Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CANCELLED] - Chances We Take
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17
@Tiffkaboo

I am really digging big sister Maie! I think she's exactly what Blossom needs, another girl to help her out and stand by her side. That was really sweet of her with the necklace, a really wonderful gesture!
@Tiffkaboo

I am really digging big sister Maie! I think she's exactly what Blossom needs, another girl to help her out and stand by her side. That was really sweet of her with the necklace, a really wonderful gesture!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/9#post_41193641] Previous[/url][/center] [rule] [center][b]Day 23: Old Tattered Scroll[/b] [item=Copper Steampunk Wings] Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] [rule] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905845][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905845_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54829722][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548298/54829722_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905846][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905846_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55737720][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557378/55737720_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Blossom followed Maie into the living room after their talk, her Bramblecrown Stout curled up in her mane again. She looked around the room before setting on Reginald. He looked back at her awkwardly before glancing away. She took a breath and approached him. "Reg, I'm sorry." She hung her head. "I was a total jerk a-" Before she could finish, Reginald had put his forehead to hers, his eyes closed. "Blossom, you don't have to apologize. I get it." He looked at her and smiled. Wilde watched Blossom and Reginald from the other side of the room. His heart ached for her. She was a good kid, but the beginning of her life was something no hatchling should have been put through. He turned his head slightly and jumped as Maie had appeared out of nowhere to sit beside him. He grunted and turned to her. "Why are you sneaking up on me?" Maie smiled and sat down beside him. "A little jumpy?" She asked the question, but didn't wait for his answer. "She's a good kid. I know you're worried about her, but she'll be alright." Turning her head, she looked at the Wildclaw, her eyes soft and caring. "You're doing a great job." Wilde looked at the Imperials again, doubt clouding his features. He'd never known it'd be this hard raising hatchlings. Sure, his life in the Southern Icefield's as one hadn't been full of crazy revenge seeking dragons, but it hadn't been a walk in the park. Was he that much of a hassle as a hatchling? Is that why his parents abandoned him? He was broken out of his trance by a nudge from Maie. "You think too much," she smiled, standing up. "I think we should finish the meeting." She turned to look at Wilde, her face darkened by the shadows of the room. "You sure you're ready for that?" She nodded. "Shiraz risked his life for us, we have to take down the BTG." [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] The four dragons gathered around a small table in the living room, a pot of tea and some biscuits sitting in the middle on a small tray. Wilde was the last to sit, his eyes fixed on Maie. She was so brave, and he admired that. She didn't seem like the crazy kid she was when they first met. She had grown up and matured in the last few hours. Of course, watching someone from your family die in front of you probably didn't help, but it made her stronger. Most people would have gone insane. Again, he was broken out of his trance by a nudge, but this time from Blossom. "Wilde," she giggled. "Pay attention." Wilde cleared his throat. "Sorry," he muttered. "Go ahead, Maie." Maie closed her eyes as she spoke. "Shiraz didn't share much with me. I guess he was afraid if I knew too much, they'd come for me too." She opened her eyes and looked at Wilde. "But one thing he did tell me, is that the base for the BTG moves at least once a month to a different flight area, as to keep under the radar." She looked around the room, the other dragons waiting with baited breath. "Shiraz was trying to figure out if there was a pattern, but he hadn't been able to figure it out." She reached into a bag on her side and pulled out a scroll that looked very old. Its edges were beginning to fall apart. Carefully unrolling it, she spread it across the table for the others to see. It was messy looking, scribbles covered every inch of the scroll, most were illegible. "Shiraz's handwriting was terrible," she laughed as she gazed at the scroll. Reginald looked closer at it. There seemed to be what looked like the symbol for...the Shadow Flight? "Maie? Isn't this the symbol for the Shadow Flight?" Maie peered closer, her eyes squinting. "Yes," she smiled. "They were there about..." She trailed off as she counted in her head. "Shiraz and I had followed them there around the time of the Crystalline Gala." "Then I guess that explains the Ice Flight's symbol beside it," Blossom piped up, pointing to what appeared to be a scribbled Ice flight symbol. "And there's a Fire Flight's symbol over here next to a Earth one." Wilde stared at the scroll. Could it be this easy? His mind was filled with ideas, yet he wasn't sure if they were correct or if it was his lack of sleep getting to him. He pulled the scroll closer to him to examine it closer. The three dragons looked at him questioningly. He found the Wind Symbol next to an Water Symbol in the top left corner. There was something scribbled beneath it, but he paid no attention to that. After finding another set of symbols, an Arcane and Nature, he knew he couldn't be wrong. "I know what the pattern is." All three dragons stared at him, wide eyed. "You do?" Maie asked, a flash of doubt in her eyes. Wilde nodded. "They're in the Sunbeam Ruins." Blossom looked at Reginald before turning back to Wilde. "But BloodMoon told us they were here." "How do you know this? How can you be so sure?" she asked again, more angrily this time. How had he figured this out so fast when Shiraz had spent years writing his notes down on this scroll? "Where the BTG's base is," he started, pointing at the symbol of Plague and Light. "in the Sunbeam Ruins, because the Riot of Rot festival is happening right now." He looked across the table at the three dragons. Each one had a more confused look than the last. He sighed. "During the Crystalline Gala, the BTG's base was in Shadow. It seems they move around Sornieth, keeping their base in the element that is stronger than the festival element." Three sets of eyes stared back at him, no one saying anything. Finally Maie spoke up. "And what reason could they have for doing that?" She sounded annoyed, and he didn't blame her. It had taken Shiraz years to gather this information and he had deciphered in in just a few minutes. "I don't know," he admitted. "They could be trying to recruit the stronger elemental dragons during their counterparts festival. But that is just a guess." Reginald looked at the scroll again before looking at Wilde. "So why do you think BloodMoon told us to check down that alley? You don't think..." he trailed off, not wanting to speak the words that he was thinking. Wilde shook his head. "No, I don't think she was trying to get us killed, Reg. I think she was just mistaken. Or, perhaps they have buildings in each flight already and just keep a few dragons living there to keep out intruders." Maie nodded. "That makes sense. Moving hundreds of dragons from one flight region to the next is hard enough. Moving an entire building's worth of equipment would be crazy." She still didn't like the idea of Wilde figuring out their movements so easily, but it all made sense. Who knows? Maybe Shiraz did figure it out and had kept it from her, like most of the information on this scroll. She gazed at it, half curled up on the table as the other three dragons looked it over. Perhaps, with their help, she could finally figure out what other secrets Shiraz had found out about the BTG. [center][rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/10#post_41212909]Next[/url] [rule] @Orodruin @Petall @Erisere [rule][/center] I'm really tired, so have some BTG stuffs. (I'm sorry that it's just a lot of talking and stuff, but I figured this would be a good place to get all this out.) I'll get to adding more dragons next update. Hopefully. [b]Backlog:[/b] [item=Hippalectryon][item=paper pearlcatcher masque][item=Copper Steampunk Wings]

Day 23: Old Tattered Scroll
Copper Steampunk Wings
Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon

55905845_350.png
54829722_350.png
55905846_350.png
55737720_350.png

Blossom followed Maie into the living room after their talk, her Bramblecrown Stout curled up in her mane again. She looked around the room before setting on Reginald. He looked back at her awkwardly before glancing away. She took a breath and approached him. "Reg, I'm sorry." She hung her head. "I was a total jerk a-"

Before she could finish, Reginald had put his forehead to hers, his eyes closed. "Blossom, you don't have to apologize. I get it." He looked at her and smiled.

Wilde watched Blossom and Reginald from the other side of the room. His heart ached for her. She was a good kid, but the beginning of her life was something no hatchling should have been put through. He turned his head slightly and jumped as Maie had appeared out of nowhere to sit beside him. He grunted and turned to her. "Why are you sneaking up on me?"

Maie smiled and sat down beside him. "A little jumpy?" She asked the question, but didn't wait for his answer. "She's a good kid. I know you're worried about her, but she'll be alright." Turning her head, she looked at the Wildclaw, her eyes soft and caring. "You're doing a great job."

Wilde looked at the Imperials again, doubt clouding his features. He'd never known it'd be this hard raising hatchlings. Sure, his life in the Southern Icefield's as one hadn't been full of crazy revenge seeking dragons, but it hadn't been a walk in the park. Was he that much of a hassle as a hatchling? Is that why his parents abandoned him?

He was broken out of his trance by a nudge from Maie. "You think too much," she smiled, standing up. "I think we should finish the meeting." She turned to look at Wilde, her face darkened by the shadows of the room.

"You sure you're ready for that?"

