Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which genes give you discomfort?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Curious to hear if you have any genes that give you squick/discomfort for any reason! I have a few, albeit not to a level where I'd need them specificly hidden, I just cant look at certain things for too long unless in specific set ups / under apparel and skins. I imagine my trypophobia definitely plays into some, and other things could just be random weirdness!

That being said there might be edge cases where I have these genes in my lair.

These ones are almost always problematic:
Stitched/Patchwork, Icing, Checkers/Chess, Wicker, Candycane/Sugarplum, Shark

Situational, can depend on color or pose/breed (if parallel gene isnt listed, its not problematic):
Leopard/Clouded, Lionfish, Orb, Clown, Augment, Polkadot, Mucous

These ones used to give me discomfort but I am largely or completely over it:
Chrysocolla/Malachite (now love), Smirch (except with specific colors), Ringlets, Weaver, Shell

Strangely these common squick genes I never struggled with or love:
Jaguar/Rosette, Slime/Sludge, Space, Scuttles, Keel, Gembond, Capsule, Riot, Jewels

Special mention:
Carnivore only and specificly bothers me on aethers and dusthides, love it on others!

Eye type discomforts:
Button, Plague primal (not always,. if matchy I can handle it)

For what its worth, I can still often appreciate other people using many of these!
Curious to hear if you have any genes that give you squick/discomfort for any reason! I have a few, albeit not to a level where I'd need them specificly hidden, I just cant look at certain things for too long unless in specific set ups / under apparel and skins. I imagine my trypophobia definitely plays into some, and other things could just be random weirdness!

That being said there might be edge cases where I have these genes in my lair.

These ones are almost always problematic:
Stitched/Patchwork, Icing, Checkers/Chess, Wicker, Candycane/Sugarplum, Shark

Situational, can depend on color or pose/breed (if parallel gene isnt listed, its not problematic):
Leopard/Clouded, Lionfish, Orb, Clown, Augment, Polkadot, Mucous

These ones used to give me discomfort but I am largely or completely over it:
Chrysocolla/Malachite (now love), Smirch (except with specific colors), Ringlets, Weaver, Shell

Strangely these common squick genes I never struggled with or love:
Jaguar/Rosette, Slime/Sludge, Space, Scuttles, Keel, Gembond, Capsule, Riot, Jewels

Special mention:
Carnivore only and specificly bothers me on aethers and dusthides, love it on others!

Eye type discomforts:
Button, Plague primal (not always,. if matchy I can handle it)

For what its worth, I can still often appreciate other people using many of these!
rI2B9a8.png
i agree about carnivore on aethers and dusties, they look too friendly for it, haha.

i'm honestly not really a fan of glowtail. Like i actually love seeing how people use it for some cool colour gradients or rodent dragons, but it never really felt like a gem gene to me. though flaunt/flair being treasure genes is a saving grace since they feel like gem genes to me so, a soul for a soul if you will.
i agree about carnivore on aethers and dusties, they look too friendly for it, haha.

i'm honestly not really a fan of glowtail. Like i actually love seeing how people use it for some cool colour gradients or rodent dragons, but it never really felt like a gem gene to me. though flaunt/flair being treasure genes is a saving grace since they feel like gem genes to me so, a soul for a soul if you will.
xulc4O8.png
Yeah, all those genes with stripes and checkers make my head heart a little. I don’t mind most other genes and eye types but Plague Primal is a little gross for me. Shadow Primal also creeps me out a little.
Yeah, all those genes with stripes and checkers make my head heart a little. I don’t mind most other genes and eye types but Plague Primal is a little gross for me. Shadow Primal also creeps me out a little.
2xvYPbw.png

