Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Balance Spare Inventory Crates
Due to an increase in SIC exclusive items, and the expectation they will continue to increase with new festivals, and the current limit of one per festival, I would like to suggest several possible balancing updates to the crates. This is in order to make the exclusive items more accessible, especially to new players. I am happy to add others suggestions to this post. This post was sponsored by getting non-exclusive apparel items only for the past six or seven months.

Possible suggestions (not suggesting all should be implemented):

1. Remove any items that can be purchased with tokens from the crates. The crate provides a token already, and it makes it harder to get the exclusive items from the crate.

2. Either separate the crates into "familiar," "skin & accent," and "apparel" crates at the current price, due to the significant number of items in the pool at this point. Alternatively, increase the crate price and provide one of each type per crate (randomized).

3. Increase the number of crates that can be purchased per flight holiday, due to such an increase in the item pool since introduction. Introduce crates as a rare gathering or coliseum drop to increase the number on the market.

If you have feedback or other ideas, please feel free to provide them here!
Due to an increase in SIC exclusive items, and the expectation they will continue to increase with new festivals, and the current limit of one per festival, I would like to suggest several possible balancing updates to the crates. This is in order to make the exclusive items more accessible, especially to new players. I am happy to add others suggestions to this post. This post was sponsored by getting non-exclusive apparel items only for the past six or seven months.

Possible suggestions (not suggesting all should be implemented):

1. Remove any items that can be purchased with tokens from the crates. The crate provides a token already, and it makes it harder to get the exclusive items from the crate.

2. Either separate the crates into "familiar," "skin & accent," and "apparel" crates at the current price, due to the significant number of items in the pool at this point. Alternatively, increase the crate price and provide one of each type per crate (randomized).

3. Increase the number of crates that can be purchased per flight holiday, due to such an increase in the item pool since introduction. Introduce crates as a rare gathering or coliseum drop to increase the number on the market.

If you have feedback or other ideas, please feel free to provide them here!
forum-signature.png
Yeah every single spare inventory crate I've opened in recent memory has given me nothing I've been excited about, and the token stuff is already super easy to get.

As it is right now the spare inventory crates are mostly frustrating every time and I would love to see SOME kind of change made to them.
Yeah every single spare inventory crate I've opened in recent memory has given me nothing I've been excited about, and the token stuff is already super easy to get.

As it is right now the spare inventory crates are mostly frustrating every time and I would love to see SOME kind of change made to them.
QFXpYkj.png
I think taking out items available by token is a good plan. I wouldn't want the price to increase, but adding additional types, like apparel, or familiar, or skin may be ideal. If anything, adding two additional types and then decreasing the price for each of them would be a better way to go about balancing them.
I think taking out items available by token is a good plan. I wouldn't want the price to increase, but adding additional types, like apparel, or familiar, or skin may be ideal. If anything, adding two additional types and then decreasing the price for each of them would be a better way to go about balancing them.
Please don't quote me.
I actually had no idea until fairly recently you COULD get joxar recolors from the joxbox and I'm in agreement that it feels redundant at best. you already get a token guaranteed in every one which guarantees you a recolor per fest if you buy the box, plus you actually get to choose what you're getting instead of it being entirely random. so you have my support for removing recolors from the box
I actually had no idea until fairly recently you COULD get joxar recolors from the joxbox and I'm in agreement that it feels redundant at best. you already get a token guaranteed in every one which guarantees you a recolor per fest if you buy the box, plus you actually get to choose what you're getting instead of it being entirely random. so you have my support for removing recolors from the box
Support the idea of removing the items you can get with the tokens.

I also would like some other balancing for sure. Price increase would be fine if a skin was a guaranteed loot too.

Or keep the normal crate and add more expensive one that has item + skin but no token or something idk.
Support the idea of removing the items you can get with the tokens.

I also would like some other balancing for sure. Price increase would be fine if a skin was a guaranteed loot too.

Or keep the normal crate and add more expensive one that has item + skin but no token or something idk.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
...You can get items you can buy with tokens in the crates????? Why is that a thing???

Huge support to balancing them by providing one of each type of item or make 3 different boxes for different items. Honestly this game in general has an issue with constantly growing item pools based on RNG and it's only getting worse as more items get added in. Anything that can rebalance this issue would be wonderful without removing the RNG completely!!

Edit: I also didn't know we're limited to one crate per holiday because I hardly buy the crates, that's also a very unfortunate system.
...You can get items you can buy with tokens in the crates????? Why is that a thing???

Huge support to balancing them by providing one of each type of item or make 3 different boxes for different items. Honestly this game in general has an issue with constantly growing item pools based on RNG and it's only getting worse as more items get added in. Anything that can rebalance this issue would be wonderful without removing the RNG completely!!

Edit: I also didn't know we're limited to one crate per holiday because I hardly buy the crates, that's also a very unfortunate system.
Definitely a big fan of both crates by item type, AND removing Spare Inventory items from the pool (since you can just buy those with the Token you get).

I'd also like to suggest the idea of Flight-specific crates, offered during their respective Festivals.
Definitely a big fan of both crates by item type, AND removing Spare Inventory items from the pool (since you can just buy those with the Token you get).

I'd also like to suggest the idea of Flight-specific crates, offered during their respective Festivals.
af2592bd-9a37-11ea-8386-ab74cd36fd8c.gif aMmPstC.png 849-gi.png aMmPstC.png af2592bd-9a37-11ea-8386-ab74cd36fd8c.gif
tumblr_inline_o0txwdGUUH1tqyuge_250.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
JMBy38q.pngl8NOdbs.pngYMPbu9R.png
I love the idea of Flight specific chests. It's like, this is YOUR fest random citizen! Have the chance at more of your festival stuff.
I love the idea of Flight specific chests. It's like, this is YOUR fest random citizen! Have the chance at more of your festival stuff.
Please don't quote me.
If I'm remembering what the staff said correctly, I'm pretty sure skins roll separately in jox crates. So it rolls for an item, then rolls to see if you get a skin, then rolls for the skin you get. I don't think you can only get a skin, but you can walk away without one.

Which means there's no need to split skins from the crate because they aren't taking an item slot away from something else.
If I'm remembering what the staff said correctly, I'm pretty sure skins roll separately in jox crates. So it rolls for an item, then rolls to see if you get a skin, then rolls for the skin you get. I don't think you can only get a skin, but you can walk away without one.

Which means there's no need to split skins from the crate because they aren't taking an item slot away from something else.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="Undertale" date="2024-06-23 13:39:03" ] 1. Remove any items that can be purchased with tokens from the crates. The crate provides a token already, and it makes it harder to get the exclusive items from the crate. [/quote] THIS especially
Undertale wrote on 2024-06-23 13:39:03:

THIS especially
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!