Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Eliminate still expensive and rare?
Hello. I've been away for a long time, though usually when I come back I check on the state of the eliminates. I did some big give aways in the past and wanted to know if Eliminates are still dropping/rare/selling big so I can try to do another give away like before.
Hello. I've been away for a long time, though usually when I come back I check on the state of the eliminates. I did some big give aways in the past and wanted to know if Eliminates are still dropping/rare/selling big so I can try to do another give away like before.
ZMmDKc3.gif
By Chee#47514
I sold one for 200g yesterday which was a little below LAH. So, even after all this time, I wouldn't say that they're cheap.
I sold one for 200g yesterday which was a little below LAH. So, even after all this time, I wouldn't say that they're cheap.
@liteweaver yeah I remember selling them by the handfuls back in the day for a bit more than that. I can't check my selling history because it deletes after like 2 weeks. Having just checked on the prices just now they're going for like 300k. Not bad I guess for a start. Thanks.
@liteweaver yeah I remember selling them by the handfuls back in the day for a bit more than that. I can't check my selling history because it deletes after like 2 weeks. Having just checked on the prices just now they're going for like 300k. Not bad I guess for a start. Thanks.
ZMmDKc3.gif
By Chee#47514
Eliminate is certainly less expensive than it was back in 2018-2019, but it's still priced high enough today that it's something a number of player have to plan and save up for, particular newer ones who don't have a fully kitted Coli team.

The devs implemented a number of changes to keep the prices of Eliminate in check after the stones managed to work their way up to 600kT/g. I remember that at their absolute height, Eliminate prices got up as far as 800kT/g. It had actually became an issue, and one the community was very vocal about at the time, about how inaccessible Eliminate had become to anyone who didn't already have a team of Coli dragons equipped with it.

In May 2019 FR introduced Galore's Glorious Gifts as a new system of distributing gifts to players, and one of the first gifts given out was two Eliminates stones. Yes, each player who signed in and went to Galore got during that week got two free Eliminate stones. It was a much needed relief to have a sudden influx of Eliminate stones on the market.

Then in November 2019, the devs finally—finallyallowed Eliminate stones to drop in the Mire, the final nail in the coffin for Eliminate prices. Which is a change that players had been requesting for years. It didn't make sense to have the Mire be the only venue where Eliminate stones could not drop.

Since then Eliminate prices have been relatively stable. The current prices of Eliminate is where they were around 2015-2016 before they skyrocketed when FR began opening up site registration, first with Welcome Weeks and then finally full-time open registration.

All that said, Eliminate stones are still great giveaway gifts. Pretty much every Dom OOF/PB raffle I've participated in and been pulled a winner, I have requested any prize pack that includes Eliminate. Even if I currently don't have dragons I want to train up and equip Eliminate on, these stones are good investments because there is no other battlestone that can compete with Eliminate. As long as Dom exists, there will always be a need for trainers, and those trainers will need dragons with Eliminate.

A lot of us are hoping that whenever the Coli PVP update drops it will come with new battlestones to hopefully shake up the meta (or at least provide new build variety), but I suspect that Eliminate will always have a place at the top. It's just too efficient lol.
Eliminate is certainly less expensive than it was back in 2018-2019, but it's still priced high enough today that it's something a number of player have to plan and save up for, particular newer ones who don't have a fully kitted Coli team.

The devs implemented a number of changes to keep the prices of Eliminate in check after the stones managed to work their way up to 600kT/g. I remember that at their absolute height, Eliminate prices got up as far as 800kT/g. It had actually became an issue, and one the community was very vocal about at the time, about how inaccessible Eliminate had become to anyone who didn't already have a team of Coli dragons equipped with it.

In May 2019 FR introduced Galore's Glorious Gifts as a new system of distributing gifts to players, and one of the first gifts given out was two Eliminates stones. Yes, each player who signed in and went to Galore got during that week got two free Eliminate stones. It was a much needed relief to have a sudden influx of Eliminate stones on the market.

Then in November 2019, the devs finally—finallyallowed Eliminate stones to drop in the Mire, the final nail in the coffin for Eliminate prices. Which is a change that players had been requesting for years. It didn't make sense to have the Mire be the only venue where Eliminate stones could not drop.

Since then Eliminate prices have been relatively stable. The current prices of Eliminate is where they were around 2015-2016 before they skyrocketed when FR began opening up site registration, first with Welcome Weeks and then finally full-time open registration.

All that said, Eliminate stones are still great giveaway gifts. Pretty much every Dom OOF/PB raffle I've participated in and been pulled a winner, I have requested any prize pack that includes Eliminate. Even if I currently don't have dragons I want to train up and equip Eliminate on, these stones are good investments because there is no other battlestone that can compete with Eliminate. As long as Dom exists, there will always be a need for trainers, and those trainers will need dragons with Eliminate.

A lot of us are hoping that whenever the Coli PVP update drops it will come with new battlestones to hopefully shake up the meta (or at least provide new build variety), but I suspect that Eliminate will always have a place at the top. It's just too efficient lol.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
Let me know if you decide to do another giveaway!
Let me know if you decide to do another giveaway!
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog