Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [SFC] Glowstick Gathering ~ Discussion
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41
@AlbinoWerewolf Thank you, I appreciate it :) [quote name="AlbinoWerewolf" date="2018-09-25 17:06:04" ] @/Maithax I think i'm still neutral. I think i'm Anti-Sheeping if everybody is just voting on a whim without thinking about the reasons they are lynching the person for, but if there's a solid reason and evidence that a person has provided, the person is confirmed town and you agree with the points the person has made, I don't think I mind it that much. [/quote] IMO no one is conf town until they're dead and their alignment is revealed by the mods. What would be your criteria for labeling someone as conf town? @ObsidianMage Welcome to forum mafia! The reason I like D1 lynches is because they give us info. We can go back and see who voted for who, and just as importantly, who didn't vote. We can also go back and analyze the dead player's interactions with others once we know their alignment for sure.
@AlbinoWerewolf Thank you, I appreciate it :)
AlbinoWerewolf wrote on 2018-09-25 17:06:04:
@/Maithax I think i'm still neutral. I think i'm Anti-Sheeping if everybody is just voting on a whim without thinking about the reasons they are lynching the person for, but if there's a solid reason and evidence that a person has provided, the person is confirmed town and you agree with the points the person has made, I don't think I mind it that much.

IMO no one is conf town until they're dead and their alignment is revealed by the mods. What would be your criteria for labeling someone as conf town?

@ObsidianMage Welcome to forum mafia! The reason I like D1 lynches is because they give us info. We can go back and see who voted for who, and just as importantly, who didn't vote. We can also go back and analyze the dead player's interactions with others once we know their alignment for sure.
jbCdBsl.png
@AlbinoWerewolf
Ah, okay

@ObsidianMage
That's understandable. Glad that you're here now

Sheeping is when someone copies a vote or simply agrees with another person without giving an explanation. V88 and I explained it more so at the top of the page to Albino. Lurking is when someone is not posting in the game thread, but is still active elsewhere on the site. Essentially, kind of what you were doing, but make it purposeful and no merely forgetting or having the ping get buried
@AlbinoWerewolf
Ah, okay

@ObsidianMage
That's understandable. Glad that you're here now

Sheeping is when someone copies a vote or simply agrees with another person without giving an explanation. V88 and I explained it more so at the top of the page to Albino. Lurking is when someone is not posting in the game thread, but is still active elsewhere on the site. Essentially, kind of what you were doing, but make it purposeful and no merely forgetting or having the ping get buried
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2018-09-25 17:43:28" ] @/AlbinoWerewolf Thank you, I appreciate it :) [quote name="AlbinoWerewolf" date="2018-09-25 17:06:04" ] @/Maithax I think i'm still neutral. I think i'm Anti-Sheeping if everybody is just voting on a whim without thinking about the reasons they are lynching the person for, but if there's a solid reason and evidence that a person has provided, the person is confirmed town and you agree with the points the person has made, I don't think I mind it that much. [/quote] IMO no one is conf town until they're dead and their alignment is revealed by the mods. What would be your criteria for labeling someone as conf town? [/quote] There are some roles that, if you post a specific phrase or meet some requirement, the mod will confirm you as town in the thread. Though, those can sometimes be a lie if it's a b*stard game, which I don't think this game is, so we can probably trust the mods if there is a role like that
@dandelionfires wrote on 2018-09-25 17:43:28:
@/AlbinoWerewolf Thank you, I appreciate it :)
@/Maithax I think i'm still neutral. I think i'm Anti-Sheeping if everybody is just voting on a whim without thinking about the reasons they are lynching the person for, but if there's a solid reason and evidence that a person has provided, the person is confirmed town and you agree with the points the person has made, I don't think I mind it that much.

IMO no one is conf town until they're dead and their alignment is revealed by the mods. What would be your criteria for labeling someone as conf town?

There are some roles that, if you post a specific phrase or meet some requirement, the mod will confirm you as town in the thread. Though, those can sometimes be a lie if it's a b*stard game, which I don't think this game is, so we can probably trust the mods if there is a role like that
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2018-09-25 17:43:28" ] [quote name="AlbinoWerewolf" date="2018-09-25 17:06:04" ] @/Maithax I think i'm still neutral. I think i'm Anti-Sheeping if everybody is just voting on a whim without thinking about the reasons they are lynching the person for, but if there's a solid reason and evidence that a person has provided, the person is confirmed town and you agree with the points the person has made, I don't think I mind it that much. [/quote] IMO no one is conf town until they're dead and their alignment is revealed by the mods. What would be your criteria for labeling someone as conf town? [/quote] Aah this is so much more confusing than Town of Salem
@dandelionfires wrote on 2018-09-25 17:43:28:

Aah this is so much more confusing than Town of Salem
I4TUkY9.png
Slidding back in her for a hot minute. If I can math correctly (tbh I probably can’t) we have about 11 hours till lockdown. So that’s half the day out of the way. There hasn’t been much to go off of yet, but I would love if those for d1 lynches noted who they’d lynch at this exact moment. Obviously it’s not much to go off of. Obviously it’s pretty early in the day. I just want to see what everyone has to say.
Slidding back in her for a hot minute. If I can math correctly (tbh I probably can’t) we have about 11 hours till lockdown. So that’s half the day out of the way. There hasn’t been much to go off of yet, but I would love if those for d1 lynches noted who they’d lynch at this exact moment. Obviously it’s not much to go off of. Obviously it’s pretty early in the day. I just want to see what everyone has to say.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@Maithax I actually forgot that this wasn't a ******* game lol, I've mostly only played ******* games (it isn't, right?)
In any case, my point still stands that no one is conf town unless confirmed by some sort of mod action.

