Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ2020] Pirate Treasure CYOA!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36 37
[size=2]continuing to use my roleplay distraction as you said :) i wish i had the patience to actually redress my dragon, but instead he just got changed in the dressing room[/size] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22344706] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/223448/22344706_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A lot of things happened at once. The first mate shouted and started cursing as he received a face full of snake. He let go of the Coatl in his claws so he could instead try to catch Knot. He stumbled around, cursing snakes and snakey dragons and making all sorts of threats for what he'd do once he caught them both. Syroc turned in the air and managed to land safely on the ground. He wasted no time and immediately started gathering wind magic to propel his flight forward as fast as possible. Knot wriggled around, making as much of a nuisance of itself as possible. It was probably lucky that noone but Syroc could understand it, because it was cursing out the first mate and making threats right back at it. Once it saw Syroc was freed, it hissed one last expletive and poked an eye for good measure before springing itself off his face and onto the Coatl's tail. With a strong gust of wind, Syroc zoomed away, ignoring the shouting and clattering behind him as the first mate fell over clutching at his eye. He barely paid attention to where he was going, focused only on trying to find a way out. He couldn't find any more windows to sneak out of, but Knot hissed at him to sneak into the open door ahead of them. They dropped down into a shadowy corner and froze still, listening for any footsteps following them. A few minutes pass in silence. Knot uncoils itself and drops to the floor in relief. It barely noticed Syroc flying away until it heard rustling and things being moved around. [i]Noooooo! No more! We go home![/i] it hissed urgently at the Coatl, but he did nothing more than hum noncommittally and continue peering into the crates, looking for something interesting. "[i]They're PIRATES! How often will we see pirates, Knot? We need to take advantage of the opportunity! Besides, after all of that, we might as well get something out of it! They're pirates, so they must have SOME kind of treasure![/i]" Knot continued to hiss in distress, but after barely stopping him in time from looking into a frankly worrying crate, it decided to accept that this was it's life now. A few minutes and a lot of crates containing worrying things later, the curious and excitable Coatl and the distressed snake around his neck came across their first truly interesting find. "[i]Knot! It's a TREASURE MAP![/i]" If the snake was a dragon it would've wailed in despair, but as it is it only drooped sadly and limply on his neck. It already knew where this was going. Fortunately, it had at least been able to convince its troublesome charge to grab the pirate clothes they had found earlier. They'd need all the help they could get to get out of here. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=22344706&skin=22926&apparel=941,26141,19638,602,953,22168,29582,606,603,6027&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center]
continuing to use my roleplay distraction as you said :)
i wish i had the patience to actually redress my dragon, but instead he just got changed in the dressing room

A lot of things happened at once.

The first mate shouted and started cursing as he received a face full of snake. He let go of the Coatl in his claws so he could instead try to catch Knot. He stumbled around, cursing snakes and snakey dragons and making all sorts of threats for what he'd do once he caught them both.

Syroc turned in the air and managed to land safely on the ground. He wasted no time and immediately started gathering wind magic to propel his flight forward as fast as possible.

Knot wriggled around, making as much of a nuisance of itself as possible. It was probably lucky that noone but Syroc could understand it, because it was cursing out the first mate and making threats right back at it. Once it saw Syroc was freed, it hissed one last expletive and poked an eye for good measure before springing itself off his face and onto the Coatl's tail.

With a strong gust of wind, Syroc zoomed away, ignoring the shouting and clattering behind him as the first mate fell over clutching at his eye.

He barely paid attention to where he was going, focused only on trying to find a way out. He couldn't find any more windows to sneak out of, but Knot hissed at him to sneak into the open door ahead of them.

They dropped down into a shadowy corner and froze still, listening for any footsteps following them.

A few minutes pass in silence.

Knot uncoils itself and drops to the floor in relief. It barely noticed Syroc flying away until it heard rustling and things being moved around.

Noooooo! No more! We go home! it hissed urgently at the Coatl, but he did nothing more than hum noncommittally and continue peering into the crates, looking for something interesting.

"They're PIRATES! How often will we see pirates, Knot? We need to take advantage of the opportunity! Besides, after all of that, we might as well get something out of it! They're pirates, so they must have SOME kind of treasure!"

Knot continued to hiss in distress, but after barely stopping him in time from looking into a frankly worrying crate, it decided to accept that this was it's life now.

A few minutes and a lot of crates containing worrying things later, the curious and excitable Coatl and the distressed snake around his neck came across their first truly interesting find.

"Knot! It's a TREASURE MAP!"

If the snake was a dragon it would've wailed in despair, but as it is it only drooped sadly and limply on his neck. It already knew where this was going. Fortunately, it had at least been able to convince its troublesome charge to grab the pirate clothes they had found earlier. They'd need all the help they could get to get out of here.
dragon?did=22344706&skin=22926&apparel=941,26141,19638,602,953,22168,29582,606,603,6027&xt=dressing.png
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
@unidra My cat was apparently very offended I'm playing this without his contribution so he laid down across the keyboard while I was choosing :D I didn't get to see which option got submitted but I meant to choose "Ask if you can become a pirate?". Sorry for the inconvenience! [emoji=cat 1 size=1]
@unidra My cat was apparently very offended I'm playing this without his contribution so he laid down across the keyboard while I was choosing :D
I didn't get to see which option got submitted but I meant to choose "Ask if you can become a pirate?".
Sorry for the inconvenience!
@riazaia

Naughty kitty. I guess that's why we love them though. Don't worry - it's not an inconvenience. I have to put everything into a spreadsheet anyway. I'll set that as your option.

@retrace That's an impressive - and effective - distraction!
@riazaia

Naughty kitty. I guess that's why we love them though. Don't worry - it's not an inconvenience. I have to put everything into a spreadsheet anyway. I'll set that as your option.

@retrace That's an impressive - and effective - distraction!
LxbWmll.png
@unidra
thanks! knot had to improvise since syroc was being useless, and well, not much a snake can do but constrict or wriggle around. the first mate was probably lucky knot is a pacifist snake. :p
@unidra
thanks! knot had to improvise since syroc was being useless, and well, not much a snake can do but constrict or wriggle around. the first mate was probably lucky knot is a pacifist snake. :p
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
@unidra OOoh such descisions! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59236984] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/592370/59236984_350.png[/img] [/url] Vitra carefully tucks the map into her bag, and [b]grabs the pirate clothes, putting them on. [/b]I hope this fools them! She also sticks the potato and cogs in her bag. [i]'I've been lucky so far! I hope I make it out!!'[/i] She thinks. Glancing around, she races out of the hall. [b]I have to get out of here with the map![/b] don't know if that is allowed, but it might come in handy!
@unidra
OOoh such descisions!

59236984_350.png

Vitra carefully tucks the map into her bag, and grabs the pirate clothes, putting them on. I hope this fools them! She also sticks the potato and cogs in her bag.
'I've been lucky so far! I hope I make it out!!' She thinks. Glancing around, she races out of the hall. I have to get out of here with the map!

don't know if that is allowed, but it might come in handy!
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48456622] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484567/48456622_350.png[/img] [/url] Nikolai squirms his way out of the first mate's claws and dashes away, searching for a good hiding spot before the mate can follow him. He winds up in a room full of crates, which he immediately knows is a bad sign. Deep down, he knows he's supposed to be looking for treasure, but as a dragon with kleptomania, he can't help it, he has to steal [i]EVERYTHING[/i]. The first crate is full of clothes and Nikolai dons those that fit, hoping it will help him blend in more with the crew and make his eventual escape easier. He pries open another crate to find three brass cogs and a potato. He quickly shoves the cogs into a satchel he found in the first crate and looks down at the potato. Eh, what the heck. He adds the potato to his sack too-- it looks edible. A foul odor seeps through the cracks in another crate, so Nikolai avoids opening that one. Finally, after opening several more crates and stealing what he can, he finds what he came here for-- a treasure map. He doesn't need a pirate ship and crew to figure out where this map leads, and to be honest, he always works best alone. Nikolai pockets the map and begins to search for a way off the ship where he won't be spotted...

48456622_350.png

Nikolai squirms his way out of the first mate's claws and dashes away, searching for a good hiding spot before the mate can follow him. He winds up in a room full of crates, which he immediately knows is a bad sign. Deep down, he knows he's supposed to be looking for treasure, but as a dragon with kleptomania, he can't help it, he has to steal EVERYTHING.

The first crate is full of clothes and Nikolai dons those that fit, hoping it will help him blend in more with the crew and make his eventual escape easier. He pries open another crate to find three brass cogs and a potato. He quickly shoves the cogs into a satchel he found in the first crate and looks down at the potato. Eh, what the heck. He adds the potato to his sack too-- it looks edible. A foul odor seeps through the cracks in another crate, so Nikolai avoids opening that one.

Finally, after opening several more crates and stealing what he can, he finds what he came here for-- a treasure map. He doesn't need a pirate ship and crew to figure out where this map leads, and to be honest, he always works best alone. Nikolai pockets the map and begins to search for a way off the ship where he won't be spotted...
wjPnp7u.png
@unidra

I accidentally submitted a blank response, but submitted one with my username immediately afterwards. Just letting you know who the accidental one is!
@unidra

I accidentally submitted a blank response, but submitted one with my username immediately afterwards. Just letting you know who the accidental one is!

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
@SunstonePhoenix

Okay - thanks for letting me know!
@SunstonePhoenix

Okay - thanks for letting me know!
LxbWmll.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52490454] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524905/52490454_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "W-wait!", Sunny blurts out. "Actually, that was- I want to join you!" "I'm- you know, I'm a gaoler, I'm very strong! Like, I can lift crates, big heavy crates! I can lift you too if you want-" She stops. "And, I only ate the biscuits because I wanted to check if they were... uh, poisoned, yes! Like, because they just sat there with no one around - anyone could have snuck in and poisoned them. That's right, I only wanted to help!" Frankly, she's got no idea what she's even saying. Or if she's been breathing between the sentences. "And, yeah, I'm really the perfect candidate, I think! Because, I got in here without you noticing me - that's good, right? And, um, uh... I, I have the stench down already!"

"W-wait!", Sunny blurts out. "Actually, that was- I want to join you!"

"I'm- you know, I'm a gaoler, I'm very strong! Like, I can lift crates, big heavy crates! I can lift you too if you want-" She stops. "And, I only ate the biscuits because I wanted to check if they were... uh, poisoned, yes! Like, because they just sat there with no one around - anyone could have snuck in and poisoned them. That's right, I only wanted to help!"

Frankly, she's got no idea what she's even saying. Or if she's been breathing between the sentences.
"And, yeah, I'm really the perfect candidate, I think! Because, I got in here without you noticing me - that's good, right? And, um, uh... I, I have the stench down already!"
frcomm48.png
@unidra

I think I accidentally submitted to the wrong form yesterday, as I was on the stowaway/not Bruce path, should I continue on that path or the Bruce path that I submitted for yesterday?
@unidra

I think I accidentally submitted to the wrong form yesterday, as I was on the stowaway/not Bruce path, should I continue on that path or the Bruce path that I submitted for yesterday?
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36 37