Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | 7`s Breeding Challenges: Legacy of War
1 2
TODAY'S THE DAY THREE BABIES ENTER! ONE LEAVES AND THE WINNER IS: [center][size=5]OSSIE[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33217876] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332179/33217876_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] She was the one I wanted to win because she has two genes! @Sempervictor @Himawari @Dylluminati
TODAY'S THE DAY

THREE BABIES ENTER! ONE LEAVES

AND THE WINNER IS:
OSSIE

33217876_350.png

She was the one I wanted to win because she has two genes!

@Sempervictor @Himawari @Dylluminati
J64tse8.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
Pinglist please?
Pinglist please?
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
So I'm back! And Ossie's babies have grown up! We have two contenders for the coliseum [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33965322] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/339654/33965322_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33965323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/339654/33965323_350.png[/img] [/url] Since they're all grown up, there's no need to make another post. Our winner is.... [center][size=5]Plum![/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33965323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/339654/33965323_350.png[/img] [/url] He has gotten himself a mate! They'll be nesting tomorrow as I accidentally nested Ossie and Keir, not realizing they had children. Please meet, Hermetic! Hoping to end up with three genes and a non basic breed we'll see how it goes :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34993986] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349940/34993986_350.png[/img] [/url] @Dragonfruiteen @himawari
So I'm back! And Ossie's babies have grown up! We have two contenders for the coliseum

33965322_350.png

33965323_350.png

Since they're all grown up, there's no need to make another post. Our winner is....
Plum!

33965323_350.png

He has gotten himself a mate! They'll be nesting tomorrow as I accidentally nested Ossie and Keir, not realizing they had children. Please meet, Hermetic! Hoping to end up with three genes and a non basic breed we'll see how it goes :D

34993986_350.png

@Dragonfruiteen @himawari
Gen 2

By the time Anjali’s children were born, the pair had made themselves a snug lair. It wasn’t the biggest, nor the most well built but Mayday and Anjali were determined that this would be the staging point for their legacy. It was here the new parents welcomed the future into the world.

Three girls were born, as small as their mother. The first was Foxglove, her body deep red and her wings yellow-green. A skittish child, who preferred to stay indoors. Next was Ossie, patterned like her mother and the colour of bleached bone. She was full of energy, lively and domineering. Last was Eranthis, with speckled golden wings. Everything she tried her hand at, she excelled.

As soon as the girls were old enough to fly on their own, Mayday began to oversee their training. Each day brought rigorous tests. Trials and hardship. Each night they were taught their parent’s history and that of dragon kind who had shunned them. In the morning they recited this history back, until each one knew it by heart.

“This,” said Mayday, “is how we will keep our history. It will never be written. Should our family line die we deserve to be forgotten. One of you will carry us forward to eternity. That is your only duty.”

Each girl grew into a fierce warrior, with a sharp mind. Each was determined that she would be the one to carry the family’s legacy forward to the next generation. When the day finally came, they were not prepared. Their father and mother took them deep into the woods to a clearing. Then their father stepped forwards, “To return home you must kill me, and your mother. If you fail we will start again.”

Anjali hovered next to her mate’s shoulder and nodded. “There is no room for the weak in this world.”

Foxglove was the first to fall. She tried to flee, but Anjali struck her down with magic. The momentary distraction allowed the other two to take advantage of their mother. Eranthis fired a blast of magic, knocking Anjali off balance, and seeing her chance Ossie dove in, driving her mother down into the sucking mud.

Unable to free her wings, Anjali was left to slowly suffocate in the mud. This left only Mayday, but he was much larger than his daughters. Even if they worked together, victory was uncertain. Still, the girls did not falter. Again Eranthis took the lead, her confidence in her abilities blinding her to her own weaknesses. Ossie was not so foolish. She swooped low as if to finish their mother, only to tuck her wings in and sail underneath her father, whose jaws already ran red with the blood of his youngest daughter.

Banking hard as soon as she was in her fathers shadow, Ossie tore her claws into his underbelly, dragging them back until she reached the soft unarmored flesh near his back legs. She dug in then, tearing her way into her father. Mayday thrashed about, trying to dislodge her, but once she was in his bowels there was nothing he could do as she shredded him from the inside.

When she emerged, scales glistening in the twilight she was the only one left. But she did not feel sorrow, all was as it should be.

