Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 169 170
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55140400] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/551405/55140400.png[/img] [/url] [b]Izumi | Spiral | District 12[/b] -----[/center] As the pearlcatcher finished her speech, Izumi felt a singe of loathing dance across her chest. She had already taken quick assessments of her fellow tributes, and could tell that some of them were more than eager to fight in the games, and maybe even eager to kill. The thought made her almost sick -- death for the entertainment of others? Everything about that felt wrong to her. Izumi was abhorred when the pearlcatcher had uttered words such as "honor" and being "worthy". Was a god's love and favor a true reason to commit such repulsive atrocities? Izumi realized that she was very far away from home indeed. Just what had this land in store for her? Izumi looked around the room. The weapon racks were the first thing that caught her eye, their variety of sharp, dragon-killing blades shimmering in the faint light that slipped through the tiny windows. She was was never strong enough for things like greatswords, nor did she possess the precise aim to handle bows. Smaller, shorter swords were always what she preferred, or blunt objects that allowed her to bludgeon whatever needed the bludgeoning. Izumi moved on, scanning the far wall. She looked at the former victors of the games (with some disgust) and noticed a familiar dragon at the end of the line of pedestals. A lifelike statue of [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=339149&tab=dragon&did=50669593]Calamintha[/url] stood, risen high above the floor. Izumi looked away. It was no use to think about her, it was best to forget she existed. Izumi figured that it would be a smart move to get her interview done and finished with before the line got too long. She turned from the statue and walked over to the interview booth, ready to make her pitch to the people of the Plaguelands. ------ [b]Introduce yourself to the Plaguelands, why should we care about you?[/b] "My name is Izumi. I like to brew potions, poisons, and other various concoctions. I'm not like the some of the others here -- I'm not bloodthirsty, or cruel, and I do not lack compassion. I'm here because I wanted to keep people I love from harm, and if you'd like to see a tribute willing to give their life to save others, then I am who you should be caring about." [b]Why did you volunteer for these historic Games?[/b] "To save my friends. When we were told we had to select a tribute for the games, there was much arguing among the heads of my clan about who was to be sent. I volunteered so that nobody would get hurt -- I care for them all deeply." [b]Do you know the other Tribute from your district? Any sort of relationship there?[/b] "Um... no. I have not seen them before. They look quite elegant, though! I hope we can stay on good terms for the games." [b]You've had a chance to meet the other Tributes now. Thoughts? Anyone stand out?[/b] "I don't really want to mention any names... let's just say I think it's an interesting group of people. A lot of variety here. I'm sure it will be a good show." [b]What do you think your odds are for survival?[/b] "I'd say my odds are okay. I may not be the best at fighting, but I have much knowledge of the Wasteland's foliage. If nothing else, I might be able to use the earth and its natural resources to my advantage." [b]What would be the most useful thing to send you in the Arena?[/b] "Any sort of plant will do. I can make a potion or salve out of almost anything. If you don't have plants, well, maybe some rope? I've heard tying something to something else could prove useful." [b]Should you emerge the victor, what will you do with your winnings?[/b] "I would give a fair portion of it to my clan, then spend it on ingredients for more potion research. It's my life's passion." [b]Anything you want to say to the spectators? To friends and family back home?[/b] "Hey, [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=339149&tab=dragon&did=12383877]Nyx[/url]. I miss you already. If these are the last words I'll ever say to you, then I'm glad I got to meet you. You've been a great friend. Say hi to [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=339149&tab=dragon&did=52949560]Hesperides[/url] for me." ------- [size=2]Pings: @Sincerity11 ; mentioned your boyo! (RP OPEN!)

55140400.png

Izumi | Spiral | District 12

As the pearlcatcher finished her speech, Izumi felt a singe of loathing dance across her chest. She had already taken quick assessments of her fellow tributes, and could tell that some of them were more than eager to fight in the games, and maybe even eager to kill. The thought made her almost sick -- death for the entertainment of others? Everything about that felt wrong to her. Izumi was abhorred when the pearlcatcher had uttered words such as "honor" and being "worthy". Was a god's love and favor a true reason to commit such repulsive atrocities? Izumi realized that she was very far away from home indeed. Just what had this land in store for her?

