Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon history
1 2
if youre familiar with toyhouse, think of the ownership log characters have.

just a little button on a dragon's page that chronologically shows the ownership/changes history of a dragon. auction house sales, cr trades, who sold/bought them, how much they sold for.

additionally, what breed, colors, and genes it was born with. if and when its been scattered, what colors it got, if it had a breed change, gene scrolls, maybe even when it was bred and to who.

basically like a dragon audit log, as far as i understand it.

i get that this is probably not really feasible to do for some reason that im not aware of, but ive just always been interested in the history of my dragons. (also because i forgot if ive scattered one of my progens or not :p)
if youre familiar with toyhouse, think of the ownership log characters have.

just a little button on a dragon's page that chronologically shows the ownership/changes history of a dragon. auction house sales, cr trades, who sold/bought them, how much they sold for.

additionally, what breed, colors, and genes it was born with. if and when its been scattered, what colors it got, if it had a breed change, gene scrolls, maybe even when it was bred and to who.

basically like a dragon audit log, as far as i understand it.

i get that this is probably not really feasible to do for some reason that im not aware of, but ive just always been interested in the history of my dragons. (also because i forgot if ive scattered one of my progens or not :p)
I'd love to have something like this, but only visible to the owner of the dragon... and without the names of previous owners. Though I guess it could still include that a dragon was traded or something.

Unfortunately wouldn't work retroactively, obviously. That's not a huge deal to me.
I'd love to have something like this, but only visible to the owner of the dragon... and without the names of previous owners. Though I guess it could still include that a dragon was traded or something.

Unfortunately wouldn't work retroactively, obviously. That's not a huge deal to me.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2023-12-10 14:10:12" ] I'd love to have something like this, but only visible to the owner of the dragon... and without the names of previous owners. Though I guess it could still include that a dragon was traded or something. Unfortunately wouldn't work retroactively, obviously. That's not a huge deal to me. [/quote] i feel like it would be nice for it to have a public toggle! personally i'd like the names of the previous owners to be included, but i can understand why ppl wouldn't want that.
Almedha wrote on 2023-12-10 14:10:12:

i feel like it would be nice for it to have a public toggle! personally i'd like the names of the previous owners to be included, but i can understand why ppl wouldn't want that.
the fact that there is no feasible way to add this retroactively for the approaching-10-million dragons that already exist on the site is 'ehh' on its own tbh but on top of that there's already an unfortunate subculture that feels very strongly that if a dragon originated on their account they get some kind of say in what happens to it once it's left their lair and i personally prefer their usernames not be attached to that forever to support that?

there's also the very real sub-markets that a feature like this would create -- i know as a mainly g1 lair i'm maybe being slightly hypocritical but there is also a subset of the mint-in-box people that talk about wanting praise for having 'natural untouched by anything' dragons that is... it's weirdly reminiscent of gross irl stuff and lowkey it skeeves me to think about having to sort through g1 listings and see that listed as a selling point. like the whole "pure and unaltered" superiority. :/ like idk that market already exists i suppose but not in a site-endorsed way. maybe i'm being oversensitive about this today because i had to deal with dog show people and the suffering brachycephalic animals they had with them because pUrItY but it's not a nice vibe for me in general

or stuff like 'this dragon has XYZ user in its history' making it worth more or less. the harassment potential that creates. making it easier to track down g1s owned by certain people to troll them when right now the lack of a lineage adds a buffer. and even if it was a toggle, people who wanted to use the toggle would not be able to sell dragons because their usernames would be attached to those dragons on accounts that may not toggle the private version on. (edit to add: and oh gosh the drama created if a dragon is sold for X amount of gems gets bought by someone who goes and looks at its audit history and actually it was originally bought for Y amount of gems and now they feel ripped off)

idk maybe i'm a fun-sucker, i just feel like this creates so many potential negatives it's easier for individuals who care to stick that info in a bio or a personal lair datasheet.
the fact that there is no feasible way to add this retroactively for the approaching-10-million dragons that already exist on the site is 'ehh' on its own tbh but on top of that there's already an unfortunate subculture that feels very strongly that if a dragon originated on their account they get some kind of say in what happens to it once it's left their lair and i personally prefer their usernames not be attached to that forever to support that?

there's also the very real sub-markets that a feature like this would create -- i know as a mainly g1 lair i'm maybe being slightly hypocritical but there is also a subset of the mint-in-box people that talk about wanting praise for having 'natural untouched by anything' dragons that is... it's weirdly reminiscent of gross irl stuff and lowkey it skeeves me to think about having to sort through g1 listings and see that listed as a selling point. like the whole "pure and unaltered" superiority. :/ like idk that market already exists i suppose but not in a site-endorsed way. maybe i'm being oversensitive about this today because i had to deal with dog show people and the suffering brachycephalic animals they had with them because pUrItY but it's not a nice vibe for me in general

or stuff like 'this dragon has XYZ user in its history' making it worth more or less. the harassment potential that creates. making it easier to track down g1s owned by certain people to troll them when right now the lack of a lineage adds a buffer. and even if it was a toggle, people who wanted to use the toggle would not be able to sell dragons because their usernames would be attached to those dragons on accounts that may not toggle the private version on. (edit to add: and oh gosh the drama created if a dragon is sold for X amount of gems gets bought by someone who goes and looks at its audit history and actually it was originally bought for Y amount of gems and now they feel ripped off)

idk maybe i'm a fun-sucker, i just feel like this creates so many potential negatives it's easier for individuals who care to stick that info in a bio or a personal lair datasheet.
I feel like you make excellent points about the reasons why usernames should absolutely [i]not[/i] be included. All the ones I wasn't going to take the time to make myself. [quote name="cantrip" date="2023-12-10 14:52:11" ] there's also the very real sub-markets that a feature like this would create -- i know as a mainly g1 lair i'm maybe being slightly hypocritical but there is also a subset of the mint-in-box people that talk about wanting praise for having 'natural untouched by anything' dragons that is... it's weirdly reminiscent of gross irl stuff and lowkey it skeeves me to think about having to sort through g1 listings and see that listed as a selling point. like the whole "pure and unaltered" superiority. :/ like idk that market already exists i suppose but not in a site-endorsed way. [/quote] But I don't think that keeping track of where a dragon's been will no more endorse the people whose playstyle is "none/none" than it does already. The offspring list is just keeping track of how many times this dragon has been bred - this seems like the same but more. The people that just like "mint-in-box" dragons will have to put up with the fact that their precious G1 has actually changed hands seventy times.
I feel like you make excellent points about the reasons why usernames should absolutely not be included. All the ones I wasn't going to take the time to make myself.
cantrip wrote on 2023-12-10 14:52:11:
there's also the very real sub-markets that a feature like this would create -- i know as a mainly g1 lair i'm maybe being slightly hypocritical but there is also a subset of the mint-in-box people that talk about wanting praise for having 'natural untouched by anything' dragons that is... it's weirdly reminiscent of gross irl stuff and lowkey it skeeves me to think about having to sort through g1 listings and see that listed as a selling point. like the whole "pure and unaltered" superiority. :/ like idk that market already exists i suppose but not in a site-endorsed way.
But I don't think that keeping track of where a dragon's been will no more endorse the people whose playstyle is "none/none" than it does already. The offspring list is just keeping track of how many times this dragon has been bred - this seems like the same but more. The people that just like "mint-in-box" dragons will have to put up with the fact that their precious G1 has actually changed hands seventy times.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="cantrip" date="2023-12-10 14:52:11" ] the fact that there is no feasible way to add this retroactively for the approaching-10-million dragons that already exist on the site is 'ehh' on its own tbh but on top of that there's already an unfortunate subculture that feels very strongly that if a dragon originated on their account they get some kind of say in what happens to it once it's left their lair and i personally prefer their usernames not be attached to that forever to support that? there's also the very real sub-markets that a feature like this would create -- i know as a mainly g1 lair i'm maybe being slightly hypocritical but there is also a subset of the mint-in-box people that talk about wanting praise for having 'natural untouched by anything' dragons that is... it's weirdly reminiscent of gross irl stuff and lowkey it skeeves me to think about having to sort through g1 listings and see that listed as a selling point. like the whole "pure and unaltered" superiority. :/ like idk that market already exists i suppose but not in a site-endorsed way. maybe i'm being oversensitive about this today because i had to deal with dog show people and the suffering brachycephalic animals they had with them because pUrItY but it's not a nice vibe for me in general or stuff like 'this dragon has XYZ user in its history' making it worth more or less. the harassment potential that creates. making it easier to track down g1s owned by certain people to troll them when right now the lack of a lineage adds a buffer. and even if it was a toggle, people who wanted to use the toggle would not be able to sell dragons because their usernames would be attached to those dragons on accounts that may not toggle the private version on. idk maybe i'm a fun-sucker, i just feel like this creates so many potential negatives it's easier for individuals who care to stick that info in a bio or a personal lair datasheet. [/quote] I get these concerns, honestly yeah the fact that it cant be retroactive is the biggest downside to me. for the other concerns tho,, i know there IS a subset of players that would use this feature in weird/annoying ways, but i dont really see value in not considering fun ideas just because some groups of players would be annoying about it. personally if i see players being annoying about something, i kinda just ignore it. as for the purity market, ultimately its a fictional game with no consequences on real living things, and imo ppl are allowed to play the game however they want.
cantrip wrote on 2023-12-10 14:52:11:

or stuff like 'this dragon has XYZ user in its history' making it worth more or less. the harassment potential that creates. making it easier to track down g1s owned by certain people to troll them when right now the lack of a lineage adds a buffer. and even if it was a toggle, people who wanted to use the toggle would not be able to sell dragons because their usernames would be attached to those dragons on accounts that may not toggle the private version on.

I get these concerns, honestly yeah the fact that it cant be retroactive is the biggest downside to me.

for the other concerns tho,, i know there IS a subset of players that would use this feature in weird/annoying ways, but i dont really see value in not considering fun ideas just because some groups of players would be annoying about it. personally if i see players being annoying about something, i kinda just ignore it.

as for the purity market, ultimately its a fictional game with no consequences on real living things, and imo ppl are allowed to play the game however they want.
ok i just lost my whole reply to Almedha because i was trying to multiquote like i was on a complete different website Q_Q so now y'all get the short versions. [quote]But I don't think that keeping track of where a dragon's been will no more endorse the people whose playstyle is "none/none" than it does already. The offspring list is just keeping track of how many times this dragon has been bred - this seems like the same but more. The people that just like "mint-in-box" dragons will have to put up with the fact that their precious G1 has actually changed hands seventy times.[/quote] i meant more that there's no current site-sanctioned way to tell the difference between a nocturne hatched with pastel eyes, and a tundra hatched with uncommon eyes that was scrolled into a nocturne with pastel eyes! [quote]for the other concerns tho,, i know there IS a subset of players that would use this feature in weird/annoying ways, but i dont really see value in not considering fun ideas just because some groups of players would be annoying about it. personally if i see players being annoying about something, i kinda just ignore it.[/quote] i'm glad that you can! we are in the slow process of losing a decade's worth of resources RE: pinglists because other people cannot and staff has now set the precedent that anti-harassment is a higher priority than existing dominance org and the user-driven UMA market. my takeaway from that is that when an avenue of possible harassment exists, it is used. and used so extensively the rest of us have to change our playstyles. i'm just not down for more of that.
ok i just lost my whole reply to Almedha because i was trying to multiquote like i was on a complete different website Q_Q so now y'all get the short versions.
Quote:
But I don't think that keeping track of where a dragon's been will no more endorse the people whose playstyle is "none/none" than it does already. The offspring list is just keeping track of how many times this dragon has been bred - this seems like the same but more. The people that just like "mint-in-box" dragons will have to put up with the fact that their precious G1 has actually changed hands seventy times.

i meant more that there's no current site-sanctioned way to tell the difference between a nocturne hatched with pastel eyes, and a tundra hatched with uncommon eyes that was scrolled into a nocturne with pastel eyes!

Quote:
for the other concerns tho,, i know there IS a subset of players that would use this feature in weird/annoying ways, but i dont really see value in not considering fun ideas just because some groups of players would be annoying about it. personally if i see players being annoying about something, i kinda just ignore it.

i'm glad that you can! we are in the slow process of losing a decade's worth of resources RE: pinglists because other people cannot and staff has now set the precedent that anti-harassment is a higher priority than existing dominance org and the user-driven UMA market. my takeaway from that is that when an avenue of possible harassment exists, it is used. and used so extensively the rest of us have to change our playstyles. i'm just not down for more of that.
this would make me extremely uncomfortable, personally. i don't want other people feeling like they have claim to my dragons because they're in its ownership history, and if i sell a dragon i dont really like the idea of me being listed on its page forever. the breed/gene/color change tracking could be a fun idea, i wouldn't be opposed to that, but ultimately the ownership thing i can just see causing way too many problems.
this would make me extremely uncomfortable, personally. i don't want other people feeling like they have claim to my dragons because they're in its ownership history, and if i sell a dragon i dont really like the idea of me being listed on its page forever. the breed/gene/color change tracking could be a fun idea, i wouldn't be opposed to that, but ultimately the ownership thing i can just see causing way too many problems.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
This is a tricky one. I definitely support the idea of a gene/scatter/change history, if it's feasible, I think it could be fun and harmless. A breeding log would probably be interesting as well. I would also add something like a coliseum battle/win/loss counter to the list of ideas.

But, signalling previous ownership could make people feel more entitled to dragons they let go of. Ultimately, the dragon is in the hands of whoever currently owns it. I also think including prices wouldn't have much meaning, as dragon prices are extremely subjective in the majority of cases.
As a side note, I think the unbred G1 "purity" market is being misinterpreted. I don't think knowing the list of G1's previous owners would matter often, as it's mostly about the visual appeal of None/None in the box rather than anything else. That said, I still believe it would be best to avoid anything involving other player's usernames being attached to a dragon.
This is a tricky one. I definitely support the idea of a gene/scatter/change history, if it's feasible, I think it could be fun and harmless. A breeding log would probably be interesting as well. I would also add something like a coliseum battle/win/loss counter to the list of ideas.

But, signalling previous ownership could make people feel more entitled to dragons they let go of. Ultimately, the dragon is in the hands of whoever currently owns it. I also think including prices wouldn't have much meaning, as dragon prices are extremely subjective in the majority of cases.
As a side note, I think the unbred G1 "purity" market is being misinterpreted. I don't think knowing the list of G1's previous owners would matter often, as it's mostly about the visual appeal of None/None in the box rather than anything else. That said, I still believe it would be best to avoid anything involving other player's usernames being attached to a dragon.
Sorry, signature will be back in five minutes! Perhaps.
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2023-12-10 15:23:23" ] this would make me extremely uncomfortable, personally. i don't want other people feeling like they have claim to my dragons because they're in its ownership history, and if i sell a dragon i dont really like the idea of me being listed on its page forever. the breed/gene/color change tracking could be a fun idea, i wouldn't be opposed to that, but ultimately the ownership thing i can just see causing way too many problems. [/quote] pretty much seconding this
Kuroikumo wrote on 2023-12-10 15:23:23:
pretty much seconding this
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
1 2