Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ-18] Clouded Images
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
[center]I forgot to mention, I’m subscribed to this thread, so don’t worry about pinging me :D [size=5][b]Yesterday’s answer was Hamantashen![/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6Jiul3T.jpg[/img] [LIST] [*]Hamantashen have a bunch of different spelling options, and using any of them counted as a correct answer. [*]Hamantashen are served during the Jewish festival of Purim. Purim is a festival related to the Book of Esther, which you can learn more about [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim]here[/url] and [url=https://www.chabad.org/holidays/purim/article_cdo/aid/645309/jewish/What-Is-Purim.htm]here[/url] [*]The most common theory about the shape is that it resembles Haman’s hat. That’s the story I was told by my Jewish grandmother, and it wasn’t until I started doing research for the game that I found out it’s under debate. [*]The annual [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latke%E2%80%93Hamantash_Debate]Latke–Hamantash Debate[/url] has been going since 1946; the debate this year will be it’s Seventy Second. [*]Poppy seeds are traditional, but they come with all kinds of filling now. The most common ones have some sort of fruit jam in them, but you can find even fancier ones now. They’re hard to find when it’s not around Purim, but there are some great recipes online if anyone is interested… [/LIST] Sunday’s Daily Prize pack has been won by @Dil!. Your items are on their way to you! [quote=Lanterns][item=Bamboo Breeze Cape][item=Beads and Bamboo][item=Accent: Windblown Bonsai][/quote] [/center]
I forgot to mention, I’m subscribed to this thread, so don’t worry about pinging me :D

Yesterday’s answer was Hamantashen!

6Jiul3T.jpg

• Hamantashen have a bunch of different spelling options, and using any of them counted as a correct answer.
  • Hamantashen are served during the Jewish festival of Purim. Purim is a festival related to the Book of Esther, which you can learn more about here and here
  • The most common theory about the shape is that it resembles Haman’s hat. That’s the story I was told by my Jewish grandmother, and it wasn’t until I started doing research for the game that I found out it’s under debate.
  • The annual Latke–Hamantash Debate has been going since 1946; the debate this year will be it’s Seventy Second.
  • Poppy seeds are traditional, but they come with all kinds of filling now. The most common ones have some sort of fruit jam in them, but you can find even fancier ones now. They’re hard to find when it’s not around Purim, but there are some great recipes online if anyone is interested…

Sunday’s Daily Prize pack has been won by @Dil!. Your items are on their way to you!
Lanterns wrote:
Bamboo Breeze Cape Beads and Bamboo Accent: Windblown Bonsai
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
[center]Reentering the tent on the second day you can barely make out the silhouette of Orville standing in the back, grumbling to himself as he throws items in a giant box. You’re trying to figure out how to get to him with all this junk in your way when a small head pops out from behind a stack of books. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34400538] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344006/34400538_350.png[/img] [/url] “Oh, hi there!” the young snapper says as he bounds over to you. “Orville is making prize packs right now, but I can help you!” He leads you to a large table at the front of the tent. There’s a large plate of cookies next to a large blurry photo. The snapper bounds up onto the table and slides the plate over to you. “My mom made these after everybody figured out the photo. They’re really good!” He taps the photo, leaning in to take a close look before shaking his head. “Orville wanted to find some super duper fancy stuff that people make into jam. He made notes but I dunno what this is. Wanna take a look? ------------- [img]https://i.imgur.com/b7S9BO0.jpg[/img] [LIST] [*]This gets added to a lot of dishes you might not expect to find jam on [*]You’ll have to head north if you want to find this fruit [*]There are many, many common names for this (I’ll accept any of them as answers) [*]This is not its more popular/well know cousin. [*]These plants are very hardy, and keep their leaves all year long [/LIST] Submit your guess using [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MoEl6xjAXzXwyh1Z_M3YchBpqPABiMHSVkI6vSRVPNA][b]this form[/b][/url] ----- Pingity list; the post above this has yesterday's answer/prize :D [size=1]@timetot @Renoki @Sidegrinder @YYEstarry @Syceris @Disillusionist @PinkyPearl @Lela125 @Cheshly @Stormdragon @beautifulglitter @VioletWhirlwind @IronPen @Solanceae @objecthead @ryttu3k @Remorse @AthenaCorvus @EclipseMirror @Haretz @L1BR4 @EudoxiaLopukhina @Katsuokai @Oleaster @Dragonartist24 @Eliss @blossombranch @LadySiren @EndlessDragon @Lavaaquamarine @HuskyLove @alyne @sockmonkeygerald @Astrophile @rapunzels @Mirna @WanderingTurtle @XilusWeb @iMoony @tigressRising @Twistedfox @LightningShatter @Coyoteclaw11 @ColorBlindBrat @BlazeWolf @Darthiel @DuskyChangeling @Katelle @RobotNix @Lonefox @Dandydots @Alskasaur[/size]
Reentering the tent on the second day you can barely make out the silhouette of Orville standing in the back, grumbling to himself as he throws items in a giant box. You’re trying to figure out how to get to him with all this junk in your way when a small head pops out from behind a stack of books.

