Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It finally happened (burnout/leaving)
tldr: I'm satisfied with my progress in this game and feel its time to move on so I can focus more on real life things :') I've been on flightrising for over 9 years now and I'm finally getting that feeling that's more than just your typical burnout. I just feel...done? No negative feelings, I also don't feel like I've "grown out" of this game, I just feel like I've done all I want to do. In 2023 I did my biggest mass hatch yet of 500 eggs and while it was fun, it took me like [i]2 years[/i] to save up all the eggs and money to do it because I worked so much irl I hardly had time for anything. But with a new job that I started months ago that has a better work life balance I thought surely now, I can get back to playing this game like I used to! But I just don't seem to want to. I'm thinking I'll stick around for the next anniversary because I'd love to see my account hit ten years, maybe do a small giveaway for some things I wont want anymore(please do not message me about items/dragons that I don't have listed for sale I'm not ready for that yet lol). I don't think "burden" is the correct word for how I feel about this game but I just feel I've been forcing myself to play for a while now and its just not hitting like it used to! [emoji=bogsneak sad size=2]
tldr: I'm satisfied with my progress in this game and feel its time to move on so I can focus more on real life things :')

I've been on flightrising for over 9 years now and I'm finally getting that feeling that's more than just your typical burnout. I just feel...done? No negative feelings, I also don't feel like I've "grown out" of this game, I just feel like I've done all I want to do. In 2023 I did my biggest mass hatch yet of 500 eggs and while it was fun, it took me like 2 years to save up all the eggs and money to do it because I worked so much irl I hardly had time for anything. But with a new job that I started months ago that has a better work life balance I thought surely now, I can get back to playing this game like I used to! But I just don't seem to want to.

I'm thinking I'll stick around for the next anniversary because I'd love to see my account hit ten years, maybe do a small giveaway for some things I wont want anymore(please do not message me about items/dragons that I don't have listed for sale I'm not ready for that yet lol).

I don't think "burden" is the correct word for how I feel about this game but I just feel I've been forcing myself to play for a while now and its just not hitting like it used to!

Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
It's a part of life to take a break from things and return later, or to leave things behind completely. Don't be sad! Both the game and you are changing constantly, so it is natural that the two paths diverge at some point.
It's a part of life to take a break from things and return later, or to leave things behind completely. Don't be sad! Both the game and you are changing constantly, so it is natural that the two paths diverge at some point.
I've been playing FR for over ten years now, in fact it'll be eleven years for me in June this year. I've taken one big break from 2014-2015 but I've not done that since. I have however taken smaller breaks where I just log in to do dailies before closing the site again.

I'm now at the point where I'm doing the same now but some days I'll train some fodder to exalt for passive income. I'm not really active beyond that. Of course for most festivals if I have the time between work and other commitments I'll hop into coli a bit more and make as much money as I can do, but aside from those things I don't really have a desire to be on FR much.

Enjoy your break/time away from FR!
I've been playing FR for over ten years now, in fact it'll be eleven years for me in June this year. I've taken one big break from 2014-2015 but I've not done that since. I have however taken smaller breaks where I just log in to do dailies before closing the site again.

I'm now at the point where I'm doing the same now but some days I'll train some fodder to exalt for passive income. I'm not really active beyond that. Of course for most festivals if I have the time between work and other commitments I'll hop into coli a bit more and make as much money as I can do, but aside from those things I don't really have a desire to be on FR much.

Enjoy your break/time away from FR!
That happens to quite a lot of online games, I hear :) Sounds like you are happy with your time, don't feel like you have to keep the activity up.
That happens to quite a lot of online games, I hear :) Sounds like you are happy with your time, don't feel like you have to keep the activity up.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
That's the good thing about FR you can leave and your account will be there if you ever come back, just how you left it (they even feed your dragons!)

You can try just logging in during festival weeks as well, that gives you 3 weeks RL focus inbetween FR checkins (but you won't get your dragons fed for being away for such a short period so hopefully you can fit them all in your den except your coli dragons)

Go recharge! and maybe return like the many prodigals who have gone and returned before you! Or move on to bigger and better things if you never think about FR again...

IMHO:
I think you'd regret giving away all your stuff if you log back in years later and find its all worth exponentially more than what it is now so save yourself a workload and just leave it as is!
That's the good thing about FR you can leave and your account will be there if you ever come back, just how you left it (they even feed your dragons!)

You can try just logging in during festival weeks as well, that gives you 3 weeks RL focus inbetween FR checkins (but you won't get your dragons fed for being away for such a short period so hopefully you can fit them all in your den except your coli dragons)

Go recharge! and maybe return like the many prodigals who have gone and returned before you! Or move on to bigger and better things if you never think about FR again...

IMHO:
I think you'd regret giving away all your stuff if you log back in years later and find its all worth exponentially more than what it is now so save yourself a workload and just leave it as is!
qDkA25S.png
I felt similarly at one point. It was a burden and a task I just had to do each day. So I left. At the time of leaving I just had to much going on in my life to keep up playing each day, and I no longer felt like anything really needed doing in game, kinda like you said, it just felt done. I came back though, obviously. About a year after leaving I ended up logging back in and slowly started playing again. All the new things I missed helped bring that interest back and I had new things to work towards in game.

Like others said, I think it would be better to keep your items and dragons for the time being. There's always that chance you might come back and regret giving stuff away.
I felt similarly at one point. It was a burden and a task I just had to do each day. So I left. At the time of leaving I just had to much going on in my life to keep up playing each day, and I no longer felt like anything really needed doing in game, kinda like you said, it just felt done. I came back though, obviously. About a year after leaving I ended up logging back in and slowly started playing again. All the new things I missed helped bring that interest back and I had new things to work towards in game.

Like others said, I think it would be better to keep your items and dragons for the time being. There's always that chance you might come back and regret giving stuff away.
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png