In the days that followed, she fortified the lair for her absence and then taking wing, she went to find herself a mate.

It was in the realm of the Gladeskeeper she found him. A spiral named Keir, who’s scales echoed her own, white and black. He was fierce and bold, but dissatisfied. His clan did not appreciate him, they mocked his energy, his desire for greatness. Ossie did none of that.

Instead she challenged him, and when she won, he agreed to return with her. She told him of her family, of their short history and of her hopes for the future. At first, Keir was not in agreement with her plans, but as the days past and the couple prepared, he realized this was his chance to leave a legacy. Something he could be proud of. Keir knew, without a doubt, his children and his children’s children, would take the world by storm.

Doing some catch up on the story component. We're on Gen 4 now. I'll put the hatchlings up, once I get Gen 3's story written. We're moving right along!

Gen 2

By the time Anjali’s children were born, the pair had made themselves a snug lair. It wasn’t the biggest, nor the most well built but Mayday and Anjali were determined that this would be the staging point for their legacy. It was here the new parents welcomed the future into the world.

Three girls were born, as small as their mother. The first was Foxglove, her body deep red and her wings yellow-green. A skittish child, who preferred to stay indoors. Next was Ossie, patterned like her mother and the colour of bleached bone. She was full of energy, lively and domineering. Last was Eranthis, with speckled golden wings. Everything she tried her hand at, she excelled.

As soon as the girls were old enough to fly on their own, Mayday began to oversee their training. Each day brought rigorous tests. Trials and hardship. Each night they were taught their parent’s history and that of dragon kind who had shunned them. In the morning they recited this history back, until each one knew it by heart.

“This,” said Mayday, “is how we will keep our history. It will never be written. Should our family line die we deserve to be forgotten. One of you will carry us forward to eternity. That is your only duty.”

Each girl grew into a fierce warrior, with a sharp mind. Each was determined that she would be the one to carry the family’s legacy forward to the next generation. When the day finally came, they were not prepared. Their father and mother took them deep into the woods to a clearing. Then their father stepped forwards, “To return home you must kill me, and your mother. If you fail we will start again.”

Anjali hovered next to her mate’s shoulder and nodded. “There is no room for the weak in this world.”

Foxglove was the first to fall. She tried to flee, but Anjali struck her down with magic. The momentary distraction allowed the other two to take advantage of their mother. Eranthis fired a blast of magic, knocking Anjali off balance, and seeing her chance Ossie dove in, driving her mother down into the sucking mud.

Unable to free her wings, Anjali was left to slowly suffocate in the mud. This left only Mayday, but he was much larger than his daughters. Even if they worked together, victory was uncertain. Still, the girls did not falter. Again Eranthis took the lead, her confidence in her abilities blinding her to her own weaknesses. Ossie was not so foolish. She swooped low as if to finish their mother, only to tuck her wings in and sail underneath her father, whose jaws already ran red with the blood of his youngest daughter.

Banking hard as soon as she was in her fathers shadow, Ossie tore her claws into his underbelly, dragging them back until she reached the soft unarmored flesh near his back legs. She dug in then, tearing her way into her father. Mayday thrashed about, trying to dislodge her, but once she was in his bowels there was nothing he could do as she shredded him from the inside.

When she emerged, scales glistening in the twilight she was the only one left. But she did not feel sorrow, all was as it should be.

In the days that followed, she fortified the lair for her absence and then taking wing, she went to find herself a mate.

It was in the realm of the Gladeskeeper she found him. A spiral named Keir, who’s scales echoed her own, white and black. He was fierce and bold, but dissatisfied. His clan did not appreciate him, they mocked his energy, his desire for greatness. Ossie did none of that.

Instead she challenged him, and when she won, he agreed to return with her. She told him of her family, of their short history and of her hopes for the future. At first, Keir was not in agreement with her plans, but as the days past and the couple prepared, he realized this was his chance to leave a legacy. Something he could be proud of. Keir knew, without a doubt, his children and his children’s children, would take the world by storm.

Doing some catch up on the story component. We're on Gen 4 now. I'll put the hatchlings up, once I get Gen 3's story written. We're moving right along!

Gen 3

Ossie only laid two eggs, but she was not disappointed. She understood that less children meant that there would be more time to spend training them. They would become better than her and her sisters. She had two boys, their scales the same colour as their mother, with a red stripe running their bodies the same as their father. The only difference between them was their wings. One had wings of faded blue, and he was named Glace. The other had wings of a deep purple. His name was Plum.

