Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] For Glory & Fame
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][b]Day 5[/b] [item=toridae chew toy] Roll 2: trinket: lore The pale Nocturne found himself in the massive ruins of what was once a great forum. The sky was dark, though it wasn't due to it being night, it was a cloudy haze. The Nocturne, Ediz, knew what this place was, though he'd never personally been to his breed's homeland, he knew of its territories. He wondered if hiding in this simulated but still all too real environment would be a simulated Shadowbinder as well. He traversed one of the upper areas, observing the crescent shaped pool far below. His ampelope, Trefor, followed him and started nudging him without warning. Confused and alarmed, Ediz turned around to face his familiar and for the first time in the arena, saw another dragon. A Bogsneak with skin in shades of purple, but with deep blue eyes. Ediz wasn't too keen on throwing down right here right now, but he knew he had to if he wanted the prize money and for his face to be recognizable as a champion's all over Sornieth. But he wouldn't be the one to make the first move. The Bogsneak came charging forward and lept towards him. Trefor instinctively dodged out of the way, jumping to the next level down on the massive circular set of steps. Ediz didn't stand a chance at stopping her in her pouncing and knew he just had to tough it out. He curled up, hiding his head and flaring his spines. The raised spines didn't faze the Bogsneak too much and Ediz yelped as she landed on him. She was significantly heavier than he was. He started scratching and biting to try and get out from under her. Luckily, Trefor had come to his assistance and charged in front of her, headbutting her with his antlers as hard as he could. This drew her attention away from Ediz and she soon fled, not wanting to deal with a raging ampelope right now. Though as she left, she mumbled something about Ediz getting a lucky break and that she'd be back. Ediz was relieved and started to turn to thank Trefor, but a sudden pain in his shoulders made him seize up a little. That Bogsneak had landed on his hard and he could tell it would be a while before moving his arms and wings would feel normal again. He could still move them, could fly if he really needed to, but knew he wouldn't be able to bear staying airborne for long. Not until he was feeling better. "C'mon Trefor. Let's get somewhere quiet to rest." He said softly, leaning against the ampelope as opposed to patting his side like he normally would. They somewhat slowly made their way to one of the roofed spaces of the ruins and hid there to rest for a while. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=30450&did=41532333][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ohuopl6m6idq40o/shadowfull.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 6[/b] [item=gothic towel] Nesting It just so happens that Ediz is the only male competitor, and he's on cooldown, so a nest is not possible right now. What's that mean? It's makeover time! Everyone gets a new piece of apparel the same way they got their starting pieces. I choose a random page from my apparel tab and choose something on that tab. Who's getting the towel? I have to roll for that. I can give it to Xylant or Veta. I'll give it to Xylant; it matches her colors better. Speaking of nests, the nest that was laid a few days ago hatches tomorrow![/center]
Day 5

Toridae Chew Toy

Roll 2: trinket: lore

The pale Nocturne found himself in the massive ruins of what was once a great forum. The sky was dark, though it wasn't due to it being night, it was a cloudy haze. The Nocturne, Ediz, knew what this place was, though he'd never personally been to his breed's homeland, he knew of its territories. He wondered if hiding in this simulated but still all too real environment would be a simulated Shadowbinder as well.

He traversed one of the upper areas, observing the crescent shaped pool far below. His ampelope, Trefor, followed him and started nudging him without warning.

Confused and alarmed, Ediz turned around to face his familiar and for the first time in the arena, saw another dragon. A Bogsneak with skin in shades of purple, but with deep blue eyes. Ediz wasn't too keen on throwing down right here right now, but he knew he had to if he wanted the prize money and for his face to be recognizable as a champion's all over Sornieth.

But he wouldn't be the one to make the first move. The Bogsneak came charging forward and lept towards him. Trefor instinctively dodged out of the way, jumping to the next level down on the massive circular set of steps. Ediz didn't stand a chance at stopping her in her pouncing and knew he just had to tough it out. He curled up, hiding his head and flaring his spines.

The raised spines didn't faze the Bogsneak too much and Ediz yelped as she landed on him. She was significantly heavier than he was. He started scratching and biting to try and get out from under her. Luckily, Trefor had come to his assistance and charged in front of her, headbutting her with his antlers as hard as he could. This drew her attention away from Ediz and she soon fled, not wanting to deal with a raging ampelope right now. Though as she left, she mumbled something about Ediz getting a lucky break and that she'd be back.

Ediz was relieved and started to turn to thank Trefor, but a sudden pain in his shoulders made him seize up a little. That Bogsneak had landed on his hard and he could tell it would be a while before moving his arms and wings would feel normal again. He could still move them, could fly if he really needed to, but knew he wouldn't be able to bear staying airborne for long. Not until he was feeling better.

