Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite way to read player-clan Lore?
1 2
As the title says, I'm curious what people's favorite way to read player-clan Lore is!
In dragon bios, forum threads, on a webpage or googledoc, spreadsheets, or other formats

Personally my fav might be forum threads, but dragon bios are also great

edit: oh actually my all-time favorite is player-made comics *w* those are so incredible
As the title says, I'm curious what people's favorite way to read player-clan Lore is!
In dragon bios, forum threads, on a webpage or googledoc, spreadsheets, or other formats

Personally my fav might be forum threads, but dragon bios are also great

edit: oh actually my all-time favorite is player-made comics *w* those are so incredible
Clan Lore | Clan Gallery | Art Blog | FR Blog9eeae65bbff59dbbc51fbb14e63503493b3f830e.png
Any of these really, but most of my clan lore in my Dragon's bios.
Any of these really, but most of my clan lore in my Dragon's bios.
ZPHN6ju.png
I usually only read it in bios/profiles ^^

I very very rarely look at forum thread-stored lore. Like only a few times the entire time I've been here, and only because it was linked in a bio. Even for those few times, half the threads I looked at weren't even close to being finished (and I feel like most threads out there are probably like that) so I lost interest in looking at them for the most part. And I definitely wouldn't leave the site to read lore, unless it was a really cool looking comic lol.
I usually only read it in bios/profiles ^^

I very very rarely look at forum thread-stored lore. Like only a few times the entire time I've been here, and only because it was linked in a bio. Even for those few times, half the threads I looked at weren't even close to being finished (and I feel like most threads out there are probably like that) so I lost interest in looking at them for the most part. And I definitely wouldn't leave the site to read lore, unless it was a really cool looking comic lol.
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
wait are you telling me people make an entire webpage for dragon lore?

dude thats awesome
wait are you telling me people make an entire webpage for dragon lore?

dude thats awesome
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I usually only read it in dragon bios. my usual lore experience is clicking on someone's cool dragon and then scrolling down to see the bio. I appreciate the dedication of threads/google docs/etc. but generally don't view them.

also, slightly off topic, but to anyone who has a bunch of bullet points in a dragon's bio and lowkey feels bad that it's not written out in longform: pls do not feel bad. I love bullet points. I am actually more likely to read and enjoy bullet points when goldfish mode kicks in which is a lot of the time

- anime protag energy
- no inside voice
- mismatched sock collection
- ate cooper's (clearly labeled) sandwich and now they are mortal enemies
I usually only read it in dragon bios. my usual lore experience is clicking on someone's cool dragon and then scrolling down to see the bio. I appreciate the dedication of threads/google docs/etc. but generally don't view them.

also, slightly off topic, but to anyone who has a bunch of bullet points in a dragon's bio and lowkey feels bad that it's not written out in longform: pls do not feel bad. I love bullet points. I am actually more likely to read and enjoy bullet points when goldfish mode kicks in which is a lot of the time

- anime protag energy
- no inside voice
- mismatched sock collection
- ate cooper's (clearly labeled) sandwich and now they are mortal enemies
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
dragon bios is my preferred way to go, but I also enjoy reading lore I randomly find on ao3 every so often
dragon bios is my preferred way to go, but I also enjoy reading lore I randomly find on ao3 every so often
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Dragon Bios for sure. I rarely go anywhere else.
Dragon Bios for sure. I rarely go anywhere else.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
i only have the spoons to read dragon bios, and only if they're under a certain word count and not too difficult to navigate/read (depends on the day, really). sometimes i may click on the link to the forum lore and peruse it a bit.
i only have the spoons to read dragon bios, and only if they're under a certain word count and not too difficult to navigate/read (depends on the day, really). sometimes i may click on the link to the forum lore and peruse it a bit.
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| Hey there! I wish you a great day.
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
I also typically only have the spoons to read dragon bios. It’s just my preference, but for the most part I tend to only read bios that are in character description format and not written narrative-style.
and the font matters, I love plain Verdana

If the lore in question or writing style is really interesting to me, though, I’ll read anything ^^
I also typically only have the spoons to read dragon bios. It’s just my preference, but for the most part I tend to only read bios that are in character description format and not written narrative-style.
and the font matters, I love plain Verdana

If the lore in question or writing style is really interesting to me, though, I’ll read anything ^^
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
Bios, unless I’m (interested, first off,) provided a forum thread. Easier to compile there methinks.
Bios, unless I’m (interested, first off,) provided a forum thread. Easier to compile there methinks.
RI8hS.gif 1cLgG.gif 6F5cu.gif 6Yuo8.gif 4vhZB.gif TkWkP.gif 2r4TL.gif SBJu2.gif
1 2