» Astro

- Skin Shop
- Adopt Shop

» FR +1

- Pings recommended!
i used to really struggle with uhhhh hypnotic. i've gotten used to it tho over time. the squiggling was spaced Just Right to confuse my eyes lol
i used to really struggle with uhhhh hypnotic. i've gotten used to it tho over time. the squiggling was spaced Just Right to confuse my eyes lol
Galford-Adopt.png940e0e2c5dc5c6df1a1d8b859b7faf98835ef23b.png
I don't have any thankfully :) the only gene I actually dislike is keel, but more like, I find it kind of ugly than actually giving me any discomfort
I don't have any thankfully :) the only gene I actually dislike is keel, but more like, I find it kind of ugly than actually giving me any discomfort
SIG-02.png
the only one i REALLY dislike is carnivore as you said haha. crackle and flecks i also dislike but can work well with certain dragons and coloring! there's others but those are the three off the top of my head
the only one i REALLY dislike is carnivore as you said haha. crackle and flecks i also dislike but can work well with certain dragons and coloring! there's others but those are the three off the top of my head
ePOliyb.pngHdmxfuE.pngWTRVHVo.png
1vAtYxM.pngsh5xjiu.pngpcUL48u.png
PRICTGJ.pngVDqpTLf.pngmtHAEL4.png
cdqdRxL.png5Tw56Ex.png
YMPbu9R.png
I didn't think I had squicks for genes, and then I met chitin... That and all the "augment"-style genes for ancients. Circuit doesn't bother me!

Also, every single primal eye type is a squick to me except light, which is basically just a JJ Abrams version of the glowing eye type.
I didn't think I had squicks for genes, and then I met chitin... That and all the "augment"-style genes for ancients. Circuit doesn't bother me!

Also, every single primal eye type is a squick to me except light, which is basically just a JJ Abrams version of the glowing eye type.
phloxxy-1.png phloxxy-2.png s-t-gq.png
ace.png
demiro.png
7fFdbks.png
xjB7OSe.png
candle-smol.png
none of them really cause me discomfort, but then i am a chronic consumer of horror media and i happily interact with creatures like scorpions, snakes, tarantulas, bees, e.t.c. so nothing resembling them bothers me either.

i will say that i get the ever so slightest tickle of discomfort when i look at auraboa scuttle, but i still love it!
none of them really cause me discomfort, but then i am a chronic consumer of horror media and i happily interact with creatures like scorpions, snakes, tarantulas, bees, e.t.c. so nothing resembling them bothers me either.

i will say that i get the ever so slightest tickle of discomfort when i look at auraboa scuttle, but i still love it!
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
i can look at soap i would just like, prefer not to (this is why im a soap hater but also i think it looks bad in general lol). i couldn't tell you why something just feels wrong on a visceral level about it, none of the other "unnatural" genes like slime/sludge or stitched/patchwork bother me though.
i can look at soap i would just like, prefer not to (this is why im a soap hater but also i think it looks bad in general lol). i couldn't tell you why something just feels wrong on a visceral level about it, none of the other "unnatural" genes like slime/sludge or stitched/patchwork bother me though.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I used to have SUCH problems with capsule but now I'm actually starting to like it. Never thought I would... I don't like stitched at all; it's very on the edge of flinching for me. Scuttle ALMOST bothers me but it suits auraboas so WELL that it saves it. XD I can't do carnivore. NOPE. Thank you but NO. Even when I can acknowledge it looks nice it's a NOOO.

Even if it's matchy, I don't like plague primal eyes but BUTTON, oh, I can't even LOOK at button. >< I'm hoping I get used to it eventually because the flinch is very annoying. Multigaze used to be an issue for me but now has calmed into a simple dislike with a few examples actually looking good to me.

Otherwise I'm pretty good.
I used to have SUCH problems with capsule but now I'm actually starting to like it. Never thought I would... I don't like stitched at all; it's very on the edge of flinching for me. Scuttle ALMOST bothers me but it suits auraboas so WELL that it saves it. XD I can't do carnivore. NOPE. Thank you but NO. Even when I can acknowledge it looks nice it's a NOOO.

Even if it's matchy, I don't like plague primal eyes but BUTTON, oh, I can't even LOOK at button. >< I'm hoping I get used to it eventually because the flinch is very annoying. Multigaze used to be an issue for me but now has calmed into a simple dislike with a few examples actually looking good to me.

Otherwise I'm pretty good.
FD1rkPC.png dac5c205911117729a82f72c1cdf25cc70a0d072.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7