Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | A Legacy of War Breeding Challenge!
@Drakenhart Unfortunately, I can't say I've ever personally done a nest swap while on Flight Rising, so I wouldn't know which groups are active versus inactive. :c I do know that nest rentals are still relatively common, though! This thread seems pretty active in that regard. ^^ I hope this helps!
@Drakenhart Unfortunately, I can't say I've ever personally done a nest swap while on Flight Rising, so I wouldn't know which groups are active versus inactive. :c I do know that nest rentals are still relatively common, though! This thread seems pretty active in that regard. ^^ I hope this helps!
finally after waiting for what seemed weeks Grettir and Eliana got their first nest filled with disappointment, the whole clan looked with sad eyes tothe results two male hatchlings of different breeds a Bogsneak and a Guardian but none suitable for being the heir, everyone left the saddened couple with the hatchlings. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33736870] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337369/33736870_350.png[/img] [/url] the first born Darius a Bogsneak of the best colors but still a basic is the strongest hatchling and the favourite of the clan [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33736871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337369/33736871_350.png[/img] [/url] in the other hand Korax received even more disapproval from the clan who hate his bright unnmatching colors and his evident weakness but they both will fight for the post. i just really hope Darius wins see you in a while!
finally after waiting for what seemed weeks Grettir and Eliana got their first nest filled with disappointment, the whole clan looked with sad eyes tothe results two male hatchlings of different breeds a Bogsneak and a Guardian but none suitable for being the heir, everyone left the saddened couple with the hatchlings.

33736870_350.png

the first born Darius a Bogsneak of the best colors but still a basic is the strongest hatchling and the favourite of the clan

33736871_350.png

in the other hand Korax received even more disapproval from the clan who hate his bright unnmatching colors and his evident weakness but they both will fight for the post.

i just really hope Darius wins see you in a while!
NHCgbB.jpg
@Dreamnorn This is so awesome! I'm totally going to start this in a few days when I have some wiggle room in my lair. It will also be a great way to help me spice up my main lore storyline. Can I be added to your pinglist, please?
@Dreamnorn This is so awesome! I'm totally going to start this in a few days when I have some wiggle room in my lair. It will also be a great way to help me spice up my main lore storyline. Can I be added to your pinglist, please?
UDk0duQ.png
@Dreamnorn @Moorehen The RNG has blessed me ;v; [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332828/33282731_350.png[/img] [i]As her eggs hatched, Clarice clawed at the ground in anticipation. One of these three children would be the next to uphold her legacy, to rule her growing clan. They would need to be strong enough to defend themself and lovely enough to captivate their followers. She hoped for a Spiral; though Guardians are stronger, Spirals are lovelier and better at breeding up to rarer races. As the first egg hatched, Kaan, her Spiral consort, settled gently on her head. "They'll be lovely, my lady," he assured her. With a flash of light, the first egg split open to reveal...[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22429&tab=dragon&did=33746944][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337470/33746944_350.png[/img][/url] [i]The Spiral uncurled gracefully out of the remains of his egg and met Clarice's gaze with his own brilliant golden eyes. Despite the eye-burning brightness of his colors and pattern, he was a very calm hatchling, and there was certainty in the way he moved as he slowly began exploring the nest. "He's lovely," Kaan murmured. "So bright! So striking! And so well-behaved." Clarice didn't respond; only snorted softly, in a tone that could have either been disappointment or approval. Kaan couldn't tell, and he was smart enough to not ask. Instead he focused on the second egg as a crack grew along its side. With a flash of light, the eggshell shattered, and out came...[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=22429&did=33746945][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337470/33746945_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Clarice heard the small growl of her newest child before her vision had cleared from the flash of light. As she blinked away the spots in her vision, she was met with the unflinching gaze another Spiral. Tiny and muted, but so lively! As she watched, the hatchling seemed to size her up, consider taking her on, and think better of it. Seeing her smaller brother, she turned on him and immediately began scuffling with him. Clarice realized, as the male took his beating with silent snaps of his little jaws, that he was a mute. "She's stronger than him. And louder," she commented. Kaan shook his head. "She's not nearly as pretty, though. She doesn't look like a leader." "Maybe," was the only response Clarice gave. She placed a claw gently on the final egg as a network of cracks spread across its surface, then lifted it as out of the egg emerged...[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=22429&did=33746946][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337470/33746946_350.png[/img][/url] [i]"She's big," Kaan murmured with a quiet huff of surprise. Easily twice as big as her Spiral siblings, and with a much sturdier frame, the young Guardian slid out of her egg looking for all the world a giant. Clarice grinned at her consort. "She's a Guardian," she replied simply. Her brain told her that one of the Spiral children would be a better heir, but her heart grew instantly attached to this hatchling. As she watched, the Guardian trotted right up to her and immediately began gnawing on one of her claws. "My, my, so bold!" she said, chuckling admiringly at her newest daughter. The hatchling looked up at her with clear adoration in her eyes, then turned to examine her siblings. She squeaked loudly when she saw them fighting, then darted off to place herself physically in between them. The Spiral female looked like she wanted to contest this sudden forced peace, but as the Guardian stared her down unblinkingly, she thought better of it and slipped off to go sulk in the corner of the nest. Clarice watched and waited. Their time would come. Soon, they would have to forget each other and throw themselves into battle, ensuring their own survival before that of each other. She growled in anticipation, knowing that one of these distinctive three would pass on her legacy of battle and blood, knowing that she could not interfere to save her weak son, her proud Spiral daughter, or her gentle-hearted Guardian. One must reign supreme. One must survive and continue her legacy of war.[/i] (HOO BOY GUYS...I MADE MYSELF SAD. I mean, I really want that first baby to win - he got the breed upgrade [i]and[/i] Piebald...but now that I've given the siblings personalities, I'm gonna be sad no matter who wins. 5 days is a long time, but at least I can start to prepare myself emotionally. Let's do this.)
@Dreamnorn @Moorehen The RNG has blessed me ;v;

