Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Subcategorize Ancients in Predict Morph
This has likely been suggested before, but with the talk of optimizing the marketplace for Ancient genes, I think the Scrying Workshop could also use a tweak!

Currently, the breed drop-down menu in Predict Morphology doesn't make any distinction between ancients and moderns. Because selecting an ancient breed resets all genes to basic, I can imagine this being a confusing interface for new players.

This could be solved with any of the following ideas:
  • Dividing the list into two headings and simply grouping the ancient breeds together (I think this would be the most elegant solution)
  • Including the ancient symbol next to ancient breed names
  • Simply including (Ancient) in parentheses next to the breed name

As the number of ancient breeds grows over time, some organizational QoL tweaks like this can make a big difference for Predict Morphology's usability.
This has likely been suggested before, but with the talk of optimizing the marketplace for Ancient genes, I think the Scrying Workshop could also use a tweak!

Currently, the breed drop-down menu in Predict Morphology doesn't make any distinction between ancients and moderns. Because selecting an ancient breed resets all genes to basic, I can imagine this being a confusing interface for new players.

This could be solved with any of the following ideas:
  • Dividing the list into two headings and simply grouping the ancient breeds together (I think this would be the most elegant solution)
  • Including the ancient symbol next to ancient breed names
  • Simply including (Ancient) in parentheses next to the breed name

As the number of ancient breeds grows over time, some organizational QoL tweaks like this can make a big difference for Predict Morphology's usability.
Sign_2.png
I would love this change. Having ancient breeds and modern breeds interspersed in the dropdown list isn't a problem for me now, but I can very easily see it becoming one as more and more ancients are added.
I would love this change. Having ancient breeds and modern breeds interspersed in the dropdown list isn't a problem for me now, but I can very easily see it becoming one as more and more ancients are added.
Support, super annoying when you're trying to see how a scry looks on various breeds, then you accidentally click an ancient one, and poof, there it goes...
Support, super annoying when you're trying to see how a scry looks on various breeds, then you accidentally click an ancient one, and poof, there it goes...
lightning.gif2f3b078d99d720604b36510c35f391005ec07b3f.pngQOsn8Q8.png
Support, i think id like the first option you listed or possibly ancients getting their own dropdown that defaulted to ‘none’ or ‘-‘ or something if you select a modern and vice versa

could have ‘or’ between them like

[modern dropdown]
- OR -
[ancient dropdown]

dunno if thatd be confusing to use or annoying to code, though
Support, i think id like the first option you listed or possibly ancients getting their own dropdown that defaulted to ‘none’ or ‘-‘ or something if you select a modern and vice versa

could have ‘or’ between them like

[modern dropdown]
- OR -
[ancient dropdown]

dunno if thatd be confusing to use or annoying to code, though
.......LRWJpvK.png
7785.png
x8YqlBy.gif
ciurGcg.png
........lightning_rune.png
T4Peb9C.png
DxCICZ1.png