Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fodder levelling/selling question
1 2
Hi there!

I used to do a lot of leveling and exalting and was wondering if it would be more profitable to level fodder to around 5-7, store them, and then wait until a dom battle to sell them.

Where would I go to sell them in large quantities? I'm looking for currency only.

Also, how fast do leveled dragons move on the AH?
Hi there!

I used to do a lot of leveling and exalting and was wondering if it would be more profitable to level fodder to around 5-7, store them, and then wait until a dom battle to sell them.

Where would I go to sell them in large quantities? I'm looking for currency only.

Also, how fast do leveled dragons move on the AH?
EF77ZMA.png tLDlIiD.gif -Art shop
-PWYW Art Shop
-Art Dump (examples)
Dom battles rarely happen these days, so unless you have the space to keep them hoarded until a Dom battle, I think it's better to keep them for profit pushes. Pushing flights have Public Buy spreadsheets; you can find their takers there and mass-send them via Private Auctions.
Dom battles rarely happen these days, so unless you have the space to keep them hoarded until a Dom battle, I think it's better to keep them for profit pushes. Pushing flights have Public Buy spreadsheets; you can find their takers there and mass-send them via Private Auctions.
Cursed Die
Hi, I'm Steffon.

Saving up: 1,830/7,000 G
- 11 * (530 - 250) = 3,080 G
- Accent Blueprint (10) + Accent Blueprint = 3,500 G
Projects
God-Emperor
Taran's wondrous figurines
Hestia's brood
Guild Wars 2 fandragons
gMDuKVs.png
JHqnR5C.png
oxDm2Un.png
mjtJ868.png
5hF3FGk.png
I mean, there's literally a dom battle going on right this week, but- I don't think you are on the wrong track. I would say, for stored dragons it can be worth it to level higher than you normally would, since spaces will be your limiting factor instead of time. When I'm trying to trade for stored fodder for breeding project reasons, I usually see level 7 or level 10, fwiw.

I only have experience in the level 25 market on AH; it takes a month or so on average to move a dragon, just as a no-math estimation. I don't know if lower levels sell faster or not. I mean, going to a public buy would be "sold immediately, thank you for your business" but unsure on general AH speed.

Either way, unless you're using "home-grown" dragons, as it were, I wouldn't recommend starting tto store dragons this week (15kt fodder floor, ouch! You would have to go decently high to break even- level 8 or 9, I think?)

Editing to add- if you want to keep tabs on dom battles and haven't signed up for Dom Watch, it's a community thing that's the best way to keep up with what's going on in the battle scene.
I mean, there's literally a dom battle going on right this week, but- I don't think you are on the wrong track. I would say, for stored dragons it can be worth it to level higher than you normally would, since spaces will be your limiting factor instead of time. When I'm trying to trade for stored fodder for breeding project reasons, I usually see level 7 or level 10, fwiw.

I only have experience in the level 25 market on AH; it takes a month or so on average to move a dragon, just as a no-math estimation. I don't know if lower levels sell faster or not. I mean, going to a public buy would be "sold immediately, thank you for your business" but unsure on general AH speed.

Either way, unless you're using "home-grown" dragons, as it were, I wouldn't recommend starting tto store dragons this week (15kt fodder floor, ouch! You would have to go decently high to break even- level 8 or 9, I think?)

Editing to add- if you want to keep tabs on dom battles and haven't signed up for Dom Watch, it's a community thing that's the best way to keep up with what's going on in the battle scene.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Profit pushes don't usually raise the fodder floor to my knowledge. Is this different for leveled dragons? Also, how do I find the public buy spreadsheets? I've never done any dom things besides selling when the fodder floor is high so I'm intimidated by mass private auctions/spreadsheets xD
@Steffon I have 300ish spaces for storage and only play on and off, so waiting is okay! I check the dom calendar occasionally and note anything exciting in my agenda.

Profit pushes don't usually raise the fodder floor to my knowledge. Is this different for leveled dragons? Also, how do I find the public buy spreadsheets? I've never done any dom things besides selling when the fodder floor is high so I'm intimidated by mass private auctions/spreadsheets xD
-PWYW Art Shop
-Art Dump (examples)
@Renaiwom I'm not super active and have plenty of space, so time would be my limiting factor. With this in mind, 7 would be my level cap. Worst case, if I run out of space I can go back and level them up to 10.

I planned for this dom battle and am selling the rest of my (unleveled) fodder today and tomorrow. I'm trying to plan for going forward, not this week. It's very easy to sell unleveled dragons but I've never sold leveled ones on the AH or privately. I was thinking of leveling a few tonight to 3-7 and selling them but I'm not sure where to sell them/what to price them at during a dom battle.

In regards to you trading for stored fodder, what were they priced at?
@Renaiwom I'm not super active and have plenty of space, so time would be my limiting factor. With this in mind, 7 would be my level cap. Worst case, if I run out of space I can go back and level them up to 10.

I planned for this dom battle and am selling the rest of my (unleveled) fodder today and tomorrow. I'm trying to plan for going forward, not this week. It's very easy to sell unleveled dragons but I've never sold leveled ones on the AH or privately. I was thinking of leveling a few tonight to 3-7 and selling them but I'm not sure where to sell them/what to price them at during a dom battle.

In regards to you trading for stored fodder, what were they priced at?
-PWYW Art Shop
-Art Dump (examples)
@probablyaflower They don't raise the fodder floor, to be fair; at least, not much. Maybe a bit when two or more flights are profit pushing at the same time. Selling fodder in pushes outside Dom battles in general at least guarantees that you get the average amount of Treasure/steady stream of Gems for your dragons...if that makes sense? :0

You can find the public buy spreadsheets in the weekly Dom Watch thread here, or in the Find a Dragon forums. If it helps, here is the Public Buy spreadsheet for Light, and here is the Public Buy spreadsheet for Arcane. These spreadsheets also have tables for fodder payout, to help with pricing things. :D
@probablyaflower They don't raise the fodder floor, to be fair; at least, not much. Maybe a bit when two or more flights are profit pushing at the same time. Selling fodder in pushes outside Dom battles in general at least guarantees that you get the average amount of Treasure/steady stream of Gems for your dragons...if that makes sense? :0

You can find the public buy spreadsheets in the weekly Dom Watch thread here, or in the Find a Dragon forums. If it helps, here is the Public Buy spreadsheet for Light, and here is the Public Buy spreadsheet for Arcane. These spreadsheets also have tables for fodder payout, to help with pricing things. :D
Cursed Die
Hi, I'm Steffon.

Saving up: 1,830/7,000 G
- 11 * (530 - 250) = 3,080 G
- Accent Blueprint (10) + Accent Blueprint = 3,500 G
Projects
God-Emperor
Taran's wondrous figurines
Hestia's brood
Guild Wars 2 fandragons
gMDuKVs.png
JHqnR5C.png
oxDm2Un.png
mjtJ868.png
5hF3FGk.png
@Steffon

Noted, thank you for your help! I'll check them out :)
@Steffon

Noted, thank you for your help! I'll check them out :)
-PWYW Art Shop
-Art Dump (examples)
@probablyaflower
Hello, Arcane and Light are battling this week (I'm in Arcane). We have a raffle and a public buy and would love to buy any and all leveled fodder. Raffle has a slightly lower payout but a chance to win some great prizes.

Raffle: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3291907/1#post_3291907
Public Buy: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/3291925/1#post_3291925
@probablyaflower
Hello, Arcane and Light are battling this week (I'm in Arcane). We have a raffle and a public buy and would love to buy any and all leveled fodder. Raffle has a slightly lower payout but a chance to win some great prizes.

Raffle: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3291907/1#post_3291907
Public Buy: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/3291925/1#post_3291925

Zombats
She/Her
FRT +0
lva-L.pnglva-3.pnglva-9.pnglva-4.pnglva-2.pnglva-7.pnglva-10.pnglva-1.pnglva-6.pnglva-8.pnglva-5.pnglva-R.png
qzYSQQU.png
@probablyaflower

since you play on and off, i think what you're doing (leveling and storing fodder til battles) is a great idea!

depending on how much time you have to level, i would try to level up to 7-10 as renaiwom said, to maximize the amount of levels you have stored up. otherwise 5-7 is fine if you cant spend that much time leveling!

and if you're interested in only money, public buys are one of your options, but i have seen people list levelled fodder on the ah (though im not sure how much more profit they're making compared to sending fodder to public buys; maybe someone else has info on that)
@probablyaflower

since you play on and off, i think what you're doing (leveling and storing fodder til battles) is a great idea!

depending on how much time you have to level, i would try to level up to 7-10 as renaiwom said, to maximize the amount of levels you have stored up. otherwise 5-7 is fine if you cant spend that much time leveling!

and if you're interested in only money, public buys are one of your options, but i have seen people list levelled fodder on the ah (though im not sure how much more profit they're making compared to sending fodder to public buys; maybe someone else has info on that)
v6C5M8v.png sometimes looking for:
melting/brewing
fodder leveling
grinding
gem sales
I've been selling level 8s on the AH for 25-30kt this battle; the public buys are currently around 20k for level 8s.
I've been selling level 8s on the AH for 25-30kt this battle; the public buys are currently around 20k for level 8s.
6F_F.png008F_Custom.png
1 2