Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CANCELLED] - Chances We Take
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
[rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/14#post_41492917] Previous[/url][/center] [rule] [center][b]Day 37: The Deal[/b] [item=Marsh Rabbit] Sentence: 40-50 matches[/center] [rule] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55737720][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557378/55737720_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905845][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905845_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Wilde watched Blossom tending to her eggs, smiling and chatting with the young pink hatchling beside her. She’d make a good mother. And he knew, in his heart, that Ichabod would have been a great father. “That’s great, Blossom.” He smiled, but deep inside his heart, he knew he would have to tell her. He knew that he would have to break hers to tell her that her mate was dead. “I’m going upstairs,” he said suddenly. “I’m pretty tired.” He turned on his heel and headed up the stairs before the others could say anything. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54829722][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548298/54829722_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Blossom looked at Maie. “Don’t worry, sweetheart,” she said, nuzzling the younger dragon. “I’m sure he’s just exhausted.” She turned to follow Wilde upstairs, leaving Blossom with her brother and Camellia. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] Wilde laid on their bed, staring at the ceiling. His mind wandered, his thoughts all over the place. He wanted to tell her, to get it over with. But she was so fragile right now. He groaned and rolled over, facing the door. With a start he sat up. “Maie,” he mumbled. “I didn’t…” Maie quietly stood in the doorway before she walked over and joined him on the bed. “Wilde, something’s bothering you,” she stated, a concerned look in her eyes. “What’s wrong?” Wilde leaned on his mate, tears threatening to fall, but he wiped them away. “Ichabod’s dead,” he whispered. Maie’s eyes widened. “Oh gods…” she breathed. “How?” Wilde looked at her, his eyes cloudy and dark. “I think he fought one of the BTG alone,” he mumbled, looking at the floor. “Ichabod didn’t pick a fight, Wilde,” she said softly, reading his thoughts. He turned to her and she smiled. “They ran into the dragon on the way home and had the hatchling, Camellia, with them. He wanted to protect them and sent them home.” Wilde shoulders relaxed. He didn’t realize he’d been so tense. “That makes sense.” It still didn’t help ease the pain, but it did help. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905846][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905846_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Reginald stood outside of Wilde and Maie’s room. He hadn’t planned on listening, but after hearing the BTG killed Ichabod, his blood went cold. He knew how Blossom would react. It would be the same as when Shiraz died. But this time would be worse. Much worse. He turned and headed back down the stairs to the living room. Blossom had gotten up, leaving her eggs wrapped in the blanket on the floor. She was posted at the window, smiling into it, watching, waiting for any sign of Ichabod. Seeing her brother in the reflection, she turned around. “Reginald, is Wilde okay?” she asked. She had a look of concern on her face, but her eyes were happy. “He’s fine. He’s just napping,” he lied. ‘Another lie to add to the others,’ he thought. He moved to nuzzle his sister’s cheek. “Would you like me to go look for him?” Blossom smiled and closed her eyes. “Thank you, Reginald,” she said softly. She returned to her eggs and continued to talk to Belle and Camellia. He watched them for a moment before turning and heading out. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] Reginald walked the abandoned streets of Kroni, mostly to clear his head. A lot had happened in the last few days. Lance’s death, moving away from BloodMoon and Gomez. Now Ichabod was dead and Blossom was going to be a mother. He stopped suddenly. There was a pile of blood in the middle of the road. ‘This must have been where Wilde found him,” he thought to himself as he looked around. There was not another blood stain on the ground, so the other dragon must have lived, right? [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54227771] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542278/54227771_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Reginald, you shouldn’t be here. You shouldn’t have come back.” A deep husky voice spoke from behind Reginald, who spun around. “You should have stayed away.” Reginald’s eyes widened. It couldn’t be. “Father!” He started to run towards him, but was stopped by two Bogsneak. Their smiles were full of sharp teeth, their eyes glowing the infamous pink of Arcane dragons. “Father! Don’t do this!” The older Imperial shook his head. “Your mother sent you away, Reginald. You weren’t supposed to come back. We wanted to protect you.” Something wasn’t right. His father wasn’t like this. He was caring, gentle and hardworking. He wasn’t a killer and couldn’t be working for the BTG! It couldn’t be! This had to be some mind trick these dragons were playing on him. “Father! We had to come back! To res-” “SILENCE!” The older Imperial roared, making the houses around them quake. He stepped closer, his eyes staring straight at his son, looking down on him. “I told you to never come back.” He started walking in circles around his son as he spoke, the two Bogsneak stood a few feet away, their eyes glowing just as they had done when his father appeared. A light went on in his head. ‘That’s it! Those two dragons are making me hallucin-’ Suddenly, everything went black. When Reginald awoke next he was in an abandoned building he didn’t recognize. When he tried to sit up, he was held back by chains. He looked around to find himself in a makeshift jail cell. He realized what happened and cursed silently. “Seems we finally caught you alone, Reginald,” a deep voice said, from somewhere on the other side of the dark room. “Too bad it has to end like this.” With a wave of his hand, Reginald felt searing pain throughout his whole body and within moments, he’d passed out. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] Blossom laid her head down on the floor. It’d been hours since Reginald left. ‘What was he doing and why was it taking him so long?’ She sighed and wrapped her tail around her eggs, making sure they were warm enough. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57193562][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=15&winggene=13&wings=67&auth=809f14af8c3a9d061828b13a38fbb900ef5e7d90&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/23280.png[/img][/center] Camellia came in, bringing some water. “Still no sign of them?” she asked, setting the bowl down. She looked concerned as she laid down by the eggs. Lumi was quiet as she sat upon the blanket beside the eggs. “No, nothing,” the Imperial replied, taking a drink. A knock at the door caught everyone’s attention. Wilde got up and opened it, his eyes widening as he backed away. A large Bogsneak stood in the doorway, a scroll in his mouth. He spat it at the Wildclaw’s feet before grinning and looking around the room. Without waiting for further invitation that would not come, he stepped inside. “So you’re the clan giving us trouble,” he stated, standing in the middle of the room and looking at each face of the dragon that stared back at him. He grinned, his teeth glistening in the candle light. “The boss has had enough of your intervening and wants to make a deal.” His grin widened as he looked at Blossom. “Unfortunately for you, it won’t save the Mirror or your brother.” Blossom’s eyes widened as her heart beat in her chest. “What did you do to them!” she shouted, standing up. “Where is Ichabod and my brother?” She started sobbing, but there was anger in her eyes. “Where are they, you monster!” Belle held her back from attacking him and tried to quiet her down. The Bogsneak stood in front of them, not phased in the slightest by her shouting at him. In fact, his grin widened. “You are to leave the Scarred Wasteland and never return. If you don’t…” He lowered his voice to barely above a whisper and directed what he was about to say to Blossom. “If you don’t, he will kill you and your family. Think it over.” With that, the Bogsneak turned and left into the setting sun. [center][rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/15#post_41563963]Next[/url] [rule] @Orodruin @Petall @Erisere @Drachenschwinge @DragonPrincess27 [rule][/center] I'm...I'm just shocked. I never actually thought I'd lose Reginald. I took Belle, Reginald and Camellia (she's an adult irl, but a hatchling in story for reasons you'll see later). I battled a bit in the Woodland Path so I could get Cam leveled up a bit and headed to Scorched Forest for a while for more exp. But after the 6th battle, Reg was hit with a crit by a Crowned Bonepriest and was killed from nearly full. I just...I just have no words. Also, I was supposed to introduce a new dragon today, but since this happened, I'll just do it tomorrow... [b]I don't honestly think I can exalt these two so if anyone wants Reginald or Ichabod, please let me know![/b] And I'll update everything later...I was supposed to be somewhere and now I'm late! Whoops! [rule] [b]Backlog:[/b] [item=Poisonous Woodbasket]