She nodded. "Shiraz risked his life for us, we have to take down the BTG."
bZXz04P.png

The four dragons gathered around a small table in the living room, a pot of tea and some biscuits sitting in the middle on a small tray. Wilde was the last to sit, his eyes fixed on Maie. She was so brave, and he admired that. She didn't seem like the crazy kid she was when they first met. She had grown up and matured in the last few hours. Of course, watching someone from your family die in front of you probably didn't help, but it made her stronger. Most people would have gone insane.

Again, he was broken out of his trance by a nudge, but this time from Blossom. "Wilde," she giggled. "Pay attention."

Wilde cleared his throat. "Sorry," he muttered. "Go ahead, Maie."

Maie closed her eyes as she spoke. "Shiraz didn't share much with me. I guess he was afraid if I knew too much, they'd come for me too." She opened her eyes and looked at Wilde. "But one thing he did tell me, is that the base for the BTG moves at least once a month to a different flight area, as to keep under the radar." She looked around the room, the other dragons waiting with baited breath. "Shiraz was trying to figure out if there was a pattern, but he hadn't been able to figure it out." She reached into a bag on her side and pulled out a scroll that looked very old. Its edges were beginning to fall apart. Carefully unrolling it, she spread it across the table for the others to see. It was messy looking, scribbles covered every inch of the scroll, most were illegible. "Shiraz's handwriting was terrible," she laughed as she gazed at the scroll.

Reginald looked closer at it. There seemed to be what looked like the symbol for...the Shadow Flight? "Maie? Isn't this the symbol for the Shadow Flight?"

Maie peered closer, her eyes squinting. "Yes," she smiled. "They were there about..." She trailed off as she counted in her head. "Shiraz and I had followed them there around the time of the Crystalline Gala."

"Then I guess that explains the Ice Flight's symbol beside it," Blossom piped up, pointing to what appeared to be a scribbled Ice flight symbol. "And there's a Fire Flight's symbol over here next to a Earth one."

Wilde stared at the scroll. Could it be this easy? His mind was filled with ideas, yet he wasn't sure if they were correct or if it was his lack of sleep getting to him. He pulled the scroll closer to him to examine it closer. The three dragons looked at him questioningly. He found the Wind Symbol next to an Water Symbol in the top left corner. There was something scribbled beneath it, but he paid no attention to that. After finding another set of symbols, an Arcane and Nature, he knew he couldn't be wrong. "I know what the pattern is."

All three dragons stared at him, wide eyed. "You do?" Maie asked, a flash of doubt in her eyes.

Wilde nodded. "They're in the Sunbeam Ruins."

Blossom looked at Reginald before turning back to Wilde. "But BloodMoon told us they were here."

"How do you know this? How can you be so sure?" she asked again, more angrily this time. How had he figured this out so fast when Shiraz had spent years writing his notes down on this scroll?

"Where the BTG's base is," he started, pointing at the symbol of Plague and Light. "in the Sunbeam Ruins, because the Riot of Rot festival is happening right now." He looked across the table at the three dragons. Each one had a more confused look than the last. He sighed. "During the Crystalline Gala, the BTG's base was in Shadow. It seems they move around Sornieth, keeping their base in the element that is stronger than the festival element."

Three sets of eyes stared back at him, no one saying anything. Finally Maie spoke up. "And what reason could they have for doing that?" She sounded annoyed, and he didn't blame her. It had taken Shiraz years to gather this information and he had deciphered in in just a few minutes.

"I don't know," he admitted. "They could be trying to recruit the stronger elemental dragons during their counterparts festival. But that is just a guess."

Reginald looked at the scroll again before looking at Wilde. "So why do you think BloodMoon told us to check down that alley? You don't think..." he trailed off, not wanting to speak the words that he was thinking.

Wilde shook his head. "No, I don't think she was trying to get us killed, Reg. I think she was just mistaken. Or, perhaps they have buildings in each flight already and just keep a few dragons living there to keep out intruders."

Maie nodded. "That makes sense. Moving hundreds of dragons from one flight region to the next is hard enough. Moving an entire building's worth of equipment would be crazy." She still didn't like the idea of Wilde figuring out their movements so easily, but it all made sense. Who knows? Maybe Shiraz did figure it out and had kept it from her, like most of the information on this scroll. She gazed at it, half curled up on the table as the other three dragons looked it over. Perhaps, with their help, she could finally figure out what other secrets Shiraz had found out about the BTG.
I'm really tired, so have some BTG stuffs. (I'm sorry that it's just a lot of talking and stuff, but I figured this would be a good place to get all this out.)