"C'mon Trefor. Let's get somewhere quiet to rest." He said softly, leaning against the ampelope as opposed to patting his side like he normally would. They somewhat slowly made their way to one of the roofed spaces of the ruins and hid there to rest for a while.

shadowfull.png

Day 6

Gothic Towel

Nesting

It just so happens that Ediz is the only male competitor, and he's on cooldown, so a nest is not possible right now. What's that mean? It's makeover time! Everyone gets a new piece of apparel the same way they got their starting pieces. I choose a random page from my apparel tab and choose something on that tab. Who's getting the towel? I have to roll for that. I can give it to Xylant or Veta. I'll give it to Xylant; it matches her colors better.

Speaking of nests, the nest that was laid a few days ago hatches tomorrow!
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[center][b]Day 7[/b] [Item=discipline] Roll 1: death streak Terrain: [b]Rainsong Jungle. Neutral terrain. [/b] In the death streak are... Ediz (level 3), Veta (level 4), and Xylant (level 4) to the Woodland Path. [b]Notable drops:[/b] [Item=minor health potion][item=date plumed headdress] Everyone made it and leveled up. I'm giving the headdress to Veta because she's comparatively underdressed. [b]Ediz (Nature; level 4)[/b] 1 point Best against Arcane (-2), 4<5 (+1), 4>5 (+1) Roll 5: [b]nothing happens[/b] [b]Veta (Arcane; level 5)[/b] 2 points Weakest to Nature (+2), 5>4 (-1), 5=5 (0) Roll 8: [b]nothing happens[/b] [b]Xylant (Water; level 5)[/b] 0 points 5>4 (-1), 5=5 (0) No need to roll: [b]nothing happens[/b] The first time I did these rolls while factoring in level, I only counted different levels, not different dragons. I realized last time I ran these numbers that I should be factoring level twice, once for each dragon involved. That's why 4<5 is stated twice for Ediz, because he's level 4, but both Veta and Xylant are level 5. Also, that nest hatched, but I rolled 2 for both hatchlings, so neither will join the challenge and we're going to act like the nest and hatchlings never existed. [/center]
Day 7

Discipline

Roll 1: death streak

Terrain: Rainsong Jungle. Neutral terrain.

In the death streak are... Ediz (level 3), Veta (level 4), and Xylant (level 4) to the Woodland Path.

Notable drops:

Minor Health Potion Date Plumed Headdress

Everyone made it and leveled up. I'm giving the headdress to Veta because she's comparatively underdressed.

Ediz (Nature; level 4)
1 point
Best against Arcane (-2), 4<5 (+1), 4>5 (+1)
Roll 5: nothing happens

Veta (Arcane; level 5)
2 points
Weakest to Nature (+2), 5>4 (-1), 5=5 (0)
Roll 8: nothing happens

Xylant (Water; level 5)
0 points
5>4 (-1), 5=5 (0)
No need to roll: nothing happens

The first time I did these rolls while factoring in level, I only counted different levels, not different dragons. I realized last time I ran these numbers that I should be factoring level twice, once for each dragon involved. That's why 4<5 is stated twice for Ediz, because he's level 4, but both Veta and Xylant are level 5.

Also, that nest hatched, but I rolled 2 for both hatchlings, so neither will join the challenge and we're going to act like the nest and hatchlings never existed.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 8[/b] [item=leather wing wraps] Nesting Still, no one can breed, so it's time for even more apparel. The wing wraps can go to... Veta or Ediz. I'm giving it to Ediz because he has less apparel pieces than Veta. Everyone's looking extra fabulous now. That is all.[/center]
Day 8

Leather Wing Wraps

Nesting

Still, no one can breed, so it's time for even more apparel. The wing wraps can go to... Veta or Ediz. I'm giving it to Ediz because he has less apparel pieces than Veta. Everyone's looking extra fabulous now. That is all.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
Day 9

Berserker

Terrain: the Twisting Crescendo. Wind terrain.

In the death streak are... Cebru (level 5), Alai (level 1), and Ediz (level 4) to the Woodland Path.

Notable drops:

Leafy Pack

Everyone made it, but it was tense. There were several close calls. Near the end, Cebru was hit and no joke, held on my just 1 health point. Everyone also leveled up! Cebru is now level 6, Alai is level 4, and Ediz is level 5. By now, Ediz's injury has healed.

Cebru (Lightning; level 6)
-2 points
Weak to Wind (+1), 6>4 (-2), 6>5 (-1)

Alai (Fire; level 4)
0 points
Strongest against Nature (-2), 4<6 (+2), 4>5 (-1)

Ediz (Nature; level 5)
3 points
Weakest to Fire (+2), 5<6 (-1), 5>4 (+1)
Day 9

Berserker

Terrain: the Twisting Crescendo. Wind terrain.

