Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ-18] Mistral Meals: CLOSED
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8889387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88894/8889387_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Daemonengrau Syrah appreciates skewers of all kinds. Not only does she find them enjoyable to eat, but when judging smaller meals they give her a point she can grab between her clawtips without crushing anything. "Perfectly seasoned and still tender and juicy!" she says happily, "The tzatziki could have been mixed a bit better...it's not blended and a bit clumpy, but really I could just eat the souvlaki and calamaris plain all day." @Cheshly "I like this!" the Imperial exclaimed happily as she helped herself to another bite of Hecate's dish (mostly to prove she was finaly starting to get back into the grove of how to not destroy small contestant's entries), "The turkey dinner seems pretty overpowering though, especialy with the jelly amplifying it. Adding some more seafood to balance out the meatier flavors I think could have done the trick." @Sidegrinder [i]"Hooooowwwww???"[/i] Syrah all but cried in dismay as she somehow manages to knock Hannibal's soup of the counters. "Those were more than large enough for me!" @dividedAnimus ((Oh my goodness that doodle is adorable! XD)) "I think I get why you cooked the tentacles," Syrah said, having taken the easy route and just popped the whole seperate judging severing into her mouth (it was a brilliant idea...whyd idn't more contestants do it?), and was now admiring the actual dish from all sides and marveling in it's creativity, "But you should have cooked them for a bit less. They're [i]way[/i] too chewy, which kinda makes it a pain to eat even with how good the rest tastes." @IngeniousSpark She hadn't allowed to get her hopes up, but Syrah was delighted to see that more than a few dragons seemed to be sticking with the theme instead of just the ingredients this round (though most of them seemed to be doing so with varing levels of trepidation and/or disgust). "Adding the tomato juice to the jelly was a brilliant idea! The eggs...not so much. I know they show up a lot in aspic but I think you may have soft rather than hard boiled them which makes those bites not so great with the soft yolk added to the texture." She popped a calamari ring into her mouth, "And while these are delicious, they don't really sync with the rest of the dish."

@Daemonengrau

Syrah appreciates skewers of all kinds. Not only does she find them enjoyable to eat, but when judging smaller meals they give her a point she can grab between her clawtips without crushing anything.

"Perfectly seasoned and still tender and juicy!" she says happily, "The tzatziki could have been mixed a bit better...it's not blended and a bit clumpy, but really I could just eat the souvlaki and calamaris plain all day."

@Cheshly

"I like this!" the Imperial exclaimed happily as she helped herself to another bite of Hecate's dish (mostly to prove she was finaly starting to get back into the grove of how to not destroy small contestant's entries), "The turkey dinner seems pretty overpowering though, especialy with the jelly amplifying it. Adding some more seafood to balance out the meatier flavors I think could have done the trick."

@Sidegrinder

"Hooooowwwww???" Syrah all but cried in dismay as she somehow manages to knock Hannibal's soup of the counters. "Those were more than large enough for me!"

@dividedAnimus

((Oh my goodness that doodle is adorable! XD))

"I think I get why you cooked the tentacles," Syrah said, having taken the easy route and just popped the whole seperate judging severing into her mouth (it was a brilliant idea...whyd idn't more contestants do it?), and was now admiring the actual dish from all sides and marveling in it's creativity, "But you should have cooked them for a bit less. They're way too chewy, which kinda makes it a pain to eat even with how good the rest tastes."

@IngeniousSpark

She hadn't allowed to get her hopes up, but Syrah was delighted to see that more than a few dragons seemed to be sticking with the theme instead of just the ingredients this round (though most of them seemed to be doing so with varing levels of trepidation and/or disgust).

"Adding the tomato juice to the jelly was a brilliant idea! The eggs...not so much. I know they show up a lot in aspic but I think you may have soft rather than hard boiled them which makes those bites not so great with the soft yolk added to the texture." She popped a calamari ring into her mouth, "And while these are delicious, they don't really sync with the rest of the dish."

tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8889387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88894/8889387_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @JinxMoonstone ((*LOUDLY RINGS A BELL* We have our first crit success of the competition on the last day of the event!!)) "I [i]love[/i] this!" Syrah is rapidly trying every little tidbit on the platter and every combination she can think of for putting them in her mouth. It's all she can do not to just grab the whole thing and take it with her on the rest of her judging rounds. "Just how did you manage the multitasking to pull this sort of high detail and perfection off?!" @cmf25 It was a good day. The judge may not have been all but slobering over Roko's dish like she had done for the previous one, but she was clearly still enjoying it. "Now this is the way to better incorporate fried calamari to a seemingly unrelated dish," she remarked, "But I don't think I like the choice of mallard. It's pretty gamey compared to the other two types of poultry you used...it could have been swapped out for a different third choice." @Toranne High on good food and a streak of no accidents, Syrah's not paying too much attention as she goes in for a rather tempting looking colache-but-not-really-because-of-the-meat. She ends up with one impaled on a nail that she's able to taste and everything else flattned. "It's...good?" She says hesitantly, unsure if she's able to judge the entry proper when only one part she was able to salvage only has one of the required ingredients in it. @dustclouds "Mmm...perfectly cooked rice," Syrah says happily, "I've never really gotten the knack down for it. Something always ends up burning so I ask Verismo to make me some if I need it. Thankfully that's not too often since I deal more with fermenting rice instead." "The rest of the dish is great too though. I think it's a bit on the soupy side; too much broth maybe? But really that's not the worst problem a paella could have." @Tomata Exploding dishes or ambushed by puppies. Really, Mistral Meals had seen all sorts of accidents happen so Syrah couldn't help but get in on the gossip a bit before proceeding with actualy judging Nami's entry. "You know what would make this [i]the best sandwich ever?[/i]" She asked the nocturne conspiratorily, "Roasted bugs! Would give it a nice extra crunch factor."

@JinxMoonstone

((*LOUDLY RINGS A BELL* We have our first crit success of the competition on the last day of the event!!))

"I love this!" Syrah is rapidly trying every little tidbit on the platter and every combination she can think of for putting them in her mouth. It's all she can do not to just grab the whole thing and take it with her on the rest of her judging rounds. "Just how did you manage the multitasking to pull this sort of high detail and perfection off?!"

@cmf25

It was a good day. The judge may not have been all but slobering over Roko's dish like she had done for the previous one, but she was clearly still enjoying it.

"Now this is the way to better incorporate fried calamari to a seemingly unrelated dish," she remarked, "But I don't think I like the choice of mallard. It's pretty gamey compared to the other two types of poultry you used...it could have been swapped out for a different third choice."

@Toranne

High on good food and a streak of no accidents, Syrah's not paying too much attention as she goes in for a rather tempting looking colache-but-not-really-because-of-the-meat.

She ends up with one impaled on a nail that she's able to taste and everything else flattned. "It's...good?" She says hesitantly, unsure if she's able to judge the entry proper when only one part she was able to salvage only has one of the required ingredients in it.

@dustclouds

"Mmm...perfectly cooked rice," Syrah says happily, "I've never really gotten the knack down for it. Something always ends up burning so I ask Verismo to make me some if I need it. Thankfully that's not too often since I deal more with fermenting rice instead."

"The rest of the dish is great too though. I think it's a bit on the soupy side; too much broth maybe? But really that's not the worst problem a paella could have."

@Tomata

Exploding dishes or ambushed by puppies. Really, Mistral Meals had seen all sorts of accidents happen so Syrah couldn't help but get in on the gossip a bit before proceeding with actualy judging Nami's entry.

"You know what would make this the best sandwich ever?" She asked the nocturne conspiratorily, "Roasted bugs! Would give it a nice extra crunch factor."
(Slightly late but @Eialyne would love a ping regardless of whether I win something or not!)
(Slightly late but @Eialyne would love a ping regardless of whether I win something or not!)
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
[right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39307028] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/393071/39307028.png[/img] [/url][/right] Elliot sneaks into the tent alone. He looks aroud wistfully, sighs, and closes his eyes to recall the two days he's been here. Cadie's nowhere to be seen; she's at home, probably yelling at a bunch of other dragons right now, or at least that was what she did as El left. He didn't really understand what was going on – he heard her yelling the words [i]tricked [/i]and [i]how dare you[/i] very often, though. Somehow, he doubts that he'll get her to participate in the contest next year. Another heavy sigh, and he bumps into the workbench. "Ouch!", he growls, opening his eyes. But with opened eyes, he gets even more sentimental. He looks around. "Hah… I wish there was at least something to cook tod-" He stops as he sees the ingredients. Then, a Wildclaw runs through the whole tent, squealing in excitement. "Rats! Meat! A beak!" He rubs his front claws together. "What would Cadie do… what would… oh yeah!" He grabs a clawful of ingredients and hurries back to the bench. There, he skins the [b]Rat Tangle[/b] and cuts the rats, the [b]1st Anniversary Meat Cake[/b], and the [b]Serrated Beak[/b] into pieces. Then he gets an onion, a spare slice of blacktongue pepper, and a bellpepper out of his satchel which he [i]shreds [/i]more than cutting. He tosses the vegetables into a pan and prepares a fast bread dough while they fry. Elliot doesn't realize the veggies are ready until he gets hit on the tail by some hot drops of oil. "Ow, ow, ow", he yelps, swinging his tail around and pouring water into the pan. That results in some hot oil in his face, too. But then again, he's a dragon so it doesn't do much more than sting. Sting like [i]the Shade[/i], though. Growling, the Wildclaw adds the meat pieces, caraway seeds, salt and some tiny pieces of garlic, cut hastily. He puts a lid on the pan and lowers the heat before getting back to the bread, which wanders into the oven. Elliot sighs, laying down on the ground. "This is harder than I tought", he mutters under his breath. "Cadie did more of the whole than I thought…" Half an hour later, he finally manages to pull himself back together. Sighing in both nostalgia and anger, he puts some pickled gabbage into the mixture and adds a little curry powder from his satchel. "As Cadie would say… this has to burn [i]twice[/i]." He giggles. "But not that much, maybe." The lid goes back onto the pan. Another half hour later, Elliot mixes some sour cream with flour and adds it to the mixture inside the pan, wich he takes off the heat. He stirs it poperly before taking the bread out of the oven. Being a dragon, he isn't really bothered by the heat of it and cuts it right away, then dishes it up on a plate along with some of the meat mixture. The Wildclaw carries his creation over to the host and bows carefully. "Hello", he stammers. "Um, this is just… a little swansong. Mixed-meat szegedin goulash. I, um, hope you like it. Thanks for everything." And with another bow and a nostalgic sigh, he leaves for the last time this year. [size=2](Either me or El, one of us didn't get this was being meant as a challenge to the other judges, I guess? But then again, he would have done something like this anyway. Thank you (maybe I wrote that already...))[/size]

Elliot sneaks into the tent alone. He looks aroud wistfully, sighs, and closes his eyes to recall the two days he's been here. Cadie's nowhere to be seen; she's at home, probably yelling at a bunch of other dragons right now, or at least that was what she did as El left. He didn't really understand what was going on – he heard her yelling the words tricked and how dare you very often, though. Somehow, he doubts that he'll get her to participate in the contest next year.
Another heavy sigh, and he bumps into the workbench. "Ouch!", he growls, opening his eyes. But with opened eyes, he gets even more sentimental. He looks around. "Hah… I wish there was at least something to cook tod-" He stops as he sees the ingredients.
Then, a Wildclaw runs through the whole tent, squealing in excitement.
"Rats! Meat! A beak!" He rubs his front claws together. "What would Cadie do… what would… oh yeah!" He grabs a clawful of ingredients and hurries back to the bench. There, he skins the Rat Tangle and cuts the rats, the 1st Anniversary Meat Cake, and the Serrated Beak into pieces. Then he gets an onion, a spare slice of blacktongue pepper, and a bellpepper out of his satchel which he shreds more than cutting. He tosses the vegetables into a pan and prepares a fast bread dough while they fry.
Elliot doesn't realize the veggies are ready until he gets hit on the tail by some hot drops of oil. "Ow, ow, ow", he yelps, swinging his tail around and pouring water into the pan. That results in some hot oil in his face, too. But then again, he's a dragon so it doesn't do much more than sting. Sting like the Shade, though.
Growling, the Wildclaw adds the meat pieces, caraway seeds, salt and some tiny pieces of garlic, cut hastily. He puts a lid on the pan and lowers the heat before getting back to the bread, which wanders into the oven. Elliot sighs, laying down on the ground. "This is harder than I tought", he mutters under his breath. "Cadie did more of the whole than I thought…"
Half an hour later, he finally manages to pull himself back together. Sighing in both nostalgia and anger, he puts some pickled gabbage into the mixture and adds a little curry powder from his satchel. "As Cadie would say… this has to burn twice." He giggles. "But not that much, maybe." The lid goes back onto the pan.
Another half hour later, Elliot mixes some sour cream with flour and adds it to the mixture inside the pan, wich he takes off the heat. He stirs it poperly before taking the bread out of the oven. Being a dragon, he isn't really bothered by the heat of it and cuts it right away, then dishes it up on a plate along with some of the meat mixture.
The Wildclaw carries his creation over to the host and bows carefully. "Hello", he stammers. "Um, this is just… a little swansong. Mixed-meat szegedin goulash. I, um, hope you like it. Thanks for everything."
And with another bow and a nostalgic sigh, he leaves for the last time this year.

