Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Help me choose secondary...?
Which secondary is looks better here? I can't decide. If you can give your reasons, I'd appreciate it! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=77&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=217&winggene=244&wings=79&auth=4f0cf7d3ce9704d31300622bcd96a121952f019a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=77&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=217&winggene=245&wings=79&auth=5c8df2408c6df9b413b6d81a9dbcdab57966688c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Which secondary is looks better here? I can't decide. If you can give your reasons, I'd appreciate it!

dragon?age=1&body=77&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=217&winggene=244&wings=79&auth=4f0cf7d3ce9704d31300622bcd96a121952f019a&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=77&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=217&winggene=245&wings=79&auth=5c8df2408c6df9b413b6d81a9dbcdab57966688c&dummyext=prev.png
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
personally, the flair hits better for me. i think it's because of the gradient from that dark, saturated green to the much lighter shade - it matches the saturation of the primary's base color, and the lighter green also has more yellow, which also helps it harmonize with the primary. also the flair has a lot of the same shapeys as mochlus, while the paisley's swoopy curves are slightly jarring to my eyeballs next to the sharp angles and gentler curves in the primary.

but it looks like that primary color is one of the ones that has an error in mochlus - i think one of the color layers in the gene is missing, so once it's fixed it will look a lot different than it does now. idk how much of a difference it's likely to make, but it's worth keeping in mind either way
personally, the flair hits better for me. i think it's because of the gradient from that dark, saturated green to the much lighter shade - it matches the saturation of the primary's base color, and the lighter green also has more yellow, which also helps it harmonize with the primary. also the flair has a lot of the same shapeys as mochlus, while the paisley's swoopy curves are slightly jarring to my eyeballs next to the sharp angles and gentler curves in the primary.

but it looks like that primary color is one of the ones that has an error in mochlus - i think one of the color layers in the gene is missing, so once it's fixed it will look a lot different than it does now. idk how much of a difference it's likely to make, but it's worth keeping in mind either way
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
[quote name="peanutbutterjar" date="2023-11-23 18:20:44" ] personally, the flair hits better for me. i think it's because of the gradient from that dark, saturated green to the much lighter shade - it matches the saturation of the primary's base color, and the lighter green also has more yellow, which also helps it harmonize with the primary. also the flair has a lot of the same shapeys as mochlus, while the paisley's swoopy curves are slightly jarring to my eyeballs next to the sharp angles and gentler curves in the primary. but it looks like that primary color is one of the ones that has an error in mochlus - i think one of the color layers in the gene is missing, so once it's fixed it will look a lot different than it does now. idk how much of a difference it's likely to make, but it's worth keeping in mind either way [/quote] Oh wow, I didn't know there was an error. I'll definitely need to wait for the fix then. Thanks you!
peanutbutterjar wrote on 2023-11-23 18:20:44:

Oh wow, I didn't know there was an error. I'll definitely need to wait for the fix then. Thanks you!
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif