Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [SF]TotM||Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 106 107
[quote name="Dawnbreeze" date=2017-09-24 07:45:46] Day 1 lunches! Anyone want some food? [/quote] [i]I M H U N G R Y[/i]
Dawnbreeze wrote on 2017-09-24:
Day 1 lunches! Anyone want some food?

I M H U N G R Y
jghAv2V.png
What is your stance on a day 1 lynch? Are there any circumstances where lynches should/shouldn't be used?

Lynch. Always lynch on D1. That's the IMH motto, "WHEN IN DOUBT, LYNCH!" As long as it isn't me.

What do you feel about inactive lynches?

I'd replace them so bleh.
What is your stance on a day 1 lynch? Are there any circumstances where lynches should/shouldn't be used?

Lynch. Always lynch on D1. That's the IMH motto, "WHEN IN DOUBT, LYNCH!" As long as it isn't me.

I'd replace them so bleh.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. As much as I hate giving the mafia a free day, randomly lynching someone without any reason other than "we should lynch someone" is a good one to accidentally kill a townie. And the mafia can easily turn other people against you if you do lynch a townie.

Plus it's probably a bad idea to start lynching now when only 10 out of 19 players have introduced themselves.
Eh...mixed feelings on this tbh. I don't have any hard feelings against inactive lynches because, well, it's not like the target was contributing anything useful anyways. On the other hand, in the last mafia game I was in, I led two lynches against inactive players...and ended up lynching two innocents. Whoops. :x

So yeah, inactive lynches are fine by me, but I might let more experienced layers make the judgement calls on these since presumably they have more intuition about these sorts of things.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. As much as I hate giving the mafia a free day, randomly lynching someone without any reason other than "we should lynch someone" is a good one to accidentally kill a townie. And the mafia can easily turn other people against you if you do lynch a townie.

Plus it's probably a bad idea to start lynching now when only 10 out of 19 players have introduced themselves.
Eh...mixed feelings on this tbh. I don't have any hard feelings against inactive lynches because, well, it's not like the target was contributing anything useful anyways. On the other hand, in the last mafia game I was in, I led two lynches against inactive players...and ended up lynching two innocents. Whoops. :x

So yeah, inactive lynches are fine by me, but I might let more experienced layers make the judgement calls on these since presumably they have more intuition about these sorts of things.
Na5WGHa.png
What is your stance on a day 1 lynch? Are there any circumstances where lynches should/shouldn't be used? As I stated, have a bit of sentiment against it because it's hard for me to get a grasp of anyone clear enough to lynch with reasoning on day1. HOWEVER, agree that day 1 lynches are useful (you get a shot at eliminating a mafia / more experienced players can get info / interesting to see the reactions etc) so I won't oppose one.
What do you feel about inactive lynches? again, mixed feelings. I don't consider inactives to be inherently scum, so I'd rather not if there are more suspicious targets.

tl;dr
Day 1 lynch: ok!
Inactive lynches: let mods handle them before putting them at the stake
What is your stance on a day 1 lynch? Are there any circumstances where lynches should/shouldn't be used? As I stated, have a bit of sentiment against it because it's hard for me to get a grasp of anyone clear enough to lynch with reasoning on day1. HOWEVER, agree that day 1 lynches are useful (you get a shot at eliminating a mafia / more experienced players can get info / interesting to see the reactions etc) so I won't oppose one.
What do you feel about inactive lynches? again, mixed feelings. I don't consider inactives to be inherently scum, so I'd rather not if there are more suspicious targets.

tl;dr
Day 1 lynch: ok!
Inactive lynches: let mods handle them before putting them at the stake
fSyuKaw.png -Crystal
-she/her
-FR+9
-secretly three sloths in a trenchcoat
Hi there guys! My name is Cheshly. I have to go to work pretty soon but I'll be back on around 4 FR time. I'm all caught up up to here, and will make another post when I catch up on what I miss while at work.

I support it. I don't like letting the mafia have a free lynch day.

i feel like mafia members are usually some of the most active ones. Maybe that's just in my past experience. Inactive people are more likely to be neutral or town in my past experience.
Hi there guys! My name is Cheshly. I have to go to work pretty soon but I'll be back on around 4 FR time. I'm all caught up up to here, and will make another post when I catch up on what I miss while at work.

I support it. I don't like letting the mafia have a free lynch day.

i feel like mafia members are usually some of the most active ones. Maybe that's just in my past experience. Inactive people are more likely to be neutral or town in my past experience.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Well I'd lynch when someone is being very scummy. D1 lynches are fine... as long as we don't randomly bandwagon someone and we have some kind of 'proof'.
Umm.. no. Unless they are acting scummy. It is easy to kill people who just lost their internet connection here. If an inactive isn't replaced or modkilled for some reason for a few days, well I'd be very interested in seeing the flip if we successfully lynch.

I am only for lynching scummy people. Random lynches often end up killing non-scum players which does us no good.

And in Tangle's shocked reply to the neutral-win game over post, she said neutral win as in a singular band of neutrals all trying to achieve one wincon
(Too lazy to quote her, just search for that post yourselves, page 5 or 6, I guess?)
So we now have 3 bands of people :
Townies: lynch mafias
Neutrals: whatever their wincon may be
Mafia: kill everyone else

This is getting complicated.
Well I'd lynch when someone is being very scummy. D1 lynches are fine... as long as we don't randomly bandwagon someone and we have some kind of 'proof'.
Umm.. no. Unless they are acting scummy. It is easy to kill people who just lost their internet connection here. If an inactive isn't replaced or modkilled for some reason for a few days, well I'd be very interested in seeing the flip if we successfully lynch.

I am only for lynching scummy people. Random lynches often end up killing non-scum players which does us no good.

And in Tangle's shocked reply to the neutral-win game over post, she said neutral win as in a singular band of neutrals all trying to achieve one wincon
(Too lazy to quote her, just search for that post yourselves, page 5 or 6, I guess?)
So we now have 3 bands of people :
Townies: lynch mafias
Neutrals: whatever their wincon may be
Mafia: kill everyone else

This is getting complicated.
122cdhe.png
Well it seems im getting late to the party...
Hello, im Hinumi, i go by her/she pronums (tho they/them is fine) and im at FR+4
As stated on my sign-up post im really new at mafia games so expect me to be ¿? at most times...however, im hopeful that it will be fun and i will learn so i can jump in more mafia games in the future!

im divided. I dont think its wise to go lynching without no reasoning on day1. However i understand lyching can lead to information we wont previously have without it. So, i think its like throwing a coin in to the air and hope it for the best
I would wait a few days before lynching in case is a IRL problem. Or let the mods handle it (being replaced by a sub or modkilled)

I do have a question i would like to ask...should just post it here for everyone to answer or send it to the mods? (i think only actions are pm but just wanna make sure ^^U)
Well it seems im getting late to the party...
Hello, im Hinumi, i go by her/she pronums (tho they/them is fine) and im at FR+4
As stated on my sign-up post im really new at mafia games so expect me to be ¿? at most times...however, im hopeful that it will be fun and i will learn so i can jump in more mafia games in the future!

im divided. I dont think its wise to go lynching without no reasoning on day1. However i understand lyching can lead to information we wont previously have without it. So, i think its like throwing a coin in to the air and hope it for the best
I would wait a few days before lynching in case is a IRL problem. Or let the mods handle it (being replaced by a sub or modkilled)

I do have a question i would like to ask...should just post it here for everyone to answer or send it to the mods? (i think only actions are pm but just wanna make sure ^^U)
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
Hi everybody! I'm FliptheFrog, or Flip. She/Her pronouns, please. Timezone is FR+2 but I post mostly early in the morning and late at night. I'm excited to start the game, even though I might not be able to post as much as some of you due to work, but I'm going to do my best to be an active player! As for the questionnaire:

Let me preface this by saying I don't know the conventions of forums mafia, so apologies if advocating one way or the other is inherently bad. I lean towards not lynching on Day One, because there's just too small of a chance to actually randomly pick a Mafia player, just because there's so few of them. I will obviously support whatever the group chooses, though, and I'm not sure how the existence of a neutral faction effects the probability of picking someone who wants to hurt the town.

If we don't have subs, that's a fine way to pick someone to lynch if we don't have other options. If we do have subs, let them come in and actually play!

Also, completely unrelated: Heronwing, you're into archery? I actually spent a summer teaching archery at summer camp, lol! It was great fun, I've been meaning to get back into it, but there's not really facilities around here.
Hi everybody! I'm FliptheFrog, or Flip. She/Her pronouns, please. Timezone is FR+2 but I post mostly early in the morning and late at night. I'm excited to start the game, even though I might not be able to post as much as some of you due to work, but I'm going to do my best to be an active player! As for the questionnaire:

Let me preface this by saying I don't know the conventions of forums mafia, so apologies if advocating one way or the other is inherently bad. I lean towards not lynching on Day One, because there's just too small of a chance to actually randomly pick a Mafia player, just because there's so few of them. I will obviously support whatever the group chooses, though, and I'm not sure how the existence of a neutral faction effects the probability of picking someone who wants to hurt the town.