Izumi looked around the room. The weapon racks were the first thing that caught her eye, their variety of sharp, dragon-killing blades shimmering in the faint light that slipped through the tiny windows. She was was never strong enough for things like greatswords, nor did she possess the precise aim to handle bows. Smaller, shorter swords were always what she preferred, or blunt objects that allowed her to bludgeon whatever needed the bludgeoning. Izumi moved on, scanning the far wall. She looked at the former victors of the games (with some disgust) and noticed a familiar dragon at the end of the line of pedestals. A lifelike statue of Calamintha stood, risen high above the floor. Izumi looked away. It was no use to think about her, it was best to forget she existed.

Izumi figured that it would be a smart move to get her interview done and finished with before the line got too long. She turned from the statue and walked over to the interview booth, ready to make her pitch to the people of the Plaguelands.

Introduce yourself to the Plaguelands, why should we care about you?

"My name is Izumi. I like to brew potions, poisons, and other various concoctions. I'm not like the some of the others here -- I'm not bloodthirsty, or cruel, and I do not lack compassion. I'm here because I wanted to keep people I love from harm, and if you'd like to see a tribute willing to give their life to save others, then I am who you should be caring about."

Why did you volunteer for these historic Games?

"To save my friends. When we were told we had to select a tribute for the games, there was much arguing among the heads of my clan about who was to be sent. I volunteered so that nobody would get hurt -- I care for them all deeply."

Do you know the other Tribute from your district? Any sort of relationship there?

"Um... no. I have not seen them before. They look quite elegant, though! I hope we can stay on good terms for the games."

You've had a chance to meet the other Tributes now. Thoughts? Anyone stand out?

"I don't really want to mention any names... let's just say I think it's an interesting group of people. A lot of variety here. I'm sure it will be a good show."

What do you think your odds are for survival?

"I'd say my odds are okay. I may not be the best at fighting, but I have much knowledge of the Wasteland's foliage. If nothing else, I might be able to use the earth and its natural resources to my advantage."

What would be the most useful thing to send you in the Arena?

"Any sort of plant will do. I can make a potion or salve out of almost anything. If you don't have plants, well, maybe some rope? I've heard tying something to something else could prove useful."

Should you emerge the victor, what will you do with your winnings?

"I would give a fair portion of it to my clan, then spend it on ingredients for more potion research. It's my life's passion."

Anything you want to say to the spectators? To friends and family back home?

"Hey, Nyx. I miss you already. If these are the last words I'll ever say to you, then I'm glad I got to meet you. You've been a great friend. Say hi to Hesperides for me."

Pings: @Sincerity11 ; mentioned your boyo!

(RP OPEN!)
oNzCdIg.gif
x
x
/ f2u codes /
Altair | District 12 | Interactions: Izumi (@Taytenn)

Altair had gotten bored of just standing there and eating, and then he spotted the spiral that he believed was from his district appeared from finishing her interview. From what he knew making alliances was a good idea in these games so he strode over to the other dragon.

"Hello, I'm Altair." He greeted her with a kind smile on her face. "So you're the other dragon from District 12 right, by the way what's your name again?" He asked curiously, he felt like it was on the tip of his tongue but Altair couldn't quite recall it.
Altair | District 12 | Interactions: Izumi (@Taytenn)

Altair had gotten bored of just standing there and eating, and then he spotted the spiral that he believed was from his district appeared from finishing her interview. From what he knew making alliances was a good idea in these games so he strode over to the other dragon.

