Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What if the deities got new art?
1 2 3 4
I'm just thinking about how crunchy Lightweaver's looked ever since they changed the image size, and... I believe I've seen in staff posts about other very old art that they don't necessarily have the layered files of everything from the beginning of the site, so if they wanted to fix her pixellation they might have to go in and redraw parts of her by hand... at which point they might be better off doing a full overhaul?? And then they wouldn't want to overhaul one deity's art but not the other 10...

What if they updated the deity art? Would it be better if it was just new lineart and rendering in identical poses, or completely redrawn? Would you hate it no matter what, or would you give it a chance? What would you want to see from an art update?
I'm just thinking about how crunchy Lightweaver's looked ever since they changed the image size, and... I believe I've seen in staff posts about other very old art that they don't necessarily have the layered files of everything from the beginning of the site, so if they wanted to fix her pixellation they might have to go in and redraw parts of her by hand... at which point they might be better off doing a full overhaul?? And then they wouldn't want to overhaul one deity's art but not the other 10...

What if they updated the deity art? Would it be better if it was just new lineart and rendering in identical poses, or completely redrawn? Would you hate it no matter what, or would you give it a chance? What would you want to see from an art update?
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
Speaking only on Plague since I honestly have no opinion on the other flights. I'd be very, very worried about what the Plaguebringer would look like if she got overhauled. I'd much prefer they only update the lineart and image quality, without doing an overhaul on any of the dieties.

If they did do an art overhaul, I would love it if she was done in dark saturated reds, black, murky yellows, tan, even some pure white. Very little, preferably no green at all. Windsinger and Gladekeeper more than cover our need for green....
Speaking only on Plague since I honestly have no opinion on the other flights. I'd be very, very worried about what the Plaguebringer would look like if she got overhauled. I'd much prefer they only update the lineart and image quality, without doing an overhaul on any of the dieties.

If they did do an art overhaul, I would love it if she was done in dark saturated reds, black, murky yellows, tan, even some pure white. Very little, preferably no green at all. Windsinger and Gladekeeper more than cover our need for green....
I'd love to see the deities get an update, but maybe not a complete overhaul. Just enough of a change to match the more recent site aesthetic (shading, linework, maybe some more complexity on deities like earthshaker and flamecaller) and fix the image quality.

I also agree that plaguebringer shouldn't go green, if anything she should be made more red.
I'd love to see the deities get an update, but maybe not a complete overhaul. Just enough of a change to match the more recent site aesthetic (shading, linework, maybe some more complexity on deities like earthshaker and flamecaller) and fix the image quality.

I also agree that plaguebringer shouldn't go green, if anything she should be made more red.
zephyr735.gif
New art doesn't necessarily mean design changes.

Some shiny new deity art would be nice!
New art doesn't necessarily mean design changes.

Some shiny new deity art would be nice!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
A few deities certainly feel like they could use an overhaul, so I'd be happy if the devs ever did that.

Windsinger and Arcanist are the best-looking ones IMO.

Earthshaker and Gladekeeper could really use an overhaul OTOH... They just feel... Lackluster?
A few deities certainly feel like they could use an overhaul, so I'd be happy if the devs ever did that.

Windsinger and Arcanist are the best-looking ones IMO.

Earthshaker and Gladekeeper could really use an overhaul OTOH... They just feel... Lackluster?
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
I think I would cry if Glademomma changed at all, rip my too-attached-to-pixel-dragons brain.
I think I would cry if Glademomma changed at all, rip my too-attached-to-pixel-dragons brain.
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
New art yes, design overhauls... probably not a good idea. :P
New art yes, design overhauls... probably not a good idea. :P
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
Agreed on only updating lineart/visual quality, not doing design overhauls, if staff chooses to do so. But even if a redraw never happens, it won't bother me.
Agreed on only updating lineart/visual quality, not doing design overhauls, if staff chooses to do so. But even if a redraw never happens, it won't bother me.
they would have to change the statue fams, the figurines, the vistas, the lore artwork and some merch designs. tall order. edit: forgot the dolls but they're already off model so much that [item=faded shadowbinder effigy] reminds me more of a snapper dragon than the actual god it's depicting anyways
they would have to change the statue fams, the figurines, the vistas, the lore artwork and some merch designs. tall order.
edit: forgot the dolls but they're already off model so much that Faded Shadowbinder Effigy reminds me more of a snapper dragon than the actual god it's depicting anyways
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
[quote name="Nelsothy" date="2024-01-20 12:53:28" ], so if they wanted to fix her pixellation they might have to go in and redraw parts of her by hand... [/quote] actualy no! ill just quote my post about it [quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2023-12-10 09:06:10" ] its just that their images at some point (around the dragon profile revamp maybe?) shrunk to 350x350 for no reason whereas the other deities have images that are 600x600 still you can still get the original noncrusty images, the deities as they are now all use this link format https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/1_350.png?mtime=ZAAAAAAAAAA https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/2_350.png?mtime=ZAAAAAAAAAA but they used to have this instead https://flightrising.com/images/gods/1.png https://flightrising.com/images/gods/2.png and the ones in images/gods still has them at 600x600, as opposed to rendern/whatever which matches the normal dragon image format you can see the old profiles in wayback and open the images in a new tab to verify they used the images/gods links [/quote] that said id love an art revamp. with the concerns brought up in the prrevious post, porobably keep the designs the same? eother way they still look fine so i wouldnt say its super necessary?
Nelsothy wrote on 2024-01-20 12:53:28:
, so if they wanted to fix her pixellation they might have to go in and redraw parts of her by hand...
actualy no! ill just quote my post about it
PixelSpiral wrote on 2023-12-10 09:06:10:
its just that their images at some point (around the dragon profile revamp maybe?) shrunk to 350x350 for no reason whereas the other deities have images that are 600x600 still

you can still get the original noncrusty images, the deities as they are now all use this link format
https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/1_350.png?mtime=ZAAAAAAAAAA
https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/2_350.png?mtime=ZAAAAAAAAAA
but they used to have this instead
https://flightrising.com/images/gods/1.png
https://flightrising.com/images/gods/2.png
and the ones in images/gods still has them at 600x600, as opposed to rendern/whatever which matches the normal dragon image format

you can see the old profiles in wayback and open the images in a new tab to verify they used the images/gods links

that said id love an art revamp. with the concerns brought up in the prrevious post, porobably keep the designs the same? eother way they still look fine so i wouldnt say its super necessary?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 3 4