I'll get to adding more dragons next update. Hopefully.

Backlog:
Hippalectryon Paper Pearlcatcher Masque Copper Steampunk Wings
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Petall

I agree! It never hurts to have a big sister around!
@Petall

I agree! It never hurts to have a big sister around!
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

Ooo, that's clever, using elemental alignment not just to align with the festivals, but to be stronger than the festivals! I really can't wait to learn more about what the BTG is up to...
@Tiffkaboo

Ooo, that's clever, using elemental alignment not just to align with the festivals, but to be stronger than the festivals! I really can't wait to learn more about what the BTG is up to...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/10#post_41205314] Previous[/url][/center] [rule] [center][b]Day 24: Comforting Touch[/b] [item=Dried Cedar Branch][item=paper pearlcatcher masque] Sentence: Writing / Breed or Scroll a Dragon[/center] [rule] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/K1PTiwX.png[/img][/center] Later that night, a Coatl dressed in a fancy waistcoat accented with an identical top hat walked slowly through a dark alleyway. He looked around before taking a left, knocking three times on a huge iron door hidden in the shadows. A voice grunted from the other side of the door, asking for a password. The Coatl squinted his eyes, looking around again, making sure he was completely alone before hissing the password through a small open window in the door. "Sssnakes." He smirked as the door opened and he stepped inside, taking off his hat. "Ssshadow, follow." A small black cat bounded up to him and climbed onto his head before the dragon continued inside. The Coatl looked around at the dimly lit room. The hideout was excellently hidden inside the back of a local pub. There weren't many dragons left here at such a late hour, but the few who were there completely ignored the Coatl. He didn't pay them any mind as he walked down a long hall. He knew where he was going, he'd been here a million times. He turned a corner before coming to the last door. It was huge, compared to the regular size doors littered throughout the hideout. He used the secret knock and waited. It was a good 5 minutes before an even grumpier voice than the last answered his knock. "Darius?" the voice asked from the other side of the closed door. 'Careful as ever,' Darius thought. "Yesss, it tisss I, Bosss," Darius hissed, a smile spreading across his face. "I come bearing good newsss." The large door clunked as the lock opened. A huge Bogsneak opened the door and glared at the Coatl. "Come in," the large imposing figure hissed. He moved aside to allow the Coatl entrance. "This could not wait until morning?" He looked annoyed and sleepy as he returned to his chair, lighting a candle on his desk. The flame flickered over his face, his features dark and unreadable. The Coatl followed and sat across from him. "Bosss, I have found the Imperial'sss." He smiled as the Bogsneak looked at him, his interest peaked. "I wasss working in the marketplace during the fessstival. I ssspotted the female and a Pearlcatcher together and when they won the game, I gave the girl the familiar." The Bogsneak's grin widened, happy with the news. "So, we can track their movements now, is that correct?" Darius nodded, affirmatively. "That'sss right, Bosss. Teo usssed Arcane magic to enable us to sssee through it's eyesss." Darius smiled. "I think it'sss alssso relevant to mention that the Pearlcatcher hasss been 'taken care of' by Zaj and Rococo." The Bogsneak's eyes darkened as he thanked Darius. "I will call you if I need your assistance again." He watched the Coatl leave and used his own magic to hone in on the location of the familiar that slept beside the female Imperial. He watched her sleep through it's eyes and grinned. "You will be back in my clutches again soon, Blossom. Mark my words." [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55737720][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557378/55737720_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905845][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905845_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31187.png[/img][/center] Wilde awoke with a start, his head whipping around to look around the room. It was pitch black and quiet. He glanced to his side where Blossom slept, her Bramblecrown Stout was asleep beside her. 'What a nightmare,' he thought to himself before quietly getting up, cursing softly as the familiar's head shot up to look at him. "Stay," he whispered. He stretched and left the room, getting a drink of water from the kitchen. As he turned to head back, he heard the faint sound of sobbing coming from the front porch. He walked to the window and peered out. Maie was curled up, sobbing and whimpering to herself. Wilde opened the door as quietly as he could and stepped out. The Ridgeback turned her head, her eyes fully drenched in tears. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54829722][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548298/54829722_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "I didn't think anyone would hear me out here," she admitted, lowering her head, pulling her tail closer to her body. "I'm sorry if I woke you." Wilde sat beside her. "You didn't wake me, Maie. Do you want to talk?" He offered her his shoulder to cry on and she laid her head down. "Is this about Shiraz?" The Ridgeback hiccuped and nodded. "I woke up and he wasn't there," she sobbed. "I was trying to be strong and..." Wilde pat her cheek softly. He was getting more used to comforting others, though how comforting he actually was, he didn't know. "Maie, you can't be so hard on yourself." She lifted her head to look him in the eyes. "You've been traveling with him for years. You were family. You're not expected to get over it so soon. Take your time. It'll hurt. For months, for years even. No one expects you to be back to your old self already." He smiled. "You're strong, but even strong dragons need to cry." Maie nodded, leaning over to nuzzle his cheek. She closed her eyes and felt like she could tackle anything with him by her side. "Thank you, Wilde," she murmured. Wilde nuzzled her back, a feeling of affection washing over him. He paid it no mind as he soaked in the moment. The two dragons curled up together and fell asleep. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] Maie awoke alone a few hours later. The sun was just peering over the horizon but she could tell it was going to be another hot one. She tried to get up and felt something warm leaning against her tummy. She looked down, her eyes widening in surprise. Three eggs sat nestled beside her. 'Oh no,' she thought. 'What have I done?' [center][rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/10#post_41224384]Next[/url] [rule] @Orodruin @Petall @Erisere [rule][/center] So...Wilde and Maie got off breeding cooldown today and...this happened. I'm not sorry. [emoji=ridgeback winking size=1] Anyone remember this Coatl? (probably not, because I didn't give a description, but that was my fault) [b]Backlog:[/b] [item=Hippalectryon][item=Copper Steampunk Wings]

Day 24: Comforting Touch
Dried Cedar Branch Paper Pearlcatcher Masque
Sentence: Writing / Breed or Scroll a Dragon

K1PTiwX.png

Later that night, a Coatl dressed in a fancy waistcoat accented with an identical top hat walked slowly through a dark alleyway. He looked around before taking a left, knocking three times on a huge iron door hidden in the shadows. A voice grunted from the other side of the door, asking for a password. The Coatl squinted his eyes, looking around again, making sure he was completely alone before hissing the password through a small open window in the door. "Sssnakes." He smirked as the door opened and he stepped inside, taking off his hat. "Ssshadow, follow." A small black cat bounded up to him and climbed onto his head before the dragon continued inside.

The Coatl looked around at the dimly lit room. The hideout was excellently hidden inside the back of a local pub. There weren't many dragons left here at such a late hour, but the few who were there completely ignored the Coatl. He didn't pay them any mind as he walked down a long hall. He knew where he was going, he'd been here a million times. He turned a corner before coming to the last door. It was huge, compared to the regular size doors littered throughout the hideout. He used the secret knock and waited. It was a good 5 minutes before an even grumpier voice than the last answered his knock. "Darius?" the voice asked from the other side of the closed door.

'Careful as ever,' Darius thought. "Yesss, it tisss I, Bosss," Darius hissed, a smile spreading across his face. "I come bearing good newsss."

The large door clunked as the lock opened. A huge Bogsneak opened the door and glared at the Coatl. "Come in," the large imposing figure hissed. He moved aside to allow the Coatl entrance. "This could not wait until morning?" He looked annoyed and sleepy as he returned to his chair, lighting a candle on his desk. The flame flickered over his face, his features dark and unreadable.

The Coatl followed and sat across from him. "Bosss, I have found the Imperial'sss." He smiled as the Bogsneak looked at him, his interest peaked. "I wasss working in the marketplace during the fessstival. I ssspotted the female and a Pearlcatcher together and when they won the game, I gave the girl the familiar."

The Bogsneak's grin widened, happy with the news. "So, we can track their movements now, is that correct?"

Darius nodded, affirmatively. "That'sss right, Bosss. Teo usssed Arcane magic to enable us to sssee through it's eyesss." Darius smiled. "I think it'sss alssso relevant to mention that the Pearlcatcher hasss been 'taken care of' by Zaj and Rococo."

The Bogsneak's eyes darkened as he thanked Darius. "I will call you if I need your assistance again." He watched the Coatl leave and used his own magic to hone in on the location of the familiar that slept beside the female Imperial. He watched her sleep through it's eyes and grinned. "You will be back in my clutches again soon, Blossom. Mark my words."
bZXz04P.png
55737720_350.png
55905845_350.png
31187.png

Wilde awoke with a start, his head whipping around to look around the room. It was pitch black and quiet. He glanced to his side where Blossom slept, her Bramblecrown Stout was asleep beside her. 'What a nightmare,' he thought to himself before quietly getting up, cursing softly as the familiar's head shot up to look at him. "Stay," he whispered. He stretched and left the room, getting a drink of water from the kitchen. As he turned to head back, he heard the faint sound of sobbing coming from the front porch. He walked to the window and peered out. Maie was curled up, sobbing and whimpering to herself. Wilde opened the door as quietly as he could and stepped out. The Ridgeback turned her head, her eyes fully drenched in tears.
54829722_350.png

"I didn't think anyone would hear me out here," she admitted, lowering her head, pulling her tail closer to her body. "I'm sorry if I woke you."

Wilde sat beside her. "You didn't wake me, Maie. Do you want to talk?" He offered her his shoulder to cry on and she laid her head down. "Is this about Shiraz?"

The Ridgeback hiccuped and nodded. "I woke up and he wasn't there," she sobbed. "I was trying to be strong and..."

Wilde pat her cheek softly. He was getting more used to comforting others, though how comforting he actually was, he didn't know. "Maie, you can't be so hard on yourself." She lifted her head to look him in the eyes. "You've been traveling with him for years. You were family. You're not expected to get over it so soon. Take your time. It'll hurt. For months, for years even. No one expects you to be back to your old self already." He smiled. "You're strong, but even strong dragons need to cry."

Maie nodded, leaning over to nuzzle his cheek. She closed her eyes and felt like she could tackle anything with him by her side. "Thank you, Wilde," she murmured.

Wilde nuzzled her back, a feeling of affection washing over him. He paid it no mind as he soaked in the moment. The two dragons curled up together and fell asleep.
bZXz04P.png

Maie awoke alone a few hours later. The sun was just peering over the horizon but she could tell it was going to be another hot one. She tried to get up and felt something warm leaning against her tummy. She looked down, her eyes widening in surprise. Three eggs sat nestled beside her. 'Oh no,' she thought. 'What have I done?'
So...Wilde and Maie got off breeding cooldown today and...this happened. I'm not sorry.

Anyone remember this Coatl? (probably not, because I didn't give a description, but that was my fault)

Backlog:
Hippalectryon Copper Steampunk Wings
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo Aw, I liked that stoat so much, and now its being used for evil [emoji=spiral sad size=2] (great storytelling though!) But eggs! How exciting!!!
@Tiffkaboo

Aw, I liked that stoat so much, and now its being used for evil (great storytelling though!)

But eggs! How exciting!!!
@Petall Poor stout doesn't deserve that [emoji=spiral sad size=1] (thank you!) Yay eggs! I can't wait to see their babies. [s]The preview's were really good too, omg[/s]
@Petall

Poor stout doesn't deserve that (thank you!)

