Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Username release?
There is a username I want that is registered to a dead account. I was wanting to know if that username could be released so that I may obtain it? The username in question is AmenoSakura.
There is a username I want that is registered to a dead account. I was wanting to know if that username could be released so that I may obtain it? The username in question is AmenoSakura.
ElFi6Vj.pngVovN7TT.gif3yxkewT.png I am on FR time currently.
@KittyLune staff do not currently release usernames. inactive accounts are left alone so that users can come back at any time, while banned accounts often keep their usernames (where they don't break other site rules, at least) as part of the penalty of being banned in the first place. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/140#post_14053784]Aequorin did mention this years ago[/url], but so far no further comments have been made, so i wouldn't get your hopes up. [quote][quote]If a banned/locked account has a username we want, is there anything we can do about it, or should we just live our lives?[/quote] While we may eventually free up usernames on closed accounts, we have no plans for it at this time. We have no plans to free up usernames on request.[/quote]
@KittyLune staff do not currently release usernames. inactive accounts are left alone so that users can come back at any time, while banned accounts often keep their usernames (where they don't break other site rules, at least) as part of the penalty of being banned in the first place.

Aequorin did mention this years ago, but so far no further comments have been made, so i wouldn't get your hopes up.
Quote:
Quote:
If a banned/locked account has a username we want, is there anything we can do about it, or should we just live our lives?

While we may eventually free up usernames on closed accounts, we have no plans for it at this time. We have no plans to free up usernames on request.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="After" date="2023-06-18 15:14:31" ] @KittyLune staff do not currently release usernames. inactive accounts are left alone so that users can come back at any time, while banned accounts often keep their usernames (where they don't break other site rules, at least) as part of the penalty of being banned in the first place. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/140#post_14053784]Aequorin did mention this years ago[/url], but so far no further comments have been made, so i wouldn't get your hopes up. [quote][quote]If a banned/locked account has a username we want, is there anything we can do about it, or should we just live our lives?[/quote] While we may eventually free up usernames on closed accounts, we have no plans for it at this time. We have no plans to free up usernames on request.[/quote] [/quote] The account I want the username from is completely dead. It doesn't have any friends, no dragons and no forum posts. I highly doubt the person will be returning.
After wrote on 2023-06-18 15:14:31:
@KittyLune staff do not currently release usernames. inactive accounts are left alone so that users can come back at any time, while banned accounts often keep their usernames (where they don't break other site rules, at least) as part of the penalty of being banned in the first place.

Aequorin did mention this years ago, but so far no further comments have been made, so i wouldn't get your hopes up.
Quote:
Quote:
If a banned/locked account has a username we want, is there anything we can do about it, or should we just live our lives?

While we may eventually free up usernames on closed accounts, we have no plans for it at this time. We have no plans to free up usernames on request.
The account I want the username from is completely dead. It doesn't have any friends, no dragons and no forum posts. I highly doubt the person will be returning.
ElFi6Vj.pngVovN7TT.gif3yxkewT.png I am on FR time currently.
@KittyLune doesn't change the answer. *shrug*

fwiw people have been hacked and had everything removed from their account only to return later and discover this, so you seriously never know. if it's not banned, it stays.
@KittyLune doesn't change the answer. *shrug*

fwiw people have been hacked and had everything removed from their account only to return later and discover this, so you seriously never know. if it's not banned, it stays.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Staff does not clear inactive accounts, so you will not get that account name. Sorry.
Staff does not clear inactive accounts, so you will not get that account name. Sorry.