Day 37: The Deal
Marsh Rabbit
Sentence: 40-50 matches

55737720_350.png
55905845_350.png

Wilde watched Blossom tending to her eggs, smiling and chatting with the young pink hatchling beside her. She’d make a good mother. And he knew, in his heart, that Ichabod would have been a great father. “That’s great, Blossom.” He smiled, but deep inside his heart, he knew he would have to tell her. He knew that he would have to break hers to tell her that her mate was dead. “I’m going upstairs,” he said suddenly. “I’m pretty tired.” He turned on his heel and headed up the stairs before the others could say anything.
54829722_350.png

Blossom looked at Maie. “Don’t worry, sweetheart,” she said, nuzzling the younger dragon. “I’m sure he’s just exhausted.” She turned to follow Wilde upstairs, leaving Blossom with her brother and Camellia.
bZXz04P.png

Wilde laid on their bed, staring at the ceiling. His mind wandered, his thoughts all over the place. He wanted to tell her, to get it over with. But she was so fragile right now. He groaned and rolled over, facing the door. With a start he sat up. “Maie,” he mumbled. “I didn’t…”

Maie quietly stood in the doorway before she walked over and joined him on the bed. “Wilde, something’s bothering you,” she stated, a concerned look in her eyes. “What’s wrong?”

Wilde leaned on his mate, tears threatening to fall, but he wiped them away. “Ichabod’s dead,” he whispered.

Maie’s eyes widened. “Oh gods…” she breathed. “How?”

Wilde looked at her, his eyes cloudy and dark. “I think he fought one of the BTG alone,” he mumbled, looking at the floor.

“Ichabod didn’t pick a fight, Wilde,” she said softly, reading his thoughts. He turned to her and she smiled. “They ran into the dragon on the way home and had the hatchling, Camellia, with them. He wanted to protect them and sent them home.”

Wilde shoulders relaxed. He didn’t realize he’d been so tense. “That makes sense.” It still didn’t help ease the pain, but it did help.
bZXz04P.png
55905846_350.png

Reginald stood outside of Wilde and Maie’s room. He hadn’t planned on listening, but after hearing the BTG killed Ichabod, his blood went cold. He knew how Blossom would react. It would be the same as when Shiraz died. But this time would be worse. Much worse.

He turned and headed back down the stairs to the living room. Blossom had gotten up, leaving her eggs wrapped in the blanket on the floor. She was posted at the window, smiling into it, watching, waiting for any sign of Ichabod. Seeing her brother in the reflection, she turned around. “Reginald, is Wilde okay?” she asked. She had a look of concern on her face, but her eyes were happy.

“He’s fine. He’s just napping,” he lied. ‘Another lie to add to the others,’ he thought. He moved to nuzzle his sister’s cheek. “Would you like me to go look for him?”

Blossom smiled and closed her eyes. “Thank you, Reginald,” she said softly. She returned to her eggs and continued to talk to Belle and Camellia.

He watched them for a moment before turning and heading out.
bZXz04P.png

Reginald walked the abandoned streets of Kroni, mostly to clear his head. A lot had happened in the last few days. Lance’s death, moving away from BloodMoon and Gomez. Now Ichabod was dead and Blossom was going to be a mother.

He stopped suddenly. There was a pile of blood in the middle of the road. ‘This must have been where Wilde found him,” he thought to himself as he looked around. There was not another blood stain on the ground, so the other dragon must have lived, right?

“Reginald, you shouldn’t be here. You shouldn’t have come back.” A deep husky voice spoke from behind Reginald, who spun around. “You should have stayed away.”

Reginald’s eyes widened. It couldn’t be. “Father!” He started to run towards him, but was stopped by two Bogsneak. Their smiles were full of sharp teeth, their eyes glowing the infamous pink of Arcane dragons. “Father! Don’t do this!”

The older Imperial shook his head. “Your mother sent you away, Reginald. You weren’t supposed to come back. We wanted to protect you.”

Something wasn’t right. His father wasn’t like this. He was caring, gentle and hardworking. He wasn’t a killer and couldn’t be working for the BTG! It couldn’t be! This had to be some mind trick these dragons were playing on him. “Father! We had to come back! To res-”

“SILENCE!” The older Imperial roared, making the houses around them quake. He stepped closer, his eyes staring straight at his son, looking down on him. “I told you to never come back.” He started walking in circles around his son as he spoke, the two Bogsneak stood a few feet away, their eyes glowing just as they had done when his father appeared.

A light went on in his head. ‘That’s it! Those two dragons are making me hallucin-’

Suddenly, everything went black. When Reginald awoke next he was in an abandoned building he didn’t recognize. When he tried to sit up, he was held back by chains. He looked around to find himself in a makeshift jail cell. He realized what happened and cursed silently. “Seems we finally caught you alone, Reginald,” a deep voice said, from somewhere on the other side of the dark room. “Too bad it has to end like this.” With a wave of his hand, Reginald felt searing pain throughout his whole body and within moments, he’d passed out.
bZXz04P.png

Blossom laid her head down on the floor. It’d been hours since Reginald left. ‘What was he doing and why was it taking him so long?’ She sighed and wrapped her tail around her eggs, making sure they were warm enough.
dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=15&winggene=13&wings=67&auth=809f14af8c3a9d061828b13a38fbb900ef5e7d90&dummyext=prev.png
23280.png

Camellia came in, bringing some water. “Still no sign of them?” she asked, setting the bowl down. She looked concerned as she laid down by the eggs. Lumi was quiet as she sat upon the blanket beside the eggs.

“No, nothing,” the Imperial replied, taking a drink.

A knock at the door caught everyone’s attention. Wilde got up and opened it, his eyes widening as he backed away. A large Bogsneak stood in the doorway, a scroll in his mouth. He spat it at the Wildclaw’s feet before grinning and looking around the room. Without waiting for further invitation that would not come, he stepped inside. “So you’re the clan giving us trouble,” he stated, standing in the middle of the room and looking at each face of the dragon that stared back at him. He grinned, his teeth glistening in the candle light. “The boss has had enough of your intervening and wants to make a deal.” His grin widened as he looked at Blossom. “Unfortunately for you, it won’t save the Mirror or your brother.”

Blossom’s eyes widened as her heart beat in her chest. “What did you do to them!” she shouted, standing up. “Where is Ichabod and my brother?” She started sobbing, but there was anger in her eyes. “Where are they, you monster!” Belle held her back from attacking him and tried to quiet her down.

The Bogsneak stood in front of them, not phased in the slightest by her shouting at him. In fact, his grin widened. “You are to leave the Scarred Wasteland and never return. If you don’t…” He lowered his voice to barely above a whisper and directed what he was about to say to Blossom. “If you don’t, he will kill you and your family. Think it over.”

With that, the Bogsneak turned and left into the setting sun.

I'm...I'm just shocked. I never actually thought I'd lose Reginald. I took Belle, Reginald and Camellia (she's an adult irl, but a hatchling in story for reasons you'll see later). I battled a bit in the Woodland Path so I could get Cam leveled up a bit and headed to Scorched Forest for a while for more exp. But after the 6th battle, Reg was hit with a crit by a Crowned Bonepriest and was killed from nearly full. I just...I just have no words.

Also, I was supposed to introduce a new dragon today, but since this happened, I'll just do it tomorrow...

I don't honestly think I can exalt these two so if anyone wants Reginald or Ichabod, please let me know!

And I'll update everything later...I was supposed to be somewhere and now I'm late! Whoops!

Backlog:
Poisonous Woodbasket
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Project Tracker
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo NOT REGINALD!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! He was such a good big brother... [emoji=spiral sad size=2] This is turning into quite the sad story. I still love it though! I can't wait to find out how they all respond to this letter, and whether or not they'll actually leave.... I'm tempted to take one of them, but I'll have to think on it a bit because I'd probably want to incorporate them into my pinkerlocke, and that works best with hatchlings who don't have pre-established lore or dragons who are not written out as dead.
@Tiffkaboo

NOT REGINALD!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! He was such a good big brother... This is turning into quite the sad story. I still love it though! I can't wait to find out how they all respond to this letter, and whether or not they'll actually leave....

I'm tempted to take one of them, but I'll have to think on it a bit because I'd probably want to incorporate them into my pinkerlocke, and that works best with hatchlings who don't have pre-established lore or dragons who are not written out as dead.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

It is...this totally wasn't my intention at all LOL. I'm actually mad that it's taken this direction.

Oh I totally understand! If no one takes them, I may just put them in my HibDen for the rest of eternity cause I don't think I can bare to part with them...

I also updated the front page with Regi's death and found out that nearly half of the dragons that have been in this locke have died.
@Petall

It is...this totally wasn't my intention at all LOL. I'm actually mad that it's taken this direction.

Oh I totally understand! If no one takes them, I may just put them in my HibDen for the rest of eternity cause I don't think I can bare to part with them...

I also updated the front page with Regi's death and found out that nearly half of the dragons that have been in this locke have died.
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Project Tracker
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
Oh no. Why can't this family be happy for once? [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
Oh no. Why can't this family be happy for once?
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge I don't know. But I'm hoping it will change soon. [emoji=banescale sad size=2]
@Drachenschwinge

I don't know. But I'm hoping it will change soon.
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Project Tracker
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
[rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/15#post_41503394] Previous[/url][/center] [rule] [center][b]Day 38: Nature's Way[/b] [item=Bluespine Slug][item=Clipper Chitin][item=Crackled Scales][item=Dwarf Truffle Spores][item=Poisonous Woodbasket] Sentence: 30-40 battles, Material (x3), Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] [rule] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55737720][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557378/55737720_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905845][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905845_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54829722][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548298/54829722_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56740291][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/567403/56740291_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57193562][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=15&winggene=13&wings=67&auth=809f14af8c3a9d061828b13a38fbb900ef5e7d90&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] The small clan of dragons watched as the door shut behind the Bogsneak as he left. None of them spoke a word, each of them absorbing the information that was just dropped on them. It felt like someone had just slapped them in the face with a fish. Each one knew the consequences of their two choices, but none knew what the future would hold, and that was what scared them. Wilde was the first to move. The dragons watched him go over and pick up the scroll and unravel it. They watched as his eyes moved, soaking in every word written on the old paper. "Well?" Camellia finally asked the question that had been on all their minds, her voice breaking the silence like an ax through a wood block. "W-what does it say?" She shivered at the thought of the threats on the paper. Her mind raced, wondering if her escape had anything to do with those dragons' death. Wilde rolled up the scroll again. "Idle threats," he replied, shrugging off the question as he shoved the scroll into his side bag. "The scrolls contents don't matter. We need to get out of Kroni." He looked around. The dragons were shocked at his proposal. He knew they would be. It was hard for him to say. Belle spoke up first, anger in her voice. "Papa! I can't believe you're giving up!" She stood up to face him, her plague eyes somehow getting redder. "We can't leave. What about this mission to stop the BTG and save Blossom and Camellia's families! I never thought you would ever give up!" Maie watched her daughters outbreak. She knew that Belle's points were solid, but she trusted her mate. There must be some reason why he chose to leave. "Belle," she said softly, taking her daughters arm. "Listen to what he has to say." She gave her a pleading look and her daughter nodded. Belle sat beside Blossom, who was stroking her eggs absentmindedly, which glowed a sickly green under her touch. She couldn't believe she was so calm about this. Blossom of all dragons should be shouting at him. She turned to her father. "Go on, papa," she finally said, watching him carefully. Wilde took a breath. "We need to get out of the Scarred Wasteland for right now. We'll have to come up with a plan before we can come back and rescue them." He looked around the room and his eyes stopped at Maie, who nodded her approval. "With a plan and perhaps some reinforcements, we can take down the BTG. I know it’s not what I intended to do upon arriving here, but I think for now, it’s the safest option." He looked at Blossom, who had stopped stroking her eggs. “Especially with the little one’s on the way.” [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/23280.png[/img][/center] [i]“Where are we going to go?”[/i] Lumi questioned Camellia, shaking her arm. [i]“We can’t just leave without a plan!”[/i] “Lumi,” Camellia mumbled softly, but the others heard her anyways. They all stared questioningly at her. Especially Wilde. “Lumi wants to know where we’re going.” Wilde nodded. “That’s a good question. I should still have a map of Sornieth somewhere in here.” He dug through his bag, finally pulling out an old scroll. He unraveled it and laid it on the floor for everyone to see, pointing to a spot on the worn out map. “We’re somewhere in here, in the Scarred Wasteland.” He looked around, making sure the other dragons were following before he continued. “This is the Tangled Wood. Shadow territory. I’ve heard terrible stories of dragons getting stuck in its boundaries once they get inside. Many dragons claimed that pure hearts could freely travel in and out but those dragons with darkness in their hearts.” He paused. “Were destined to wander aimlessly until they died.” Again he shrugged, moving his finger a little north-west. It depicted a rocky territory with a giant tower. “This is Dragonhome. Earth dragons live here.” Camellia stared at the map as Wilde described all the surrounding territories. Starfall Isles. The Windswept Plateau. And even The Sea of a Thousand Currents. None seemed to spark a safe feeling in her. And looking around the room, she noted that the other dragons didn’t seem comfortable with the close suggestions either. That’s when she noticed something. A large tree in the northern part of Wilde’s map, surrounded by what looked like scribbles of bushes and plants. “What’s this place?” she asked, pointing to the map. Wilde looked to the part of the map the small dragon pointed to. “The Viridian Labyrinth,” he nodded, smiling. “It will take a few days to travel there, but it is definitely a very good option.” Blossom nodded. She didn’t know why, but the Labyrinth made her feel safe somehow, yet she’d never been there. She knew she had to take this chance. She had taken one with Wilde and that turned out well. “Let’s take a vote. All in favor of the Viridian Labyrinth, put your claw in the air.” Each dragon raised a claw, save for Belle, who wasn’t set on leaving. She was staring at the map, trying to decide if she actually wanted to leave. Finally, she looked up at her father, who was staring back at her, a questioning look in his eye. “Alright, Viridian Labyrinth it is,” she finally said, smiling. Blossom breathed a sigh of relief. She was finally relaxed, despite everything that she had learned today. It was then that Maie came over and whispered into her ear. “We best get you to bed. You need all your rest before the little one’s come.” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] The two dragons walked up the stairs, Maie holding two eggs, while Blossom carried the third. “You’re going to be a great mother, Blossom,” Maie smiled at her as they reached her door. “It won’t be easy at first,” she laughed. “Gods, I know it was hard for me. But you have all of us to help you.” Blossom smiled and nodded. “Thank you, Maie. I'm so lucky to have you all.” The eggs were laid back in the blanket close to Blossom’s bed. She stroked one, it’s soft sickly light lit up the tips of her fingers and she felt a warmth from within. “Maie?” The older dragon turned to her before she spoke again. “The egg feels warm.” “They should hatch anytime now,” she said softly with a nod. “I’d say we should wait to leave until they hatch, but I doubt that Bogsneak would give us that much time.” She was conflicted. Traveling with eggs was very risky business. If the egg were to crack or break, the hatchling surely wouldn’t survive. But if they stayed, they could all be dead. Then she had an idea. “Blossom, I learned how to weave grass together when I was young. I’ll make you a basket you can carry your eggs in during our travels.” Blossom’s eyes lit up. “That’s a great idea, Maie. How can I help?” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] Early the next morning, Maie was woken up by a knock from her spot on the floor near the front door. She had fallen asleep while working on the basket for Blossom. Glancing down, she noted she’d gotten quite far, over halfway done. The knock came again, this time harder and louder. Groaning, she got up and pulled the door open. A small Skydancer hatchling and a type of dragon she’d never seen before were sitting just outside the door. The Ridgeback looked around. There was no sign of either of their parents. Where had they come from? [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57269059][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=15&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=7&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=68&auth=279210a80efaaf4482e8bc6060e03ae83468c84d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57374175][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=132&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=127&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=151&auth=0191697aaa577ad84d0fb684d95f17c8dcbec451&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] “Uhm,” the small Skydancer mumbled, looking around. “Is Camellia here?” He fidgeted slightly, almost nervously as his companion avoided eye contact with the older dragon. She instead focused on the dirt in front of them. Maie nodded, moving aside to let the two dragons in. The Skydancer thanked her, but the other hatchling had still not spoken a word. The Ridgeback worried he might be unable to speak. “Might I tell her who’s calling on her so early in the morning?” The more time that passed, the more questions she had. Especially about the strange red dragon that sat beside the Skydancer. “Hawthorne and Jubilee,” he stated, looking her straight in the eye, which surprised her. He’d been so nervous after she first opened the door. “We escaped from the clutches of the Black Thorn Gang this morning.” [center][rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/16#post_41642382]Next[/url] [rule] @Orodruin @Petall @Erisere @Drachenschwinge @DragonPrincess27 [rule][/center] Finally my backlog is done and I can finally introduce Hawthorne and my Banescale hatchling. Oh my goodness do I love this new breed! (For the record I know I didn't get a familiar pull, but I took a note out of Petall's locke that allowed me to add in a new dragon breed when they came of if I wanted! And after losing SO many dragons already, I really need her.) Speaking of Petall, Wilde's explanation of The Tangled wood was taken from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/51#post_40560068]Day 58[/url] of her locke! I loved the idea so much that I had to use it! Also, Ichabod and Blossom's eggs hatched today! I wanted to get to them, but I'll have to save that for next time! I'm eager to get to this next part! I intended to switch to Nature during this, but I still have a few more days for some nests to incubate so it might be after they arrive. Oh well. Also, not sure if anyone pays attention to the songs, but Jubilee's random song is perfect. It matches what her intended personality was in my head and I couldn't be happier! [rule] [b]Backlog:[/b] NONE