Yay eggs! I can't wait to see their babies. The preview's were really good too, omg
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
[rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/10#post_41212909] Previous[/url][/center] [rule] [center][b]Day 25: Family Matters[/b] [item=Maple Leaf] Sentence: Writing[/center] [rule] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54829722][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548298/54829722_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=60&auth=82baf2d20b7c6f1ba0650f6477493074642941bf&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The Ridgeback stared down at the green pulsating eggs laying beside her. She wrapped her tail around them and looked around. There was no sign of Wilde or the two Imperials. She jumped and her head whipped around as the door to the house opened. BloodMoon peaked her head out, a sprinkle of flour on her hands and face. "Maie?" she asked, wiping her hands off on the apron wrapped around her waist. "Darling, what in the world are you do- oh my." The small Fae fluttered over to check over the eggs. They glowed brighter at her touch. "Let's bring them inside and find a nice warm place for them." A few minutes later, Maie was placing the last of her eggs in a makeshift nest made from a blanket. She stared in disbelief at them. She couldn't believe she was going to be a mother. And with Wilde of all dragons. Sure, he was nice, but he had enough problems of his own taking care of the Imperial's and their issues. "Maie?" A soft voice broke her out of her thoughts. The Ridgeback turned to the other dragon, who was sitting on the floor near the nest. "I know you're nervous, dear, but you have a lot of dragons who are willing to help you. Wilde-" "You can't tell him," she blurted, her face flushing. "He'll be so angry a-and.." She trailed off, her mind blank of any thoughts. How could she think? All that came to her mind is messing up these small dragons' lives. She knew nothing about raising hatchlings. What in the world was she going to do? The Fae's face softened as she smiled, fluttering over to sit on the knee of the younger dragon. "He's the father, isn't he?" Her question was more rhetorical, but Maie nodded anyway. "Maie, keeping his children from him will just make him more angry. He cares about you, otherwise, these little miracles wouldn't exist. I know you're scared, but you have Gomez and I. And Wilde. He's a bit on the rough side, yes, but he's a very caring individual." She smiled at her. "Just think, he's helping two strangers he found in the desert." Maie took a deep breath and nodded. She was still scared, but knowing that she had help made her feel more relaxed. Again, she looked at her eggs, glowing in the blanket a few feet away. 'No matter what, I will make sure you all have the best life you can.' [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bZXz04P.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55737720][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557378/55737720_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55905846][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559059/55905846_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Nearly an hour later, Wilde entered the house alongside Reginald. The two had gone hunting in the desert, their prize was inside a bag strapped to the Imperial's side. Reginald was grinning. He enjoyed learing to hunt from the Wildclaw. He dropped the bag down on the counter, excitedly recounting an event that happened that morning. "BM! Guess what?" he leaned on the counter as she opened the bag to pull out their lunch and began to prepare it. "We were so close to catching a Zeeba!" Their conversation faded from his ears as Wilde approached Maie in the living room. "Maie, I want to apologize for leaving you out there by yourself this morning." He smiled at her. "I forgot I promised Reginald I'd teach him how to hunt." He paused when he noticed she was barely paying attention. "Maie?" Maie looked at him and managed a smile. "Wilde, I have something to show you." Wilde looked at her, a puzzled look on his face. "Maie? What's wrong?" Maie didn't answer as she led the Wildclaw to a back room. She was quiet as she pushed the door open and went in to stand beside the eggs. He looked around and his eyes widened when he spotted them. "Maie..." he mumbled, trailing off. It couldn't be. These couldn't be his, could they? "Maie are these our's?" He couldn't imagine being a father. Maie avoided his gaze, scared of what she'd see in his eyes. "Yes," she said softly. "I found them when I woke up this morning." She finally met his gaze, wringing her hands in front of her. She took a deep breath before continuing. "I know we just met and we may not be ready to be parents. We barely know each other, so I don't want to force you to stay." She stopped moving her hands and watched the face of the other dragon. He was quiet and she was sure he was going to reject her. Wilde stared at the eggs. He knew what he had to do, there was no doubt in his mind. He'd be a better parent than his own. He'd raise these young dragons with love and care. And, he did care for Maie. It'd take him time, but perhaps he could come to love her. He wouldn't give up on them easily. "Maie, I want to raise them with you." He closed the gap between them and nuzzled her neck. "I want us to try to be a family." Maie closed her eyes and nuzzled the other dragon, a happy sigh escaping her lips. [center][rule] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2764569/11#post_41234021]Next[/url] [rule] @Orodruin @Petall @Erisere [rule][/center] I'm really tired, so I hope this came out as I intended. Hope you like! Now off to sleep I go~ [b]Backlog:[/b] [item=Hippalectryon][item=Copper Steampunk Wings]

Day 25: Family Matters
Maple Leaf
Sentence: Writing

54829722_350.png
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=60&auth=82baf2d20b7c6f1ba0650f6477493074642941bf&dummyext=prev.png

The Ridgeback stared down at the green pulsating eggs laying beside her. She wrapped her tail around them and looked around. There was no sign of Wilde or the two Imperials. She jumped and her head whipped around as the door to the house opened. BloodMoon peaked her head out, a sprinkle of flour on her hands and face. "Maie?" she asked, wiping her hands off on the apron wrapped around her waist. "Darling, what in the world are you do- oh my." The small Fae fluttered over to check over the eggs. They glowed brighter at her touch. "Let's bring them inside and find a nice warm place for them."

A few minutes later, Maie was placing the last of her eggs in a makeshift nest made from a blanket. She stared in disbelief at them. She couldn't believe she was going to be a mother. And with Wilde of all dragons. Sure, he was nice, but he had enough problems of his own taking care of the Imperial's and their issues.