If we don't have subs, that's a fine way to pick someone to lynch if we don't have other options. If we do have subs, let them come in and actually play!

Also, completely unrelated: Heronwing, you're into archery? I actually spent a summer teaching archery at summer camp, lol! It was great fun, I've been meaning to get back into it, but there's not really facilities around here.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
So... It seems like the majority of people who've posted either favor a D1 lynch or have mixed feelings about it. If we were to lynch someone today, how should we go about it? Do we all pick a person and give our reasons for it? Or do we wait for someone to do something "scummy" and then lynch them?
So... It seems like the majority of people who've posted either favor a D1 lynch or have mixed feelings about it. If we were to lynch someone today, how should we go about it? Do we all pick a person and give our reasons for it? Or do we wait for someone to do something "scummy" and then lynch them?
Na5WGHa.png
[quote name="Reiark" date=2017-09-24 07:34:12] Sorry, it's been a while since I first read the info section ^^;; I'd strongly advise against lynching a mod. Last time that happened, there was a literal bloodbath, with 5 players dying in one night. [/quote] Oh my god I remember that, that was chaos and hilarity. XD ------ Hello all, I'm Heather/NekoNikki! You can call me basically whatever you want so long as I know you're talking to me, though if you're not using my real name Nicole is preferred. Pronouns are she/her, they/them are also fine. Timezone is FR+3. I'm currently working on homework and taking a very small break before I go finish my final assignment, so I won't be active until later, but I did want to make sure people knew I was alive. [b]What is your stance on a day 1 lynch? Are there any circumstances where lynches should/shouldn't be used?[/b] I do not like them, my old community I played with had a lot tighter scum to town ratios (9:5:1 and 10:4:1 were most common) and an early and misguided mislynch might've cost us the game since we always had a serial killer/werewolf as our neutral alliance. (Like seriously, a mislynch D1 could bring us to 6:5:1 and that's basically town is screwed D2.) That being said, I also know flightrising mafia is very different and I've come to accept that D1 lynches are an important part of the game in this meta, both for getting reads on people and for eliminating players as early scum, and since it's at a lot less of a threat of screwing the ratio here, I'm a lot more willing to partake in one. The only situation we shouldn't lynch in is a MyLo. If we don't know who the scum are, then voting wrong in mylo can cost us the game, where if we don't lynch, then we can buy ourselves an extra day and one less suspect. [b]What do you feel about inactive lynches?[/b] If there's nobody else to vote, vote the inactive. (To explain my definition of inactive, I mostly mean people who post once or twice just to keep activity minimum, not people who don't post at all, let the mod handle that) They're dead weight and better somebody useless than an actively investigating town read imo. Besides, never know when an inactive is actually lurking and not just super inactive.
Reiark wrote on 2017-09-24:
Sorry, it's been a while since I first read the info section ^^;;

I'd strongly advise against lynching a mod. Last time that happened, there was a literal bloodbath, with 5 players dying in one night.

Oh my god I remember that, that was chaos and hilarity. XD

Hello all, I'm Heather/NekoNikki! You can call me basically whatever you want so long as I know you're talking to me, though if you're not using my real name Nicole is preferred. Pronouns are she/her, they/them are also fine. Timezone is FR+3. I'm currently working on homework and taking a very small break before I go finish my final assignment, so I won't be active until later, but I did want to make sure people knew I was alive.

I do not like them, my old community I played with had a lot tighter scum to town ratios (9:5:1 and 10:4:1 were most common) and an early and misguided mislynch might've cost us the game since we always had a serial killer/werewolf as our neutral alliance. (Like seriously, a mislynch D1 could bring us to 6:5:1 and that's basically town is screwed D2.)

That being said, I also know flightrising mafia is very different and I've come to accept that D1 lynches are an important part of the game in this meta, both for getting reads on people and for eliminating players as early scum, and since it's at a lot less of a threat of screwing the ratio here, I'm a lot more willing to partake in one.

The only situation we shouldn't lynch in is a MyLo. If we don't know who the scum are, then voting wrong in mylo can cost us the game, where if we don't lynch, then we can buy ourselves an extra day and one less suspect.

If there's nobody else to vote, vote the inactive. (To explain my definition of inactive, I mostly mean people who post once or twice just to keep activity minimum, not people who don't post at all, let the mod handle that) They're dead weight and better somebody useless than an actively investigating town read imo. Besides, never know when an inactive is actually lurking and not just super inactive.
alWiqh6.png
Heather|Any Pronoun|FRT+3 (EST)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 106 107