I don't like sheeping in any situation, anyway. At best it's lazy playing on the part of the town, at worst, it's mafia trying to slip under the radar by agreeing with town players.
@Maithax I actually forgot that this wasn't a ******* game lol, I've mostly only played ******* games (it isn't, right?)
In any case, my point still stands that no one is conf town unless confirmed by some sort of mod action.

I don't like sheeping in any situation, anyway. At best it's lazy playing on the part of the town, at worst, it's mafia trying to slip under the radar by agreeing with town players.
jbCdBsl.png
Oops forgot about censors, sorry guys!

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to get the ball rolling if we want a D1 lynch, or at least to have some more interesting discussion. There isn't a lot to go off of at this point but tbh I'm curious what the results of a @Maithax lynch would be. You said in your questionnaire answers that you think D1 lynches are important, but you seemed to not want a D1 lynch on the next page. Have your opinions changed at all now that we have just slightly more to go on?

@Cheshly Who would you lynch at this exact moment?
Oops forgot about censors, sorry guys!

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to get the ball rolling if we want a D1 lynch, or at least to have some more interesting discussion. There isn't a lot to go off of at this point but tbh I'm curious what the results of a @Maithax lynch would be. You said in your questionnaire answers that you think D1 lynches are important, but you seemed to not want a D1 lynch on the next page. Have your opinions changed at all now that we have just slightly more to go on?

@Cheshly Who would you lynch at this exact moment?
jbCdBsl.png
[quote name="@Cheshly" date="2018-09-25 18:04:28" ] Slidding back in her for a hot minute. If I can math correctly (tbh I probably can’t) we have about 11 hours till lockdown. So that’s half the day out of the way. There hasn’t been much to go off of yet, but I would love if those for d1 lynches noted who they’d lynch at this exact moment. Obviously it’s not much to go off of. Obviously it’s pretty early in the day. I just want to see what everyone has to say. [/quote] If you had asked me before Obsidian posted, I would've said them because they were posting in other threads. However, they did say that it got buried under other pings and, this early in the game, I'm willing to cut them some slack. I still would go for some less active since I don't really have any suspicion yet on any of the more active players or any other reason to lynch someone. I wouldn't go for Shimmer or Yellow since they'll be replaced if they don't post before the end of the day, so no point there. But I would lynch someone who has posted only once and I might consider people who have only just met the post requirement. Right now, @threepigeons is the only one who has posted once, so they're a bit high on the list. Selenasilverwolf, Cognitive, and ObsidianMage are the three people who have only posted enough to meet the post requirement at the moment. But Cognitive did explain they were busy and would be posting later and Selena said they were asleep and would be back around lockdown. ~~~ @dandelionfires Then, I was just stating my surprise at remembering how short the days were and how I didn't think we would be able to find someone with how little conversation was happening. I still want to try to find someone to lynch, but six pages truly isn't a lot of information. Above this, I explained who I'm considering right now. I'll probably go through everyone's post once again and try to formulate a sort of reads list or something. I won't mind too much if no lynch happens today (I'm not going to vote for someone just to vote), but I'd still like to try and find someone
@Cheshly wrote on 2018-09-25 18:04:28:

If you had asked me before Obsidian posted, I would've said them because they were posting in other threads. However, they did say that it got buried under other pings and, this early in the game, I'm willing to cut them some slack.

I still would go for some less active since I don't really have any suspicion yet on any of the more active players or any other reason to lynch someone. I wouldn't go for Shimmer or Yellow since they'll be replaced if they don't post before the end of the day, so no point there. But I would lynch someone who has posted only once and I might consider people who have only just met the post requirement.

Right now, @threepigeons is the only one who has posted once, so they're a bit high on the list. Selenasilverwolf, Cognitive, and ObsidianMage are the three people who have only posted enough to meet the post requirement at the moment. But Cognitive did explain they were busy and would be posting later and Selena said they were asleep and would be back around lockdown.

~~~

@dandelionfires
Then, I was just stating my surprise at remembering how short the days were and how I didn't think we would be able to find someone with how little conversation was happening. I still want to try to find someone to lynch, but six pages truly isn't a lot of information. Above this, I explained who I'm considering right now. I'll probably go through everyone's post once again and try to formulate a sort of reads list or something.

I won't mind too much if no lynch happens today (I'm not going to vote for someone just to vote), but I'd still like to try and find someone
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@dandelionfires
Oh, I forgot to ask you, out of curiosity, any reason why you've not answered the questionnaire? If anything, I'd at least like your opinions on day one lynches and lurking (you already gave a statement on sheeping) for the record
@dandelionfires
Oh, I forgot to ask you, out of curiosity, any reason why you've not answered the questionnaire? If anything, I'd at least like your opinions on day one lynches and lurking (you already gave a statement on sheeping) for the record
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@Maithax Just wondering, are you subscribed to the thread? Sorry for asking, I just don't want to keep unnecessarily pinging you if you are.
@Maithax Just wondering, are you subscribed to the thread? Sorry for asking, I just don't want to keep unnecessarily pinging you if you are.
I4TUkY9.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41