Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Vow of Poverty Game! Follow Along!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 269 270
[center][size=6]Daily Update[/size][/center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59099454] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/590995/59099454_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Deep in the snowy depths of the Boreal Wood, Trev took a moment to rest and shake the sting out of his bloodied paw after tangling with yet another herd of bandits. It wasn't exactly the height of politeness to rifle through enemies' pockets, but when one had taken a vow to use only what one gained from battle, politeness took a backseat. To his utter shock, one of the nondescript Maren Wanderers's pockets offered up an Eliminate. He turned to his battle companions and breathed, "I can use this. Everything changes, now." Grinning, he equipped it, and tested out his new ranges of motion, feeling energy surge through him. It almost made up for his wet, snowy feet. Later that day, he was glad for his already-wet feet given the muck and slime coating the entirety of the Waterway. Fish after fish lunged for them, only to be smacked down into sushi. Out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimmer. Surprisingly, the glimmer turned out to be a pair of gold starry earrings. After cleaning them off and polishing them up on his robe, Trev admired their sparkle against his dark hide, liking how well they looked. "Oh, this is a very good day indeed." __________________________________________ Found [item=Eliminate] and [item=nebula starsilk earrings]. and a bunch of random other things that Trev can't (or doesn't want to) use. It was a very good day!
Daily Update

59099454_350.png

Deep in the snowy depths of the Boreal Wood, Trev took a moment to rest and shake the sting out of his bloodied paw after tangling with yet another herd of bandits. It wasn't exactly the height of politeness to rifle through enemies' pockets, but when one had taken a vow to use only what one gained from battle, politeness took a backseat.

To his utter shock, one of the nondescript Maren Wanderers's pockets offered up an Eliminate.

He turned to his battle companions and breathed, "I can use this. Everything changes, now."

Grinning, he equipped it, and tested out his new ranges of motion, feeling energy surge through him. It almost made up for his wet, snowy feet.

Later that day, he was glad for his already-wet feet given the muck and slime coating the entirety of the Waterway. Fish after fish lunged for them, only to be smacked down into sushi. Out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimmer. Surprisingly, the glimmer turned out to be a pair of gold starry earrings.

After cleaning them off and polishing them up on his robe, Trev admired their sparkle against his dark hide, liking how well they looked. "Oh, this is a very good day indeed."

Found Eliminate and Nebula Starsilk Earrings . and a bunch of random other things that Trev can't (or doesn't want to) use. It was a very good day!
I don't think there's any rule against it!

Honestly this is just for funsies so as long as it wasn't gained monetarily (and while you were actively doing the challenge) then that's fine!

I just got a random vial of hypnotic sight via PM from a completely random person. I set up the rule of "can't accept donations" so I'm unsure if I can use it.

But, do you think this should be changed? I know it kinda sounds selfish since I'm only bringing it up now that I have a random gift, but I honestly never expected to have fans?????? (Also thank you @MagicIsReal for the lovely Familiar and emblem! The familiar looks great with my dragon Amelia so I plopped it on her. :D)

I guess someone gifting you a random item is the same as a giveaway. You aren't paying for it and you can't control someone giving you something. What do you all think?

(If you don't like the idea of removing that rule, no worries! Just wanted your input. :D)
I don't think there's any rule against it!

Honestly this is just for funsies so as long as it wasn't gained monetarily (and while you were actively doing the challenge) then that's fine!

I just got a random vial of hypnotic sight via PM from a completely random person. I set up the rule of "can't accept donations" so I'm unsure if I can use it.

But, do you think this should be changed? I know it kinda sounds selfish since I'm only bringing it up now that I have a random gift, but I honestly never expected to have fans?????? (Also thank you @MagicIsReal for the lovely Familiar and emblem! The familiar looks great with my dragon Amelia so I plopped it on her. :D)

I guess someone gifting you a random item is the same as a giveaway. You aren't paying for it and you can't control someone giving you something. What do you all think?

(If you don't like the idea of removing that rule, no worries! Just wanted your input. :D)
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
@Lunartwist
I was thinking about this today, and in a way, the giveaway threads are donations as well. We ask, people give, and it's a donation from them to us.

Especially if it comes unsolicited, I kind of think it's okay? I guess if the person feels like it might not be okay, they could gift the item on?

Grats on your fans! :D

I still have an extra Smirch if anyone needs a tert!
@Lunartwist
I was thinking about this today, and in a way, the giveaway threads are donations as well. We ask, people give, and it's a donation from them to us.

Especially if it comes unsolicited, I kind of think it's okay? I guess if the person feels like it might not be okay, they could gift the item on?