33282731_350.png

As her eggs hatched, Clarice clawed at the ground in anticipation. One of these three children would be the next to uphold her legacy, to rule her growing clan. They would need to be strong enough to defend themself and lovely enough to captivate their followers. She hoped for a Spiral; though Guardians are stronger, Spirals are lovelier and better at breeding up to rarer races.

As the first egg hatched, Kaan, her Spiral consort, settled gently on her head. "They'll be lovely, my lady," he assured her. With a flash of light, the first egg split open to reveal...

33746944_350.png

The Spiral uncurled gracefully out of the remains of his egg and met Clarice's gaze with his own brilliant golden eyes. Despite the eye-burning brightness of his colors and pattern, he was a very calm hatchling, and there was certainty in the way he moved as he slowly began exploring the nest.

"He's lovely," Kaan murmured. "So bright! So striking! And so well-behaved."

Clarice didn't respond; only snorted softly, in a tone that could have either been disappointment or approval. Kaan couldn't tell, and he was smart enough to not ask. Instead he focused on the second egg as a crack grew along its side. With a flash of light, the eggshell shattered, and out came...

33746945_350.png

Clarice heard the small growl of her newest child before her vision had cleared from the flash of light. As she blinked away the spots in her vision, she was met with the unflinching gaze another Spiral. Tiny and muted, but so lively! As she watched, the hatchling seemed to size her up, consider taking her on, and think better of it. Seeing her smaller brother, she turned on him and immediately began scuffling with him. Clarice realized, as the male took his beating with silent snaps of his little jaws, that he was a mute.

"She's stronger than him. And louder," she commented. Kaan shook his head.

"She's not nearly as pretty, though. She doesn't look like a leader."

"Maybe," was the only response Clarice gave. She placed a claw gently on the final egg as a network of cracks spread across its surface, then lifted it as out of the egg emerged...

33746946_350.png

"She's big," Kaan murmured with a quiet huff of surprise.

Easily twice as big as her Spiral siblings, and with a much sturdier frame, the young Guardian slid out of her egg looking for all the world a giant. Clarice grinned at her consort.

"She's a Guardian," she replied simply. Her brain told her that one of the Spiral children would be a better heir, but her heart grew instantly attached to this hatchling. As she watched, the Guardian trotted right up to her and immediately began gnawing on one of her claws.

"My, my, so bold!" she said, chuckling admiringly at her newest daughter. The hatchling looked up at her with clear adoration in her eyes, then turned to examine her siblings. She squeaked loudly when she saw them fighting, then darted off to place herself physically in between them. The Spiral female looked like she wanted to contest this sudden forced peace, but as the Guardian stared her down unblinkingly, she thought better of it and slipped off to go sulk in the corner of the nest.

Clarice watched and waited. Their time would come. Soon, they would have to forget each other and throw themselves into battle, ensuring their own survival before that of each other. She growled in anticipation, knowing that one of these distinctive three would pass on her legacy of battle and blood, knowing that she could not interfere to save her weak son, her proud Spiral daughter, or her gentle-hearted Guardian. One must reign supreme. One must survive and continue her legacy of war.

