Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make search filters consistent site-wide
I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but the search functions are wildly inconsistent across the site. Let's take a look at familiars, for example. The action house, marketplace, hoard/vault, bestiary, and game database searches all have different search parameters. This is frustrating, because I often find myself wanting to use the search parameters from one area of the site on another area of the site but I can't. ---------------- [b]Take a look at the auction house search for familiars: [/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/x3q8Zd0.png[/img] You get three parameters. Name of familiar, treasure price, and gem price. [b]Now here's the marketplace search: [/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7n0nsMM.png[/img] Now you can search by color and if you have it in your hoard/vault! This would be incredibly useful to have on the auction house, but nope! Doesn't exist. [b]Now here's the bestiary search:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/mSbG22c.png[/img] Here the "hoard/vault" option is called "location" instead, and it's [i]completely missing[/i] the 'not in hoard/vault' option that is present in the MP. [b]WHY[/b]!? I would LOVE to be able to search by not in hoard/vault in the bestiary. It would save me so much scrutinizing which familiars do or do not have the tiny icons that indicate it. [b]Now here is the hoard/vault search:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/roqbcNr.png[/img] This one provides the 'bonding [i]status[/i]' search along with a rarity search. Bonding status has the same filters as bond [i]level[/i], but this time there are also options for if you've bonded with a familiar that day. [b]Lastly, here is the game database search:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/oEkrauE.png[/img] This search provides parameters for marketplace price and item ID number. ----------------- Familiars are [b]not[/b] the only search that is inconsistent like this. [i]All the searches site-wide are different and inconsistent[/i]. Dragon search is another notable one, with the dragon search and AH search parameters being slightly different. I [i]really[/i] wish you could sort AH dragons by ID number but that is only possible on dragon search. My suggestion is to make all of these searches have the same parameters. I want all of the parameters available on every different search. I do not think this would be too difficult to implement, as the logic already exists to do it. Hear my plea, make searching consistent please!!
I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but the search functions are wildly inconsistent across the site. Let's take a look at familiars, for example.
The action house, marketplace, hoard/vault, bestiary, and game database searches all have different search parameters. This is frustrating, because I often find myself wanting to use the search parameters from one area of the site on another area of the site but I can't.

Take a look at the auction house search for familiars:
x3q8Zd0.png
You get three parameters. Name of familiar, treasure price, and gem price.

Now here's the marketplace search:
7n0nsMM.png
Now you can search by color and if you have it in your hoard/vault! This would be incredibly useful to have on the auction house, but nope! Doesn't exist.

Now here's the bestiary search:
mSbG22c.png
Here the "hoard/vault" option is called "location" instead, and it's completely missing the 'not in hoard/vault' option that is present in the MP. WHY!? I would LOVE to be able to search by not in hoard/vault in the bestiary. It would save me so much scrutinizing which familiars do or do not have the tiny icons that indicate it.

Now here is the hoard/vault search:
roqbcNr.png
This one provides the 'bonding status' search along with a rarity search. Bonding status has the same filters as bond level, but this time there are also options for if you've bonded with a familiar that day.

Lastly, here is the game database search:
oEkrauE.png
This search provides parameters for marketplace price and item ID number.

Familiars are not the only search that is inconsistent like this. All the searches site-wide are different and inconsistent. Dragon search is another notable one, with the dragon search and AH search parameters being slightly different. I really wish you could sort AH dragons by ID number but that is only possible on dragon search.

My suggestion is to make all of these searches have the same parameters. I want all of the parameters available on every different search. I do not think this would be too difficult to implement, as the logic already exists to do it. Hear my plea, make searching consistent please!!
92280712.png90501452.png82942286.png83686183.png89796725.png
I would love consistent search parameters/filters oml, please
I would love consistent search parameters/filters oml, please
Hedone.png

a67e4173-9a21-11ea-8a10-abfa17d05695.gif he/him or they/them pronouns, please.
a67e4173-9a21-11ea-8a10-abfa17d05695.gif wishlist
a67e4173-9a21-11ea-8a10-abfa17d05695.gif bio codes
Huge support. I was gonna write a post about this myself if no one else had.

Something I DEARLY wish is that the Crossroads and Auction House (when selling) has a search function at all. It's a huge pain having to scroll through my million items trying to find the thing I want.
Huge support. I was gonna write a post about this myself if no one else had.

Something I DEARLY wish is that the Crossroads and Auction House (when selling) has a search function at all. It's a huge pain having to scroll through my million items trying to find the thing I want.
Cal | Any pronouns | FR +9

mctEJP5.png

If you want to look through my lair,
please start here!