Grats on your fans! :D

I still have an extra Smirch if anyone needs a tert!
@Lirikai
Arzon looks with envy at Trev's eliminate. "What... good luck..." She spits out, not trying to hide the jealousy in her voice. She turns, resolving to ask Napolean how she got her eliminate.
Hawthorne looks at Trev. "Wow! That's awesome! I hope Arzon and I are that lucky when we're old enough to fight!"
@Lirikai
Arzon looks with envy at Trev's eliminate. "What... good luck..." She spits out, not trying to hide the jealousy in her voice. She turns, resolving to ask Napolean how she got her eliminate.
Hawthorne looks at Trev. "Wow! That's awesome! I hope Arzon and I are that lucky when we're old enough to fight!"
5kRkxhJ.png
@Lunartwist
I think that it should be allowed, as our dragons giving items to other participating dragons definitely counts as a donation. If we've allowed that, then we should allow it if someone is kind enough to help us out without us asking for it!
@Lunartwist
I think that it should be allowed, as our dragons giving items to other participating dragons definitely counts as a donation. If we've allowed that, then we should allow it if someone is kind enough to help us out without us asking for it!
5kRkxhJ.png
@magicisreal

Trevelyan raised an eyebrow in the little Gaoler's direction. "Yes, it was the best of luck. But I thought you didn't need luck?" he pointed out, not without a bit of amusement. But then, he relented a little. After all, her coloring reminded him of his a bit, and he remembered being young and restless with nowhere to go. "You'll get your chance to prove yourself."

He grinned at Hawthorne, twitching his ears a little to make the earrings shine. "You will be, I'm sure. Especially since there are two of you to keep an eye on each other. You might even find twice the things!"

While wandering away, Trev caught sight of the besmirched, waistcoated dragon from the day before, and his fancy new accessories that highlighted the blue of his markings. With a grin, he lifted on paw and gave the Imperial a claws-up. Looks like his wasn't the only day that had proved profitable.
@magicisreal

Trevelyan raised an eyebrow in the little Gaoler's direction. "Yes, it was the best of luck. But I thought you didn't need luck?" he pointed out, not without a bit of amusement. But then, he relented a little. After all, her coloring reminded him of his a bit, and he remembered being young and restless with nowhere to go. "You'll get your chance to prove yourself."

He grinned at Hawthorne, twitching his ears a little to make the earrings shine. "You will be, I'm sure. Especially since there are two of you to keep an eye on each other. You might even find twice the things!"

While wandering away, Trev caught sight of the besmirched, waistcoated dragon from the day before, and his fancy new accessories that highlighted the blue of his markings. With a grin, he lifted on paw and gave the Imperial a claws-up. Looks like his wasn't the only day that had proved profitable.
@Lirikai
Arzon mutters, "I don't need luck, I was simply saying you only got the eliminate because of unusually good luck."
@Lirikai
Arzon mutters, "I don't need luck, I was simply saying you only got the eliminate because of unusually good luck."
5kRkxhJ.png
@MagicIsReal Hawthorne looks great :D @Lirikai Wow, congratulations on that Eliminate O.O [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img] [columns][color=transparent]>>>>>>>>[/color] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59334863] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/593349/59334863.png[/img] [/url] [center][b]Dreamer[/b][/center] [nextcol][color=transparent]>>>[/color] [nextcol][emoji=book 2 size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823806/3#post_42338798]Quest Checklist[/url] [emoji=book 2 size=1] [nextcol][color=transparent]<<<[/color] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56437581] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/564376/56437581.png[/img] [/url] [center][b]LittlePrincess[/b][/center] [/columns] [center][b][size=5][color=green]Day 3[/color][/size][/b][/center] Dreamer wakes up happy. Pleasant dreams of other dragons' success linger as she stretches. She sings soft and tunelessly while preparing breakfast for her and LittlePrincess. One of their clan's Couriers, Heather, stops to check on how they're doing on her way towards their clan with the morning post. The glamour of adventure has faded, but Dreamer is still determined to complete the challenge. She assures her clanmate they are doing fine. Heather shows Dreamer what she picked up from Pinkerton today: [item=Bronze Steampunk Scarf] Dreamer runs the thick fabric through her claws. Unlike their snug safe den, it's cold out here. After agreeing to let their parents and clanmates know that the pair are okay, Heather winds a cheerful figure-eight pattern through the sky before noodling off towards Clan Moss Beard. LittlePrincess comes out of his tree to Dreamer waiting with breakfast ready. She shifts from leg to leg before thrusting a scarf at him. It's kinda ugly. He wears it anyway. It's warm. She beams at him happily and he crunches his moth legs with his frills gently wafting. They head to the Woodland Path. Enemies are fairly easy to defeat now. Dreamer keeps a close eye on LittlePrincess. The Ambush really helps him. LittlePrincess equips a second [item=acuity fragment] he acquires. It's not much, but it helps. Dreamer keeps her health up with Sap, but LittlePrincess still has no way to heal except by resting outside of battle. His health is low. She is thinking of suggesting that they go rest up when a Grouse Basilisk blunders out of the bushes and smacks him to the ground in its panic to get away from them. She eats the grouse while waiting for him to recover. He's calm when he comes around, as if resigned to the fact that he's much weaker than she is. She is afraid. She let her... She let him get hurt. Again. Dreamer dives recklessly into the next few battles. LittlePrincess has to drop on her face to snap her out of it and then he proceeds to scold her soundly. His monotonous voice seems funny, but this is no laughing matter. She apologises for letting her fears get the better of her and sheepishly hands him the [item=Teardrop Citrine Bracelet] she found. LittlePrincess reminds her they are in this together as he secures the bracelet around his wrist. It sparkles. It's much prettier than the scarf. Dreamer is delighted and LittlePrincess realises he means what he said. She may have dragged him out here almost against his will, but it's not so bad being with her. Dreamer is apprehensive when LittlePrincess wants to head for the Scorched Path again. He's determined. He needs to get stronger - they both do. It's difficult. They only manage a battle, or two if they're lucky, at a time before they have to go and rest, but the tougher battles will make them stronger quicker. They're both getting tired when centaurs knock out Dreamer with well aimed ice bolts. LittlePrincess lands on her shoulder and spreads his wings and frills wide. He hisses at them desperately. Fortunately, they are eager to flee now that the bigger threat is down. Dreamer has a pounding headache when she slowly blinks awake again. LittlePrincess pokes his head in her face. His frills are bristling. He cannot even find words. items sent home: [item=Shimmering Pinecone] X19 [item=Nethersent Chest] [item=Leafy Pack] X6 [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img] Battlestone available if you want it: [item=sear] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9mdlz7vt00fiv52/naturemid.png[/img] Pretty eventful day today despite not having much time to grind.
@MagicIsReal Hawthorne looks great :D