In the death streak are... Cebru (level 5), Alai (level 1), and Ediz (level 4) to the Woodland Path.

Notable drops:

Leafy Pack

Everyone made it, but it was tense. There were several close calls. Near the end, Cebru was hit and no joke, held on my just 1 health point. Everyone also leveled up! Cebru is now level 6, Alai is level 4, and Ediz is level 5. By now, Ediz's injury has healed.

-2 points

Alai (Fire; level 4)
0 points

Ediz (Nature; level 5)
3 points
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][B]Day 10[/b] [Item=construction armor] Roll 5: battle item: roll 1: death streak Terrain: [b]Reedcliff Ascent: Wind terrain.[/b] I can't escape these death streaks. This time it's... Ediz (level 5), Alai (level 4), and Cebru to the Woodland Path. [B]Notable drops:[/b] [Item=leafy pack][item=eternal snow] No one leveled up. [B]Cebru (Lightning; level 6)[/b] -2 points Weak to Wind (+1), 6>4 (-2), 6>5 (-1) No need to roll: [b]nothing happens[/b] [B]Alai (Fire; level 4)[/b] 0 points Strongest against Nature (-2), 4<6 (+2), 4>5 (-1) No need to roll: [b]nothing happens[/b] [B]Ediz (Nature; level 5)[/b] 3 points Weakest to Fire (+2), 5<6 (-1), 5>4 (+1) Roll 1: [b]injured[/b] Poor Ediz. He just healed from his last injury. [/center]
Day 10

Construction Armor

Roll 5: battle item: roll 1: death streak

Terrain: Reedcliff Ascent: Wind terrain.

I can't escape these death streaks.

This time it's... Ediz (level 5), Alai (level 4), and Cebru to the Woodland Path.

Notable drops:

Leafy Pack Eternal Snow

No one leveled up.

-2 points

Alai (Fire; level 4)
0 points

Ediz (Nature; level 5)
3 points
Roll 1: injured

Poor Ediz. He just healed from his last injury.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 11[/b] I'm back. My fodderlocke took priority and that's what most of my time on here has been dedicated to for a few days. I've been tracking my pulls and am catching up now. [item=airborne warrior belt] Lore Even though I'm catching up, I really don't have many ideas in the way of lore right now. So, I'm moving on. [b]Day 12[/b] [item=navy head wrap] Nesting Still, no one can breed, so it's time for even more apparel. As for who gets the head wrap, it can be Xylant or Veta. Both have the same amount of apparel. I'm giving it to Xylant because her colors are better. [b]Day 13[/b] [item=fortification agate] Roll 3: familiar: new dragon I rolled 7 and 6, so need to get an Ice Imperial. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53642928] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/536430/53642928_350.png[/img] [/url] I liked Numen's colors and the Gembond looks good on him, so he's the new competitor. [b]Day 14[/b] [item=green birdskull headdress] Nesting Terrain: [b]The Twisting Crescendo: Wind terrain[/b] Now that Numen is here, a nest can be made. He's nesting with... Veta! And he's getting the headdress because he's severely under dressed. They're on a three-egg nest. Any surviving hatchlings will be Wind in lore and will be completely ignored in lore until they age up. When they do age up, they will be considered adults entering the game and are completely unrelated to anyone. [b]Day 15[/b] [item=mage's cranberry bag] Nesting Now we're back to not being able to nest. It's time for further dressing up. I can give the bag to Ediz or Alai. I'm giving it to Alai because Ediz has one more piece of apparel than her.[/center]
Day 11

I'm back. My fodderlocke took priority and that's what most of my time on here has been dedicated to for a few days. I've been tracking my pulls and am catching up now.

Airborne Warrior Belt

Lore

Even though I'm catching up, I really don't have many ideas in the way of lore right now. So, I'm moving on.

Day 12

Navy Head Wrap

Nesting

Still, no one can breed, so it's time for even more apparel. As for who gets the head wrap, it can be Xylant or Veta. Both have the same amount of apparel. I'm giving it to Xylant because her colors are better.

Day 13

Fortification Agate

Roll 3: familiar: new dragon

I rolled 7 and 6, so need to get an Ice Imperial.

53642928_350.png

I liked Numen's colors and the Gembond looks good on him, so he's the new competitor.

Day 14

Green Birdskull Headdress

Nesting

Terrain: The Twisting Crescendo: Wind terrain

Now that Numen is here, a nest can be made. He's nesting with... Veta! And he's getting the headdress because he's severely under dressed.

They're on a three-egg nest. Any surviving hatchlings will be Wind in lore and will be completely ignored in lore until they age up. When they do age up, they will be considered adults entering the game and are completely unrelated to anyone.

Day 15

Mage's Cranberry Bag

Nesting

Now we're back to not being able to nest. It's time for further dressing up. I can give the bag to Ediz or Alai. I'm giving it to Alai because Ediz has one more piece of apparel than her.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 16[/b] [item=aer phantom] New dragon I rolled 14 and 10, so need to get a Plague Spiral. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56720680] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/567207/56720680_350.png[/img] [/url] Normally, I wouldn't go for such an obvious pick, but it sent me to the last page, so my choices were very limited. I'm naming him Isi because today's a palindrome day.[/center]
Day 16

Aer Phantom

New dragon

I rolled 14 and 10, so need to get a Plague Spiral.

56720680_350.png

Normally, I wouldn't go for such an obvious pick, but it sent me to the last page, so my choices were very limited. I'm naming him Isi because today's a palindrome day.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][B]Day 17[/b] [Item=rusted iron belt buckle] Roll 3: familiar: new dragon Wow, 3 new competitors in quick succession. I need a some food pulls or death streaks. Can't believe I'm saying that. Anyway, I rolled 3 and 4, so need to get a Water Coatl. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57738416] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/577385/57738416_350.png[/img] [/url] I don't usually like green dragons, but I like this guy. [/center]
Day 17

Rusted Iron Belt Buckle

Roll 3: familiar: new dragon

Wow, 3 new competitors in quick succession. I need a some food pulls or death streaks. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Anyway, I rolled 3 and 4, so need to get a Water Coatl.

57738416_350.png

I don't usually like green dragons, but I like this guy.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 18[/b] [item=umbra parthenium] 10 battles Oh, hey, battles. Terrain: [b]Woodland Path: Neutral terrain[/b] Entering the coli are... Ediz (level 5), Cygol (level 1), and Isi (level 1) to the Training Fields. [b]Notable drops:[/b] [item=minor health potion] Cygol and Isi are now level 2. [b]Ediz (Nature, level 5)[/b] -4 points Weak to Plague (+1), 5>2 (-3), 5>2 (-3) No need to roll: [b]Nothing happens[/b] [b]Cygol (Water, level 2)[/b] 5 points Weak to Plague (+1), 2<5 (+3), 2=2 (0) Roll 6: [b]Nothing happens[/b] [b]Isi (Plague, level 2)[/b] 2 points Strong against Nature (-1), strong against Water (-1), 2<5 (+3), 2=2 (0) Roll 8: [b]Nothing happens[/b][/center]
Day 18

Umbra Parthenium

10 battles

Oh, hey, battles.

Terrain: Woodland Path: Neutral terrain

Entering the coli are... Ediz (level 5), Cygol (level 1), and Isi (level 1) to the Training Fields.

Notable drops:

Minor Health Potion

Cygol and Isi are now level 2.

Ediz (Nature, level 5)
-4 points
Weak to Plague (+1), 5>2 (-3), 5>2 (-3)
No need to roll: Nothing happens

Cygol (Water, level 2)
5 points
Weak to Plague (+1), 2<5 (+3), 2=2 (0)
Roll 6: Nothing happens

Isi (Plague, level 2)
2 points
Strong against Nature (-1), strong against Water (-1), 2<5 (+3), 2=2 (0)
Roll 8: Nothing happens
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 19[/b] [item=iron ore] Roll 4: Apparel: nesting Terrain: [b]Wispwillow Grove: Shadow terrain[/b] Alai and Cygol are having a nest. See the Day 14 section above for a rundown on how nests and hatchlings are handled in lore. Any surviving hatchlings from this new nest will be Shadow in lore. Speaking of the Day 14 nest, it hatches today. Only one of the three hatchlings survives. Their picture here is a scry with Wind eyes to reflect their in lore element, [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=53&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=105&tertgene=16&winggene=1&wings=45&auth=d5df7a02b34edbc9ee413aeb337a6a7c637225fd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Day 20[/b] [item=bubbly buddy] Lore I will work on lore today, but not in the way I usually do when I actually write lore. Instead, I'm updating the front page to add the recent additions and update levels.[/center]
Day 19

Iron Ore

Roll 4: Apparel: nesting

Terrain: Wispwillow Grove: Shadow terrain

Alai and Cygol are having a nest. See the Day 14 section above for a rundown on how nests and hatchlings are handled in lore. Any surviving hatchlings from this new nest will be Shadow in lore.

Speaking of the Day 14 nest, it hatches today.

Only one of the three hatchlings survives. Their picture here is a scry with Wind eyes to reflect their in lore element,

dragon?age=0&body=53&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=105&tertgene=16&winggene=1&wings=45&auth=d5df7a02b34edbc9ee413aeb337a6a7c637225fd&dummyext=prev.png

Day 20

Bubbly Buddy

Lore

I will work on lore today, but not in the way I usually do when I actually write lore. Instead, I'm updating the front page to add the recent additions and update levels.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12