(Either me or El, one of us didn't get this was being meant as a challenge to the other judges, I guess? But then again, he would have done something like this anyway. Thank you (maybe I wrote that already...))
frcomm48.png
((And that's it! We're done! \(^w^)/ Had I realized I only had two entries left I would have done those with the last post before breaking for lunch ^^;; )) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8889387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88894/8889387_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Lonefox "Hmm...another dish where the tentacles are treated as an uncorporated side," Syrah noted as she chewed, but then took another bite. And another. And another. "But ugh...I'm finding it really hard to fault you for that when everything tastes [i]so incredibly good![/i]" Not party platter good (she kept swinging by Chess' station to swipe another tidbit when she had the chance) but still pretty high up there. @ArtemisAgrotera "Consider me surprised that I think you were the only ones to stuff the turkey with the other two ingredients," Syrah says in astonishment after being presented with the duo's dish. "It seems like such an obvious choice in hindsight." That wasn't the only praise she had for the meal either. "Perfectly cooked...perfectly seasoned...my only complaint is that the stuffing is a big soggy. Some bugs or roots in the mix could have really helped give the texture a perk up!"
((And that's it! We're done! \(^w^)/ Had I realized I only had two entries left I would have done those with the last post before breaking for lunch ^^;; ))

@Lonefox

"Hmm...another dish where the tentacles are treated as an uncorporated side," Syrah noted as she chewed, but then took another bite. And another. And another. "But ugh...I'm finding it really hard to fault you for that when everything tastes so incredibly good!" Not party platter good (she kept swinging by Chess' station to swipe another tidbit when she had the chance) but still pretty high up there.

@ArtemisAgrotera

"Consider me surprised that I think you were the only ones to stuff the turkey with the other two ingredients," Syrah says in astonishment after being presented with the duo's dish. "It seems like such an obvious choice in hindsight."

That wasn't the only praise she had for the meal either.

"Perfectly cooked...perfectly seasoned...my only complaint is that the stuffing is a big soggy. Some bugs or roots in the mix could have really helped give the texture a perk up!"
@SilverQuark @Shougoney @Lonefox

And with the end of the judging and all tickets logged, it's time for the raffle! For those of you familiar with how these things tend to work on FR, it's business as usual. For those who haven't participated in many raffles on the site or are new, here's a brief breakdown.

I'm about to use a RNG to pull 13 numbers from all the entries we had this year and list them here. No one can win more than once, so if I pull someone's name more than once I will simply pull a new number until a new non-winner user is selected.

Once winners are announced, they will have 24 hours (plus a little extra; due to the timing I likely won't be home tomorrow exactly 24 hours from the time of posting) to post a list of their prize preferences that corresponds to their number on the list. For example winner 1 will choose one prize, winner 2 will choose their top two favorites, winner 3 will choose 3 and so on and so forth.

Even if you are winner 13 I am going to request that you still list prizes out in the case of a non-response, in which case you would not automaticaly get the last item remaining (however I will do my best to keep the front page updated with which prizes have been claimed, so you may be able to do a shorter list instead).

In the case of a non-response, if a winner does not post their prize preferences in 24 hours, their name will go back into the pool and I will draw a new one. That person will then have 24 hours to post their preferences out of the remaining prizes and the cycle will continue until all 13 prizes have been handed out.

If you have any questions about the system or if my explanation doesn't make sense (I know it can be tricky for some people until they get used to it), please shoot me a ping so I can answer them quickly and not eat up too much of your available 24 hours!

Alright...so with all the official chatter out of the way, onto business!!

WINNERS!
  1. @IngeniousSpark
  2. @JinxMoonstone
  3. @ArcticFire
  4. @argylion
  5. @Sidegrinder
  6. @Cheshly
  7. @SilverQuark
  8. @browncoatparadox
  9. @Tomata
  10. @ArtemisAgrotera
  11. @BirdyMe
  12. @Toranne
  13. @Skyfire7

Congrats to you all and thank you to everyone for participating in Mistral Meals this year! I hope you all had as much of a blast as I did with all the bad luck chaos that seemed to happen in addition to the mouth-watering successes! (And the mouth-watering failures...there were so many dishes I felt truly terrible about destroying ^^;; )

Edited: Clarifying something in the raffle instructions
@SilverQuark @Shougoney @Lonefox

And with the end of the judging and all tickets logged, it's time for the raffle! For those of you familiar with how these things tend to work on FR, it's business as usual. For those who haven't participated in many raffles on the site or are new, here's a brief breakdown.