@Lirikai Wow, congratulations on that Eliminate O.O

naturemid.png
>>>>>>>>
59334863.png
Dreamer
>>> Quest Checklist <<<
56437581.png
LittlePrincess
Day 3

Dreamer wakes up happy. Pleasant dreams of other dragons' success linger as she stretches. She sings soft and tunelessly while preparing breakfast for her and LittlePrincess.

One of their clan's Couriers, Heather, stops to check on how they're doing on her way towards their clan with the morning post. The glamour of adventure has faded, but Dreamer is still determined to complete the challenge. She assures her clanmate they are doing fine.

Heather shows Dreamer what she picked up from Pinkerton today: Bronze Steampunk Scarf
Dreamer runs the thick fabric through her claws. Unlike their snug safe den, it's cold out here.

After agreeing to let their parents and clanmates know that the pair are okay, Heather winds a cheerful figure-eight pattern through the sky before noodling off towards Clan Moss Beard.

LittlePrincess comes out of his tree to Dreamer waiting with breakfast ready. She shifts from leg to leg before thrusting a scarf at him. It's kinda ugly. He wears it anyway. It's warm. She beams at him happily and he crunches his moth legs with his frills gently wafting.

They head to the Woodland Path. Enemies are fairly easy to defeat now. Dreamer keeps a close eye on LittlePrincess. The Ambush really helps him.

LittlePrincess equips a second Acuity Fragment he acquires. It's not much, but it helps.

Dreamer keeps her health up with Sap, but LittlePrincess still has no way to heal except by resting outside of battle. His health is low. She is thinking of suggesting that they go rest up when a Grouse Basilisk blunders out of the bushes and smacks him to the ground in its panic to get away from them.

She eats the grouse while waiting for him to recover. He's calm when he comes around, as if resigned to the fact that he's much weaker than she is. She is afraid. She let her... She let him get hurt. Again.

Dreamer dives recklessly into the next few battles. LittlePrincess has to drop on her face to snap her out of it and then he proceeds to scold her soundly. His monotonous voice seems funny, but this is no laughing matter. She apologises for letting her fears get the better of her and sheepishly hands him the Teardrop Citrine Bracelet she found.

LittlePrincess reminds her they are in this together as he secures the bracelet around his wrist. It sparkles. It's much prettier than the scarf. Dreamer is delighted and LittlePrincess realises he means what he said. She may have dragged him out here almost against his will, but it's not so bad being with her.

Dreamer is apprehensive when LittlePrincess wants to head for the Scorched Path again. He's determined. He needs to get stronger - they both do.

It's difficult. They only manage a battle, or two if they're lucky, at a time before they have to go and rest, but the tougher battles will make them stronger quicker.

They're both getting tired when centaurs knock out Dreamer with well aimed ice bolts. LittlePrincess lands on her shoulder and spreads his wings and frills wide. He hisses at them desperately.

Fortunately, they are eager to flee now that the bigger threat is down.

Dreamer has a pounding headache when she slowly blinks awake again. LittlePrincess pokes his head in her face. His frills are bristling. He cannot even find words.

items sent home:

Shimmering Pinecone X19 Nethersent Chest
Leafy Pack X6

naturemid.png

Battlestone available if you want it:

Sear

naturemid.png

Pretty eventful day today despite not having much time to grind.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
Thanks for your input everyone! Rule has been removed. :)
Thanks for your input everyone! Rule has been removed. :)
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
I never got confirmation on the rule about items obtained in the coli before they're grown...
If they can be used, does this look ok?
Not Found
I never got confirmation on the rule about items obtained in the coli before they're grown...
If they can be used, does this look ok?
Not Found
5kRkxhJ.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 269 270