd have coped with a crash. And the airship is not even totaled! Gegory's in for a surprise if she manages to bring it back. Somehow. She'll need to learn how to actually fix engines for that, though. And then, the treasure. Sure, it looked somewhat disappointing at first (she's not judging anyone; she treasures her alstroemeria fox plush, too) but finding the gold coins is the highlight of her day! Honestly, she can barely believe all of this has happened in just one day. Her game with Gregory seems so long ago... And suddenly, Sunny feels very, very tired. Stifling a yawn, she pulls out a tiny mirror from under her fur. It's miraculously been spared from the stew. "Trifle", she mutters. The mirror turns grey in response. "I need someone to fetch me home. And bring..." A yawn. "Gregory and Asco, please. You won't believe what I've found!"
Aaah I almost forgot to RP!
Also thanks for running this! Sunny and I had a lot of fun :D

Sunny feels incredibly lucky to have had a soft landing. She isn't sure how she'd have coped with a crash.
And the airship is not even totaled! Gegory's in for a surprise if she manages to bring it back. Somehow. She'll need to learn how to actually fix engines for that, though.

And then, the treasure. Sure, it looked somewhat disappointing at first (she's not judging anyone; she treasures her alstroemeria fox plush, too) but finding the gold coins is the highlight of her day!

Honestly, she can barely believe all of this has happened in just one day. Her game with Gregory seems so long ago...
And suddenly, Sunny feels very, very tired.

Stifling a yawn, she pulls out a tiny mirror from under her fur. It's miraculously been spared from the stew.
"Trifle", she mutters. The mirror turns grey in response. "I need someone to fetch me home. And bring..." A yawn. "Gregory and Asco, please. You won't believe what I've found!"
frcomm48.png
@unidra

The issue was bad layering on my fault. I accidentally started off the drawing on a while background. I then messed up the layers a bit and I only realized my mistake afterwards. I was worried I wouldn't be able to fix it and then there was a button that let me swap the background to transparent, but the issue then was that I accidentally combined the drawing with the background at that point. I forgot how I eventually tricked it into letting me change it into a transparent, but I know it messed up the drawing for a bit and I was quite upset about it. I wish I knew the program enough to fix it, but I'm afraid I don't. If you want I can try and recreate the drawing with a transparent background, but it might take a bit. At this point it's your call. Sorry about that. (I really thought I got it fixed there. 8( )
@unidra

The issue was bad layering on my fault. I accidentally started off the drawing on a while background. I then messed up the layers a bit and I only realized my mistake afterwards. I was worried I wouldn't be able to fix it and then there was a button that let me swap the background to transparent, but the issue then was that I accidentally combined the drawing with the background at that point. I forgot how I eventually tricked it into letting me change it into a transparent, but I know it messed up the drawing for a bit and I was quite upset about it. I wish I knew the program enough to fix it, but I'm afraid I don't. If you want I can try and recreate the drawing with a transparent background, but it might take a bit. At this point it's your call. Sorry about that. (I really thought I got it fixed there. 8( )
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
@MoonEclispe

No worries. Your version has the transparent background, so you have it right. I think either my friend formatted it wrong on her computer or, more likely, I messed something up before uploading it. How did you get it transparent?

Thank you so much for making the badge. It's a gorgeous badge.
@MoonEclispe

No worries. Your version has the transparent background, so you have it right. I think either my friend formatted it wrong on her computer or, more likely, I messed something up before uploading it. How did you get it transparent?

Thank you so much for making the badge. It's a gorgeous badge.
LxbWmll.png
@/unidra

Well one of my dear friends who is in my group told me to try and see if I could find the answer on google. Since the program I was using is fire alpaca, it said to look for a button that said swap background or something similar. Since I the background was merged it initially didn't work, but eventually I used a selection tool to try and make separate layers of just the badge, but it ended up clipping some of the background with it which I had to create a thicker border to get rid of it. Eventually it appeared fully transparent after some previews on other platforms, so I thought I got myself out of the little hole I dug and I sent it to you.
@/unidra

Well one of my dear friends who is in my group told me to try and see if I could find the answer on google. Since the program I was using is fire alpaca, it said to look for a button that said swap background or something similar. Since I the background was merged it initially didn't work, but eventually I used a selection tool to try and make separate layers of just the badge, but it ended up clipping some of the background with it which I had to create a thicker border to get rid of it. Eventually it appeared fully transparent after some previews on other platforms, so I thought I got myself out of the little hole I dug and I sent it to you.
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
@unidra The badge is fixed thanks to @Crim and their amazing editing skills! [img]https://i.imgur.com/9z3J6U1.png[/img] ^ This should work much better!
@unidra

The badge is fixed thanks to @Crim and their amazing editing skills!

9z3J6U1.png

^ This should work much better!
@MoonEclispe

Thank you so much - and thanks @Crim!
@MoonEclispe

Thank you so much - and thanks @Crim!
LxbWmll.png
Redrawing for the remaining prize:

@Signol - could you respond in 24 hours if you want the Haunted Treasure prize?
Redrawing for the remaining prize:

@Signol - could you respond in 24 hours if you want the Haunted Treasure prize?
LxbWmll.png
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37