34400538_350.png

“Oh, hi there!” the young snapper says as he bounds over to you. “Orville is making prize packs right now, but I can help you!” He leads you to a large table at the front of the tent. There’s a large plate of cookies next to a large blurry photo. The snapper bounds up onto the table and slides the plate over to you. “My mom made these after everybody figured out the photo. They’re really good!”

He taps the photo, leaning in to take a close look before shaking his head. “Orville wanted to find some super duper fancy stuff that people make into jam. He made notes but I dunno what this is. Wanna take a look?

b7S9BO0.jpg

• This gets added to a lot of dishes you might not expect to find jam on
  • You’ll have to head north if you want to find this fruit
  • There are many, many common names for this (I’ll accept any of them as answers)
  • This is not its more popular/well know cousin.
  • These plants are very hardy, and keep their leaves all year long

Submit your guess using this form

Pingity list; the post above this has yesterday's answer/prize :D

@timetot @Renoki @Sidegrinder @YYEstarry @Syceris @Disillusionist
@PinkyPearl @Lela125 @Cheshly @Stormdragon @beautifulglitter @VioletWhirlwind @IronPen @Solanceae @objecthead @ryttu3k @Remorse @AthenaCorvus @EclipseMirror @Haretz @L1BR4 @EudoxiaLopukhina @Katsuokai @Oleaster @Dragonartist24 @Eliss @blossombranch @LadySiren @EndlessDragon @Lavaaquamarine @HuskyLove @alyne @sockmonkeygerald @Astrophile @rapunzels @Mirna @WanderingTurtle @XilusWeb @iMoony @tigressRising @Twistedfox @LightningShatter @Coyoteclaw11 @ColorBlindBrat @BlazeWolf @Darthiel @DuskyChangeling @Katelle @RobotNix @Lonefox @Dandydots @Alskasaur
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
may I be added to the pinglist too please?
may I be added to the pinglist too please?
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
HlHYPvy.gif utena_pixel_resize.gif uHvmdVJ.gif
Maybe I'm just overlooking it, but where's the link to submit today's answer? ^^"
Maybe I'm just overlooking it, but where's the link to submit today's answer? ^^"
ZVpCPil.png
@AthenaCorvus It's still over on the front page! Or here for convenience! :3
@AthenaCorvus It's still over on the front page! Or here for convenience! :3
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
may i get added to the pinglist too? this seems like fun!
may i get added to the pinglist too? this seems like fun!
Dragon Sales!..............FR Tumblr!
tumblr_inline_pawhtrOQpb1rue9g6_100.gif
@Selah pinglist please
@Selah pinglist please
Zombrigit's Long Drop Challenge threadtumblr_p5vy7fPjXZ1rsdeuvo1_400.png
@Alskasaur
Thank you! I got confused for a moment there.
@Alskasaur
Thank you! I got confused for a moment there.
ZVpCPil.png
can I be added to the daily pinglist? thanks!
can I be added to the daily pinglist? thanks!
Can you add me to the pinglist? thanks
Can you add me to the pinglist? thanks
TvGyETb.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18