(HOO BOY GUYS...I MADE MYSELF SAD. I mean, I really want that first baby to win - he got the breed upgrade and Piebald...but now that I've given the siblings personalities, I'm gonna be sad no matter who wins. 5 days is a long time, but at least I can start to prepare myself emotionally. Let's do this.)
tumblr_osypjonciM1u9ymyzo1_100.png ....................................................................................... tumblr_osyre6Wpes1u9ymyzo7_r1_100.png
@FallowFreckles

!!!!! You got two breed changes!!!!
@FallowFreckles

!!!!! You got two breed changes!!!!
MeRaRba.png
ACOZFAh.png
hyhym.png
qjWV0vY.png
262.gif
@FallowFreckles

And a beautiful storyx going on there =D I actually got some goosebumps reading this, great job =D
@FallowFreckles

And a beautiful storyx going on there =D I actually got some goosebumps reading this, great job =D
The Hatchery Masterlist
@Moorehen BLESS I KNOW!!! Let's hope one of them survives ;v;

@Yanisha Thank you!!! I really want to give my challenge some emotion and meaning and I also apparently wanted to be sad about any of my hatchlings potentially dying in a few days
@Moorehen BLESS I KNOW!!! Let's hope one of them survives ;v;

@Yanisha Thank you!!! I really want to give my challenge some emotion and meaning and I also apparently wanted to be sad about any of my hatchlings potentially dying in a few days
tumblr_osypjonciM1u9ymyzo1_100.png ....................................................................................... tumblr_osyre6Wpes1u9ymyzo7_r1_100.png
Finally, Taekwoon is able to breed! I only have 4 available places in my lair at the moment, but I'll probably try to clean up my lair a little (for lack of treasure otl) My founder, Ailana, and her tentative get-up (bc let's be real i can't outfit to save my life); [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32398955] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/323990/32398955_350.png[/img] [/url] and her mate; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32922462] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329225/32922462_350.png[/img] [/url] I really have no idea where I'm heading with colours. I honestly am expecting uglies despite some satisfying hatchling predictions. And just as I type this there's only one egg. Come at me, hideous little baby. 8-) Also, inspired by @/FallowFreckles' armor heirloom, each generation of Ailana and Taekwoon's children will wear a Teardrop Chroma Bracelet to match with her, just because I have two of 'em. Hurray??
Finally, Taekwoon is able to breed! I only have 4 available places in my lair at the moment, but I'll probably try to clean up my lair a little (for lack of treasure otl)

My founder, Ailana, and her tentative get-up (bc let's be real i can't outfit to save my life);

32398955_350.png

and her mate;

32922462_350.png

I really have no idea where I'm heading with colours. I honestly am expecting uglies despite some satisfying hatchling predictions. And just as I type this there's only one egg. Come at me, hideous little baby. 8-)

Also, inspired by @/FallowFreckles' armor heirloom, each generation of Ailana and Taekwoon's children will wear a Teardrop Chroma Bracelet to match with her, just because I have two of 'em. Hurray??
d4737898ab2108b146a0318458877fbef46fc745.jpg 399a13922ec7c21849bcf3585c895b44997003ca.jpg 55733d4e0899cc2aed83e819bbe9754ace444bf1.jpg ccb7cfaddfe4db532105b10d7ee5f9a5275cf112.jpg 2d6ace57ee435635fcb93282ff8e4e8a5079eda2.jpg
" right through me ! " - even of day
@KillerChicken YES, let's make the sads with our heirlooms >:D

Also, I didn't expect Kaan and Clarice to make anything nice color-wise - I just picked him for his genes - but I still got some pretty decent colors, so there's hope yet nvn
@KillerChicken YES, let's make the sads with our heirlooms >:D

Also, I didn't expect Kaan and Clarice to make anything nice color-wise - I just picked him for his genes - but I still got some pretty decent colors, so there's hope yet nvn
@FallowFreckles
fRIEND LET US DO THAT!! We make the sads and the prides! /shows off non-existent big guns/

Same fam. I picked Taekwoon just because he had common genes. Common genes plus cheap boy equals immediate mate. It honestly looked like you had it all planned though?? The babies are so cute I'm kinda dying on the inside that they might /whispers/ kick the bucket. But knowing you didn't plan it gives me a little hope!! A tiny bit. I won't test my lacking luck. :')
@FallowFreckles
fRIEND LET US DO THAT!! We make the sads and the prides! /shows off non-existent big guns/

Same fam. I picked Taekwoon just because he had common genes. Common genes plus cheap boy equals immediate mate. It honestly looked like you had it all planned though?? The babies are so cute I'm kinda dying on the inside that they might /whispers/ kick the bucket. But knowing you didn't plan it gives me a little hope!! A tiny bit. I won't test my lacking luck. :')
d4737898ab2108b146a0318458877fbef46fc745.jpg 399a13922ec7c21849bcf3585c895b44997003ca.jpg 55733d4e0899cc2aed83e819bbe9754ace444bf1.jpg ccb7cfaddfe4db532105b10d7ee5f9a5275cf112.jpg 2d6ace57ee435635fcb93282ff8e4e8a5079eda2.jpg
" right through me ! " - even of day