Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed Theorizing for 2024
1 2 3
Alright so, now that there are only three flights left that have yet to get an ancient breed (Earth, Wind, Light)

What do we think the order will be, and based on any trends we can find of the other ancients what do we think the ancients will look like?

Like obviously there's trends of they do fit an aesthetic of their flight or fit with them having evolved in their flight's territory (I know people say Auraboa are more wind like, but I do like that they can be mistaken for thick jungle vines)

For example, I think Earth could actually be pretty similar to their deity and just completely don't have any wings! Not even anything on their back at all like the sandsurges do. Sandsurges have fins that stick out of the sand like sharks but what if Earth flight dragons have completely bare backs like the common idea of drakes being crocodile like dragons.

As for wind, sure there is some concepts that Auraboa have that could've made them fit more with wind, but also consider flying squirrel based dragons, where the wing isn't a membrane stretched across fingers but just a singular membrane for gliding the air currents to let the Windsinger carry them himself. Or Pterosaur/azdarchid based to keep the more reptilian aesthetic!

As for light, we need something bioluminescent, just putting it out there that whatever it is, needs to be as if angler fish or other similar creatures evolved on land producing their own light.

But those are just my own ideas! :0
Alright so, now that there are only three flights left that have yet to get an ancient breed (Earth, Wind, Light)

What do we think the order will be, and based on any trends we can find of the other ancients what do we think the ancients will look like?

Like obviously there's trends of they do fit an aesthetic of their flight or fit with them having evolved in their flight's territory (I know people say Auraboa are more wind like, but I do like that they can be mistaken for thick jungle vines)

For example, I think Earth could actually be pretty similar to their deity and just completely don't have any wings! Not even anything on their back at all like the sandsurges do. Sandsurges have fins that stick out of the sand like sharks but what if Earth flight dragons have completely bare backs like the common idea of drakes being crocodile like dragons.

As for wind, sure there is some concepts that Auraboa have that could've made them fit more with wind, but also consider flying squirrel based dragons, where the wing isn't a membrane stretched across fingers but just a singular membrane for gliding the air currents to let the Windsinger carry them himself. Or Pterosaur/azdarchid based to keep the more reptilian aesthetic!

As for light, we need something bioluminescent, just putting it out there that whatever it is, needs to be as if angler fish or other similar creatures evolved on land producing their own light.

But those are just my own ideas! :0
Burning as bright as I can, careful to not burn myself out
" but what if Earth flight dragons have completely bare backs like the common idea of drakes being crocodile like dragons."

There needs to be something because of secondary genes.
" but what if Earth flight dragons have completely bare backs like the common idea of drakes being crocodile like dragons."

Earth ancients need to be Big. Like Massive dragons if you ask me

They could be sleeping underground, in hot ground near magma to turn into terracotta? Kinda like clay in furnaces?
Earth ancients need to be Big. Like Massive dragons if you ask me

They could be sleeping underground, in hot ground near magma to turn into terracotta? Kinda like clay in furnaces?
csJrlej.png
3dokvee.png
comev47.png
QQYyU47.png
YUEtAn1.png
dEe2UrM.png
f5c0adf655eaaeb871411a368de8ed0ce8164fc9.png
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-02-20 12:39:39" ] There needs to be something because of secondary genes. [/quote] I propose a turtle-like shell
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-02-20 12:39:39:

I propose a turtle-like shell
csJrlej.png
3dokvee.png
comev47.png
QQYyU47.png
YUEtAn1.png
dEe2UrM.png
f5c0adf655eaaeb871411a368de8ed0ce8164fc9.png
@Ogerpon Actually! I dont think wings are needed for secondary genes, just going off some scrys, secondary genes do appear around the head area as well on most dragon breeds(banescales were one of the few I found that didn't do that)! Some examples
example 1
example 2
@Ogerpon Actually! I dont think wings are needed for secondary genes, just going off some scrys, secondary genes do appear around the head area as well on most dragon breeds(banescales were one of the few I found that didn't do that)! Some examples
example 1
example 2
@Gelo Okay but, world turtle dragon! For Earth!
@Gelo Okay but, world turtle dragon! For Earth!
If the light ancient isn't a literal emperor I am going to CRY (i won't. I will give lots of love to my baby light ancients) Also! A wyvern or true amphithere for the wind would be neat, and a drake for the earth ancient would be really nice. Speaking or earth ancient, I will say that the secondary doesn't need to be on the wings, or turtle shell. Here's a demonstration (totally not based on ark's kaprosuchus...): [img]https://i.postimg.cc/65yBXtLm/image-2024-02-20-230337001.png[/img] excuse my terrible drawing, I was too lazy to get my drawing tablet, BUT. I am guessing this is how a secondary could also look like!
If the light ancient isn't a literal emperor I am going to CRY (i won't. I will give lots of love to my baby light ancients)

Also! A wyvern or true amphithere for the wind would be neat, and a drake for the earth ancient would be really nice.

Speaking or earth ancient, I will say that the secondary doesn't need to be on the wings, or turtle shell. Here's a demonstration (totally not based on ark's kaprosuchus...):

image-2024-02-20-230337001.png
excuse my terrible drawing, I was too lazy to get my drawing tablet, BUT. I am guessing this is how a secondary could also look like!
image-2024-01-17-224656726.png
Emperors as far as im aware will never be breeds for lore reasons (there dead imperials, that cause havoc) but I am hoping the light ancient too follow imperials somewhat.

The ice ancient is intended (or suspected) to be an ancient species of tundra whilst most other ancients are there own thing I think a more beefy fluffy imp would be a cool idea and obviously appease to the masses whilst keeping KS stuff exclusive.

Earth I honestly hope is slightly more dainty? like more on-par with say guardians when it comes too beefy-ness we have obelisks and snappers obelisks being the most recent released modern.

I want something that still feels 'buff' but isnt as chunky and thick looking as those two.

wind... a feathered dragon would be cool no inherent desire art direction but I do have a strong soft spot for anything feathery and wind does keep that 'bird' theme pretty well.

Edit: also this year I suspect we will see light and earth.

Both match up decently well with ancient release times + retrospective holiday.
Emperors as far as im aware will never be breeds for lore reasons (there dead imperials, that cause havoc) but I am hoping the light ancient too follow imperials somewhat.

The ice ancient is intended (or suspected) to be an ancient species of tundra whilst most other ancients are there own thing I think a more beefy fluffy imp would be a cool idea and obviously appease to the masses whilst keeping KS stuff exclusive.

Earth I honestly hope is slightly more dainty? like more on-par with say guardians when it comes too beefy-ness we have obelisks and snappers obelisks being the most recent released modern.

I want something that still feels 'buff' but isnt as chunky and thick looking as those two.

wind... a feathered dragon would be cool no inherent desire art direction but I do have a strong soft spot for anything feathery and wind does keep that 'bird' theme pretty well.

Edit: also this year I suspect we will see light and earth.

Both match up decently well with ancient release times + retrospective holiday.
ebaFkRs.gif
I remember that suggestions thread about the earth ancient being a Tarasque!
- Here-
Would LOVE to see it. As for the wind ancient, I think a non-noodle breed would be nice
I remember that suggestions thread about the earth ancient being a Tarasque!
- Here-
Would LOVE to see it. As for the wind ancient, I think a non-noodle breed would be nice
nnnnnnnnnnn

I enjoy hosting nests
and swapping dragons.

Adopt someone?
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
nnnnnnn

In the process of
building some lore
It would be nice if there was a wind ancient that came out right before Mistral Jamboree. But I'm not sure what if would look like other than a fancier Spiral?
It would be nice if there was a wind ancient that came out right before Mistral Jamboree. But I'm not sure what if would look like other than a fancier Spiral?
DQLlbOg.png
1 2 3