Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Cryptid Hunt - Biologists o/Obscure
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/HL8ouuS.png[/img][/center] [columns] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/SG4TXsh.png[/img] [nextcol] [indent] [nextcol] [font=arial][size=4] [right]Based on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2438787/59#post_33567767]this[/url] lore post.[/right] [i]Strange clues this part of the hunt made me wonder whether we were after a new creature, or just chasing our imagination. Footprints - yes, but aside from the strange configuration, could it not be a large deer, or an elk? Broken branches - and what? Perhaps the manticores got aggressive. It was not until we heard the forest song that I felt the pull of the hunt strengthen in me once more. The Shrieking Wilds hold many secrets, some even I have not found yet. I believe an explorer could spend every day of their life among these trees and still would not understand its workings. And I am a visitor at best - a frequent traveler, but still encroaching. When we figured out that the path led to the Behemoth, I felt a calm settle in me. Maybe it was the song. I think a part of my always suspected, though, that the great tree would play some part in this hunt. I have only visited it once before, and briefly. I felt that if I let myself linger, I would never leave. And I knew in my heart that I would someday be back. Now I am - and in the best of circumstances. There is a godaphro here, living in the trunk of the Behemoth, and around her all the other creatures we have been chasing. The magic of this place is such that we can study them closely without worry, so long as we do not disturb them. My team is well-trained; there will be no issue there. This is the dream of any scientist. None of us want to ruin in. When the godaphro greeted us, she spoke in draconic. Is that part of her powers, or will the magic here allow the other creatures to speak as well? Even if they cannot, I am confident they will give us much more material than we had ever hoped for. Certainly enough to publish, and to apply for grants to explore the rest of Sornieth… I get ahead of myself. First, we must study here. Weeks, months, however long these creatures will have us, we will be willing students. And with that, I must get some rest. So much lies ahead of me, and I must be prepared...[/i] [nextcol] [indent] [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/kpYIGQ7.png[/img][/center]
HL8ouuS.png
xx
SG4TXsh.png

Based on this lore post.
Strange clues this part of the hunt made me wonder whether we were after a new creature, or just chasing our imagination. Footprints - yes, but aside from the strange configuration, could it not be a large deer, or an elk? Broken branches - and what? Perhaps the manticores got aggressive. It was not until we heard the forest song that I felt the pull of the hunt strengthen in me once more.

The Shrieking Wilds hold many secrets, some even I have not found yet. I believe an explorer could spend every day of their life among these trees and still would not understand its workings. And I am a visitor at best - a frequent traveler, but still encroaching.

When we figured out that the path led to the Behemoth, I felt a calm settle in me. Maybe it was the song. I think a part of my always suspected, though, that the great tree would play some part in this hunt. I have only visited it once before, and briefly. I felt that if I let myself linger, I would never leave. And I knew in my heart that I would someday be back.

Now I am - and in the best of circumstances. There is a godaphro here, living in the trunk of the Behemoth, and around her all the other creatures we have been chasing. The magic of this place is such that we can study them closely without worry, so long as we do not disturb them. My team is well-trained; there will be no issue there. This is the dream of any scientist. None of us want to ruin in.

When the godaphro greeted us, she spoke in draconic. Is that part of her powers, or will the magic here allow the other creatures to speak as well? Even if they cannot, I am confident they will give us much more material than we had ever hoped for. Certainly enough to publish, and to apply for grants to explore the rest of Sornieth…
I get ahead of myself. First, we must study here. Weeks, months, however long these creatures will have us, we will be willing students. And with that, I must get some rest. So much lies ahead of me, and I must be prepared...

kpYIGQ7.png
YsUBlZc.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20