Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pin an Arlo plot to top?
First foray into the PvP forum I think lol

Anyhow: I currently have [//checks page] 411 magnifying glasses for Precise Work in Arlo. I want to use them for Boulder/Myrid/Undertide Scrolls, but scrolling down to find them is just... annoying? So I just don't use them, and they build up, and honestly the number I have now vs almost always being a 0 on my pickaxes is starting to make my eye twitch.

I think it would be a nice Quality of Life thing if we could pick, like, one plot per digsite to pin to the top of the page, so picking what to use the Precise Work on saves time/effort.

I know it's not something that massively affects gameplay, but it's just a minor annoyance that I think might assuaged without having to do a huge overhaul of anything.

(some coding nonsense below -- my memory isn't great, so I might be getting some of it wrong since I haven't double-checked resources to verify, but I promise I vaguely know what I'm doing, my biggest issue is not knowing what HTML is capable of coding-wise since, while I have decent programming knowledge, my HTML -- and especially HTML5 -- knowledge is pretty surface-level)

Going by the Inspect Page on the Archaeology page, the plots are each in their own <div> frames, with (I'm assuming) the "data-layout" property being the size of the plots themselves (smallest to largest, 2->1->3->4), and due to the way the site displays (being a set width and only the background expanding with the window or bringing up a horizontal scroll bar if it gets too small) combined with the padding properties of each frame, there's no need for a line break. This is what I'm going off of, but I'm also An Éntire Foolë so like I said, I might be wrong.

I know HTML5 can do variables with the <var> tag, so it might be possible to assign another property (like dig-plot-id?) to the plots to differentiate them, though I don't know if that would break anything under the hood. So then you could implement a special <div> frame at the top that (if it's possible with HTML5, I'm not sure) is hidden unless a plot is pinned, and have it mirror a plot id based on the variable assigned by pinning said plot?

There might be a problem determining the padding so that it would be at the top and centered regardless of the actual size of the plot itself, but that might be mitigated by changing the padding alongside the id variable. I'm fuzzy on how much is capable with classes and properties in HTML, though, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

Completely moving the plot would probably mess things up, but mirroring it so that it's just a copy up top that behaves the same way in both locations might be possible? I just don't know if it's possible in a web page vs a standalone application.

I'm not trying to be all r/iamverysmart here, I just wanted to throw out a potential starting idea so that I'm not sitting here like "DO IT, CODERS, DO YOUR MAGIC" and instead actually seem to have thought this through ksjdhgsdfd

Anyhow: I currently have [//checks page] 411 magnifying glasses for Precise Work in Arlo. I want to use them for Boulder/Myrid/Undertide Scrolls, but scrolling down to find them is just... annoying? So I just don't use them, and they build up, and honestly the number I have now vs almost always being a 0 on my pickaxes is starting to make my eye twitch.

I think it would be a nice Quality of Life thing if we could pick, like, one plot per digsite to pin to the top of the page, so picking what to use the Precise Work on saves time/effort.

I know it's not something that massively affects gameplay, but it's just a minor annoyance that I think might assuaged without having to do a huge overhaul of anything.

(some coding nonsense below -- my memory isn't great, so I might be getting some of it wrong since I haven't double-checked resources to verify, but I promise I vaguely know what I'm doing, my biggest issue is not knowing what HTML is capable of coding-wise since, while I have decent programming knowledge, my HTML -- and especially HTML5 -- knowledge is pretty surface-level)

Going by the Inspect Page on the Archaeology page, the plots are each in their own <div> frames, with (I'm assuming) the "data-layout" property being the size of the plots themselves (smallest to largest, 2->1->3->4), and due to the way the site displays (being a set width and only the background expanding with the window or bringing up a horizontal scroll bar if it gets too small) combined with the padding properties of each frame, there's no need for a line break. This is what I'm going off of, but I'm also An Éntire Foolë so like I said, I might be wrong.

I know HTML5 can do variables with the <var> tag, so it might be possible to assign another property (like dig-plot-id?) to the plots to differentiate them, though I don't know if that would break anything under the hood. So then you could implement a special <div> frame at the top that (if it's possible with HTML5, I'm not sure) is hidden unless a plot is pinned, and have it mirror a plot id based on the variable assigned by pinning said plot?

There might be a problem determining the padding so that it would be at the top and centered regardless of the actual size of the plot itself, but that might be mitigated by changing the padding alongside the id variable. I'm fuzzy on how much is capable with classes and properties in HTML, though, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

Completely moving the plot would probably mess things up, but mirroring it so that it's just a copy up top that behaves the same way in both locations might be possible? I just don't know if it's possible in a web page vs a standalone application.

I'm not trying to be all r/iamverysmart here, I just wanted to throw out a potential starting idea so that I'm not sitting here like "DO IT, CODERS, DO YOUR MAGIC" and instead actually seem to have thought this through ksjdhgsdfd
they/them || ace polyam || adhd/asd || artist || writer || moron
incapable of shutting the heck up
i gatekeep my interests but the gate is a floodgate and im keeping it open
unfortunately, i will elaborate.
always support for things that help hand / wrist strain
always support for things that help hand / wrist strain
nzqnkq.png
*claps* I think this would be really helpful! I've forgotten about a plot I was working on cuz its at the bottom!

also i dont have much of a coding knowledge, and html isnt one i worked with recently, but does make sense /gen
*claps* I think this would be really helpful! I've forgotten about a plot I was working on cuz its at the bottom!

also i dont have much of a coding knowledge, and html isnt one i worked with recently, but does make sense /gen
Warning: this user needs pings or they will miss your message, please proceed with a ping
[quote name="malafight" date="2023-04-08 17:05:59" ] First foray into the PvP forum I think lol [/quote] Gotta say this is funny lol. Anyways support to do something for the QoL of the dig sites like this. I'm not a fan of all the extra scrolling I need to do for some things.
malafight wrote on 2023-04-08 17:05:59:

Gotta say this is funny lol.

Anyways support to do something for the QoL of the dig sites like this. I'm not a fan of all the extra scrolling I need to do for some things.
PiAyg8i.png

A small flight banner, halve being fire and halve being wind.

Silver_Square.png
^ Fandragon ^
Yes. Please. I don't use magnifying glasses because it is a hassle to use them and scroll so far.
Yes. Please. I don't use magnifying glasses because it is a hassle to use them and scroll so far.
Please don't quote me.
I'm all support for this!! I usually use magnifying glasses and this would help my wrist a lot
I'm all support for this!! I usually use magnifying glasses and this would help my wrist a lot
my wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83346007
check outNightmaresParade's Clan they're such a great friend :D
Full support to this suggestion :)
To be honest I'm mostly too lazy to dig with magnifying glasses, because I always have to scroll down to find the right plot, and many of the digsites became quite long meanwhile to scroll down and to catch exactly the plot you're looking for (especially on mobile). Also, the 'good plots' (genes ect.) are mostly on the lower end, so it would be wonderful to be able to move them upwards.
Full support to this suggestion :)
To be honest I'm mostly too lazy to dig with magnifying glasses, because I always have to scroll down to find the right plot, and many of the digsites became quite long meanwhile to scroll down and to catch exactly the plot you're looking for (especially on mobile). Also, the 'good plots' (genes ect.) are mostly on the lower end, so it would be wonderful to be able to move them upwards.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
Support, I hate all the scrolling I have to do...
Support, I hate all the scrolling I have to do...
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Big support. On mobile the page likes to reset on me just as I hit the plot I scrolled to and makes me scroll twice. Very irritating!!
Big support. On mobile the page likes to reset on me just as I hit the plot I scrolled to and makes me scroll twice. Very irritating!!