Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hear me out.
So you know how the game is reaching its 10th birthday. That is a pretty big number right, double digits! This could be a new modern! Think about it, rather i have no concept of time, or this is pretty soon for a new aincent to be launched, plus this may be a stretch, but all the dragons in the picture are moderns. And also again with the whole 10 is a very special number thing.
So you know how the game is reaching its 10th birthday. That is a pretty big number right, double digits! This could be a new modern! Think about it, rather i have no concept of time, or this is pretty soon for a new aincent to be launched, plus this may be a stretch, but all the dragons in the picture are moderns. And also again with the whole 10 is a very special number thing.
KuZvF.gif
jW4oH.gif
9JEQK.gif

She/they, loves animals! My favorites are tigers, Leopard Geckos, and cats. My username means the study of cats.
maybe the tidelord will come back
maybe the tidelord will come back
jDpQtoH.jpg1Hz5MxU.png1Hz5MxU.png1Hz5MxU.png
since we only got Obelisks in 2021 and before that was Bogsneaks in 2016, a new modern already is pretty far-fetched; with all the genes and literal thousands of apparel assets that have to be made, moderns simply can't come out that fast (at least not without severe crunch and artist burnout at best).

staff also said the goal for this year's anniversary is the Achievement system revamp, so barring something really bad happening on the backend to wreck that, i'm expecting that's what we'll get.
since we only got Obelisks in 2021 and before that was Bogsneaks in 2016, a new modern already is pretty far-fetched; with all the genes and literal thousands of apparel assets that have to be made, moderns simply can't come out that fast (at least not without severe crunch and artist burnout at best).

staff also said the goal for this year's anniversary is the Achievement system revamp, so barring something really bad happening on the backend to wreck that, i'm expecting that's what we'll get.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
The only way this is a modern is if staff where working on multiple moderns simultaneously, lol! It takes multiple YEARS to make a modern and it's been 2 since obelisk
The only way this is a modern is if staff where working on multiple moderns simultaneously, lol! It takes multiple YEARS to make a modern and it's been 2 since obelisk
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
I mean, I'm pretty sure the staff is working on multiple moderns at once, but uhhh... I think they'd be making a bigger deal of it if it was a new modern, judging from the fanfare Obelisks got.

It also doesn't really seem weird to me that all the pictured dragons are moderns- iirc, in the lore, Ancients haven't been around all that long, and probably aren't super common yet. Plus they have more intricate designs than the moderns for the most part, ha!
I mean, I'm pretty sure the staff is working on multiple moderns at once, but uhhh... I think they'd be making a bigger deal of it if it was a new modern, judging from the fanfare Obelisks got.

It also doesn't really seem weird to me that all the pictured dragons are moderns- iirc, in the lore, Ancients haven't been around all that long, and probably aren't super common yet. Plus they have more intricate designs than the moderns for the most part, ha!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

A new modern is pretty unlikely for a few reasons. A modern is a big deal, if they were to release one it would be for an anniversary and not as a fairly unexpected drop. The staff have already discussed their plans for this coming anniversary, which is the new achievements system, which, given the new shop coming with it, while not a new modern, should be a pretty exciting update for the 10th anniversary.

I'd love a new modern as much as the next person, but, given the number of genes and the long, long list of apperal sets, it'll probably be a while. When they do plan to release another one, I think we'll get some pretty decent hints beforehand. So far everything seems to be pointing to this being another ancient release, which, while not a modern, is still a nice surprise.
A new modern is pretty unlikely for a few reasons. A modern is a big deal, if they were to release one it would be for an anniversary and not as a fairly unexpected drop. The staff have already discussed their plans for this coming anniversary, which is the new achievements system, which, given the new shop coming with it, while not a new modern, should be a pretty exciting update for the 10th anniversary.

I'd love a new modern as much as the next person, but, given the number of genes and the long, long list of apperal sets, it'll probably be a while. When they do plan to release another one, I think we'll get some pretty decent hints beforehand. So far everything seems to be pointing to this being another ancient release, which, while not a modern, is still a nice surprise.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
I heard some mentions of Adventure mode yesterday, I don't know anything about it but I would assume it's some kind of a new game mode or major mechanic that's been in development for a while? Maybe we'll get something like that :) A 10th anniversary would be the perfect time to publish something huge like that, but if not, maybe Galore will give us cake :D
I heard some mentions of Adventure mode yesterday, I don't know anything about it but I would assume it's some kind of a new game mode or major mechanic that's been in development for a while? Maybe we'll get something like that :) A 10th anniversary would be the perfect time to publish something huge like that, but if not, maybe Galore will give us cake :D
ePOliyb.png8VNo9V1.pngBzjAkuF.png
artist | programmer | retro nerd

Cool draggos: KyarCrossFelony

{ Hi! I'm Mr. Ocelittle! See my wishlist! )
ifGjLLQ.png
A new modern would be pretty neat, yeah, but for all the reason already mentioned above, i too agree that this seems pretty unlikely.
An new arcane Ancients seems more possible, even tought it hasn't been that long since Undertides joined the site.
Honestly i'm hoping a bit for a new digsite too, where we may uncover the breedchange -Similar to the Undertide update?
A new modern would be pretty neat, yeah, but for all the reason already mentioned above, i too agree that this seems pretty unlikely.
An new arcane Ancients seems more possible, even tought it hasn't been that long since Undertides joined the site.
Honestly i'm hoping a bit for a new digsite too, where we may uncover the breedchange -Similar to the Undertide update?
Me Fandragons
We already know that the 10th anni celebration will be centered around the return of the achievements system.

But yeah, as others have said, it's way too early and way too lowkey. A new modern is a huge deal due to how long they take to make, and we're just doing a little not even animated picture. And again, they take a long time to make..... the apparel backlog sets them back by years, a backlog which only gets worse every month. I can't see us getting a modern for the next two years.
And when we do, I imagine it'll be more than a picture announcing it. Tis likely an Anicient - though talk of a new Feat is exciting, I'd love one. Unlikely as well, but it'd be super cool.

We already know that the 10th anni celebration will be centered around the return of the achievements system.

But yeah, as others have said, it's way too early and way too lowkey. A new modern is a huge deal due to how long they take to make, and we're just doing a little not even animated picture. And again, they take a long time to make..... the apparel backlog sets them back by years, a backlog which only gets worse every month. I can't see us getting a modern for the next two years.
And when we do, I imagine it'll be more than a picture announcing it. Tis likely an Anicient - though talk of a new Feat is exciting, I'd love one. Unlikely as well, but it'd be super cool.

Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome