Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Print skins directly from the database
Summary: Allow artists to select skins that can be printed by a customer with the appropriate blank blueprint, right from the skin's database page.

There have been some adjacent suggestions and mumbling to this, but I wanted to define what I specifically have in mind here.

With the update to the skin and accent system allowing users to instantly reprint skins, it would be easy to expand that a bit further. Here is what I propose.

In the new skin management page, artists can choose to allow other players to get prints of a skin without having to go through said artists. This is turned off by default.

The artist can select not only which individual skins they allow to be printed this way, but also if they wish to charge a printing fee, its currency type, how many copies each user can purchase, and how many total individual copies a user can purchase this way.

This does not prohibit a user from buying more copies off the AH, etc.

Quote:
Examples:
Skin A is set to allow batches of 10 to be printed, but this can only be done once per user.

Skin B is set to only allow single printings, but each individual user can do this up to three times.

If an artist has this activated on a particular skin, a button becomes active on the skin's database page that says "Print!"

Clicking this will take the user to the submissions page, where a box is autofilled with the ID. If a user has the appropriate blank blueprint and (optional) set currency, they can instantly get a print of the skin.

The artist-set print fee is put into a skin/accent till for them, and shows sale history similar to the AH pages. This history is available to the artist regardless if you set a fee.

If an artist has someone blocked, the print button stays de-activated, as if the artist never activated it.

Along with this feature, print database pages should show how many copies of a print exist on the site.

Ok thats all, zwoop. No need to ping me.
Summary: Allow artists to select skins that can be printed by a customer with the appropriate blank blueprint, right from the skin's database page.

There have been some adjacent suggestions and mumbling to this, but I wanted to define what I specifically have in mind here.

With the update to the skin and accent system allowing users to instantly reprint skins, it would be easy to expand that a bit further. Here is what I propose.

In the new skin management page, artists can choose to allow other players to get prints of a skin without having to go through said artists. This is turned off by default.

The artist can select not only which individual skins they allow to be printed this way, but also if they wish to charge a printing fee, its currency type, how many copies each user can purchase, and how many total individual copies a user can purchase this way.

This does not prohibit a user from buying more copies off the AH, etc.

Quote:
Examples:
Skin A is set to allow batches of 10 to be printed, but this can only be done once per user.

Skin B is set to only allow single printings, but each individual user can do this up to three times.

If an artist has this activated on a particular skin, a button becomes active on the skin's database page that says "Print!"

Clicking this will take the user to the submissions page, where a box is autofilled with the ID. If a user has the appropriate blank blueprint and (optional) set currency, they can instantly get a print of the skin.

The artist-set print fee is put into a skin/accent till for them, and shows sale history similar to the AH pages. This history is available to the artist regardless if you set a fee.

If an artist has someone blocked, the print button stays de-activated, as if the artist never activated it.

Along with this feature, print database pages should show how many copies of a print exist on the site.

Ok thats all, zwoop. No need to ping me.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png