Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Nature v Plague Ancients
I feel like now that we have both a Nature and a Plague ancient, and especially after re-reading the BotE story/lore, I'm curious how these Ancients would react to being part of the opposing flight. Like a Nature Abberation or a Plague Auraboa, whether it's internal or external conflicts. I feel like tensions would be high since the lore made it seem like they're on the brink of an all-out war.
I feel like now that we have both a Nature and a Plague ancient, and especially after re-reading the BotE story/lore, I'm curious how these Ancients would react to being part of the opposing flight. Like a Nature Abberation or a Plague Auraboa, whether it's internal or external conflicts. I feel like tensions would be high since the lore made it seem like they're on the brink of an all-out war.
m1cUkRV.gif
She/Her
FR Time +3
tumblr_otyiqh3lqC1vsg0m1o1_400.png
WWoZukB.gif
K1BzZ.gifkgeky.gifz9uHK.gifuCfko.gifoMnSD.gif9Ml2E.gifjC6vB.gifHcwce.gifQvahY.gifDT4ED.gifGE7cM.gifLmJla.gif7ac7F.gifMspSr.gifGLxad.gifIpCPd.gifF5tbm.gifIYId4.gifIlIZj.gif
I was instantly reminded of this thread when I read this post haha
I was instantly reminded of this thread when I read this post haha
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
I wonder if the auraboa who go to plague would adopt the concepts of the plague wildclaw clans that live there. Moreso since the plague wildclaws are their kin, so they may feel more comfortable in adopting their way of life.

No idea for a nature aberration. My best guess would be that theyre an individual who dislikes plague mom for scrapping their breed, so they moved to nature out of spite.

I wonder if the auraboa who go to plague would adopt the concepts of the plague wildclaw clans that live there. Moreso since the plague wildclaws are their kin, so they may feel more comfortable in adopting their way of life.

No idea for a nature aberration. My best guess would be that theyre an individual who dislikes plague mom for scrapping their breed, so they moved to nature out of spite.

70573973.pngCBsJXZk.gif
I guess this raises the question of how exactly the Auraboa hivemind works. If a plague Auraboa goes to sleep, will it automatically connect to a hivemind that's already dominated by thousands of nature minds, or will it never connect and form its own hivemind with its fellow plague brethren? Personally, I don't think Aberrations or Auraboa are too hateful of each other. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki/article/auraboa-dragons]Their encyclopedia page[/url] specifically mentions that there the memories of combat are "almost none" within the hivemind. Is this hivemind censorship for hatchlings joining the hivemind for the very first time? Or are they just a species who have literally never seen war? Or are combat memories not important enough to be saved into the telepathic hivemind database? If we do get a second ancient for every flight, maybe it's actually the [i]second[/i] nature ancient who destroyed Aberrations. Anyway, as for my headcanons on Nature Aberrations [emoji=aberration size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1]:[LIST] [*][b]Quick "Too Long, Didn't Read" Summary[/b]: Aberrations are fine with other Aberrations because all diversity, including element, strengthens the Wyrmwound, species, and flight. [i]Plague moderns[/i] are the racist ones. [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki/article/aberration-dragons]The encyclopedia page about Aberrations[/url] says that they go back into the Wyrmwound once a year, which I'm assuming happens regardless of birthplace (therefore element), so nature Aberrations are probably not denied entry. But it's not a free pass either, Aberrations still have to fight and survive their way through the wasteland to prove themselves like any other traveler. [*]Aberrations consider it impressive whenever non-Plague Aberrations manage to reach the Wyrmwound and believe the mix of elemental magic would actually strengthen it. [*]Also Nature Aberrations are probably considered spies. "Hello, what news do you bring from the land of the Green One?" would probably be a greeting. Problems only happen if an Aberration ever says "Long live Gladekeeper" without sarcasm. [*]Generally, it doesn't make sense for a diverse breed like Aberrations to care, especially since their main priority is Plaguebringer and her opinions. Contrast this with Plague Wildclaws who have constant beef with Nature Wildclaws and probably extend that frustration to other dragons.[/LIST] I haven't figured out too many headcanons for Plague Auraboas yet. I haven't decided on whether it's just ONE GIANT hivemind that connects Auraboas regardless of element and distance, or if it literally functions like wifi hotspots. Like if an Auraboa flew from Nature to Plague, it can telepathically hear the voices of its brethren fade until its brain autoconnects to the plague [s]internet network[/s] hivemind when it reaches the wasteland. But if it's a giant inseparable hivemind, then my headcanons are different.
I guess this raises the question of how exactly the Auraboa hivemind works.

If a plague Auraboa goes to sleep, will it automatically connect to a hivemind that's already dominated by thousands of nature minds, or will it never connect and form its own hivemind with its fellow plague brethren?

Personally, I don't think Aberrations or Auraboa are too hateful of each other. Their encyclopedia page specifically mentions that there the memories of combat are "almost none" within the hivemind.

Is this hivemind censorship for hatchlings joining the hivemind for the very first time? Or are they just a species who have literally never seen war? Or are combat memories not important enough to be saved into the telepathic hivemind database?

If we do get a second ancient for every flight, maybe it's actually the second nature ancient who destroyed Aberrations.

Anyway, as for my headcanons on Nature Aberrations :
  • Quick "Too Long, Didn't Read" Summary: Aberrations are fine with other Aberrations because all diversity, including element, strengthens the Wyrmwound, species, and flight. Plague moderns are the racist ones.
  • The encyclopedia page about Aberrations says that they go back into the Wyrmwound once a year, which I'm assuming happens regardless of birthplace (therefore element), so nature Aberrations are probably not denied entry. But it's not a free pass either, Aberrations still have to fight and survive their way through the wasteland to prove themselves like any other traveler.
  • Aberrations consider it impressive whenever non-Plague Aberrations manage to reach the Wyrmwound and believe the mix of elemental magic would actually strengthen it.
  • Also Nature Aberrations are probably considered spies. "Hello, what news do you bring from the land of the Green One?" would probably be a greeting. Problems only happen if an Aberration ever says "Long live Gladekeeper" without sarcasm.
  • Generally, it doesn't make sense for a diverse breed like Aberrations to care, especially since their main priority is Plaguebringer and her opinions. Contrast this with Plague Wildclaws who have constant beef with Nature Wildclaws and probably extend that frustration to other dragons.
I haven't figured out too many headcanons for Plague Auraboas yet.

I haven't decided on whether it's just ONE GIANT hivemind that connects Auraboas regardless of element and distance, or if it literally functions like wifi hotspots. Like if an Auraboa flew from Nature to Plague, it can telepathically hear the voices of its brethren fade until its brain autoconnects to the plague internet network hivemind when it reaches the wasteland. But if it's a giant inseparable hivemind, then my headcanons are different.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
@DoubleO

Seeing how the newest generation of Auraboas are influenced by the seed that Liefa chucked into the ground and the influx of magic due to the bounty of the elements (likely caused by whatever the Earthshaker and Tidelord are off looking for), it's safe to say that if one wants to headcanon them being able to connect to the nature loop only or can connect to others of their same element or nearby auras only it's all just as canon.

After all the story did put emphasis on the fact that Auras weren't really out to interact with others 'cause they're gucci with their own loopy hivemind and only left to seek help when their children suddenly got "sick" so the latest generation of Auraboas are likely able to do both, either or neither as one decides upon and it'd all be considered canon.

As for OPs question...Abbies only want Plegmom's approval to show her they're absolutely worthy so I don't think they'd care much if other elemented ones of their kin would waltz in. I'd go so far as to say that perhaps Aberrations of other flights have the same need for approval by not only the Plaguebringer but also the deity whos magic influenced their egg.

Auras don't seem to care much of other dragons in general, they're happy enough doing their own thing, so it's likely they'd just be neutral or even just ignore plague dragons (and other elements) unless they're fellow Auraboas to potentially enter the hivemind with.
@DoubleO

Seeing how the newest generation of Auraboas are influenced by the seed that Liefa chucked into the ground and the influx of magic due to the bounty of the elements (likely caused by whatever the Earthshaker and Tidelord are off looking for), it's safe to say that if one wants to headcanon them being able to connect to the nature loop only or can connect to others of their same element or nearby auras only it's all just as canon.

After all the story did put emphasis on the fact that Auras weren't really out to interact with others 'cause they're gucci with their own loopy hivemind and only left to seek help when their children suddenly got "sick" so the latest generation of Auraboas are likely able to do both, either or neither as one decides upon and it'd all be considered canon.

As for OPs question...Abbies only want Plegmom's approval to show her they're absolutely worthy so I don't think they'd care much if other elemented ones of their kin would waltz in. I'd go so far as to say that perhaps Aberrations of other flights have the same need for approval by not only the Plaguebringer but also the deity whos magic influenced their egg.

Auras don't seem to care much of other dragons in general, they're happy enough doing their own thing, so it's likely they'd just be neutral or even just ignore plague dragons (and other elements) unless they're fellow Auraboas to potentially enter the hivemind with.
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
I'm excited to see what the Devs will cook up.
I'm excited to see what the Devs will cook up.
ZPHN6ju.png