"Hello, I'm Altair." He greeted her with a kind smile on her face. "So you're the other dragon from District 12 right, by the way what's your name again?" He asked curiously, he felt like it was on the tip of his tongue but Altair couldn't quite recall it.
url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55554618] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555547/55554618_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Frosthorn/Plague/Gaoler/District 3[/b] Frosthorn sat with cold indifference. The behemoth of a dragon sat on the chair and heard it creak audibly with his weight. To say he exuded an air of fear was an understatement as some in the first row backed up save for those rival his size. [b]Introduce yourself to the Plaguelands, why should we care about you?[/b] I'm a son of the Plaguelands. Born and raised in the scarred wasteland almost all my life save for time I spent nearest the Wyrmwound. I would rather die fighting for the Plaguemother than to any other death. [b]Why did you volunteer for these historic Games?[/b] To save my unborn children and nieces and nephews from the pain of losing an aunt or mother rather than a father whom they will fear. [b]Do you know the other Tribute from your district? Any sort of relationship there?[/b] I do not, though I am sure they are capable and we will test this on the field of battle. [b]You've had a chance to meet the other Tributes now. Thoughts? Anyone stand out?[/b] Not that I can remember, it escapes me at this time. [b]What do you think your odds are for survival?[/b] While I have blasted much, there is something I will leave only to presentation, may the odds be ever in my favor. [b]What would be the most useful thing to send you in the Arena?[/b] Claws, Armor, Provisions. Anything you can provide to make the show more entertaining. [b]Should you emerge the victor, what will you do with your winnings?[/b] I would increase my profit and donate to the community to help my people more. [b]Anything you want to say to the spectators? To friends and family back home?[/b] Shadow, Bew, I love you both and Blud, take care of my sister.
url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55554618]
55554618_350.png
[/url]
Frosthorn/Plague/Gaoler/District 3
Frosthorn sat with cold indifference. The behemoth of a dragon sat on the chair and heard it creak audibly with his weight. To say he exuded an air of fear was an understatement as some in the first row backed up save for those rival his size.

I'm a son of the Plaguelands. Born and raised in the scarred wasteland almost all my life save for time I spent nearest the Wyrmwound. I would rather die fighting for the Plaguemother than to any other death.

To save my unborn children and nieces and nephews from the pain of losing an aunt or mother rather than a father whom they will fear.

Do you know the other Tribute from your district? Any sort of relationship there?
I do not, though I am sure they are capable and we will test this on the field of battle.

Not that I can remember, it escapes me at this time.

While I have blasted much, there is something I will leave only to presentation, may the odds be ever in my favor.

Claws, Armor, Provisions. Anything you can provide to make the show more entertaining.

I would increase my profit and donate to the community to help my people more.

Shadow, Bew, I love you both and Blud, take care of my sister.
@CinamonPizza we got placed together! Coincidence? I think not! @3idolin I'm watching you Mike Wazowski. . .
@CinamonPizza we got placed together! Coincidence? I think not! @3idolin I'm watching you Mike Wazowski. . .
heck yeah we be brawlin @ShrimpChronos. Funny too bc Im writing up my interview rn and I just mentioned your boy ^^
heck yeah we be brawlin @ShrimpChronos. Funny too bc Im writing up my interview rn and I just mentioned your boy ^^
Cleaning up the dust...
Rhodinite | District 3 | Plague | Pearlcatcher

Her time had come. She was ready for the days ahead of her, and was prepared to fight till her last breath. She stood before the statue of Calamintha, remembering the time when her mate both befriended her and tried to kill her. While her hands werent the ones that ended him, she couldnt help but feel disgusted looking at the statue, knowing her death could have shifted the games in his favor. She dared not approach it too closely, knowing it would spew on about her. She had things to do, anyways, and her time wouldnt be well spent looking as a statue. She proceeded to the interviews and began her pleas to her fellow plague dragons

Her voice was cold, slightly monotone, and yet full of determination and courage. "My name is Rhodinite, District 3. I came here on behalf of my mate, Pertama, who has died in the arena so close to getting out."

"Ive come here to do one of two things; survive and find closure in what he lost, or die and join him in the netherworld."

(@ShrimpChronos) "Frosthorn seems to be a bit of a brute, though from what Ive heard he has a heart of gold. We have similar motivations regarding family, and Im sure no one better could have been decided as my companion into the Arena."

"No one in particular, though Im sure that will change."

"One in Twenty Four. Four percent. Those are my chances. Call it harsh, but it is simply reality."

"Anything, really. Even something as silly and useless as a bouncy ball can lift spirits and give hope that someone out there cares for us in the arena."

"My winnings will go towards my three hatchlings at home, raising them to the best of my abilities and providing the best life they can have."

"If I dont make it, know I love you three so very deeply. Keep em safe for me, Cheeto, will ya?"