"Maie?" A soft voice broke her out of her thoughts. The Ridgeback turned to the other dragon, who was sitting on the floor near the nest. "I know you're nervous, dear, but you have a lot of dragons who are willing to help you. Wilde-"

"You can't tell him," she blurted, her face flushing. "He'll be so angry a-and.." She trailed off, her mind blank of any thoughts. How could she think? All that came to her mind is messing up these small dragons' lives. She knew nothing about raising hatchlings. What in the world was she going to do?

The Fae's face softened as she smiled, fluttering over to sit on the knee of the younger dragon. "He's the father, isn't he?" Her question was more rhetorical, but Maie nodded anyway. "Maie, keeping his children from him will just make him more angry. He cares about you, otherwise, these little miracles wouldn't exist. I know you're scared, but you have Gomez and I. And Wilde. He's a bit on the rough side, yes, but he's a very caring individual." She smiled at her. "Just think, he's helping two strangers he found in the desert."

Maie took a deep breath and nodded. She was still scared, but knowing that she had help made her feel more relaxed. Again, she looked at her eggs, glowing in the blanket a few feet away. 'No matter what, I will make sure you all have the best life you can.'
bZXz04P.png
55737720_350.png
55905846_350.png

Nearly an hour later, Wilde entered the house alongside Reginald. The two had gone hunting in the desert, their prize was inside a bag strapped to the Imperial's side. Reginald was grinning. He enjoyed learing to hunt from the Wildclaw. He dropped the bag down on the counter, excitedly recounting an event that happened that morning. "BM! Guess what?" he leaned on the counter as she opened the bag to pull out their lunch and began to prepare it. "We were so close to catching a Zeeba!"

Their conversation faded from his ears as Wilde approached Maie in the living room. "Maie, I want to apologize for leaving you out there by yourself this morning." He smiled at her. "I forgot I promised Reginald I'd teach him how to hunt." He paused when he noticed she was barely paying attention. "Maie?"

Maie looked at him and managed a smile. "Wilde, I have something to show you."

Wilde looked at her, a puzzled look on his face. "Maie? What's wrong?"

Maie didn't answer as she led the Wildclaw to a back room. She was quiet as she pushed the door open and went in to stand beside the eggs. He looked around and his eyes widened when he spotted them. "Maie..." he mumbled, trailing off. It couldn't be. These couldn't be his, could they? "Maie are these our's?" He couldn't imagine being a father.

Maie avoided his gaze, scared of what she'd see in his eyes. "Yes," she said softly. "I found them when I woke up this morning." She finally met his gaze, wringing her hands in front of her. She took a deep breath before continuing. "I know we just met and we may not be ready to be parents. We barely know each other, so I don't want to force you to stay." She stopped moving her hands and watched the face of the other dragon. He was quiet and she was sure he was going to reject her.

Wilde stared at the eggs. He knew what he had to do, there was no doubt in his mind. He'd be a better parent than his own. He'd raise these young dragons with love and care. And, he did care for Maie. It'd take him time, but perhaps he could come to love her. He wouldn't give up on them easily. "Maie, I want to raise them with you." He closed the gap between them and nuzzled her neck. "I want us to try to be a family."

Maie closed her eyes and nuzzled the other dragon, a happy sigh escaping her lips.
I'm really tired, so I hope this came out as I intended. Hope you like! Now off to sleep I go~

Backlog:
Hippalectryon Copper Steampunk Wings
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

OH YES! DAD WILDE FOR THE WIN!!! He's going to be a great dad, as seen by the way that he cares for Reginald and Blossom! Also, I can't wait to see the imps with the kiddos! Also, I can't wait for the kiddos in general and seeing what they are like!
@Tiffkaboo

OH YES! DAD WILDE FOR THE WIN!!! He's going to be a great dad, as seen by the way that he cares for Reginald and Blossom! Also, I can't wait to see the imps with the kiddos! Also, I can't wait for the kiddos in general and seeing what they are like!
@Petall

Dad Wilde is going to be amazing, I can't wait to write him! Eee yes! I'm psyched to develop their personalities!

the previews were PRETTY from what I remember. fingers crossed!
@Petall

Dad Wilde is going to be amazing, I can't wait to write him! Eee yes! I'm psyched to develop their personalities!

the previews were PRETTY from what I remember. fingers crossed!
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
extra1.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17