The two boys did everything together, as their parents raised them and expanded the lair. It was still small, but the rough edges were smoothed out by Ossie’s small hands. New additions were built by Keir to house food and equipment.

With a safe space to train, the boys were introduced to combat far earlier than Ossie had been. They trained and battled in basic forms, and studied words of magic. They too were told the story of their linage, and what it would entail. Glace was determined that he would be the one who would usher in the next generation, but Plum was less enthused. He did not want his brother to die, and he did not want to have to kill his parents.

As their desires for the future grew apart, so did the brothers, and the love Plum once felt for Glace turned to bitterness. The night before they were to challenge their parents, Plum snuck in the dead of night and broke his brothers wings. He had meant it as both an act of mercy and as a way to crush his brother’s hopes. With his wings broken, Glace surely couldn’t be expected to fight.

And he wasn’t.

The next morning, Ossie dispatched her wounded son without so much as a moment’s hesitation. She tore his throat out with her claws and turned to Plum.

“There is only one of you.” She said. “We will fight after breakfast.”

Plum knew he couldn’t take on both his parents in a fight. Not head to head. So he nodded and told his mother, “This may be my last day in the world, let me fetch breakfast. Then we will see what my fate has in store for me.”

He slipped from the lair, and went hunting. He knew the insects his parents favored and collected plenty. Then he found small berries that grew in the bogs, and he plucked them, crushing each and smearing a bit underneath the wing sheaths of his parents breakfast.

Once his claws were cleaned thoroughly, he collected his own food. Lesser insects, his parents wouldn’t want to claim, and brought them back. It was not a complex plan but it was effective. Halfway to the battlegrounds, his mother dropped from the sky.

His father, turned on him instantly, guessing what had happened. “This is not the way things are done!”

Plum sneered, “Like it matters.”

It was easy to defeat his father. Weakened by the poison, and unprepared for a full on assault, it was almost too easy to dispatch him. Despite himself, Plum felt a little thrill of victory. He had succeeded. He would carry on the next generation. He promised himself he would do things differently, but that was a promise he could not keep.

The world outside was cruel to Plum. He was small, and his upbringing had not prepared him to deal with clan politics. He was taken advantage of, and exploited, but he had a sharp mind and he learned. He adorned himself with pretty things, and downplayed his expertise in battle. His tongue, already practiced in lying, became irresistible.

This is how he found his mate. Hermetic, a pearlcatcher, dark and iridescent. Weighed down by glittering stone growths, some considered her ugly. Plum did not. He considered her useful.

It was easy to convince her to elope with him. He told her nothing of his plans for their children, or of his family’s history. Of course, sooner or later she would find out. When she did she had no words, she left, and tried to take her precious eggs with her.

“You can go, and leave the eggs,” said Plum, “Or I shall kill you and smash them all. I will start again if you deny me this.”

Hermetic knew she could not defeat her mate in a fight, so with a heavy heart she left her children behind. Hoping that perhaps, they would not be twisted into an image of their father.

Plum: Next in a long line of Terrible Dragons!

Posting the hatchies next and then we're done until they age up!

Gen 3

Ossie only laid two eggs, but she was not disappointed. She understood that less children meant that there would be more time to spend training them. They would become better than her and her sisters. She had two boys, their scales the same colour as their mother, with a red stripe running their bodies the same as their father. The only difference between them was their wings. One had wings of faded blue, and he was named Glace. The other had wings of a deep purple. His name was Plum.

The two boys did everything together, as their parents raised them and expanded the lair. It was still small, but the rough edges were smoothed out by Ossie’s small hands. New additions were built by Keir to house food and equipment.

With a safe space to train, the boys were introduced to combat far earlier than Ossie had been. They trained and battled in basic forms, and studied words of magic. They too were told the story of their linage, and what it would entail. Glace was determined that he would be the one who would usher in the next generation, but Plum was less enthused. He did not want his brother to die, and he did not want to have to kill his parents.

As their desires for the future grew apart, so did the brothers, and the love Plum once felt for Glace turned to bitterness. The night before they were to challenge their parents, Plum snuck in the dead of night and broke his brothers wings. He had meant it as both an act of mercy and as a way to crush his brother’s hopes. With his wings broken, Glace surely couldn’t be expected to fight.

And he wasn’t.

The next morning, Ossie dispatched her wounded son without so much as a moment’s hesitation. She tore his throat out with her claws and turned to Plum.

“There is only one of you.” She said. “We will fight after breakfast.”

Plum knew he couldn’t take on both his parents in a fight. Not head to head. So he nodded and told his mother, “This may be my last day in the world, let me fetch breakfast. Then we will see what my fate has in store for me.”

He slipped from the lair, and went hunting. He knew the insects his parents favored and collected plenty. Then he found small berries that grew in the bogs, and he plucked them, crushing each and smearing a bit underneath the wing sheaths of his parents breakfast.

Once his claws were cleaned thoroughly, he collected his own food. Lesser insects, his parents wouldn’t want to claim, and brought them back. It was not a complex plan but it was effective. Halfway to the battlegrounds, his mother dropped from the sky.

His father, turned on him instantly, guessing what had happened. “This is not the way things are done!”

Plum sneered, “Like it matters.”

It was easy to defeat his father. Weakened by the poison, and unprepared for a full on assault, it was almost too easy to dispatch him. Despite himself, Plum felt a little thrill of victory. He had succeeded. He would carry on the next generation. He promised himself he would do things differently, but that was a promise he could not keep.

The world outside was cruel to Plum. He was small, and his upbringing had not prepared him to deal with clan politics. He was taken advantage of, and exploited, but he had a sharp mind and he learned. He adorned himself with pretty things, and downplayed his expertise in battle. His tongue, already practiced in lying, became irresistible.

This is how he found his mate. Hermetic, a pearlcatcher, dark and iridescent. Weighed down by glittering stone growths, some considered her ugly. Plum did not. He considered her useful.

It was easy to convince her to elope with him. He told her nothing of his plans for their children, or of his family’s history. Of course, sooner or later she would find out. When she did she had no words, she left, and tried to take her precious eggs with her.

“You can go, and leave the eggs,” said Plum, “Or I shall kill you and smash them all. I will start again if you deny me this.”

Hermetic knew she could not defeat her mate in a fight, so with a heavy heart she left her children behind. Hoping that perhaps, they would not be twisted into an image of their father.

Plum: Next in a long line of Terrible Dragons!

Posting the hatchies next and then we're done until they age up!

Behold! Babets! First up is Flint [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50865574] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/508656/50865574_350.png[/img] [/url] Then we have Potash, who is triple gened [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50865576] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/508656/50865576_350.png[/img] [/url] Theeeeeeen we have Nith [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50865575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/508656/50865575_350.png[/img] [/url] Two pearlcatchers in this bunch. That's good odds for the breed of dragon at least. But only one is triple gened so here's hoping we'll be able to move forward with Potash. @Dragonfruiteen @himawari
Behold! Babets!

First up is Flint

50865574_350.png

Then we have Potash, who is triple gened

50865576_350.png

Theeeeeeen we have Nith

50865575_350.png

Two pearlcatchers in this bunch. That's good odds for the breed of dragon at least. But only one is triple gened so here's hoping we'll be able to move forward with Potash.

Our winner is....... [center][b][size=5]POTASH![/size][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50865576] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/508656/50865576_350.png[/img] [/url] He got himself a lovely mate. Please meet, Tempest! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50015847] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500159/50015847_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Dragonfruiteen @himawari
Our winner is.......

POTASH!

50865576_350.png

He got himself a lovely mate. Please meet, Tempest!

50015847_350.png

We have hatchlings! Please say hello to Generation 5! That puts us half way through the challenge and we're finally seeing hatchlings I wouldn't mind keeping! First up is gloom [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51700086] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517001/51700086_350.png[/img] [/url] Got his father's genes except the tert, which goes nice with his eyes. He also has a sister, Violet: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51700087] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517001/51700087_350.png[/img] [/url] I really like it her actually and if we were in the last gen, I'd be wanting to keep her! @Dragonfruiteen @himawari
We have hatchlings! Please say hello to Generation 5! That puts us half way through the challenge and we're finally seeing hatchlings I wouldn't mind keeping!

First up is gloom

51700086_350.png

Got his father's genes except the tert, which goes nice with his eyes. He also has a sister, Violet:

51700087_350.png

I really like it her actually and if we were in the last gen, I'd be wanting to keep her!

1 2