Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fiona-Based Achievement Line
Suggestion: an achievements series for leveling your bond with familiars that you have NOT discovered (i.e. are still grayed out in your bestiary), so achievable only by going to Fiona's Fantastic Familiars.

As part of this, I think you'd want to line up a small handful of familiars to work well for this and be more quickly level-able at Fiona's, even for long-haulers who have been familiars completionists for years, such as:
  • Increase the rate with which the year 1 holiday sprites, boolean, skycat, etc. appear at Fiona's
  • Simultaneously introduce a handful of new marketplace-only, never-chest-drop familiars so beta testers/kickstarters/long-haulers/folks with 3mil gems to drop on a boolean have something new they can choose not to buy in order to complete the achievement, if they've otherwise got a fully discovered bestiary

There would be seven achievements in this line, one for each bond tier, so it wouldn't take much time or luck to hit the first one for Wary. It would definitely be able to award retroactively, since all the information for this achievement is already tracked by the bestiary.
Suggestion: an achievements series for leveling your bond with familiars that you have NOT discovered (i.e. are still grayed out in your bestiary), so achievable only by going to Fiona's Fantastic Familiars.

As part of this, I think you'd want to line up a small handful of familiars to work well for this and be more quickly level-able at Fiona's, even for long-haulers who have been familiars completionists for years, such as:
  • Increase the rate with which the year 1 holiday sprites, boolean, skycat, etc. appear at Fiona's
  • Simultaneously introduce a handful of new marketplace-only, never-chest-drop familiars so beta testers/kickstarters/long-haulers/folks with 3mil gems to drop on a boolean have something new they can choose not to buy in order to complete the achievement, if they've otherwise got a fully discovered bestiary

There would be seven achievements in this line, one for each bond tier, so it wouldn't take much time or luck to hit the first one for Wary. It would definitely be able to award retroactively, since all the information for this achievement is already tracked by the bestiary.
da6ff338bc8c404fce343866ea3b6f5b24494cbb.png
What about those who awaikened all? And no way retrospectively track was it fiona or fam itself?
What about those who awaikened all? And no way retrospectively track was it fiona or fam itself?

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
.....soooooo you have to intentionally NOT buy a familiar to keep it grey to get the achievements here?

And could I potentially buy a super common familiar, bond with it daily until it's a single click away from awakened and then hoard sell it, and wait for it to show up in Fiona to awaken it there for the cheve? It'd be a LOT quicker to get a daily click in instead of waiting for one familiar to pop up randomly 89 times.

If owning the familiar at all during the bonding process invalidates the achievement, I can see it getting REALLY frustrating when you're sitting there trying to level it purely through Fiona and then someone gifts it to you as a random act of kindness haha. I've gotten quite a few unowned familiars that way!

I'm also not convinced that the bestiary tracks "this bond level was hit through Fiona instead of while it was on a dragon". Seems more likely that it just tracks what the bond level is, and whether or not you own it. For example, I've got a familiar I awakened years before Fiona even existed, but I only had one and I turned it in for a hibden task, and there is no indication in the bestiary that I have ever once owned that familiar.

It's a neat idea to consider, but I don't actually think I'd like it if it was real.
.....soooooo you have to intentionally NOT buy a familiar to keep it grey to get the achievements here?

And could I potentially buy a super common familiar, bond with it daily until it's a single click away from awakened and then hoard sell it, and wait for it to show up in Fiona to awaken it there for the cheve? It'd be a LOT quicker to get a daily click in instead of waiting for one familiar to pop up randomly 89 times.

If owning the familiar at all during the bonding process invalidates the achievement, I can see it getting REALLY frustrating when you're sitting there trying to level it purely through Fiona and then someone gifts it to you as a random act of kindness haha. I've gotten quite a few unowned familiars that way!

I'm also not convinced that the bestiary tracks "this bond level was hit through Fiona instead of while it was on a dragon". Seems more likely that it just tracks what the bond level is, and whether or not you own it. For example, I've got a familiar I awakened years before Fiona even existed, but I only had one and I turned it in for a hibden task, and there is no indication in the bestiary that I have ever once owned that familiar.

It's a neat idea to consider, but I don't actually think I'd like it if it was real.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
So I see what you want to achieve with this suggestion, and I do think it's a cool idea, but unfortunately the technical limitations others have brought up present some concerns. So what about this alternative:

Bond with an unowned familiar at Fiona's (x) number of times? And there could be various levels of that. That way, you're going to get it eventually, as even for those with full bestiaries they are always releasing new fams and some you can't get right away (say, if it's one connected to a Fiona feat for which the initial familiar hasn't been around long enough for anyone to awaken it).
So I see what you want to achieve with this suggestion, and I do think it's a cool idea, but unfortunately the technical limitations others have brought up present some concerns. So what about this alternative:

Bond with an unowned familiar at Fiona's (x) number of times? And there could be various levels of that. That way, you're going to get it eventually, as even for those with full bestiaries they are always releasing new fams and some you can't get right away (say, if it's one connected to a Fiona feat for which the initial familiar hasn't been around long enough for anyone to awaken it).
There's already a much less demanding achievement for this:

"Bond with a familiar Fiona owns (that you don't) at Fiona's Fantastic Familiars at the Trading Post"

This does not demand that you keep that familiar unowned for a specified period of time or that you bond completely through her, which I find more reasonable— while you say that the system tracks this retroactively, it doesn't! Familiars never owned but awakened through Fiona look identical to those who you've awakened on your own dragons and sold off.

(There's also an "awaken a familiar through Fiona" which can count as the same thing but also allows people to just use her as the final step, iirc.)
There's already a much less demanding achievement for this:

"Bond with a familiar Fiona owns (that you don't) at Fiona's Fantastic Familiars at the Trading Post"

This does not demand that you keep that familiar unowned for a specified period of time or that you bond completely through her, which I find more reasonable— while you say that the system tracks this retroactively, it doesn't! Familiars never owned but awakened through Fiona look identical to those who you've awakened on your own dragons and sold off.

(There's also an "awaken a familiar through Fiona" which can count as the same thing but also allows people to just use her as the final step, iirc.)
@luccamajere

I like your suggestion. Fiona prioritises unowned familiars, so even if someone owns a lot of fams, the ones they don't own are going to come up frequently. Support from me.
@luccamajere

I like your suggestion. Fiona prioritises unowned familiars, so even if someone owns a lot of fams, the ones they don't own are going to come up frequently. Support from me.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!