Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cheaper Skins/Accents for Ancients
1 2 3
Suggestion is what it says on the tin.

Genes for ancients are cheaper than modern genes as a trade off for not being able to dress them, so I feel the same should be true for skins and accents.

I find myself struggling to find skins/accents for my ancients because all I can feasibly get my hands on are festival skins/accents, everything else is a um skin/accent that I can't afford. Skins and accents are the only option to "dress" an ancient and it would be nice to have it be a little more accessible.

I'm not sure how this would be approached in-game however. The best idea I have is having a separate "ancient skin/accent" blueprint for users to buy.
Suggestion is what it says on the tin.

Genes for ancients are cheaper than modern genes as a trade off for not being able to dress them, so I feel the same should be true for skins and accents.

I find myself struggling to find skins/accents for my ancients because all I can feasibly get my hands on are festival skins/accents, everything else is a um skin/accent that I can't afford. Skins and accents are the only option to "dress" an ancient and it would be nice to have it be a little more accessible.

I'm not sure how this would be approached in-game however. The best idea I have is having a separate "ancient skin/accent" blueprint for users to buy.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
Tentatively support.
As I can see it we need new ancient blueprints. And game just check type of blueprint and choosen breed in sending settings.
Tentatively support.
As I can see it we need new ancient blueprints. And game just check type of blueprint and choosen breed in sending settings.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
tbh i agree - considering accents/skins are the only way to "dress" or decorate ancients, they should be cheaper than the options for modern breeds - we lose a lot of customization ability with ancients since they can't wear clothing

(side note: i love the uptick i'm seeing of people sayign "whats on the tin" in regards to their title/post body content. i say it all the time but i never saw other people saying it til recently. i know i didnt come up with it but it's still fun :DDD)
tbh i agree - considering accents/skins are the only way to "dress" or decorate ancients, they should be cheaper than the options for modern breeds - we lose a lot of customization ability with ancients since they can't wear clothing

(side note: i love the uptick i'm seeing of people sayign "whats on the tin" in regards to their title/post body content. i say it all the time but i never saw other people saying it til recently. i know i didnt come up with it but it's still fun :DDD)
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
The only issue I see with this is how to handle the plethora of Ancient skins that have already been printed- does everyone get a refund? Do you do a "this will take effect on the Anniversary" sort of thing? It deserves being thought about, even if I don't have a good solution offhand.
The only issue I see with this is how to handle the plethora of Ancient skins that have already been printed- does everyone get a refund? Do you do a "this will take effect on the Anniversary" sort of thing? It deserves being thought about, even if I don't have a good solution offhand.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Support. I'd love to see more variety for skins for Ancients and given they can't wear apparel, blueprints for them should cost less given that's the only customization option available to us.
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-05-17 18:06:44" ] The only issue I see with this is how to handle the plethora of Ancient skins that have already been printed- does everyone get a refund? Do you do a "this will take effect on the Anniversary" sort of thing? It deserves being thought about, even if I don't have a good solution offhand. [/quote] Many times something was anavailble and expensive and later bam become available. No one who spend their cash was refunded. Like eyes issue. Thus it is unpleasant for those who affected but this is precedent.
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-05-17 18:06:44:
Many times something was anavailble and expensive and later bam become available. No one who spend their cash was refunded. Like eyes issue.
Thus it is unpleasant for those who affected but this is precedent.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I support this because I have a slight accent addiction yeah, ancients can't wear apparel and this is the only way we can "dress" them. Their genes are cheaper for that reason, so for the sake of consistency I think their fest skins/accents ought to be cheaper as well, plus the blueprints for making them.
I support this because I have a slight accent addiction yeah, ancients can't wear apparel and this is the only way we can "dress" them. Their genes are cheaper for that reason, so for the sake of consistency I think their fest skins/accents ought to be cheaper as well, plus the blueprints for making them.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-05-17 22:41:32" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-05-17 18:06:44" ] The only issue I see with this is how to handle the plethora of Ancient skins that have already been printed- does everyone get a refund? Do you do a "this will take effect on the Anniversary" sort of thing? It deserves being thought about, even if I don't have a good solution offhand. [/quote] Many times something was anavailble and expensive and later bam become available. No one who spend their cash was refunded. Like eyes issue. Thus it is unpleasant for those who affected but this is precedent. [/quote]When has staff ever set the price for an item and then changed it...?
Alkhor wrote on 2023-05-17 22:41:32:
Many times something was anavailble and expensive and later bam become available. No one who spend their cash was refunded. Like eyes issue.
When has staff ever set the price for an item and then changed it...?
ZQGfAQY.png
support! as many stated before me, it makes sense since the genes for ancients, etc., are cheaper than the modern equivalents
support! as many stated before me, it makes sense since the genes for ancients, etc., are cheaper than the modern equivalents
UFhZdZT.pnggZAkO1q.pngHlNpkkm.pngQ2cC3z4.png6CCHM.gifVfZSF.gifWXq7K.gifV38df.gif3biDI.gif
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2023-05-18 08:13:58" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-05-17 22:41:32" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-05-17 18:06:44" ] The only issue I see with this is how to handle the plethora of Ancient skins that have already been printed- does everyone get a refund? Do you do a "this will take effect on the Anniversary" sort of thing? It deserves being thought about, even if I don't have a good solution offhand. [/quote] Many times something was anavailble and expensive and later bam become available. No one who spend their cash was refunded. Like eyes issue. Thus it is unpleasant for those who affected but this is precedent. [/quote]When has staff ever set the price for an item and then changed it...? [/quote] This is not changing. This is new item. Fact that previously you used another item to get something do not affect on compensation. Previously you can only change eyes with scatter or breed and pay something. Now you can use new item that cheaper. Item cheaper. But dragon's rice still settled by players. Same here: new blueprint cheaper. But skin price settled by player. (IE no one restrict player set his skins 100 times more expensive then blueprint/number)
Jessyta wrote on 2023-05-18 08:13:58:
Alkhor wrote on 2023-05-17 22:41:32:
When has staff ever set the price for an item and then changed it...?
This is not changing. This is new item.
Fact that previously you used another item to get something do not affect on compensation.
Previously you can only change eyes with scatter or breed and pay something. Now you can use new item that cheaper.
Item cheaper. But dragon's rice still settled by players.

Same here: new blueprint cheaper. But skin price settled by player.
(IE no one restrict player set his skins 100 times more expensive then blueprint/number)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1 2 3