Day 38: Nature's Way
Bluespine Slug Clipper Chitin Crackled Scales Dwarf Truffle Spores Poisonous Woodbasket
Sentence: 30-40 battles, Material (x3), Breed/Scroll a Dragon

55737720_350.png
55905845_350.png
54829722_350.png
56740291_350.png
dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=15&winggene=13&wings=67&auth=809f14af8c3a9d061828b13a38fbb900ef5e7d90&dummyext=prev.png

The small clan of dragons watched as the door shut behind the Bogsneak as he left. None of them spoke a word, each of them absorbing the information that was just dropped on them. It felt like someone had just slapped them in the face with a fish. Each one knew the consequences of their two choices, but none knew what the future would hold, and that was what scared them.

Wilde was the first to move. The dragons watched him go over and pick up the scroll and unravel it. They watched as his eyes moved, soaking in every word written on the old paper.

"Well?" Camellia finally asked the question that had been on all their minds, her voice breaking the silence like an ax through a wood block. "W-what does it say?" She shivered at the thought of the threats on the paper. Her mind raced, wondering if her escape had anything to do with those dragons' death.

Wilde rolled up the scroll again. "Idle threats," he replied, shrugging off the question as he shoved the scroll into his side bag. "The scrolls contents don't matter. We need to get out of Kroni." He looked around. The dragons were shocked at his proposal. He knew they would be. It was hard for him to say.

Belle spoke up first, anger in her voice. "Papa! I can't believe you're giving up!" She stood up to face him, her plague eyes somehow getting redder. "We can't leave. What about this mission to stop the BTG and save Blossom and Camellia's families! I never thought you would ever give up!"

Maie watched her daughters outbreak. She knew that Belle's points were solid, but she trusted her mate. There must be some reason why he chose to leave. "Belle," she said softly, taking her daughters arm. "Listen to what he has to say." She gave her a pleading look and her daughter nodded.

Belle sat beside Blossom, who was stroking her eggs absentmindedly, which glowed a sickly green under her touch. She couldn't believe she was so calm about this. Blossom of all dragons should be shouting at him. She turned to her father. "Go on, papa," she finally said, watching him carefully.

Wilde took a breath. "We need to get out of the Scarred Wasteland for right now. We'll have to come up with a plan before we can come back and rescue them." He looked around the room and his eyes stopped at Maie, who nodded her approval. "With a plan and perhaps some reinforcements, we can take down the BTG. I know it’s not what I intended to do upon arriving here, but I think for now, it’s the safest option." He looked at Blossom, who had stopped stroking her eggs. “Especially with the little one’s on the way.”
23280.png

“Where are we going to go?” Lumi questioned Camellia, shaking her arm. “We can’t just leave without a plan!”

“Lumi,” Camellia mumbled softly, but the others heard her anyways. They all stared questioningly at her. Especially Wilde. “Lumi wants to know where we’re going.”

Wilde nodded. “That’s a good question. I should still have a map of Sornieth somewhere in here.” He dug through his bag, finally pulling out an old scroll. He unraveled it and laid it on the floor for everyone to see, pointing to a spot on the worn out map. “We’re somewhere in here, in the Scarred Wasteland.” He looked around, making sure the other dragons were following before he continued. “This is the Tangled Wood. Shadow territory. I’ve heard terrible stories of dragons getting stuck in its boundaries once they get inside. Many dragons claimed that pure hearts could freely travel in and out but those dragons with darkness in their hearts.” He paused. “Were destined to wander aimlessly until they died.” Again he shrugged, moving his finger a little north-west. It depicted a rocky territory with a giant tower. “This is Dragonhome. Earth dragons live here.”

Camellia stared at the map as Wilde described all the surrounding territories. Starfall Isles. The Windswept Plateau. And even The Sea of a Thousand Currents. None seemed to spark a safe feeling in her. And looking around the room, she noted that the other dragons didn’t seem comfortable with the close suggestions either. That’s when she noticed something. A large tree in the northern part of Wilde’s map, surrounded by what looked like scribbles of bushes and plants. “What’s this place?” she asked, pointing to the map.

Wilde looked to the part of the map the small dragon pointed to. “The Viridian Labyrinth,” he nodded, smiling. “It will take a few days to travel there, but it is definitely a very good option.”

Blossom nodded. She didn’t know why, but the Labyrinth made her feel safe somehow, yet she’d never been there. She knew she had to take this chance. She had taken one with Wilde and that turned out well. “Let’s take a vote. All in favor of the Viridian Labyrinth, put your claw in the air.”

Each dragon raised a claw, save for Belle, who wasn’t set on leaving. She was staring at the map, trying to decide if she actually wanted to leave. Finally, she looked up at her father, who was staring back at her, a questioning look in his eye. “Alright, Viridian Labyrinth it is,” she finally said, smiling.

Blossom breathed a sigh of relief. She was finally relaxed, despite everything that she had learned today. It was then that Maie came over and whispered into her ear. “We best get you to bed. You need all your rest before the little one’s come.”
bZXz04P.png

The two dragons walked up the stairs, Maie holding two eggs, while Blossom carried the third. “You’re going to be a great mother, Blossom,” Maie smiled at her as they reached her door. “It won’t be easy at first,” she laughed. “Gods, I know it was hard for me. But you have all of us to help you.”

Blossom smiled and nodded. “Thank you, Maie. I'm so lucky to have you all.” The eggs were laid back in the blanket close to Blossom’s bed. She stroked one, it’s soft sickly light lit up the tips of her fingers and she felt a warmth from within. “Maie?” The older dragon turned to her before she spoke again. “The egg feels warm.”

“They should hatch anytime now,” she said softly with a nod. “I’d say we should wait to leave until they hatch, but I doubt that Bogsneak would give us that much time.” She was conflicted. Traveling with eggs was very risky business. If the egg were to crack or break, the hatchling surely wouldn’t survive. But if they stayed, they could all be dead. Then she had an idea. “Blossom, I learned how to weave grass together when I was young. I’ll make you a basket you can carry your eggs in during our travels.”

Blossom’s eyes lit up. “That’s a great idea, Maie. How can I help?”
bZXz04P.png

Early the next morning, Maie was woken up by a knock from her spot on the floor near the front door. She had fallen asleep while working on the basket for Blossom. Glancing down, she noted she’d gotten quite far, over halfway done. The knock came again, this time harder and louder. Groaning, she got up and pulled the door open. A small Skydancer hatchling and a type of dragon she’d never seen before were sitting just outside the door. The Ridgeback looked around. There was no sign of either of their parents. Where had they come from?
dragon?age=0&body=15&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=7&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=68&auth=279210a80efaaf4482e8bc6060e03ae83468c84d&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=132&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=127&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=151&auth=0191697aaa577ad84d0fb684d95f17c8dcbec451&dummyext=prev.png

“Uhm,” the small Skydancer mumbled, looking around. “Is Camellia here?” He fidgeted slightly, almost nervously as his companion avoided eye contact with the older dragon. She instead focused on the dirt in front of them.

Maie nodded, moving aside to let the two dragons in. The Skydancer thanked her, but the other hatchling had still not spoken a word. The Ridgeback worried he might be unable to speak. “Might I tell her who’s calling on her so early in the morning?” The more time that passed, the more questions she had. Especially about the strange red dragon that sat beside the Skydancer.

“Hawthorne and Jubilee,” he stated, looking her straight in the eye, which surprised her. He’d been so nervous after she first opened the door. “We escaped from the clutches of the Black Thorn Gang this morning.”

Finally my backlog is done and I can finally introduce Hawthorne and my Banescale hatchling. Oh my goodness do I love this new breed! (For the record I know I didn't get a familiar pull, but I took a note out of Petall's locke that allowed me to add in a new dragon breed when they came of if I wanted! And after losing SO many dragons already, I really need her.)

Speaking of Petall, Wilde's explanation of The Tangled wood was taken from Day 58 of her locke! I loved the idea so much that I had to use it!

Also, Ichabod and Blossom's eggs hatched today! I wanted to get to them, but I'll have to save that for next time! I'm eager to get to this next part! I intended to switch to Nature during this, but I still have a few more days for some nests to incubate so it might be after they arrive. Oh well.

Also, not sure if anyone pays attention to the songs, but Jubilee's random song is perfect. It matches what her intended personality was in my head and I couldn't be happier!
Backlog:
NONE
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Project Tracker
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
Ooooh, Jubilee is really pretty. A lucky hatch you had there :D And I'm sorry, but my Gen One hoarder senses just got the better of me. I had to scry her xD [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=132&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=127&tertgene=41&winggene=47&wings=151&auth=b678db63f82617bff5f08ae307cc5e645d61cddd&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Ooooh, Jubilee is really pretty. A lucky hatch you had there :D

And I'm sorry, but my Gen One hoarder senses just got the better of me. I had to scry her xD

dragon?age=1&body=132&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=10&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=127&tertgene=41&winggene=47&wings=151&auth=b678db63f82617bff5f08ae307cc5e645d61cddd&dummyext=prev.png
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

I adore her so much!

Oh, I love the Scry you did of her! Ragged was also one of my choices for her, I love it so much. Both Tear and Ragged look so good together! But I do like the Secondary gene you gave her. Is that peregrine?
@Drachenschwinge

I adore her so much!

Oh, I love the Scry you did of her! Ragged was also one of my choices for her, I love it so much. Both Tear and Ragged look so good together! But I do like the Secondary gene you gave her. Is that peregrine?
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Project Tracker
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
It's Mottle :3

Yeah, Tear and Ragged just look good with almost anything. I'm kind of glad Banescale look amazing since I am not a big fan of Gaolers.
It's Mottle :3

Yeah, Tear and Ragged just look good with almost anything. I'm kind of glad Banescale look amazing since I am not a big fan of Gaolers.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

Mottle is so good too!

Yeah, Gaoler's aren't my tops either. A few I like a few but I like a lot of species better. imperial.
@Drachenschwinge

Mottle is so good too!

Yeah, Gaoler's aren't my tops either. A few I like a few but I like a lot of species better. imperial.
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Project Tracker
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17