As an applause rang through the interview booth, fake or real she couldn't tell, she exited the stage. She re entered the holding room, and once again her eyes laid on the statue of Calamintha, and she found herself hurriedly looking away and going towards the table of food, hoping to fill her belly before the games began.
Rhodinite | District 3 | Plague | Pearlcatcher

Her time had come. She was ready for the days ahead of her, and was prepared to fight till her last breath. She stood before the statue of Calamintha, remembering the time when her mate both befriended her and tried to kill her. While her hands werent the ones that ended him, she couldnt help but feel disgusted looking at the statue, knowing her death could have shifted the games in his favor. She dared not approach it too closely, knowing it would spew on about her. She had things to do, anyways, and her time wouldnt be well spent looking as a statue. She proceeded to the interviews and began her pleas to her fellow plague dragons

Her voice was cold, slightly monotone, and yet full of determination and courage. "My name is Rhodinite, District 3. I came here on behalf of my mate, Pertama, who has died in the arena so close to getting out."

"Ive come here to do one of two things; survive and find closure in what he lost, or die and join him in the netherworld."

(@ShrimpChronos) "Frosthorn seems to be a bit of a brute, though from what Ive heard he has a heart of gold. We have similar motivations regarding family, and Im sure no one better could have been decided as my companion into the Arena."

"No one in particular, though Im sure that will change."

"One in Twenty Four. Four percent. Those are my chances. Call it harsh, but it is simply reality."

"Anything, really. Even something as silly and useless as a bouncy ball can lift spirits and give hope that someone out there cares for us in the arena."

"My winnings will go towards my three hatchlings at home, raising them to the best of my abilities and providing the best life they can have."

"If I dont make it, know I love you three so very deeply. Keep em safe for me, Cheeto, will ya?"

As an applause rang through the interview booth, fake or real she couldn't tell, she exited the stage. She re entered the holding room, and once again her eyes laid on the statue of Calamintha, and she found herself hurriedly looking away and going towards the table of food, hoping to fill her belly before the games began.
Cleaning up the dust...
As she was eating, Bimala couldn't help but overhear some of the other Tributes' interviews. The curtained alcove hadn't really done much in the way of soundproofing, after all. Her eyes widened in surprise when she heard the masked Pearlcatcher mention her in his interview. His name was...Odd, right? Well, he seemed to have an at least neutral opinion of her, so it wouldn't hurt trying to get to know him. Who knows, maybe they could form an alliance! As she saw him walk out from behind the alcove, she quickly walked up to him. "Hey! My name is Bimala, though I guess you already knew that since you mentioned me in your interview. Thank you for your kind words, by the way! I wasn't expecting to be noticed by anyone here. Your name's Odd, right?"
@Havic
As she was eating, Bimala couldn't help but overhear some of the other Tributes' interviews. The curtained alcove hadn't really done much in the way of soundproofing, after all. Her eyes widened in surprise when she heard the masked Pearlcatcher mention her in his interview. His name was...Odd, right? Well, he seemed to have an at least neutral opinion of her, so it wouldn't hurt trying to get to know him. Who knows, maybe they could form an alliance! As she saw him walk out from behind the alcove, she quickly walked up to him. "Hey! My name is Bimala, though I guess you already knew that since you mentioned me in your interview. Thank you for your kind words, by the way! I wasn't expecting to be noticed by anyone here. Your name's Odd, right?"
@Havic
hhhahah.png
Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian

As soon as they reached the table the hazebeacon jumped on and started strutting along it as if he owned it, disrupting plates of food and drinks as he searched for bits of a carcass he could eat. Chloe paid no mind to her companion as she searched for her own food. Nothing really looked that appetizing. Chloe wouldn't admit it but she had developed a taste for fancier and exotic foods from her travels which made this banquet seem quite poor indeed. She settled on some simple meats and began eating when she spotted her fellow district mate come out of the curtain. I do recognize that dragon. I think he was with Nathaniel and I when we tried to bring Zelus back. But what is he doing here of all places? This was going to bother her for the rest of the game so might as well see what he was up to and maybe catch up. She whistled to the hazebeacon as she walked into the crowd in Odd's direction. He responded with a loud half-squawk half-croak and launched himself from the table, talon clutching a stolen bit of fish before coming to perch on her shoulder. Chloe shoved her way through the other tributes until she stood in front of her target. To her surprise she found him talking to a black mirror. She shouldered her massive weapon as she looked the other over with an impassive expression. Hmm, never seen her before, wonder what she wants with Odd? "Pardon the intrusion, I'll wait till you're done." she turns towards Odd, "Then I want to know why the hell you're here."
@Havic @Alurayune oops
I was planning on sending Chloe over but seems like she got beat ^^
Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian

As soon as they reached the table the hazebeacon jumped on and started strutting along it as if he owned it, disrupting plates of food and drinks as he searched for bits of a carcass he could eat. Chloe paid no mind to her companion as she searched for her own food. Nothing really looked that appetizing. Chloe wouldn't admit it but she had developed a taste for fancier and exotic foods from her travels which made this banquet seem quite poor indeed. She settled on some simple meats and began eating when she spotted her fellow district mate come out of the curtain. I do recognize that dragon. I think he was with Nathaniel and I when we tried to bring Zelus back. But what is he doing here of all places? This was going to bother her for the rest of the game so might as well see what he was up to and maybe catch up. She whistled to the hazebeacon as she walked into the crowd in Odd's direction. He responded with a loud half-squawk half-croak and launched himself from the table, talon clutching a stolen bit of fish before coming to perch on her shoulder. Chloe shoved her way through the other tributes until she stood in front of her target. To her surprise she found him talking to a black mirror. She shouldered her massive weapon as she looked the other over with an impassive expression. Hmm, never seen her before, wonder what she wants with Odd? "Pardon the intrusion, I'll wait till you're done." she turns towards Odd, "Then I want to know why the hell you're here."
@Havic @Alurayune oops
I was planning on sending Chloe over but seems like she got beat ^^
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Once he and Rhodinite had finished the interview, fate had it they both went to the table of food. Frosthorn was seemingly gorging himself and the over 24 thousand pounds dragon looked more beast than anything. He turned his head to Rhodinite and those piercing plague eyes of his seemed to have the faintest glow to them as he approached. "If I die and you should win, tell my family of my fight, I will do the same for you." He then gave her the closet thing to a hug or reassurance he could muster, a pat with his tail. "I am not the best with words but, I wish you great luck and glorious combat Rhodinite. For if we shall fall let us die in battle to enter the halls of Valhalla and fight against the Glades death grasp as soldiers in an army of our ancestors, the warriors of Chronos clan give you this blessing Rhodinite, for with it you shall gain the luck of might in battle should you be worthy." With that speech, he lumbered back to his meal, devouring something that seemed on par with the size of his compatriot.

@CinamonPizza
Once he and Rhodinite had finished the interview, fate had it they both went to the table of food. Frosthorn was seemingly gorging himself and the over 24 thousand pounds dragon looked more beast than anything. He turned his head to Rhodinite and those piercing plague eyes of his seemed to have the faintest glow to them as he approached. "If I die and you should win, tell my family of my fight, I will do the same for you." He then gave her the closet thing to a hug or reassurance he could muster, a pat with his tail. "I am not the best with words but, I wish you great luck and glorious combat Rhodinite. For if we shall fall let us die in battle to enter the halls of Valhalla and fight against the Glades death grasp as soldiers in an army of our ancestors, the warriors of Chronos clan give you this blessing Rhodinite, for with it you shall gain the luck of might in battle should you be worthy." With that speech, he lumbered back to his meal, devouring something that seemed on par with the size of his compatriot.

@CinamonPizza
[center][b][u]Odd | District 2 | Nature | Pearlcatcher[/b][/u] ----- [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42064285] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/420643/42064285_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Yes, that would be my name," the pearlcatcher smiles, "It's nice to meet you. You seem to be a bright young dragon, I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't make mention of it." He sits up straight as Chloe draws near, "Chloe! It's been so long. I didn't think I'd see you here." He pauses, seeming to forget the question as to why he's here, "Oh, how rude of me not to make introductions. Bimala, this is Chloe. I've traveled with her, before." ----- @Lednik @Alurayune
Odd | District 2 | Nature | Pearlcatcher

42064285_350.png

"Yes, that would be my name," the pearlcatcher smiles, "It's nice to meet you. You seem to be a bright young dragon, I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't make mention of it."

He sits up straight as Chloe draws near, "Chloe! It's been so long. I didn't think I'd see you here." He pauses, seeming to forget the question as to why he's here, "Oh, how rude of me not to make introductions. Bimala, this is Chloe. I've traveled with her, before."

@Lednik @Alurayune
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 169 170