Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More contests
Something brought up during the livestream happening rn but I'm just gonna bite the bullet and be the one to put this on here.

More contests like when the site was young would be super cool!

Things like:
  • Recolour contests
  • Writing contests (I know we had one semi recently)
  • Comic contests

My brains empty so any more ideas and experiences, or reasons why you think this would or wouldnt work feel free to add!
Something brought up during the livestream happening rn but I'm just gonna bite the bullet and be the one to put this on here.

More contests like when the site was young would be super cool!

Things like:
  • Recolour contests
  • Writing contests (I know we had one semi recently)
  • Comic contests

My brains empty so any more ideas and experiences, or reasons why you think this would or wouldnt work feel free to add!
cd49yeB.png

SOAPY | THEY/THEM | +8 FR TIME
uBrBqTm.png
I think this would be a great way to keep site activity up while the refactor is going on and there's not so many new features to play with! Especially if the contests were kept deliberately small-scale, to reduce judging issues.

I would note that the last time there was a coloring contest, the familiar lineart for the Serpenta/Questing Beast got stolen by a coloring book site (I heard about this second-hand so don't have a source, but I suspect it couldn't be linked anyways...) and I'd hope there could be a way for FR to protect itself a bit. Probably can't be helped though.

Honestly, for a comic contest... I'd almost rather see something more like "Draw the Dragon Above You" where everyone was working off the same plotline, and the Vista would be awarded as a participation badge for everyone who put in a minimum level of effort? That would be less to judge and all. I'm picturing something like that one FRD thread where we were asked to "watch" a triple-White Imp hatchling for a minute, and utter chaos ensued, heh.
I think this would be a great way to keep site activity up while the refactor is going on and there's not so many new features to play with! Especially if the contests were kept deliberately small-scale, to reduce judging issues.

I would note that the last time there was a coloring contest, the familiar lineart for the Serpenta/Questing Beast got stolen by a coloring book site (I heard about this second-hand so don't have a source, but I suspect it couldn't be linked anyways...) and I'd hope there could be a way for FR to protect itself a bit. Probably can't be helped though.

Honestly, for a comic contest... I'd almost rather see something more like "Draw the Dragon Above You" where everyone was working off the same plotline, and the Vista would be awarded as a participation badge for everyone who put in a minimum level of effort? That would be less to judge and all. I'm picturing something like that one FRD thread where we were asked to "watch" a triple-White Imp hatchling for a minute, and utter chaos ensued, heh.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.