Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | coming back after like. years
hi i havent been on here in like over 2 years and im not super sure what i should do with myself? theres a lot of new and different things, what are some things an old newcomer should do
hi i havent been on here in like over 2 years and im not super sure what i should do with myself? theres a lot of new and different things, what are some things an old newcomer should do
tumblr_inline_ojq6kw7euk1r2ao8y_540.pngdratini.gifLL2jqUF.pngleafeon.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
@rottin
Trade for gravel. What else? ;D
@rottin
Trade for gravel. What else? ;D
83124666.png Boop? BOOP!
If I missed your ping, PM me I will not see it otherwise. Thanks!
@rottin grab each of the marva items by trading in gravel, futz around scrying the new breeds? maybe sell some items that can be traded for gravel now while they're worth more lol like the niggles. see if u can still grab the clanbound aether eggs from galore? Idk if they're still available
@rottin grab each of the marva items by trading in gravel, futz around scrying the new breeds? maybe sell some items that can be traded for gravel now while they're worth more lol like the niggles. see if u can still grab the clanbound aether eggs from galore? Idk if they're still available
UBaiWUV.png
Pgv53XB.png
cFHVk5Q.png
HugYtfH.png
×××× sushi ghoul - they/them - i identify as tired ××××
gem sales thread | sushi's ghouls - hatchery
semi-hiatus
lair revamp sales thread (upcoming)
mlHpBMC.png
ZwbGqUa.png
omKpPgG.png
qeWy3Ik.png
@rottin

I came back from a hiatus a few years ago. Something I really liked to do was earn treasure, and go through the Game Database (sorted by Item ID: Highest to Lowest) and see what was new! As well as going through the Announcements & News backlog

Undertides and Aethers are the newest ancient breeds.
You can get Undertide breed change scrolls from the plot in Deep Sea Dive in Arlos, and some genes for Aethers in Ancient Aerie in Arlos. Aether breedchanges are sold in the treasure marketplace.
Obelisks are the newest modern breed. (ah, I see you know about these already!)
There are a handful of new genes!

The Grand Exchange has seen a big overhaul; there is now a permanent store, Sage's Seasonal Sundries, that cycles every season. There, you can find seasonal items which were previously in the Marketplace, along with some new goodies.

If you have any dragons who are 3+ years old that you'd like to get rid of, consider making a post at Old Oaks

@rottin

I came back from a hiatus a few years ago. Something I really liked to do was earn treasure, and go through the Game Database (sorted by Item ID: Highest to Lowest) and see what was new! As well as going through the Announcements & News backlog

Undertides and Aethers are the newest ancient breeds.
You can get Undertide breed change scrolls from the plot in Deep Sea Dive in Arlos, and some genes for Aethers in Ancient Aerie in Arlos. Aether breedchanges are sold in the treasure marketplace.
Obelisks are the newest modern breed. (ah, I see you know about these already!)
There are a handful of new genes!

The Grand Exchange has seen a big overhaul; there is now a permanent store, Sage's Seasonal Sundries, that cycles every season. There, you can find seasonal items which were previously in the Marketplace, along with some new goodies.

If you have any dragons who are 3+ years old that you'd like to get rid of, consider making a post at Old Oaks

z58SWFH.png Fnrx3wS.pngT0lT2WO.png
mlHpBMC.png5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.pngMf1oI42.png
DxCICZ1.pngnWiQNX9.png
apUeZZ4.png3qzCkO1.png
Thanks all! I'm newly back after like a 5 year hiatus and the changes are crazy!
Thanks all! I'm newly back after like a 5 year hiatus and the changes are crazy!
@rottin Hi! I came back from a long hiatus six months ago too (and then promptly went on another smaller break because school) and the first thing I did was look through the Announcements and News section from the time I left to the present. Since it's a festival and April Fool's, I'd also suggest getting a little bit of those items today as your coming back, but it's not the end of the world if you just claim your 1t Marva item and move on.

Number 1 thing: Just play around with new stuff! After I came back I spent a while in the Scrying Workshop re-making gene plans for my G1s with the new breeds and genes and exploring updated site functions.

I also recommend checking what your clan profile bio says, because in the years I was gone some key information became inaccurate (like pronouns), so don't forget to update that!

Look through your lair, and maybe spend some time purging if you'd like. This is a great time to purge because most of your emotional attachment may be gone, so it's a lot easier to get rid of gen 1 projects you're never going to finish or Random Dragon #54 you bought as a newbie that's now worth some money and you're okay selling it.

Anyways, welcome back! I hope you have a good time rediscovering the site :)
@rottin Hi! I came back from a long hiatus six months ago too (and then promptly went on another smaller break because school) and the first thing I did was look through the Announcements and News section from the time I left to the present. Since it's a festival and April Fool's, I'd also suggest getting a little bit of those items today as your coming back, but it's not the end of the world if you just claim your 1t Marva item and move on.

Number 1 thing: Just play around with new stuff! After I came back I spent a while in the Scrying Workshop re-making gene plans for my G1s with the new breeds and genes and exploring updated site functions.

I also recommend checking what your clan profile bio says, because in the years I was gone some key information became inaccurate (like pronouns), so don't forget to update that!

Look through your lair, and maybe spend some time purging if you'd like. This is a great time to purge because most of your emotional attachment may be gone, so it's a lot easier to get rid of gen 1 projects you're never going to finish or Random Dragon #54 you bought as a newbie that's now worth some money and you're okay selling it.

Anyways, welcome back! I hope you have a good time rediscovering the site :)
A great guide: Chronological update reference
A great guide: Chronological update reference
***********She/Her***********
***********FR +9***********