I'm about to use a RNG to pull 13 numbers from all the entries we had this year and list them here. No one can win more than once, so if I pull someone's name more than once I will simply pull a new number until a new non-winner user is selected.

Once winners are announced, they will have 24 hours (plus a little extra; due to the timing I likely won't be home tomorrow exactly 24 hours from the time of posting) to post a list of their prize preferences that corresponds to their number on the list. For example winner 1 will choose one prize, winner 2 will choose their top two favorites, winner 3 will choose 3 and so on and so forth.

Even if you are winner 13 I am going to request that you still list prizes out in the case of a non-response, in which case you would not automaticaly get the last item remaining (however I will do my best to keep the front page updated with which prizes have been claimed, so you may be able to do a shorter list instead).

In the case of a non-response, if a winner does not post their prize preferences in 24 hours, their name will go back into the pool and I will draw a new one. That person will then have 24 hours to post their preferences out of the remaining prizes and the cycle will continue until all 13 prizes have been handed out.

If you have any questions about the system or if my explanation doesn't make sense (I know it can be tricky for some people until they get used to it), please shoot me a ping so I can answer them quickly and not eat up too much of your available 24 hours!

Alright...so with all the official chatter out of the way, onto business!!

WINNERS!
  1. @IngeniousSpark
  2. @JinxMoonstone
  3. @ArcticFire
  4. @argylion
  5. @Sidegrinder
  6. @Cheshly
  7. @SilverQuark
  8. @browncoatparadox
  9. @Tomata
  10. @ArtemisAgrotera
  11. @BirdyMe
  12. @Toranne
  13. @Skyfire7

Congrats to you all and thank you to everyone for participating in Mistral Meals this year! I hope you all had as much of a blast as I did with all the bad luck chaos that seemed to happen in addition to the mouth-watering successes! (And the mouth-watering failures...there were so many dishes I felt truly terrible about destroying ^^;; )

Edited: Clarifying something in the raffle instructions
Congrats to the winners, it was fun reading those roleplays and recipes!
Congrats to the winners, it was fun reading those roleplays and recipes!
qR6otwA.png
@Eialyne Thanks to you for all the good fun! That was a challenging event for someone like me who is anything but good in the kitchen.

So let's see if I get this right; I'm supposed to list 7 prizes because I'm number 7 on the list, correct? If that's the case, here we go, from highest priority (for me) to lowest priority. I'm calling them by the names I see in the quote boxes:

1. Melon Madness
2. Jam
3. Jelly
4. Fruit Ninja
5. Birdbrain
6. Baldwin, Stop
7. Souvenirs from the Plateau
@Eialyne Thanks to you for all the good fun! That was a challenging event for someone like me who is anything but good in the kitchen.

So let's see if I get this right; I'm supposed to list 7 prizes because I'm number 7 on the list, correct? If that's the case, here we go, from highest priority (for me) to lowest priority. I'm calling them by the names I see in the quote boxes:

1. Melon Madness
2. Jam
3. Jelly
4. Fruit Ninja
5. Birdbrain
6. Baldwin, Stop
7. Souvenirs from the Plateau
@Eialyne Thank you, It was fun. Here is my list.

1 Jam
2 Jelly
3 Baldwin
4 Kitchen Accidents
5 Bird Brain
6 Herb Cabinet
7 From the Plateau
8 Melon Madness
9 Cookbook Library
10 Fruit Ninja
11 Noodle Bowl
@Eialyne Thank you, It was fun. Here is my list.

1 Jam
2 Jelly
3 Baldwin
4 Kitchen Accidents
5 Bird Brain
6 Herb Cabinet
7 From the Plateau
8 Melon Madness
9 Cookbook Library
10 Fruit Ninja
11 Noodle Bowl
BVUXJUX.png
@Eialyne Another year and I'm still wowed by how many responses you go through and so quickly! Thanks again for all the fun~ I hope you had a great MistJam!

1. Melon Madness
2. Fruit Ninja
3. Birdbrain
4. Jelly
5. Jam
6. Kitchen Accidents
7. Baldwin, Stop
8. Cookbook Library
9. All You Can Eat
@Eialyne Another year and I'm still wowed by how many responses you go through and so quickly! Thanks again for all the fun~ I hope you had a great MistJam!

1. Melon Madness
2. Fruit Ninja
3. Birdbrain
4. Jelly
5. Jam
6. Kitchen Accidents
7. Baldwin, Stop
8. Cookbook Library
9. All You Can Eat
BQ25g6I.gifOfhhK4D.gif
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22